Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Post by Zaelath »

That is such a wierd show...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I love that show, it's hilarious. Season premiere episodes were great. :)
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Sylvus is the brains, I am the looks and Gzette you be the wildcard.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

After the show I had to tell our friend Kristen she is the useless chick. :D
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Most chicks are.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

I think the following is my favorite clip of this show.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/18561/its-alw ... hes-a-bear

I laugh every time I watch that.

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Last night I found myself pondering whether this show, or Reno 911 is less humorous. Either way, they are both about as funny as Schindler's List. You people are insane.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

You've always seemed like you didn't have much of a sense of humor, but seriously?!

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:You've always seemed like you didn't have much of a sense of humor, but seriously?!
Oh I think plenty of shows/movies, etc are funny, but these shows are just plain not funny. I'm not in the minority either.. it's not like these shows have American Idol's viewer numbers.

Add The Office to that list, while you're at it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Oh I think plenty of shows/movies, etc are funny, but these shows are just plain not funny. I'm not in the minority either.. it's not like these shows have American Idol's viewer numbers.
I don't find American Idol all that funny.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Oh I think plenty of shows/movies, etc are funny, but these shows are just plain not funny. I'm not in the minority either.. it's not like these shows have American Idol's viewer numbers.
I don't find American Idol all that funny.
Really? They could shorten it to a 5 minute show and just have clips of Simon bashing the contestants and it would be one of my favorite shows, definitely funnier than the aforementioned.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

No show gets American Idol numbers, definitely no comedy.

I think Seinfeld averaged around 20 million viewers at the height of it's popularity, what did you think about that?

What about Arrested Development that got very few numbers but is almost universally-loved by all who did watch it?

Are there a couple shows that you do think are funny?

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:No show gets American Idol numbers, definitely no comedy.

I think Seinfeld averaged around 20 million viewers at the height of it's popularity, what did you think about that?

What about Arrested Development that got very few numbers but is almost universally-loved by all who did watch it?

Are there a couple shows that you do think are funny?
Seinfeld was not funny either (the concept of the show wasn't funny, so it's hard to build from that). Kramer was the only redeeming quality of this show.

I haven't seen Arrested Development so I can't comment on it.

South Park, Family Guy and Chappelle Show are a couple off the top of my head that are actually funny :)
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

what's up with the hate? so you don't like the show. others do. i think Always Sunny is one of the funniest things on TV right now. are you trolling the TV forums now?
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Gzette wrote:what's up with the hate? so you don't like the show. others do. i think Always Sunny is one of the funniest things on TV right now. are you trolling the TV forums now?
Not trolling. I'm just expressing my extreme distaste for these shows, I think they are horrible. I have just as much right as anyone else to talk about it. The thread was dead anyhow :) (probably a testament to the shows popularity.)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

So...what comedy shows or comedians do you like?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Keverian FireCry wrote:So...what comedy shows or comedians do you like?
Other than what's above, maybe Scrubs and Weeds (kind of a comedy). Not a whole lot else (that's currently on the air), and definitely not any sitcoms.

Comedians there are plenty.. Robin Williams, Dave Chappelle, Lisa Lamponelli, Bob Saget (his stand up), Lewis Black. Many more.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Eric and I have started watching Its Always Sunny... and we both love it. Glad I took someone's recommendation here to bump its priority up in my Netflix queue! It reminds me a little of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

We're finishing up season 2, so still have a bit to go to catch up. "Charlie Got Molested" I think is one of the funniest episodes we've seen, although pretty much all of them have been great.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I'm not in the minority either..
Actually you are...
Lalanae
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Only thing I don't like about IASiP is when they start shouting over/at each other. It just gets old after awhile. But other than that I usually find it entertaining. I mean really.. If someone doesn't find an episode like 'Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare' funny they have issues. The show has a lot of good quotes!

Dennis: I think that hunting a man would be the only true test of a good hunter.
Frank: Oh, yeah? I was hunted once. I just came back from Nam. I was hitching through Oregon and some cop started harassing me. Next thing you know, I had a whole army of cops chasing me through the woods. I had to take 'em all out. It was a bloodbath.
Charlie: That's Rambo, dude.

Mac: Guys, why aren't the brakes working?
Charlie: Because I cut the brakes! Wild card, bitches! Yeeeeeeee-haw!

Spin Class Instructor: First of all, I don't think you should even be here if you had a heart attack, ma'am.
Dee: Well, maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch.

Charlie: This is America! You can't just come in here and steal our land from us!
Frenkel: I’m--I’m pretty sure that’s how this country was founded in the first place!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lalanae wrote:
Actually you are...
So you're claiming that this is a wildly popular show? Don't be a moron. Typical elitist VV attitude that you have some kind of refined taste in comedy, I have no doubt.

Me being the minority here (on VV) means nothing, and you know it.

Care to back up your comment with viewer numbers that will stun me or something else of the sort? I would love to see it.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

lol
Lalanae
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lalanae wrote:lol
Indeed.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I've never seen a single episode but I found this and this.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

I guess this is just another reason to not like Funkmasterr. Thanks It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

GREEN MAN

HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I have Green man as my avatar

<------------
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Lalanae wrote:
Actually you are...
So you're claiming that this is a wildly popular show? Don't be a moron. Typical elitist VV attitude that you have some kind of refined taste in comedy, I have no doubt.

Care to back up your comment with viewer numbers that will stun me or something else of the sort? I would love to see it.
It's the 6th most popular show on hulu, which implies it is extremely popular with hulu users (it was after family guy, the office, arrested development, SNL and American Dad).

It's about to enter it's 5th season, and FX has already ordered enough episodes for 2 seasons after this one.

It is pretty much considered wildly popular. When you compare it's numbers to other shows which are not on broadcast networks (i.e. you need cable/extra cable package to pick up the show), it blows them out of the water. Comparing a comedy on an extended cable station to the most popular reality tv show, strictly in viewer numbers, is moronic.

Expressing your opinion is fine. Trying to back up your opinion with comparison that make no sense, is stupid. You got called out on it, completely ignored what Sylvus said, but replied with "i didn't think that show was funny either, so it doesn't matter." That was also stupid, and people are continuing to call you out on it. In your most recently reply, the only source of argument was ad hominem.

from nielsen ratings on season 3:
The season three premiere of FX’s sensational comedy It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia recorded 2.3 million viewers, shattering the show’s previous high of 1.7 million (the premiere of season two)..

An encore presentation on Thursday added 1.9 million viewers, raising the +7 rating to an incredible 4.2 million (3.2 million in 18-49 and 2.3 million in 18-34).

The ratings spike was likely aided by the recent release of the long awaited increase of seasons one and two on DVD.
Please, stop making things up to support your opinion in thinking this show is not funny. Do you have any actual numbers to support what you said? Or did you just make all of that up?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aw snap! You done brought facts into the argument!

I bet Funkmasterr calls you an elitist.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aardor wrote:Please, stop making things up to support your opinion in thinking this show is not funny. Do you have any actual numbers to support what you said? Or did you just make all of that up?
Not sure I'd agree with that specifically. The show is not funny to him for whatever reason. That doesn't mean the audience that watches the show feels the same. "Funny" and "Humour" are subjective.

--
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Aslanna wrote:
Aardor wrote:Please, stop making things up to support your opinion in thinking this show is not funny. Do you have any actual numbers to support what you said? Or did you just make all of that up?
Not sure I'd agree with that specifically. The show is not funny to him for whatever reason. That doesn't mean the audience that watches the show feels the same. "Funny" and "Humour" are subjective.
Hmm..Maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant was that his opinion is that the show is not funny (he seems to not like similar comedies (seinfeld)), but he should not make up facts (the show is not popular), or draw bad comparisons to explain that people agree with him (less views than american idol).
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aardor wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Lalanae wrote:
Actually you are...

It's the 6th most popular show on hulu, which implies it is extremely popular with hulu users (it was after family guy, the office, arrested development, SNL and American Dad).

It's about to enter it's 5th season, and FX has already ordered enough episodes for 2 seasons after this one.

It is pretty much considered wildly popular. When you compare it's numbers to other shows which are not on broadcast networks (i.e. you need cable/extra cable package to pick up the show), it blows them out of the water. Comparing a comedy on an extended cable station to the most popular reality tv show, strictly in viewer numbers, is moronic.

Expressing your opinion is fine. Trying to back up your opinion with comparison that make no sense, is stupid. You got called out on it, completely ignored what Sylvus said, but replied with "i didn't think that show was funny either, so it doesn't matter." That was also stupid, and people are continuing to call you out on it. In your most recently reply, the only source of argument was ad hominem.

from nielsen ratings on season 3:
The season three premiere of FX’s sensational comedy It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia recorded 2.3 million viewers, shattering the show’s previous high of 1.7 million (the premiere of season two)..

An encore presentation on Thursday added 1.9 million viewers, raising the +7 rating to an incredible 4.2 million (3.2 million in 18-49 and 2.3 million in 18-34).

The ratings spike was likely aided by the recent release of the long awaited increase of seasons one and two on DVD.
Please, stop making things up to support your opinion in thinking this show is not funny. Do you have any actual numbers to support what you said? Or did you just make all of that up?
If you would refer to my original post, I stated that I think the show is about as far from funny as you can get.

I knew what would happen because of this, because apparently I can't share an opinion of something without people coming after me about it. You would think some people here are writers of the show by their immediate reaction to run to the shows defense. I consider this a humorous and very pathetic reaction, but I'm not surprised to see it from those people.

I can't stand tv for the most part and have no idea what numbers are normal or above average, but how does it stack up against heroes, lost, seinfeld and other very popular shows.

The kind of humor in this show seems to me to be aimed at a niche audience, so people within that audience liking it means nothing.

Basically, I am sick of hearing people on vv and a few obnoxious people on my friends list on facebook rave about how shows like this, reno 911, etc are so funny when I can't find anything funny about them (besides the fact that people actually watch them) and decided to say something. Its people liking garbage sitcoms and reality tv that is wrecking tv imo, and I'm tired of it.

I know you think you scored some big hit against me with your post, especially after the moron started cheerleading for you right away, but you didn't.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Actually, I don't watch this show (i did see all of the first season), or any sitcoms, for the most part, and I have always thought Reno 911 was complete shit (minus the scene with the LARPers).
I can't stand tv for the most part and have no idea what numbers are normal or above average, but how does it stack up against heroes, lost, seinfeld and other very popular shows.
Heroes, Lost, Seinfeld were all on broadcast tv. You can't compare broadcast tv channels to extended cable tv channels, they simply can't get near the same number of viewers. For the section of cable they are in, Always Sunny is killing, and only becoming more popular.
I know you think you scored some big hit against me with your post, especially after the moron started cheerleading for you right away, but you didn't.
I don't really give a fuck what Spang thinks, actually. As far as big hits, this is a fucking internet message board, please think less of yourself.

My problem was with your discourse. You disliking sitcoms is a perfectly good explanation of why you think this show sucks. Here is quotes of the 3 posts i'm talking about.
Oh I think plenty of shows/movies, etc are funny, but these shows are just plain not funny. I'm not in the minority either.. it's not like these shows have American Idol's viewer numbers.
As I explained, you can't compare American Idols numbers to a sitcom on an extended cable channel. As far as being in the minority, minority of what? of people that like the show vs not like the show? Assuming you took the people who had no opinion out, more people are going to like the show than not like it because they keep getting extensions for the show. If you mean the majority of people alive aren't fans of the show, well, big surprise, you're right there.
Wildly popular, as explained above, is not a bad way to describe it. Then you throw in ad hominem in, without actually googling what you claim to know, even though you are incorrect.
It was backed up, did you love it? I'm not sure if you were stunned.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

My problem is the immediate reaction from the fanboys suggesting I have no sense of humor because I don't share their like for the show, and like the show is so popular that I'm the only person in the U.S. not watching it. Its obnoxious, its the same few people, I'm sick of it, and you coming to their defense is laughable to me.

Try getting the reactioni almost always get and see if you don't say a irrational thing or two. The only sad thing is these people being amused by getting that reaction out of me.

People say they don't like games all the time, but I don't press them on why and what games they like instead.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Back on topic, this show fucking sucks. I'm disappointed in Danny DeVito.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:Try getting the reactioni almost always get and see if you don't say a irrational thing or two.
Quit being a douchebag and you might not "almost always" get those reactions. Seriously.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Try getting the reactioni almost always get and see if you don't say a irrational thing or two.
Quit being a douchebag and you might not "almost always" get those reactions. Seriously.
That sure means a lot coming from someone who has contributed nothing but moronic one liners in as long as i can remember. I have been very laid back here for months and nothing has changed, so Im not sure how you think your comment holds any weight.

Me saying a show sucks is not being a douchebag. Me not having much in common with others here is not being a douchebag . You not liking me doesnt mean Im a douchebag.

Some of you need to look in the mirror.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:That sure means a lot coming from someone who has contributed nothing but moronic one liners in as long as i can remember. I have been very laid back here for months and nothing has changed, so Im not sure how you think your comment holds any weight.

Me saying a show sucks is not being a douchebag. Me not having much in common with others here is not being a douchebag . You not liking me doesnt mean Im a douchebag.
You're right. None of that makes you a douchebag. However, comparing a comedy on a cable network to American Idol, which is broadcasted on national television, is pretty fucking stupid and makes you a douchebag in this particular thread.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I give up. Lol.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Funk wrote:The kind of humor in this show seems to me to be aimed at a niche audience, so people within that audience liking it means nothing.
I thought the opposite when I first watched the show. My roommate and I have very different senses of humor, but we both were hooting at certain scenes. It's like Family Guy - random enough that anybody can watch it and laugh.

The niche they're going for are the people who have strong feelings towards idiots. That's a pretty vast niche.

What disappointed me about Arrested Development was that, after an episode full of Michael (main character) pulling strings together to make everything work, something dumb happened to wreck everything, usually as the fault of a family member. The show would have left me more satisfied if things worked out once in a while. Similarly, everything falls apart in every episode of IASiP, only you want the characters to fail because they fucking deserve it every time. A true feel-good-at-the-expense-of-idiots comedy. Seems your style, Funk.

If you think this show is wrecking tv, you need to watch more Survivor. Or Mad Money.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Funkmasterr wrote:My problem is the immediate reaction from the fanboys suggesting I have no sense of humor because I don't share their like for the show, and like the show is so popular that I'm the only person in the U.S. not watching it.
I suggested that you didn't have a sense of humor because you listed several shows that are very funny (to many people) and have been on the air for multiple seasons (so obviously a lot of people find them funny) without providing anything that you liked. The whole frame of reference was that you didn't think anything was funny. Since then, I see that you like Family Guy and Chappelle's Show, which refutes my claim.

I still think your sense of humor could use some work though, I wonder what it is about iASiP you dislike so much? If I can, I'd like to help you learn to enjoy it, as it's an absolutely hilarious show and I'd be happy to welcome you into our elite little club of Sunny Afficionados.
Funkmasterr wrote:I'm disappointed in Danny DeVito.

Disappointed in the character of Frank, DeVito's role as an Executive Producer of the show, what? Frank is one of the greatest supporting comedic characters on television today.
Funkmasterr wrote:Its people liking garbage sitcoms and reality tv that is wrecking tv imo, and I'm tired of it.
I'm not sure how you can say that and still like American Idol? I agree wholeheartedly (as do most critics and intelligent people) that reality television is wrecking tv (that said, I still have some guilty pleasures that I watch, often because there aren't a lot of choices in their timeslot), but sitcoms are a lot of what made tv great.
Funkmasterr wrote:Me saying a show sucks is not being a douchebag. Me not having much in common with others here is not being a douchebag . You not liking me doesnt mean Im a douchebag.
Joining a thread to voice a dissenting opinion isn't necessarily being a douchebag, but it's also not going to move the needle of the douchebagometer in the opposite direction either. Coming into a thread that was specifically about a number of people professing their love for a show and being condescending or insulting, saying things like "this show fucking sucks", "[it's] about as funny as Schindler's List" and "You people are insane" is in fact being a douchebag. Notice that we didn't leave this thread to chase after you and say you don't have a sense of humor. What you did was akin to walking into a bar with a bunch of motorcycles parked outside shouting "bikers are fucking queers!". What would you expect to happen?

Go Blue!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Full disclosure: I've never watched an entire episode of this show. The little bits & pieces I've seen (mostly from being exposed to a few minutes of it after Sons of Anarchy last fall), seemed mildly funny, but having not followed the show, I didn't get into it. The show flew under my radar for its first few seasons, and I really hate picking up a show this far into its run. I'm generally not that into sitcoms lately anyway, so that didn't help either. I might give it a try via hulu or netflix, though.

Funk, if you don't like the show then good for you. There are plenty of shows that I loathe but other people adore (AI is a great example). Not everyone going to like the same things, and that's fine. I think what some people are having an issue with is the manner in which you chose to argue your point, which is, unfortunately, your typical mode of exchange here. You express your disagreement, make broad statements to bolster your argument that aren't grounded in actual facts, throw in a few cutting remarks and insults and then retreat into victim mode when anyone challenges your douchebaggery or your argument. You're not a fan of the show. Fine. Leave it at that, or if you insist on discussing it more, at least stick to the subjective arguments that explain your feelings rather than trying to fabricate an argument to reinforce your feelings.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Ironically, Funk, your argument against this show is now leading some VVers to go check it out. GOGO FUNK!

DAYMAN! FIGHTER OF THE NIGHTMAN! CHAMPION OF THE SUN! YOU'RE A MASTER OF KARATE AND FRIENDSHIP FOR EVERYONE!!@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0iKzrqb ... re=related

My huntard in WoW has pets named DayMan and NightMan
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I'm disappointed in Danny DeVito.

Disappointed in the character of Frank, DeVito's role as an Executive Producer of the show, what? Frank is one of the greatest supporting comedic characters on television today.
Disappointed that he is in any way involved in this show, I've always really liked him.
Sylvus wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Its people liking garbage sitcoms and reality tv that is wrecking tv imo, and I'm tired of it.
I'm not sure how you can say that and still like American Idol? I agree wholeheartedly (as do most critics and intelligent people) that reality television is wrecking tv (that said, I still have some guilty pleasures that I watch, often because there aren't a lot of choices in their timeslot), but sitcoms are a lot of what made tv great.
I don't like American Idol, but like many reality shows I have to watch it (or at least hear it in the background while I play games on the other TV) because my girlfriend likes it. In the past there have been many sitcoms that were great, but nowadays (imo) 9/10 of them are garbage. Talk shows are all garbage now, the hosts aren't funny, which hasn't always been the case (Johnny Carson). Everything on tv is getting worse and it's pop culture that's fueling it, and I hate people for it.[/quote]
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:Funk, if you don't like the show then good for you. There are plenty of shows that I loathe but other people adore (AI is a great example). Not everyone going to like the same things, and that's fine. I think what some people are having an issue with is the manner in which you chose to argue your point, which is, unfortunately, your typical mode of exchange here. You express your disagreement, make broad statements to bolster your argument that aren't grounded in actual facts, throw in a few cutting remarks and insults and then retreat into victim mode when anyone challenges your douchebaggery or your argument. You're not a fan of the show. Fine. Leave it at that, or if you insist on discussing it more, at least stick to the subjective arguments that explain your feelings rather than trying to fabricate an argument to reinforce your feelings.
I don't know that I agree with you. I still stand by my argument, given how I viewed what was being said to me (I'm in the minority and everyone loves this show, and I have a crappy sense of humor). Now, I don't care if I'm comparing a network show to a cable show, this is not a show that EVERYONE watches, so saying I'm in the minority is still not true.

And by the way, saying I go into victim mode is silly. Can you honestly tell me any of that isn't true (if you can you're a liar).

I'll leave you guys to your thread now (all 3 of you that were discussing the show, that is.)
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Then by your standards, your classic gems like South Park and the Chappelle Show are wildly unpopular, correct? So by following such logic, your reasoning for using the shows popularity as a fine point for your dislike has just been nullified.
Fuck Michigan!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:I don't know that I agree with you. I still stand by my argument, given how I viewed what was being said to me (I'm in the minority and everyone loves this show, and I have a crappy sense of humor). Now, I don't care if I'm comparing a network show to a cable show, this is not a show that EVERYONE watches, so saying I'm in the minority is still not true.
Duh. Name one show that "EVERYONE watches". What dumb reasoning. Or logic. Or whatever you're calling that.
Funkmasterr wrote:I'll leave you guys to your thread now (all 3 of you that were discussing the show, that is.)
See ya.

--
Kithyen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer
XBL Gamertag: Kithyen

Post by Kithyen »

After watching a few episodes of this show I have to say it's one of my favorites and I can't believe I waited this long to check it out.

Although every time I watch it I get this sequence of events playing in my head. A brand spanking new english graduate is about to fulfill his dream of becoming a script writer for a major television production. He walks up to a door, gazing at the sign "It's always sunny writer's crew" and knocks on the door, smiling to himself the whole time. He has dreamt of this moment since he was in highschoool. The English major's excitement dissolves into concern as he is greeted by a disheveled looking man who appears as if he hasn't slept in four days. The man seems twitchy and keeps scratching at himself, his eyes are completely bloodshot, his pupils the size of needles. The English major says, "Hi." The disheveled man looks at him, sees that this new writer is coherent, sane, and not currently under the influence of any illegal substances and slams the door in his face.

In short I truly believe you have to be batshit crazy to get a job working on this show.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends.

Cortana
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

We were having dinner with some friends last night and they showed us the Manhunter and gasoline (Wildcard!) episodes. I thought they were both funny as fuck, and look forward to watching seasons 1-3 that we borrowed.

It is nice to have another series to watch!
en kærlighed småkager
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

It's reached syndication. I was happy to watch 2 reruns last night on Comedy Central. They left in the cussing too. yay.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there