Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

Post by Spang »

I'm going to hell.

http://www.kcra.com/cnn-news/17317479/detail.html
Teen Stabbed With Pen Dies From Wounds

WILLIAMS, Calif. -- A 13-year-old boy who was stabbed with a ballpoint pen during a fight over the weekend has died from his wounds, officials in Williams confirmed Wednesday.

Edgar Ibarra died at UC Davis Medical Center Tuesday evening, officials said.

Ibarra was allegedly in a fight with a 13-year-old neighbor, who is accused of stabbing him with a pen.

Ibarra had been hanging outside his home Friday night when the other boy, a classmate of Ibarra's at Williams Junior High School, walked by and the two exchanged words, police said.

Ibarra allegedly followed the other boy to his home near a trailer park when a fight broke out, which led to the stabbing, police said.

"It seems that he just had a pen in his hand and they started fighting and at some point during the fight he began to stab the victim," said Williams Police Chief Jim Saso.

Ibarra's family members said he was stabbed six or seven times in the chest and stumbled home.

The 13-year-old accused of the stabbing turned 13 just a day after the fight and is being held at a juvenile hall in Marysville.

Prosecutors have told KCRA 3 that they will charge the teenager accused of stabbing Ibarra with voluntary manslaughter, which is the least serious of the homicide charges.

School officials, meanwhile, said that as far as they knew the boys were friends.

Students at Williams Junior High School are receiving grief counseling, officials said.

Ibarra's brother, Juan Ibarra, said his family is in disbelief and that they will miss Edgar's comic nature.

"He was very goofy, very goofy with us," Juan Ibarra said. "(He) made us laugh every day."
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
rhyae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

Post by rhyae »

oh I thought this was going to be about Sean Connery.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

Post by Nick »

Sounds like a very unfortunate event. Pretty sad.

A stupid little schoolyard tiff resulting in the death of a kid.

A shame.

Still, if Spang gets sent to hell for coming off with "The Pen is mightier than the sword", I'm going to have to slap St Peter for having no sense of humour, just before he sends me off to atheist hell. (not that it exists) :P