haha @ boog and bayern

What do you think about the sports world?
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

haha @ boog and bayern

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

2 in a row, mwahaha
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: haha @ boog and bayern

Post by Boogahz »

I know :( Didn't get to see today's game, but they looked out of sync last week. They've had a slow start this year, and I just hope it improves...
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

There isn't a team in the Bundesliga that wouldn't sell their collective soul for Podolski, yet he's a second stringer at Bayern. And what happens? He scores the two goals in their 5-2 defeat. Kaiser Franz RAUS!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:There isn't a team in the Bundesliga that wouldn't sell their collective soul for Podolski, yet he's a second stringer at Bayern. And what happens? He scores the two goals in their 5-2 defeat. Kaiser Franz RAUS!
no shit, he should have replaced Klose last Spring as a starter. Klose is good, but he seems to be afraid to actually play when Luca Toni is in the game.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

and at half time, they're down 0-1 at home against Lyon - Klinsmann will be in trouble.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Just saw that it was an Own-Goal too ><

gogo midfielder Ze Roberto for the equalizer!

I enjoy being able to get the live-ticker at http://www.bundesliga.de/de/index.php

They are still in the Group stage so they don't have to worry about the Home-Away aggregate until later stages, correct? That is where an own goal at home would really hurt!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Boogahz wrote:I enjoy being able to get the live-ticker at http://www.bundesliga.de/de/index.php
That site is all like in french or some other stupid foreign language.

Die offizielle Webseite
What the fuck does that even mean?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

:lol:

It is cool looking at the difference between the English and German sites. There seems to be a lot that gets lost in translation between the two :P
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

A Bayern form check

Jürgen Klinsmann team selection was a surprise as FC Bayern took on Lyon in the Champions League. The game ended in a 1:1 draw.

Coach Jürgen Klinsmann stuck to his guns and switched his team round again. There were four changes from the side that played Hannover 96.

He paired two Brazilians - Breno and Lucio - in central defence. Martin Demichelis moved into the defensive midfield and Franck Ribery played from the start. Here's our asessment of how individuals performed.

Michael Rensing
Had no chance with the Demichelis own goal.
Saved the all three on-target shots he faced.

Massimo Oddo
The experienced Italian missed his target with 40% of his first half passes. Eight out of 20 went to an opponent.
He had two shots on goal, the only defender on either side to do that.

Lucio
Accurate passing. 88% of his passes found a Bayern man..
By far the strongest one-on-one player, winning 92% of direct ball challenges.

Breno
The young Brazilian won only one of his seven tackles, the lowest of any player on the pitch..
His passing was the most accurate of any player with 90% going to a team mate. .

Philipp Lahm
The left-side defender was Bayern's second busiest player in the first half with 56 ball contacts.
Lahm won only two of five tackles - below par for him.

Bastian Schweinsteiger
"Schweini" was secure in his passing. Only two of his 25 layoffs missed their target.
No Bayern player laid on more shots at goal.

Martin Demichelis
His 25th minute own goal tarnished an otherwise solid first half performance which saw win three quarters of his tackles.
His 110 ball contacts made him the game busiest player.

Zé Roberto
More than 95% of his passes found thier target, making him the most accurate player on the pitch.
He was the only man to put the ball in the net on purpose. It was his first goal of the season in competition.

Franck Ribery
The Frenchman was the most active man on the pitch in the first half with 57 ball contacts.
With 109 ball contacts in all, four shots at goal and two assists, Ribery played well until he was replaced in the 82nd minute.

Miroslav Klose
No shots on goal, no assists and only 12 ball contacts in the first half. No shots in the second half either and only 18 ball contacts.
He did supply the perfect cross for Ze Roberto's equaliser.

Luca Toni
Toni won five out of eight challenges with the ball in the first half and fired three shots.
He was fouled eight times, the most of any player..
His passing was uncertain with only seven out of 24 lay offs going to a team mate.
Toni had seven attemtps on goal, more than any other player on either side.

Tim Borowski
Came on for Ribery in the 82nd, but made no major contribution in the game's dying minutes
The bold section is why Poldi should be playing instead of Klose. Those stats have been pretty much the norm for Klose for Bayern since late-Fall last year.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

from FIFA.com
2 wins, two draws and two defeats from their opening six matches in season 2008/09 adds up to the worst start Bayern Munich have made to a Bundesliga campaign in 31 years. Not since the Bavarian giants returned from their summer break in 1977 to stutter to one victory, three draws and two losses have they faced such an uphill task to claim the domestic title, and, as the older among their disgruntled fans will recall, that particular season ended with Bayern in 12th position. A repeat remains highly unlikely, of course, but there is no question that Jurgen Klinsmann is already under huge pressure to haul the reigning champions out of the mid-table mire in which they find themselves. As director of football Uli Hoeness put it: "Things can't go on like this at Bayern!"
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

*sigh* at least they got ONE point...wtf is up with giving up two goals that late :(
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Top of their group in the Champions League. Lower half of the Bundesliga. I missed last weekend's game since it was aired here at the same time as the Texas-Mizzou football game, but I heard that Klose actually pulled off the late goal for the win. 3 points will help, but they need to steal some points from better teams!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Three wins in 8 days!

Saturday's game against Wolfsburg started with me thinking they might drop another after some spotty defending and a bad call (from the replays I saw) for a penalty against FCB. They're back up to 5th in the Bundesliga. At least the losses came early, which makes climbing back up "easier."
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

gah Demichelis own goal v Frankfurt!

Okay, I am going to have to catch this on GolTV when I get home. I was listening to the Liga-radio while doing paperwork, and I had to leave my headset for a few minutes. I came back to Bayern having 3 more yellow cards :shock: what the heck happened? lol

2:1 win...4 wins in a row. FCB is on a roll!

btw, where o' where did Drolgin go?
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

right here.

Good thing Franck Ribery is back from injury, or you'd still be fucked!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

This thread probably would have been better off as a PM.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Yay, now that Bayern has been winning again, they get one of the live spots on GolTV!

Sunday
11:00 am eastern LIVE Bundesliga - Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Schalke 04 is one of the teams that Bayern really needs to steal 3 points from!
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Spang wrote:This thread probably would have been better off as a PM.
This post probably would have been better off never made.

(f bayern)
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

If it weren't for you, Boogahz would be talking to himself!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I talk to myself anyhow :P
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:
Spang wrote:This thread probably would have been better off as a PM.
This post probably would have been better off never made.

(f bayern)

yeah, they turned things around shortly after it was made!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/n ... 7bcb28fc2c
Landon in on loan?
FCB to seek Donovan deal with MLS

On Thursday afternoon, Landon Donovan completed his ten-day spell as a guest with Bayern. After his club Los Angeles Galaxy were knocked out of the Major League Soccer (MLS) play-offs, the USA international accepted an invitation from FCB coach Jürgen Klinsmann to keep fit by working out with the German champions’ senior squad. “It’s a great opportunity for me to see how the game’s played here,” Donovan commented on his arrival in Munich early last week.

The 26-year-old is scheduled to return to the USA on Friday morning to attend the MLS Cup final, where he will be presented with the US Player of the Year Award for the fifth time in total. However, Landon could soon be airborne again after that – on his way back to Munich.

“He’s made an excellent impression here, so we’ve agreed to open talks with the MLS about a loan spell starting on 1 January 2009,” Klinsmann announced prior to training on Thursday. “He has a verbal agreement with the league allowing him to play in Europe for two and a half months, just like David Beckham,” Klinsmann continued. The veteran England international, Donovan’s team-mate at Galaxy, has joined top Italian outfit AC Milan on loan until the start of the new MLS season in late March.

Klinsmann hopes Donovan may be able to stay in Bavaria beyond the initial loan period. “Obviously, our goal is to see if we can call on him for longer, at least until the end of our season,” the coach said. That will all depend on the talks the FCB board are set to open with the MLS authorities. Players are contracted to the league rather than individual clubs in the US.
Klinsmann hopes Donovan may be able to stay in Bavaria beyond the initial loan period. “Obviously, our goal is to see if we can call on him for longer, at least until the end of our season,” the coach said. That will all depend on the talks the FCB board are set to open with the MLS authorities. Players are contracted to the league rather than individual clubs in the US.
I am torn on this one. Some coworkers and I have been talking about this since I first read about him training at Bayern on their site, and we went back and forth on whether he could "hang" at this level of play after his previous stint in his teens at Bayer. Donovan to FCB could be some very good exposure for up-and-coming US footballers as long as he is actually getting playing time, but there are already three "choice" strikers in Klose, Toni, and Podolski there. Rumors are still circulating about Podolski leaving for England sometime in the near future instead of moving into the starting lineup, but I really think he is a more complete striker than Klose has shown himself to be in the last year.

The updates on Donovan's performance in practice at Bayern have shown him playing at the right level, and I hope that at least a loan deal will be accepted by MLS for him to really prove that he is capable to compete in the Bundesliga now. Taking his level of talent away from MLS will, I hope, help get more of the American youth players to push themselves to play at a higher level. Yes, there are some good US players already in Europe, but not "quite" as high profile as the 5 time MLS player of the year...hell, one of them, Michael Bradley, scored the damned equalizer last weekend against Bayern when they played Monchengladbach :(

btw, I feel the need to cross post this with the Beck's to LA thread since it is "kind of" related, and everyone thinks I am talking to myself here!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

no clue if this will show up, but Oddo totally deserves his suspension for the foul in this pic:

Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

The UEFA are such fucking pussies. Rooney trampled a prone AAB defender on the chest in Man U's game against them, he did a Roy Keane-esque tackle on another guy and the UEFA don't react. It was obvious from the video footage, but I guess he's sacrosanct. Jackasses.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:The UEFA are such fucking pussies. Rooney trampled a prone AAB defender on the chest in Man U's game against them, he did a Roy Keane-esque tackle on another guy and the UEFA don't react. It was obvious from the video footage, but I guess he's sacrosanct. Jackasses.
I missed the game, but I read several stories about it from Goal.com, FIFA.com, and Kicker.de. It sounded like he was going to be gone for a few games too. It is just business as usual for him.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/n ... /19312.php

Klinsmann is out!
Heynckes and Gerland appointed
Bayern part company with Jürgen Klinsmann

FC Bayern Munich directors Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Uli Hoeneß and Karl Hopfner have this morning personally informed Jürgen Klinsmann of the board’s decision to relieve him of his duties as head coach with immediate effect. This also applies to assistant coaches Martin Vasquez and Nick Theslof.

In the light of recent results, the board is concerned that the club may not achieve its minimum targets for the season, and has accordingly resolved to take appropriate action.

The board would like to thank Jürgen Klinsmann and his coaching team for their work at the club, and wishes them the very best for the future.

The FC Bayern Munich board of directors has appointed Jupp Heynckes as head coach and Hermann Gerland as his assistant, to take charge of the first team until the end of the season.

Jupp Heynckes and Hermann Gerland will supervise first-team training from tomorrow, Tuesday 27 April.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-engli ... -them.html

I found this article rather funny about how some players can't even be given away because of their bloated salaries. It would be nice to see some of the fat trimmed, especially Luca Toni. Hopefully Ribery is willing and able to stay though!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/87/germa ... o-reserves

woohoo!
Bayern Munich Star Luca Toni Relegated To Reserves
The Italian hitman could be on his way out of Germany.
Jul 22, 2009 1:11:11 PM

The future of Italian international Luca Toni at German giants Bayern Munich is seriously in doubt after the attacker was demoted to the Bundesliga side's reserve team.

Toni has only just returned to training action after his Confederations Cup action with Italy, and head coach Louis van Gaal was far from happy with the striker's fitness. Therefore, Van Gaal opted to sent Toni to the reserves.

The striker appeared to be on his way out of the Allianz Arena after the Bavarians signed Mario Gomez from Stuttgart for €30 million earlier this summer. Wolfsburg, Fenerbahce, Milan and Tottenham Hotspur were all keen to add Toni to their squad.

However, the former Fiorentina star chose to fight for his place instead and stayed at Bayern. His intentions of impressing Van Gaal didn't exactly start well though, and it remains to be seen whether Toni will accept training with the reserves.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPc1CYFUNrc

Should be nice to finally see Ribery and Robben on the field at the same time this weekend. Now, if Ribery could only stay healthy for more than a week at a time...
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Holy crap, I didn't see Bayern being able to come back against Manchester United today!

2-1 at home in stoppage time!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Olic hat trick at Lyon puts Bayern into the Champion's League Final! Now, will it be Inter or Barca?
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Grats on the win. I can't believe Lyon got that far to begin with but wins are wins. Ribery is going to miss the final though so best of luck
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

At this point, Ribery has basically missed most of this season with various injuries anyhow. The red card suspension was deserved. I can't see him commanding the huge buyouts that were rumored last season right now. He's good, but only when he's actually on the pitch.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Another slow start to the season. Several injuries with Ribery out (again) and Robben still out after the World Cup. Wins in their Champions League games will help Bayern survive longer, but I must say that they got very lucky on the group draw. Could have been much worse, like Group G with Inter, Ajax, and Real Madrid...oh, and poor Auxerre.

Hoping that van Gaal was right about being able to turn things around before the end of the first half of the season. Getting everyone healthy at once seems to be a possibility, even if Ribery only lasts a couple weeks before going down again.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

ugh, and now losing 0-2 to Dortmund. Everybody is playing like crap.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

You know you're playing poorly when the coach cancels the team trip to Oktoberfest and makes them train instead!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Coming up on the mid-point of the season, and Bayern pulling off another great comeback into the top-third so far. They were just above the relegation spots until Mario Gomez started tearing up the goals. 15 so far, counting today's hat trick against his former club. Hope to see Robben back in playing form soon too!

Now they face Inter Milan in the Champion's League...rematch of last year's finals.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

ah, so nice when Robben is in the game.

Absolutely awesome low pass to him from midfield left to the top of the box on the right from Mueller for the first goal, and then he draws all of the defense to himself as he sets up the second goal.

1:30 in for the 1st goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrKxOGBc5AA
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Someone needs to trip a few Borussia Dortmund players if they pass them on the street! j/k but still.... 20 games played and they already have 50 points.
  • Pos. Team Pl W D L GF GA +/- Pts
    1 Borussia Dortmund 20 16 2 2 46 12 34 50
    2 Bayer Leverkusen 20 11 6 3 41 29 12 39
    3 Bayern München 20 10 6 4 40 23 17 36
    4 FSV Mainz 05 20 12 0 8 31 21 10 36
    5 Hannover 96 20 11 1 8 28 30 -2 34
    6 SC Freiburg 20 10 3 7 29 28 1 33
    7 Hamburger SV 20 9 3 8 29 30 -1 30
    8 Hoffenheim 20 7 8 5 36 26 10 29
    9 Eintracht Frankfurt 20 8 2 10 24 26 -2 26
    10 1. FC Nürnberg 20 7 5 8 25 30 -5 26
    11 Schalke 04 20 7 4 9 26 26 0 25
    12 VfL Wolfsburg 20 5 8 7 26 29 -3 23
    13 1. FC Kaiserslautern 20 6 4 10 29 34 -5 22
    14 FC St.Pauli 20 6 4 10 23 34 -11 22
    15 Werder Bremen 20 6 4 10 26 42 -16 22
    16 1. FC Köln 20 5 4 11 22 37 -15 19
    17 VfB Stuttgart 20 4 4 12 34 37 -3 16
    18 Borussia Mönchengladbach 20 4 4 12 29 50 -21 16
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

van Gaal really is/has nuts!

According to former Bayern Munich striker Luca Toni, coach Louis van Gaal used to prove he had the 'equipment' necessary to impose his iron will on the team by dropping his trousers to players and exposing himself. While attempting to show that he clearly had the balls to do what he wanted, van Gaal has only enhanced his growing reputation as a trainer who is clearly nuts.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

deja vu all over again!

Ribery and Robben may both miss the season opener due to injuries again. They are relatively minor this time though, just coming at a bad time during pre-season matches.

Speaking of pre-season, the Audi Cup was really a fun touney to watch. Good teams all around. I think that the SC Internacional out of Brazil was one of the better teams out there. Barca was Barca, but without some of the nice "snap" in the ball control which is normal in events like this. It gave all of the teams some good opportunities to get some of the people that might be fighting for a starting eleven spot a chance to show what they could do against some really good competition.

I was very impressed with the young Japanese player that just joined Bayern on loan, Takashi Usami (only 19 years old!). He showed some good moves and seemed to draw some respect from the Barca defense yesterday. Could grow into a good backup for Ribery/Robben on the wings.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Champion's League qualification games completed, and the group draws are out. Should be interesting to see how Group A turns out!
GROUP A
Bayern Munich
Villarreal
Manchester City
Napoli

GROUP B
Internazionale
CSKA Moscow
Lille
Trabzonspor

GROUP C
Manchester United
Benfica
FC Basel
Otelul Galati

GROUP D
Real Madrid
Lyon
Ajax
Dinamo Zagreb

GROUP E
Chelsea
Valencia
Bayer Leverkusen
Genk

GROUP F
Arsenal
Marseille
Olympiacos
Borussia Dortmund

GROUP G
Porto
Shakhtar Donetsk
Zenit St Petersburg
APOEL

GROUP H
Barcelona
AC Milan
BATE Borisov
Viktoria Plzen
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Hey Boog, do you have kids that play the game?
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

No kids for me. I used to play before basketball took up all of my time, but I have always been interested in the game. I used to play in what our coach called the "Monster" position, which was really just central defense.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Boogahz wrote:No kids for me. I used to play before basketball took up all of my time, but I have always been interested in the game. I used to play in what our coach called the "Monster" position, which was really just central defense.
I played Central defense for about 28 years, from 5 through the age of about 33 when my legs gave out. I now coach underprivileged girls in my area and have them bumping up near the top 50 teams in our age group in So Cal. I just wondered. It is nice when someone who understands the game teaches it, as opposed to the mom or dad yelling SEND IT..
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Tyek wrote:
Boogahz wrote:No kids for me. I used to play before basketball took up all of my time, but I have always been interested in the game. I used to play in what our coach called the "Monster" position, which was really just central defense.
I played Central defense for about 28 years, from 5 through the age of about 33 when my legs gave out. I now coach underprivileged girls in my area and have them bumping up near the top 50 teams in our age group in So Cal. I just wondered. It is nice when someone who understands the game teaches it, as opposed to the mom or dad yelling SEND IT..
Always fun with parents who interfere after you've spent 4 months trying to teach the little monsters to stay (relatively) in their lanes... Argh.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I love the flow of a good game, and I think a lot of that came from practicing with the soccer team at my High School. The coach taught a lot of one-touch passing and crossing tactics. I think it has helped me to really watch for openings in games that I watch. I think that at least half of our basketball team was also on the soccer team!

I'm still working on getting my sister to let my nephew (5 now) get more exposure to soccer. He's been in basketball for the last two seasons. Parents at those games are probably just as bad. I don't remember any of that nonsense from when I played in various leagues growing up.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Boogahz wrote:I love the flow of a good game, and I think a lot of that came from practicing with the soccer team at my High School. The coach taught a lot of one-touch passing and crossing tactics. I think it has helped me to really watch for openings in games that I watch. I think that at least half of our basketball team was also on the soccer team!

I'm still working on getting my sister to let my nephew (5 now) get more exposure to soccer. He's been in basketball for the last two seasons. Parents at those games are probably just as bad. I don't remember any of that nonsense from when I played in various leagues growing up.

I played in the coaches game this weekend. First game since the 3 ankle surgeries. Only the 2nd game I have played in about 7 years with all my surgeries. I did not start because I was late since I was coaching our team to another tournament title, but I got there, watched a young 21 year old kid torch our "old" team of coaches for 2 goals in 15 minutes. I entered the game and decided to move myself to cover him. Over the next half hour he got nothing...I was actually very surprised myself. I stopped two 3 on 1 breaks on my side, even got the crowd cheering over them...what a joy to be back on the field again. I played on and off the rest of the game depending on the nerve, but it is amazing how quickly the game came back to me and how comfortable I was on the firld. Sorry for the derail, but after all I have been through it was great to be back. I was even invited to join a team. Not sure I could do it every week, but may do some filling in.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Goal differential is just sick after 9 games played. VERY big improvement in defending this year.

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

15 shots on goal to Nuremberg's six and 72 per cent of the ball reflected Bayern's dominance. They may have covered just 108.7 kilometres collectively (compared to their visitors' 116.9km), but the difference was the quality. While Nuremberg completed just 139 passes throughout the course of the match, Bayern knitted together an astonishing 691. No wonder the away side did so much running.
I almost felt bad for Nuremberg while watching this game a couple weekends ago. The difference in pass completion was just huge, and sometimes comical to watch.