lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

The ultimate WoW boxer

Post by lmnt9 »

Damn...

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/gam ... rs/1255554

http://videogames.yahoo.com/featurescre ... 57&index=0

I mean, really. How can that be possible without using crazy macroing / bots that are illegal in game? I'd like to see a video of him actually doing it.

I box two and its fairly challenging.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Re: The ultimate WoW boxer

Post by Aardor »

There are a number of tools that are legal to use to help with multiboxing in wow, so I'm sure he uses those. As far as macro/bots (like macroquest in EQ), there are ones out there that work and generally go undetected unless your character farms honor for 2 weeks without logging off =P.

I would also like to see him in action...if he doesn't have some of the characters full macroed, I don't see any way he'll be able to control all of them in any useful manner.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

That's a gold farming setup.
It's not humanly possible to actually play the game like that.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

miir wrote:That's a gold farming setup.
It's not humanly possible to actually play the game like that.
It is NOT a farmer. its an insane person who loves WoW that much.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Portal

Hell i 3 box OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS even tryed 5 boxing shammys.. its actually fun~
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

I can see how it would be easy to box given the same character class with all the various tools - but when I think of boxing - I think of playing two different characters at the same time. I don't see the fun in running around with two of the same toon, other than doubling output.

I'd even go as far as to say that using two of the same class connected using those addons/hardware is not "boxing" - its more along the lines of "mirroring".

When I say I box two characters, I mean I have two complimenting characters that I try to play as effectively as possible using two separate machines with no extra software.

I think that's how most people did it in the past - with maybe some extra keypads and hotkeys.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

I use to raid as 4-6 Clerics on nights we couldn't muster a full healing force for the raids, but it was always on 4 to 6 different machines and I enjoyed it immensely. This new perversion on multi-boxing just seems like cheating to me.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

sarlen wrote:I use to raid as 4-6 Clerics on nights we couldn't muster a full healing force for the raids, but it was always on 4 to 6 different machines and I enjoyed it immensely. This new perversion on multi-boxing just seems like cheating to me.

I agree. The fun of EQ boxing was that you actually had to be quick and reactive on each individual character. I boxed a paladin, cleric, and necromancer and it was a lot of fun rotating between the three and trying to utilize all of the abilities in a much more dynamic and faster paced manner.

Unfortunately WoW doesn't allow that sort of boxing, as each class has too many abilities and fights are much too interactive or fast-paced to begin with, you'd have to have some serious reaction times to pull off true WoW boxing that doesn't rely on macros or programs; at least in a raiding situation.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Pain was 2-boxing anything and a Bard in EQ1 when you still had to twist songs.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

In EQ I played up to 8 characters between 2 comps. I didn't have access to any other hardware and I'm not even sure I would have liked it. I really liked just having to alt tab to the 3-4 different characters I'd be playing, part of the fun was remembering exactly which order the tabs of characters were on either my desktop or laptop. Thing is, boxing in EQ was not much of a challenge imo. Almost every DPS/Tank/Healer was a lot of nothing (medding, long cast nukes or auto attack) and occasionally casting a big heal (CH). So maybe I missed a few Flying Kicks or something, it really wasn't a big deal. Threat came from procs off the warriors weapons, I knew exactly what mobs were inc and which were getting mez'd, I don't know, it just seemed so god damn easy to play that playing that many characters is what made it fun near the end.

In WoW and you have much more spammed abilities that require you to be pushing them or your DPS or threat drops significantly (I usually play Rogue, S. Priest or Prot War and have played a Lock and Hunter). Boxing 5 shaman or 40,000 of the same character isn't all that impressive to me since it's more or less all keybindings the same with key press replicated across all the accounts which are on AF. Some set ups have separate inputs (keyboard and mouse) for the different accounts but I imagine that shit is all just key press replicated.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Boogahz wrote:Pain was 2-boxing anything and a Bard in EQ1 when you still had to twist songs.
/sigh - I miss Bards.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Psyloche wrote: Boxing 5 shaman or 40,000 of the same character isn't all that impressive to me since it's more or less all keybindings the same with key press replicated across all the accounts which are on AF. Some set ups have separate inputs (keyboard and mouse) for the different accounts but I imagine that shit is all just key press replicated.
It is pretty funny when you get blown up by 5 chain lightnings at the same time, from people named obeada, obeadb, obeadc, etc.