Guess it is Bar Time Sunday.... (AGAIN)

What do you think about the sports world?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Guess it is Bar Time Sunday.... (AGAIN)

Post by Canelek »

A quick gripe....

First off, fuck Comcast.
Second off, fuck this region.

Sunday's lineup is out, and once again, there is another shit game on. Last week was Seattle v (someone). This week, it is shitty Ohio team v shitty Ohio team.

At least I understand the Seattle bit... fucking retards around here are all Seattle fans, even though the cocksucking city is 4 hours north. Of course, they go homer with Chokeland and San Fran as well.... you know...local...like West Coast.

This is fucking retarded.

NBC has it right with the flex scheduling. Fox and CBS need to pull their heads out of their asses and make with the entertaining football. 0-3 vs. 0-3 is not entertaining. The Packers and Jets are not entertaining. New Englad is not entertaining anymore.

Blargh!
en kærlighed småkager
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Re: Guess it is Bar Time Sunday.... (AGAIN)

Post by Fash »

They make satellite dishes and NFL Sunday Ticket for people like you who want to pick and choose your games...

I'm a comcast subscriber, and I could care less... I'll be at the bar anyways.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

True, but Direct TV is not so great otherwise. May be worth it....will have to price it out. I realize I will not often get the games I want to see, but the lineup is pretty much ass most weeks.

The NFL is just as at fault. A perfect marriage would be to allow Comcast subscibers to get NFL Package games. Hell, I would happily PPV most weeks.
en kærlighed småkager
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket is the best!

I can watch 8 games at the same time every Sunday!

I love it!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

How much do you pay for that package?

I really do not want to go to a bar to watch the game, but I am anyway! It used to be awesome when I lived next to a sports bar where the manager was a huge Broncos fan. He would always put the Broncos game on the big screen to the dismay of the Seahawks homos. :)

I live downtown now, so that place is not a very good option. However, I am on the light rail, so there are plenty of bars to go to.... will try not to have a 10am beer though, lol.
en kærlighed småkager
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

If you want the games in HD, it's like $300 for the entire season.

You get every Sunday game that isn't broadcasted on your local stations.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Oooo, totally worth it! Given what craptastic games are broadcast locally, it would be great to see my team every week. :D Now I have to see if my location is viable for a dish (I have many trees and a rather large ridge.).

What do you do for internet? I really dig the Comcast speed... May have to just drop cable TV and keep the internet service, but would be nice to know if there is anything comparable for less than $60/mo.
en kærlighed småkager
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Charter
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Go figure.... I finally get an AFC-AFC game, alone in the 4EST time slot..... and....

CBS has no afternoon broadcast. Apparently Mountainbiking is the new rage. Foiled again!

HATE AND RAGE!

Bicycling should only be on channels that nobody has ever heard of. No offense bicylce folks, but we are talking football here.... :P
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Like ESPN8... THE OCHO!?!?!?
- Ash
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

I am going to have to disagree with you Caneleck. I would rather watch two evenly matched, yet shitty, teams go at it than a blowout any day of the week. Also, given the wacky nature of the league (go parity!), its kind of hard for the networks to even know what games are going to be competitive or interesting. What they used to do (and I wish they would do again) is drop blowouts and switch national coverage to more competitive games when this like the Seattle getting assraped by NYG happens.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower