Post by Aabidano »

I knew it, he's a devil worshiper.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Poll: Obama rating slips

Post by Gzette »

Holy shit a president who doesn't cut education funding! Thanks Obama!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD9HGS5MO0
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Gzette wrote:Holy shit a president who doesn't cut education funding! Thanks Obama!

LOL, try googling Education spending under GW Bush. Teachers been sucking the tit pretty hard for years now.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Metanis wrote:
Gzette wrote:Holy shit a president who doesn't cut education funding! Thanks Obama!

LOL, try googling Education spending under GW Bush. Teachers been sucking the tit pretty hard for years now.
You should see the military budget for the past 60+ years.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

As I recall the increase in spending was about $4-5 billion short of the increase required to fully fund the NCLB policy...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Obama knows that what's really important in life is just around the corner: FOOBAW!!! WOOOOOO
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Metanis wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Spending $$ on education is a good thing! yay obama!
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You're going to love this Ad from Dan Quayle's son regarding Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0tHB-AwYg

lol

The Quayle family needs to stay away from politics!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

LOL jesus christ...
Making Danny boy VP was the smartest thing Bush 1 ever did. It guarenteed that no one would ever assasinate him and his sheer idiocy diverted so much attention from the shady shit going on at that time. Seriously, this guy was like the Anti-Cheney.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

You should have loved Quayle.....he basically gave Clinton an easy path to the White House.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

No, that would be the broken "No new taxes" pledge and the whole botched ending of the first Gulf War. Quayle was just a nice distraction for the Daily Show of the time (Not Nessecarily the News).
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:You should have loved Quayle.....he basically gave Clinton an easy path to the White House.
Ross Perot and BushV1 had more to do with that than Quayle.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Aabidano wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:You should have loved Quayle.....he basically gave Clinton an easy path to the White House.
Ross Perot and BushV1 had more to do with that than Quayle.
Quayle was a tiny distraction to the real issues in '92. I don't know a single person that cared about Quayle. They did care about Bush Sr. violating his word and allowing a tax increase to occur. And they cared about Ross and his charts detailing the direction of the national debt. (Amazingly, I just googled "ross perot's charts" and imagine my surprise to learn there is an active organization at http://perotcharts.com even to this day!)

1992 seems a golden era in retrospect. Even Billy Bob Clinton seems quaint in hindsight, he only lied about sex - Obama lies about everything.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Where are Obama's economic advisers? All gone!

This guy is a total waste.

Obama is no help to his fellow Democrats:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/22/ ... tml?hpt=C2
That was then. This is now, and like some other Democrats around the country, Nye is running from Obama as fast as he can. The congressman stresses to me again and again his "independent approach," eagerly distancing himself from Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

He voted against the president's health care reform bill and seems hardly interested in having Obama come here to stump on his behalf, brushing off any suggestion of a visit by saying, "He does his own schedule."

Rep. Glenn Nye, D-Virginia, appeared with Obama four times in 2008. Now he's distancing himself from the president.

But when I gently remind Nye he appeared together with Obama at no less than four campaign events in this district in 2008, the congressman is quick to clarify the circumstances. "I didn't have him here," said Nye. "He came here to see me."
Great president!
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Winnow wrote:
Great president!
It's all Bush's fault.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Metanis wrote:It's all Bush's fault.
You'll be able to use this line and be correct no matter who else is in office for at least the next 10-15 years. The negative impact from Bush's presidency is simply astounding and will haunt this country for decades.

The next Republican President will blame it on Obama, but the problem will always start with the Bush Administration. Everyone after that, Republicans included, will just be trying to hold things together and clean up the mess as best as they can.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/24/ ... l?hpt=Sbin
With little more than a month to go before the midterm elections, President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit an all-time low.

Only 42 percent of Americans now approve of how Obama's handling his job as president, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll. Fifty-four percent disapprove of his performance.

The figures represent a new low-water mark in the CNN/ORC poll for the president, who, almost two years into his term, continues to wrestle with public worries over a sluggish economy and exhaustion with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Congressional Democrats aren't faring much better. They now face a nine-point deficit when likely voters are asked which party they'll back in November, according to the poll.

Top non-partisan political analysts have given the Republicans a serious shot at picking up the 39 seats necessary to recapture the House of Representatives.

A solid majority of all Americans -- 56 percent -- say that Obama has fallen short of their expectations. As a result, the president is not in a position to help struggling Democratic candidates; only 37 percent of likely voters say they are more likely to vote for a congressional candidate backed by Obama.

Even the people who blamed Bush think Obama sucks now.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I think any president who inherited a country in as bad shape as the US and who was faced with relentless wedge politics attacks from the opposition would have a pretty low approval rating.

It's unfortunate that the Republicans seem to not want to compromise on anything... turning everything into a black and white issue and cock blocking Obama at every juncture.
I bet a lot more could have been accomplished if your politicians were more interested in governing than fighting like schoolchildren.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Did we switch to talking about Canadian government? Why do we need your faulty opinion when you really have no idea how this country works?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

As a matter of reference, Bush did not ever drop below 50% in the entirety of his first term. If it was not for the war, I do not think it ever would have. Obama took a bad situation and miraculously made it so bad that Mass elected a GOP representative.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Did we switch to talking about Canadian government?
Is that your default moronic response to any of my posts?
I must be talking about Canadian politics because I'm not American and not entitled to have an opinion on American politics? :roll:

Seriously man, my last post was probably the least inflammatory/trolling post I've ever made in this forum.. I have no fucking idea why you got your panties in a bunch about it. Why are you so defensive?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You don't live here, you have no idea what the real life of a typical U.S. citizen is any more than we do a Canadian. If we believed everything we see in the internet and news that relates to Canada, we would be viewing you as either French speaking liberal twats or flannel clad bearded lumberjacks swilling Molson.

If you did not grow up here and spend 25+ years watching the country change, then I really could give two shits about your opinion. Did you foreigners ever wonder why no one bothers making a running commentary on the politics of your countries?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yea because American and Candian cultures are so fucking different.

As an aside, I did live in the US for 5 years (in my 20s) but not in a rustbelt shithole like you.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I think any president who inherited a country in as bad shape as the US and who was faced with relentless wedge politics attacks from the opposition would have a pretty low approval rating.

It's unfortunate that the Republicans seem to not want to compromise on anything... turning everything into a black and white issue and cock blocking Obama at every juncture.

I bet a lot more could have been accomplished if your politicians were more interested in governing than fighting like schoolchildren.

(Posted by a 100% pure US American!)
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Aslanna wrote:(Posted by a 100% pure US American!)
Lies. I know the truth.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote: As an aside, I did live in the US for 5 years (in my 20s) but not in a rustbelt shithole like you.

Felt great to live below the 49th parallel and get away from the frozen tundra eh?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Aslanna wrote:It's unfortunate that the Republicans seem to not want to compromise on anything... turning everything into a black and white issue and cock blocking Obama at every juncture.
I think it's been well enough publicized\obvious enough that the high turnover of seats I was expecting to happen probably won't. The democrats seem perfectly happy to cock block themselves anyway, so it's not like anything different will happen regardless.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

It sure would be nice to see the Rationalist Party get this ball rolling.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:Yea because American and Candian cultures are so fucking different.

As an aside, I did live in the US for 5 years (in my 20s) but not in a rustbelt shithole like you.
They are different. Massively different. Your 5 years in a non-rustbelt shithole gives you zero real insight.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Have you ever even been outside of the US?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yup...to Canada.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Except for Quebec Traveling to CA is like.... going to WI, MN or upstate NY.

Different yes. Massively different? Not so much.

I've never spent time in the rustbelt, I've lived or spent time pretty much everyplace else in the US...
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aabidano wrote:Except for Quebec Traveling to CA is like.... going to WI, MN or upstate NY.
The corridor along Lake Ontario , the Montreal or Vancouver areas are nothing at all like WI, MN or upstate NY.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Aabidano wrote:Except for Quebec Traveling to CA is like.... going to WI, MN or upstate NY.
The corridor along Lake Ontario , the Montreal or Vancouver areas are nothing at all like WI, MN or upstate NY.
Yeah, they're no where near as awesome!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

True, Vancouver is full of smelly hippies!
(I've never actually been there)
Last edited by Aabidano on September 28, 2010, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aabidano wrote:True, Vancouver is full of smelly hippies!
That makes it just like Oregon!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The Queen of England is also still the Queen of Canada. One major difference is this country was founded by revolting and eliminating the monarchy.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The Queen of England is also still the Queen of Canada. One major difference is this country was founded by revolting and eliminating the monarchy.
We have the Illuminati instead.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Illuminati
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The Queen of England is also still the Queen of Canada. One major difference is this country was founded by revolting and eliminating the monarchy.
Ask any Canadian under the age of 80 if they actually give a shit about the queen of England.
Most probably couldn't even tell you her name.

Canadian culture has far more in common with the US than England.

To most Canadians, going to the US is like going to another area of Canada... except their money is all green.
Going to England is like... completely foreign. England is less like Canada than Spain or Germany.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Queen of England?

Obama's stupid gift to her (Ipod of his speeches) has to rank up there as one of the most clueless acts in history. An early sign that Obama was a doofus.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Almost positive it had videos/pictures of her 2007 visit to the US...not his speeches.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Trying to have a rational discussion with Metanis is probably even less pointless than trying to have one with Midnyte.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

miir wrote:
Aabidano wrote:True, Vancouver is full of smelly hippies!
That makes it just like Oregon!
Except that they give their druggies free 10 cent needles, we hold off and give them $10k\month anti-AIDS drugs instead.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Aslanna wrote:Trying to have a rational discussion with Metanis is probably even less pointless than trying to have one with Midnyte.
My post at least tried to veer back onto the thread topic by relating the Queen of England to Obama's almost cosmic cluelessness.

And follow this link to see that his IPOD gift did in fact contain recordings of the The Dufus' speeches.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... one-g.html
Uploaded onto the iPod:

* Photos from the Queen's 2007 White House State Visit
* Photos from the Queen's 2007 Jamestown, Va., Visit
* Photos from the Queen's 2007 Richmond, Va., Visit
* Video from the Queen's 1957 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen's 2007 Jamestown Visit
* Video from the Queen's 2007 Richmond Visit
* Photos from President Obama's Inauguration
* Audio of then-state senator Obama's speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and
* Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, I thought it was nice that you "forgot" to include that the majority of the content was regarding her prior visits, and instead just focused on the speeches. :roll:

Do you know what the Queen gives as gifts? Autographed photos of herself!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Do you know what Metanis gives as gifts? Genetic stupidity.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Boogahz wrote:yeah, I thought it was nice that you "forgot" to include that the majority of the content was regarding her prior visits, and instead just focused on the speeches. :roll:

Do you know what the Queen gives as gifts? Autographed photos of herself!
I give the same thing to all my family at Christmas.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, I am thinking about doing that this year, but I think that it would more fun to do it in various states of undress. I would also make sure to have pictures taken of me signing my name on other pictures using one pen per letter. It would be epic.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Did we switch to talking about Canadian government? Why do we need your faulty opinion when you really have no idea how this country works?
Says Kilmoll.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Fuck me your right wing nutjobs sure are a hoot sometimes. It's like watching that overly drunk guy at a party that's shit his pants and doesn't realise why everyone is laughing at him. Then he gets angry that everyone is laughing at him. Then he starts shouting.

When he starts shouting, he sounds just like you yokels.