Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 11/17/09

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 11/17/09

Post by Funkmasterr »

So I know people come here looking for game advice, and I keep a list of all the games I am looking forward to over the course of the year and keep it up to date. I figured I would share the games I am looking forward to this year for all three consoles. I'll try to keep it up to date too, so it can be a good point of reference.

Games that are cross platform will likely be listed under the 360 header (cause that's where I'll be buying them), but I will make sure to note what other platforms they are coming out for.

When I do update it, I will add info about any other games people mention in the thread that I don't have on my list. I will be restricting it to games that either have a date set for this year, or don't have a date set but appear likely to come out this year.

----360----

F.E.A.R. 2 – 2/10/09 (PS3)

I liked the first game quite a bit. It is a solid shooter with focus on the environment and atmosphere, which is
extremely creepy and dark. There were few complaints I had about the first game, I thought the graphics could be a bit
better and on the 360, I thought the achievements were a bit too difficult, especially for the online which was kind of a
afterthought.

Both of those issues have been addressed in the sequel, the graphics are improved tenfold and the achievements seem much
more reasonable. The multiplayer also seems quite a bit more fleshed out and will probably be worth checking out.

F.E.A.R. 2 Info

Metacritic Review page

Stoked – 2/27/09

I have been looking for a good snowboarding game to play ever since I stopped playing Coolboarders back on the PS One.
The game looks very promising, there are multiple mountains that you can freely explore, all with dynamic weather and
their own challenges spread all over them.

Transition in and out of the challenges looks natural and smooth. You will see a marker coming up ahead of you and you
have a rather large window to press a button to "enter" that challenge. It seems like most of them are timed, and if you
fail to complete the challenge in the allotted time, you can press a button to start over. If you complete it, you just
continue on down the hill.

The dynamic weather looks like it will really make this game. Weather conditions will change as much as they would in the
real world, and so will the controls of the game, accordingly. If it warms up, the snow will start to melt and be kind of
sticky, if it's snowing there will be a lot of powder and carving will be easier, if it's really cold it will be icy, and
everything in between.

Stoked Info

Funk's Review

Star Ocean: The Last Hope – 2/24/09

Square-Enix (do I even need to say more?). I have been a big fan of the past games in the series, and from what I have
seen about this game so far that's not going to change with the newest installment. These games are very in depth, and
are geared at people that really like to pay attention to detail and take their time playing through a game. In past
games, I have spent 30+ hours on item creation alone.

The battles are not turn based, they are the free roaming type. You can take control of anyone you want and change freely
during battle. You can set up combos with other people in your party, and it looks like in this installment there will
even be solo combos that will be executed by timed presses of the trigger buttons. There truly is a lot of variety in how
you can approach any given fight depending on which character you are controlling.

Battles are not random, you can avoid them if you want. You also get different battle scenarios depending on how you
approach the enemy (or they approach you). Pre-emptive, surprise and ambushes being the different types of battle
scenarios (pretty standard), and they do have a big impact on how the battle plays out. There is also something new
called the sidestep. When a enemy is about to attack you, with the timed press of a button you can sidestep them, making
them rush past you and leaving their back exposed, which gives you a great attack opportunity.

One other thing that stuck out to me as really cool, particularly for a RPG, is that there is a minimap. It will show you
POI's, dungeons, people, save points, recovery points, etc.

And best of all - open space travel. I think this game is going to be amazing, and will provide a ton of hours worth of
gameplay for those that are inerested in that.

Star Ocean Info

Funk's Review

Metacritic Review page

Halo Wars 3/3/09

I played the demo for this, and while it doesn't push the genre at all I did enjoy the game. The controls could be a bit
better, but are not a major issue. The only real control problem I had was only being able to select a entire unit,
everything on the screen, or all troops. I was hoping for the ability to hold a button and drag over the troops you want
as well (the LOTR RTS game had this).

The graphics are pretty impressive for a RTS game, and the story I think will be worth following. After level completion
you are rated depending on how well you did, and there seem to be quite a good variety of achievements that require you to
do different things in each level.

I don't think you have to be a Halo fan to enjoy this one, if you like RTS games I think this will be the first one for a
console worth checking out in a while.

Halo Wars Info

Funk's Review

Resident Evil 5 - 3/13/09 (PS3)

I will say that I was looking forward to this game more before I played the demo, but I'm not going to let the demo be the
deciding factor, because of the nature of demos (not starting at the beginning, limited weapons/ammo, no custom controls,
etc).

The graphics look fantastic, the co-op will be a nice touch, and the challenge level of the game seems as though it will
definitely be on par with the rest of the series.

The one thing that concerns me is the lack of the scary elements from the other game, it's kind of what makes these games
so I hope it's not lacking/missing like it seems it might be. Without that, this will just be a clunky, slow paced third
person shooter in which you will spend most of your time running away looking for ammo.

All that being said, I still have high hopes for this game and I will be purchasing it. If you are a fan of the genre I
can't imagine you'd want to miss this one.

Resident Evil 5 Info

Guitar Hero: Metallica (PS3, Wii) – 3/29/09

It's Guitar Hero, either you like it or you don't.

I'm not a huge Metallica fan, but I do like them. The level of challenge for this game will definitely be up there, so if
you like the games and are good on expert, you will probably love this one.

I think I am most looking forward to playing Bob Seger's "Turn the Page". Love that song.

Guitar Hero: Metallica Track List

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (PS3)– 4/7/09

I never played the game for the original Xbox, but I'm keeping my eye on this one.

It comes with the original game remastered (I guess the graphics have improved considerably), and the new game. Dark
Athena is supposed to look badass. It's a stealth/FPS mix, although I guess for the first third of the game or so you
will be forced to focus mostly on being stealth, because you only have melee weapons.

There is also multiplayer, which might sound like it's just tacked on, but to be honest sounds like it might be pretty
cool. There are the typical death match modes, etc.. But there are a few that stick out, one in particular. "Pitch
Black" mode will pit everyone against each other in the dark, making you rely more on sound to hear people coming before
they are on top of you. I think this will be a good game!

Chronicles of Riddick Info

Bionic Commando 5/19/09 (PS3)

It's BIONIC COMMANDO! Nuff' said. But since that won't be enough for some people let me elaborate. You are a big badass
dude with a bionic arm, which you can use to grab ahold of pretty much anything in the environment (including enemies).

I think this game will be very similar to Lost Planet in a lot of aspects, and that's a good thing. The levels look like
they will be huge, and there will be a great mix between swinging around the ruined environments and shooting stuff.

The multiplayer I think will be awesome too. Just think about 12 people (I think that's the number for multiplayer)
swinging around the city and wreaking havoc. I couldn't be more excited for this game!

Bionic Commando Info

Fuel (PS3) – 5/26/09

Now I am not normally interested in racing games, it usually takes something out of the norm to catch my eye, and Fuel has done just that. Fuel is a massive open world racing game that is supposed to have over 5,000 square miles of area to explore. You can do all sorts of races, or make your own races. There is multiplayer with up to 16 players. Below are links to IGN and to the article Game Informer did on the game, a lot more details there. This one definitely looks to be a kick ass racing game!

Fuel Info

Fuel Game Informer Article

Prototype (PS3) - 6/9/09

Assuming this game actually ever comes out (it's been delayed for what seems like years now), it's going to be badass.

It's a open-world type game like GTA, but you are a super villian type guy with some crazy powers! They have really
focused on making the game very fluid, so for example if you are running down the road and there is a car in front of you,
you won't have to actually press a button to jump over it, just run into it and it will happen automatically.

Don't think that because of that it's dumbed down though, there are some crazy things you can pull off with the variety of
skills you can get, like taking down a helicopter out of the air (without a gun). Watch some of the videos in the link
below, it will show you better than I can explain!

Prototype Info

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits – 6/16/09 (PS3, Wii)

I was very hesitant about this game at first, cause I figured it would just be a re package with all the old songs. Turns out I was wrong! All the songs in the game will feature full band, and all of the songs from Guitar Hero 1 and 2 which were poorly charted and in some cases nearly impossible on expert have been re-charted for that reason.

This is looking to be a good buy for music game fans, some more info below.

Game Informer Preview

Guitar Hero Smash Hits Info

Wolfenstein – 7/28/09 (PS3)

The next Wolfenstein game. I haven't read a whole lot about it but considering the popularity of the game and the time that has elapsed since the last games release, I hope this game will be a good one.

Wolfenstein Info

Borderlands (PS3) 9/1/09

This game has been pushed back quite a bit, and I've really been looking forward to it. The first week of september is generally a week for big game releases so I hope this lives up to the expectations.

Think Diablo meets Mad Max. There are three playable characters, each of which is also a different class with different skills, etc. You can customize vehicles for vehicle combat, and there are supposed to be thousands of different gun/weapon parts that you can make your own customized weapons with.

There will be single player, four player co-op and online multiplayer. I really think this is going to end up being one of the awesome games of 2009.

Borderlands Info

Halo 3: ODST – 9/1/09

If you are going to buy this, you probably already know what it is so I won't go too in depth. Basically, it is a new campaign for Halo 3 that is supposed to be about 4-6 hours of gameplay. It will also come with two map packs, both of which will be partially (not all the maps) released before the game is out. From what I understand, it will also include ALL of the maps from the first two games, making the total number of maps for this game almost too high, but a must have for Halo fans for sure.

Halo 3 ODST Info

Beatles: Rock Band (PS3, Wii) – 9/9/09

Pretty explanatory. Rock Band game centered around the Beatles career, all of the tracks in the game will be master tracks and there will be a (very expensive) instrument bundle released with instruments designed after the Beatles actual instruments.

Beatles: Rock Band Info

Brutal Legend (PS3) – 10/13/09

Third person Action/Adventure game, in which your primary melee weapon is a axe and your ranged weapon is a guitar. I hate Jack Black to be honest, and he voices the main character, so I'm not sure what exactly it is that draws me to this game, but I think this might be one to keep an eye on.

Brutal Legend Info

Dragon Age Origins (PS3) – 11/3/09

I think IGN explains this better than I could:
Dragon Age: Origins is the spiritual successor to BioWare's critically acclaimed Baldur's Gate, featuring deep character customization and role-playing, morally challenging decisions, tactical party-based combat, and a wealth of gritty, mature sub-plots. It is a dark, heroic fantasy game that combines original storytelling techniques with classic role-playing challenges.

In Dragon Age, your choices change the world and affect the people around you. Certain situations, storylines, and conversation options will change drastically depending on your origin and your motivations. You choose your origin, and from that starting point, your story begins. You play through your character's early days, defining his or her background and motivation and begin to learn more about the world of Ferelden from your own distinct perspective. Your choice of origin defines how you will view the world and how it views you. Choose a sneaky, disrespected commoner and you will play a story that focuses around subtle skills and careful wordplay. Choose a noble origin and the world will be much more positive and helpful, but those jealous of your status will not be afraid to take what you have, violently if necessary.

I don't think there is any doubt that this will be a great RPG and possibly a game of the year candidate.

Dragon Age Info

Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3) – 11/17/09

Looks sweet! This one takes place quite a while after the first game, and will be set in Italy. Swimming is a new thing added to the game, and the waterways can be dove into kind of like haystacks in the first game. A lot of other tweaks too, including a more even spread of the quests across the whole area.

Assassin's Creed 2 Info

CoD Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) – 11/10/09

Sequel to Modern Warfare. Like zero info on it now other than they plan on releasing it sometime in 2009. Will update as info comes.

CoD 6 Info

----PS3----

Killzone 2 – 2/27/09

Killzone 2 is looking to be a badass FPS game for the PS3 only. I recently played through the demo and overall I was impressed, there were few flaws I noticed.

The graphics are hands down the best I have seen for any console game to date, the environments are very gritty and detailed.

The controls for the demo weren't preferable for me, you had to click the right stick to zoom in with a weapon, which I don't like. Every FPS game should use the default control scheme for Gears of war, cause it's perfect. Left trigger should be the button to zoom :(

I think the story will be entertaining enough for a FPS game, obviously it's not going to be an amazing story.

The multiplayer for this game looks awesome, it should be a high point for sure. The game seemed less slow/clunky than the controls/movement was in general for the first game, and to be honest that was my only real complaint.

If you have a PS3 and like FPS games I wouldn't miss this one!

Edit: 2/25/09 - This game is getting great reviews! 8 perfect 10 scores on metacritic, with an average of 91/100. Can't wait for this Friday!

Killzone 2 Info

Metacritic Review page

Funk's Review

Cross Edge – 5/26/09

I hadn't heard about this yet, but it sounds very interesting!
IGN.com wrote:Cross Edge is an unprecedented collaboration between five major game publishers from Japan. Nippon Ichi Software, Capcom, Namco Bandai, Gust, and Idea Factory have joined forces to create a Strategy RPG unlike any other. Cross Edge features characters and storylines from popular franchises including: Darkstalkers, Disgaea, Mana Khemia, and Spectral Souls. Cross Edge is action-packed with memorable characters, amazing items, and over-thetop battles to deliver an once-in-a-lifetime gaming experience.

Cross Edge Info

inFAMOUS – 5/26/09

A third person sandbox type game exclusive to the PS3. You can choose to be a hero or to be the anti-hero, and this is supposed to effect the story of the game. You have electrical abilities from the start of the game as your main attack I believe. If you are into sandbox type games I think this will be one to keep an eye on, although I think Prototype will be better.

InFamous Info

Demon's Souls – 10/06/09

Very challenging action RPG for the PS3, more info later.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – 10/1/09

If you have played the first game, you shouldn't even need a reason to want to buy this game on release date. If you have a PS3 and you haven't played this yet, you are truly missing out and should at very least give it a rent. I am on my fourth play through of the game and will soon have all of the trophies :D

Uncharted is a third person platformer type game. I would say it is pretty similar to Tomb Raider type games, but much better IMO. The story is great, the characters and the voice acting behind them is great. The controls are very easy to learn and work very well.

There is a good variety of scenery to see in the game and the different areas, and the graphics were the best I had seen on the PS3 until I played the Killzone 2 demo.

THe second game is suppose to improve on a few things that fell barely short in the first game, like melee combat, and a few other things. There is no doubt in my mind this will be one of best, if not the best game out for the PS3 this year.

Uncharted 2 Info

----Wii----

MadWorld – 3/10/09

A third person, extremely violent, stylistic game where you control a guy competing in a crazy television show. You have a chainsaw on your arm, and use it and many other things from the environment to brutally slaughter your enemies.

I am amazed that someone is going this direction with a Wii game, it will definitely be a first, and that alone makes it worth looking at. However, I think this might actually end up being one of the handful of must owns for the wii.

MadWorld Info

Punch Out!! – 5/18/09

A new Punch Out game! It is going to feature all the same fighters as the first game, with one new one (Disco Man or something like that), it will also feature a offline vs mode that looks kinda thrown together. You will be able to use motion controls or regular controls. I'm always game for some Punch Out!!!

This is getting great reviews around the board!

Punch Out!! Info

Game Informer Review

New Super Mario Bros – 11/15/09

New mario game! Link to my review to be added.
Last edited by Funkmasterr on March 23, 2009, 8:41 am, edited 15 times in total.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Re: Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List

Post by Kaldaur »

Mm, Dragon Age Origins.

Also, Empire: Total War is coming out in March. Should be a good one. I like the rest of your list, and it only reaffirms that I need to break down and get a console soon.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nice list, dont forget Heavy Rain for the PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtQHHwcDYgs

Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Lets not forget Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 coming this year during the holidays and the 2 new DLC packs for Fallout 3 at the end of Feb and March. The one in March allows play past the end of the game and will add levels.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kaldaur wrote:Mm, Dragon Age Origins.

Also, Empire: Total War is coming out in March. Should be a good one. I like the rest of your list, and it only reaffirms that I need to break down and get a console soon.
:D

Is Empire: Total War coming out for the consoles? If so I'll definitely add it, but I couldn't find info on that. I'm going to keep the list strictly console games because besides occasionally playing EQ2, I don't play any games on the pc :)

Kilmoll, adding CoD (even though there is like zero info on it, will update when there is more.) And I'm gonna stick to just full game releases, all the updates would get tough! I am looking forward to all of the DLC for Fallout though!
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

Bioshock 2 is due out this year!
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Nice list, some good games coming out. I don't know if it's due out in 2009 but I'm kind of excited for I Am Alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ifyRpr ... re=related
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Aren't Assassin's Creed 2 and Mass Effet 2 due out this year too?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:Aren't Assassin's Creed 2 and Mass Effet 2 due out this year too?
Wow really? I wasn't aware. The way I create my lists is usually to go through Gamestop.com's coming soon list, so if a release date hasn't been set then I would probably miss it.

I was aware those were coming this year. I'll take a look at those and the other games mentioned above and get them added if appropriate!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

AC2 is coming Fiscal 2009/2010 from Ubisoft - http://kotaku.com/5137173/assassins-cre ... om-ubisoft

Mass Effect 2 Looks to be slated for Q1 2010. http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/ ... ing-in-q4/
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 2/16/09

Post by Funkmasterr »

How do people feel about stickying this? I think it's good info to have for the forum, and plus if it's at the top it will always remind me to keep it up to date :)

Also, I was going to start adding reviews of the games too, but since the post is already so big I will just make separate threads with the reviews. I will add links here to them.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Dead island and Champions Online look good.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Good list. I will echo Fair on Dead Island. I am looking forward to that, being a zombie nut.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 3/03/09

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bump

Today I added links to my reviews for Killzone 2 and Stoked, and added info about Dead Island and Champions Online.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Re: Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 3/03/09

Post by Aardor »

Bump (i didn't see a better thread to post this in):

Resident Evil 5 just got leaked for the 360. ISOs should be all over public trackers by now. Kind of odd/funny in my opinion, since it was leaked for the 360 before the PC, when the PC takes all the heat for game pirating.

Link to the NFO: http://www.nyrpowered.net/viewnfo.php?n ... BOX360-KFC
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 3/11/09

Post by Funkmasterr »

Did my review for Halo Wars, and added a link above.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The C&C games have been pretty good for the 360. Halo Wars is pretty much just rock, scissors, paper from what I hear, which is working pretty well by simplifying things. I haven't gotten it yet but will when it drops in price. I have 2 other RTS games I need to get through first.

My friend and I have an agreement to pick a game and play it every single day, even if it's only for a little while. So far it has worked out better than I have expected and I'm slowly working my way through my gaming library. After I finish the first Gears of War, I think I'm going to do Assassin's Creed. After that wil be an RTS, probbaly Kane's Wrath.

My PC time is domintated by Dawn of War 2. That game is rocking the sales charts in both Europe and the US. It's one of the best RTS games I have ever played, and I fucking love RTS games and have played most of them.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Syenye »

A blow to colons everywhere! Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams is now just Bioshock 2.

The game will feature multiplayer, but no co-op. You play as a Big Daddy.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

haha colon:blow
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Colonblow: the musical
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Updated a lot of changes to release dates, a few of them really suck :(

-Added release date for Fuel - 5/12/09
-Changed release date for prototype (weird) - 6/16/09
-Changed release date for Brutal Legend - 10/5/09 ** This date actually got moved UP! I think that is the first time I can recall that ever happening..
-Changed release date for Two Worlds - 2/1/10 (this got pushed waaaaay back)
-Added release date for Bioshock 2!! - 10/05/09
-Changed release date for inFAMOUS - 7/1/09

And the crappiest news of the thread (while not too surprising)

-Changed release date for God of War 3 - 4/1/10
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 4/22/09

Post by Funkmasterr »

I have added some new games and updated some release dates. I have a lot of changes to make so I'm not finished yet, but will aim to be done before lunch (I should get at least some work done before lunch, lol).

One other thing to note - Titles for games that are already released will be red now, to make it easier to look through the list as it gets bigger.

Also, I want to organize the games I have listed, as there are getting to be a ton. You guys think it makes it easier to read if they are alphabetical or by date?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 3/23/09

Post by miir »

This list is invalid beacause it does not include Cross Edge.
INVALID!!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:This list is invalid beacause it does not include Cross Edge.
INVALID!!
Lies!

Updates done. Will organize (likely by release date) later on.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

$#^@^$ Cross Edge pushed back until the 26th... bastards!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:$#^@^$ Cross Edge pushed back until the 26th... bastards!
I'm thinking about picking that up, but 150+ hours of gameplay! I'll never finish it!

Edit: Made a few minor additions/changes to the dates and such above.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 5/21/09

Post by miir »

NIS games can be heavy on the grinding.
I've put in over 600 hours on Disgaea DS. :shock:
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:NIS games can be heavy on the grinding.
Holy fuck, that's insane dude!

I'm just thinking about a 150+ hour game and thinking that I still haven't finished any of these games yet:
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead
The Orange Box
GTA 4
Assault On Dark Athena
Metal Gear Solid 4
Fracture
Alone in the Dark
Jericho
Star Ocean
Stoked
Super Mario Galaxy
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Halo Wars
Vampire Rain
Splinter Cell DA 2
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:'m just thinking about a 150+ hour game and thinking that I still haven't finished any of these games yet:
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead
The Orange Box
GTA 4
Assault On Dark Athena
Metal Gear Solid 4
Fracture
Alone in the Dark
Jericho
Star Ocean
Stoked
Super Mario Galaxy
Halo Wars
Vampire Rain
Splinter Cell DA 2
Yeah, that's a lot of games to finish, but I have you beat. I'm sitting on 30+ games I need to finish. Some I haven't even played yet!

I have primary and secondary games that I try and concentrate on. For me, playing like this helps me keep my focus. Right now, Fable 2 is my primary and Paradise City is my secondary. I pick at the Rock Band / Guitar Hero games inbetween. I'm also trying to finish all the challange modes of Pac Man for the acheivements. When I finish my primary game I choose a new one. I try to spread out the game types a bit so I'm not playing the same genre all the time. I try to play my primary game every day, even if it's only 15-20 minutes.

I have a friend who owns 12 games and his gamer score is almost 10k. I own 5 times more games than him (not even counting XBL games) and I'm under 7k. That was really an eye opener for me!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Only games I've played on my PS3 in the past few weeks is Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 and (almost finished finally) Metal Gear Solid 4.

Holy fuck, that's insane dude!
Hehe, I love all Disgaea games and the DS version is the best out of all of them.
A bunch of those hours is also from leaving it running during the day and playing in 3-4 minute spurts.

Vampire Rain
You didn't actually pay money for that, did you?
What an absolutely fucking terrible game.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Vampire Rain
You didn't actually pay money for that, did you?
What an absolutely fucking terrible game.
Haha, no a friend gave it to me. I've only tried to play it a few times for a short period of time and I have found the game to be obnoxiously hard, I hardly could even get past the training missions. So I gave up.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:'m just thinking about a 150+ hour game and thinking that I still haven't finished any of these games yet:
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead
The Orange Box
GTA 4
Assault On Dark Athena
Metal Gear Solid 4
Fracture
Alone in the Dark
Jericho
Star Ocean
Stoked
Super Mario Galaxy
Halo Wars
Vampire Rain
Splinter Cell DA 2
Yeah, that's a lot of games to finish, but I have you beat. I'm sitting on 30+ games I need to finish. Some I haven't even played yet!

I have primary and secondary games that I try and concentrate on. For me, playing like this helps me keep my focus. Right now, Fable 2 is my primary and Paradise City is my secondary. I pick at the Rock Band / Guitar Hero games inbetween. I'm also trying to finish all the challange modes of Pac Man for the acheivements. When I finish my primary game I choose a new one. I try to spread out the game types a bit so I'm not playing the same genre all the time. I try to play my primary game every day, even if it's only 15-20 minutes.

I have a friend who owns 12 games and his gamer score is almost 10k. I own 5 times more games than him (not even counting XBL games) and I'm under 7k. That was really an eye opener for me!
Yeah it's craziness. That's also not including 19 (I think) downloaded games on the PS3, and a half dozen or so on the 360. I try to do the same thing to, but when I get bored I'll switch to another game.

I got to a boss on Star Ocean last night that mopped the floor with my face, twice - so I might move onto something else again for a while. I should really get the platinum trophy for killzone done, I just need a few more easy things in multiplayer.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

miir wrote:NIS games can be heavy on the grinding.
I got 2 Disgaea games for the PS2 (Hour of Darkness and Cursed Memories) but haven't played them yet and really don't know all that much about them. I've been working my way through the Ratchet and Clank series when I have some free time. Once I finish those (almost done with #3!) who knows. I've actually been thinking about picking up a PS3 just to continue the series as I really don't have an interest in any of the other PS3 games. So if I had a PS3 I'd be looking forward to the new Ratchet and Clank coming out the Fall. It would be on my list!

Not sure how someone can't have finished Left 4 Dead though unless one is going for all the Achievements. The single player mode is really fairly short. Super Mario Galaxy was pretty fun. I finished it once and was working on a second time through but got sidetracked. I probably wont get back to that but I am interested in the next SMG coming out even if it is just 'more of the same'.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Hour of Darkness > Cursed Memories

Disgaea is one of those games that is better suited for a portable like PSP and DS.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I just finished Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters a few days ago. Was quite the fun experience.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:I just finished Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters a few days ago. Was quite the fun experience.
I'm on Up Your Arsenal now. Finished it once but have to get all my Titanium bolts and skill points! Guess Deadlock is next. No Clank though. Nooooo!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Check this game out:

http://kotaku.com/5310561/trials-hd-loo ... ul-painful

What a wild looking trailer for an Xbox Live game.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:Check this game out:

http://kotaku.com/5310561/trials-hd-loo ... ul-painful

What a wild looking trailer for an Xbox Live game.
That does look cool, reminds me of PAIN kinda.

I've been slacking on this thread lately, I'll get it all up to date soon.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well not just a Xbox Live game. It's already out for the PC.

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I grabbed this game from Steam nearly a year and a half ago.
It's fun little puzzle game.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Syenye »

Bioshock 2 delayed to Fiscal Year: 2010.

edit: it needed a colon.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Assassin's Creed PSP. http://kotaku.com/5315598/the-psps-assa ... -in-action
Day 1 purchase for me.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Updated the dates and such in this list. I am creating a separate list for 2010 so all games that will be released in 2010 have been removed from this list. There are a few more updates I will make to the 2009 list as well, so people can easily look through it :)
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Funkmasterr's 2009 Game List -- Updated 11/17/09

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

I got Borderlands, Killzone 2, COD: Modern Warfare, Dragon Age Origins (but for PC) and Guitar Hero Metallica out of the games on Funkmasters list.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--