For discussion about Warhammer Online.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Warhammer Online (new forum?)

Post by miir »

I know you guys like screenshots:

That's another INSTANT CAST (get it Miir? Instant cast is the way to go with BWs....that's IMMOLATION)
Fire Cages is not an Immolation skill, dumbass.

And just a FYI... 4 of the 5 skills in Coflagration tree are instant cast.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Got into some RvR last night on the side of Order, and Destruction won every time.. Played battle of ekrund about 5 times, and only once was it even close. I realized that I never got into PvP on an MMO, and I'm not used to it. I may look online for some info after all.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

More screencaps...

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote: Fire Cages is not an Immolation skill, dumbass.
Fire Cage also doesn't scale with level moron. No need to spec something that isn't going to scale.

Maybe read up on abilities before you post!

http://www.wardb.com/spell.aspx?id=8168
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Where the fuck did I say anything about scaling with level?
You're the dumbass who said about Fire Cages... "that's IMMOLATION"
I was just correcting your stupidity.

Maybe read up on abilities before you post!
Perhaps you should heed your own advice.

Hehe... yeah I guess I'm the one who doesn't know know my class.. eventhough I'm dominating the damage stat in nearly every scenario I play.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Having fun. I have someone in town this weekend so will be stuck at level 13 until Monday.

I've been working over the dwarf/greenskin maps. So far, I like the look of those areas the best.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

miir is clearly the authority on this insignificant bullshit. however, winnow retains his crown as the chief authority on shitty games that no one else ever plays enough to call him out on. i hereby proclaim you both losers!
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The reason Miir is dominatiing is because most of the WAR players come from from WOW, the Toon Town of Fantasy MMOs. Easy to throw those players around.

Need a server full of old school UO PvPers to settle things.

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I play with a very good group of people.
I can be a lot more aggressive when I know I have a competent healer backing me up.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Winnow wrote:The reason Miir is dominatiing is because most of the WAR players come from from WOW, the Toon Town of Fantasy MMOs. Easy to throw those players around.

Need a server full of old school UO PvPers to settle things.
[Show]
old school UO didn't look anything like that. get off my lawn 8)
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

If I have a runepriest running with me, I am indestructible unless the healer is taken down first. In fact, it's standard procedure to rush the healers--it was in DAoC, and it is even more so in this game. Battles take a great deal longer than they did in DAoC, what with the lack of mez tactics, so healers are a top priority in battle. If you're whacking on a tank, you're probably wrong.
Fash, RvR definitely takes awhile to get back into. As far as Order losing the scenarios, it really depends on what time of day you play, what levels are present, what scenario you're playing. I'm surprised you're losing in Gates, whenever I ran that scenario we always won, 9 times out of 10. My advice would be to get near the higher level end of the scenario, maybe 9 or 10, and then find a healer or a tank friend to run with you. Even a duo can be very successful in scenarios if they are coordinating. My dwarfen guild, Granite Guard, is number one on Ostermark right now, and we have 1/4 the membership roster than the next closest guilds do. It's all about coordination. Three people can take out six, as long as the three are smart and work together. The problem with your standard scenarios is most people don't have a lick of strategy in their brains, and just run around bashing people. You have to know what secures your team points, and then focus on doing only that task. In Gates, that's fighting on the flag. You let Destruction shoot at you from the battlements, because they are outside the cap range and that means you will secure the flag. Or, if there is a large battle going on in the mid and neither side is capping,you charge up the top and bash on a healer. Suddenly, the top battlements are focusing on you, which means no one is healing the tanks anymore. Even a suicide run such as that can have a huge effect on the turn on the battle.

God, I love RvR. This game requires a great deal of strategy. Here's another example. A friend and I (two Ironbreakers) were defending a keep, waiting for the rest of my guild to arrive. There were the two of us against an initial group of ten Destros. While they were bashing on the door, we Oathfriended each other and came around the back side. We ran around the corner, engaged a shaman, and then when he was at 1/2 health we ran back around the keep. Sure enough, about four of the Destro players came charging at us. Well, by this point, our Grudge was high enough that we were able to use Away with Ye, our punting ability. We fought with our backs to the keep, and positioned the Destro so they were in front of us. We punted two of them twenty yards away. Unfortunately for them, that meant they flew over two valleys over three hundred feet below. It takes a four minute run to return to the keep from where we booted them. We did the same to the last two after securing them in place with our Morale abilities. So all of a sudden, what was 2v10 is now 2v6. We'd already made the odds a lot more favorable before our reinforcements arrived.

That's what I love so much about this game. There are viable tactics involved, and not just mount rushing the flag to see who wins. If all this can happen at tier 2, I can't wait until tier 4.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sounds like you're having fun Kaldaur!

I'm topping out the leaderboards on the scenarios going solo without heals for the most part. When I get closer to 20 I'll be looking for a decent guild.

The punting you mentioned is great. I'm glad it doesn't kill you on high falls but what you mentioned about the time it takes to get back into the battle is the important part.

When people are chatting in a War Party during these scenarios, I at least tell them what I'm doing. You can tell that even a little communication makes a huge difference.

I've been going after healers more often lately after seeing the high HPs healed in the stats after the scenario is over. Witch Elves have a few good anti healer attacks (Kiss of Death) which have a big impact on ability to heal or be healed. I'm also learning to value my armor piercing attacks a little more now than I'm going up against the Dwarf Armies with their big time AC. It takes me over twice the time to take down a melee Dwarf compared to a squishy gun shooting dwarf.

I've got the morale attacks down now but I still wish they'd stay up just a few seconds longer. The timer doesn't seem to take throwing knives into consideration as a continuation of an attack. I guess maybe the meter only keeps going if you're getting hit?

----------------------
Fash wrote: old school UO didn't look anything like that. get off my lawn 8)

I couldn't find a screenshot of a TankMage circa 1997! Scary whenever one walked into an area and started their chanting!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fash wrote: old school UO didn't look anything like that. get off my lawn 8)
I couldn't find a screenshot of a TankMage circa 1997! Scary whenever one walked into an area and started their chanting![/quote]

Click on some of these links for some good memories:

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories1.htm

Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Bonedude and Platedude still crack me up to this day, 11 years later...

http://spla.sh/bp/first_time_files/bone3.htm
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Sylvus wrote:Bonedude and Platedude still crack me up to this day, 11 years later...

http://spla.sh/bp/first_time_files/bone3.htm
They were awesome... ever see Killed on Sight back in that day?
http://web.archive.org/web/200206071535 ... g.com/kos/
unfortunately, I could find any of the actual images that work, but I started this comic.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Great Game!

Closing in on 16.

I like the variety of stats on pieces of armor. I've focused on strength and wounds and have just under 300 points in wounds giving my Witch Elf over 3K hps at level 15. I managed to get a very high (80+ Corp and elem) resist headgear so my resistances are all around 30% to Spirit, Corp and Elem) Will be hard to keep those percentages up though moving forward.

The game is so much more complete than AoC at launch. The only bug I've encountered persistently is the "out of range" bug. Every so often I'll be point blank in melee combat and will get the "target is out of range" message. The only way I can stop this is to get some distance and throw a ranged knife attack. This seems to fix it and I can close again.

One other thing that gets to me is the lack of Travel NPCs. I've been hanging out in Troll Country and can't find a travel guy anywhere close to there. One in Ostland but the Troll Country and Talabecland zones are still grayed out for travel. I've been over most of the Destruction parts of Troll Country and can't find the travel guy. Anyone know where it is? (for Destruction) Also, is there any way to bind in the Inevitable City? Didn't see a Rally Master there. I'm bound in the Newb area for Greenskins because it's the closest I could find both a Rally Master and Flight Master together.

The other bummer is that I'm constantly queued for the Scenarios and didn't get in a single time this weekend (I had a chance to play quite a bit on Sunday). I'm hoping my server increases in population.

I downloaded the Prima Warhammer Guide off the newsgroups but it's pretty useless as a 300mb/300+ page PDF document.

These are the two sites I use for reference:

http://www.wardb.com/ (for abilities, tactics, etc)

And this one has better maps IMO with more things marked on them:

http://warhammer.gamepressure.com/

I'm in a guild now. Got invited to one semi randomly but they managed to do well in a few PQs as a small under leveled team for the areas.

Love Troll Country and fighting Trolls! (just wish there was a Flight Master somewhere I could find)

I've been fighting things 4-5 levels above me. At level 15, I can roll through the 19 and 20 trolls but the items that drop are a level too high for me.

Anyone know when you get your second career tactic slot? (20?)

Anyone manage to unlock a Tomb Tactic? I have 100 troll kill unlock. Went to the library but no tactics were available yet.

Some pics of me PWN'ing Trolls:
[Show]

Here you see me playing possum.

The Troll doesn't fall for my tactics!

A refreshing blast of Troll breath!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

One other thing that gets to me is the lack of Travel NPCs. I've been hanging out in Troll Country and can't find a travel guy anywhere close to there.
There is a flightmaster in every warcamp.
The Empire warcamp in Troll Country is right near the south border of the zone pretty close to the center.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:
One other thing that gets to me is the lack of Travel NPCs. I've been hanging out in Troll Country and can't find a travel guy anywhere close to there.
There is a flightmaster in every warcamp.
The Empire warcamp in Troll Country is right near the south border of the zone pretty close to the center.
Ah crap. There's no warcamp for Destruction in Troll Country.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Oops, forgot you're destruction....

You're gonna have to go south to Ostland.
The Chaos warcamp is just over the border, a little bit west of center. right on the border of the RvR island
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Oops, forgot you're destruction....

You're gonna have to go south to Ostland.
The Chaos warcamp is just over the border, a little bit west of center. right on the border of the RvR island

yeah, that one is a long run back to/from middle/north Troll County. I've seen some others complain about the lack of Travel in Troll Country. No biggie. I'll move over to Talabecland fairly soon but that Flight Master is located in the north. At least you can reset your bind spot with Rally Masters as you move through the PQs pretty often.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

For the first 3 tiers (10 level span) there are two zones per tier for each pairing (empire/chaos, dark/high elf, Dwarf/Green).
Each pair of zones is connected by a RvR Island.
There is one warcamp per tier for each realm.
The warcamps are located right next to the RvR islands.

So basically, one half of the tier is going to be less convenient for travel for either realm.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Are the Renown rewards any good, or should you just wait till rank 14 like I have been hearing?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aardor wrote:Are the Renown rewards any good, or should you just wait till rank 14 like I have been hearing?
No need to wait (if you mean weapons and jewelry). It's so cheap that buying something that helps won't impact your money situation.

You have to spend renown points in the tree to move up tiers. It was suggested to use your first two points to buy the +5% RvR exp boost tactic. If you're going to RvR a lot, you get a lot of EXP that way. Other than that, for WE's it's all about STR (first tier) and Weapon Skill (after you spend 20 points) with your renown (and wounds for me!)

I've gotten several blue drops just fighting mobs in Public Quests. The INF (from PQs) rewards are pretty good all the way up throuh Chap 8 so far.

As I mentioned before though, it's not cut and dry on armor upgrades. There are several similar AC armor drops with totally different stat bonuses to decide between as they drop.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

I just heard the rewards weren't any better than blues/greens you get from doing quests. I'm 18 now (I can't help but power game when i start a new mmorpg, though Monday has blown a great deal of dicks because of it), and having lots of fun. Mostly doing PQ and Scenarios as a Witch Hunter (same class as Winnow, but slightly worse).

Can already say this game is a great deal more fun/complete than AoC. I think that it will have a lasting power (unlike AoC which sold really well, but has very few subscribers now), with the large options of things to do, even if content is lacking at mid and upper levels. It certainly won't kill WoW, or even put a significant dent in it's player population, but will be more of an alternative. I have no clue what end game PVE is like, which is important for keeping part of it's population around, but hey, at least they have more than 4 battlegrounds.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

I rerolled my main as a Sorceror. I was playing a Witch Elf, but a friend started playing as a Sorc as well and I just rolled one up to join him. I enjoyed it and just stuck with it.

I hit 21 and got my first spec spell, Gloom of Night. I am full spec into Calamity for that spell.

In a scenario for level 11-21 I hit 107,000 dmg dealt with 59 kills, 35 death blows. That is my most damage ever in a tier 2 scenario.

I was about to level out (22), so I left to go check out the Orc RvR area. It was way more awesome than the Darkelf/High Elf RvR Lake. The order were taking the Battlefield Objectives and I had no idea how many they had, or if they planned on taking the Orc Keep.

I ran up to check it out to see the Keeps door down, so I went around to the Postern door. I ran all the way to the top floor of the Orc Keep and didnt see anyone. I went past the vendor and looked over the ledge to see the whole Order army (at least 35-50 people) all outside on a balista pad with the keep lord. I have no idea why they were out there, but holy shit did it work out well for me. They were all grouped up within 15 feet of eachother. I targetted the guy in the middle and cast Gloom of Night, Shattered Shadows, Shattered Shadows... repeat. I basically killed them all. Total ownage.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Had my first taste of sieges tonight. Lots of fun!

We took several smaller keeps but this one below needed the siege ram.

The assault was so fun. One pick is just us getting ready and the other one is the siege in full swinging with the Ram at the gate and Order peeps attacking us from up top. They used oil later on. My morale meter is so high because I kept throwing knives at the dude getting blasted up top. Later, reinforcements for Order arrived so I went invis, snuck up behind them and went to work on the casters. That caused enough commotion to give a few Destruction time to split off the main attack and handle the rest.

Lots of fun. In the huge RvR worlds, having the cloaking ability is a very nice. Besides allowing me to sneak up on random travelers, I can invis on the fly and ditch pursuers. Nice ability. It's not overpowered. Some can see me and it only lasts for half of my ability point total and then I have to become visible again.
[Show]

The guild hit level 5 and bought a +3% exp tactic. I equipped the guild standard on my character profile and then dragged it to the action bar (directions say hotbar?). Is that all you need to do to get the benefit of guild tactics? You can see the guild icon on the bottom right of the lower action bar. I'm just confused about it saying hotbar. Is there a hot bar as well as action bars?
Last edited by Winnow on September 30, 2008, 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

Is there a way to move across realms? My friend is a Dark Elf and I want to roll a Chaos character; is there a way for either of us to run to the other so we can play together?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Bojangels wrote:Is there a way to move across realms? My friend is a Dark Elf and I want to roll a Chaos character; is there a way for either of us to run to the other so we can play together?
Yea, just run to the Warcamp in the newbie zone.
Here's a link to the map/location of the Chaos warcamp in Nordland:
http://warhammer.gamepressure.com/warha ... asp?ID=204
Basically, just follow the main road from the newbie area.

When you get there, look for the Flightmaster at the warcamp to fly to another realm pairing.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

Cool, thanks. Having much more fun now.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

You need to run down to the warcamp, there is a flightmaster there. Switch maps to his faction and fly to the tier 1 zone, then run up and set your rally point at the starter area. If you open the map, you will see a highlight/shaded area, somewhere near that should be the warcamp.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

1.01 patch notes:

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warhe ... war?id=338

autoloot is nice! (haven't read thoughwhole thing yet)

no scrolling through EUALA for miir!
Monsters which change velocity while moving in combat should no longer return “Target is Out of Range” sometimes when attacked by players.
nice! that was the worst bug I could think of and it's fixed.
Highlights

* Players no longer need to scroll down through the EUALA when logging into the game. The window now defaults to the bottom, and players need only check the Agreement box and click accept.

* The war against the gold sellers continues! We have made improvements to the Appeal system to allow players to report spam messages from gold sellers more quickly.

* TAB-targeting should now more consistently select the nearest enemy in the player's field of view.

* Corrected an issue that was preventing players from adding new friends to their friend list even while the number of existing friends was below the list's size limit.

* Fixed the issue that was causing players to sometimes get stuck in a particular animation state.

* Monsters which change velocity while moving in combat should no longer return “Target is Out of Range” sometimes when attacked by players.

* The /ignore command will now work more consistently.

* In response to player feedback, we have made improvements to player pet movement and behaviors.

* The Pet window should no longer disappear when its master is zoning or entering the game.

* We made many UI fixes including a new "autoloot" feature requested by many players.

* Guild cloaks will now display their heraldry properly.

* We have made several improvements to the chat window, and it should now be more intuitive to use and set up. A number of chat window issues were resolved in the process. We are continuing to work on your requests about chat, with more improvements to come in the future.

Hot Fixes

Combat and Careers

Shaman

* The debuff from "Hurts, Don't It" will no longer stack with itself

Content

* We have identified a couple of serious bugs that trivialize the content in the Lost Vale dungeon. We have disabled the dungeon entrance while we investigate these issues. Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve your in game experience!

* The Public Quest "Wagon Defense" will no longer get stuck because of objectives spawning in trees.

* Fixed a bug in the "Wagon Defense" quest

* The quest “Killing Time” should now allow players to gain credit when killing enemy characters in the Stone Troll Crossing scenario.

* Lorcar Perrithan no longer offers the quest “Phoenix Gate”. Players can now obtain this quest from the Uthorin Warscout.

* The Gunbad instance lockouts will now be 30 minutes instead of 24 hours.

* Fixed an issue that was preventing Erikwuf Wrathbound from offering the "Good Will" quest.

* Some monsters have been identified that were dropping Destruction items for Order players. These monsters will now drop Order items for Order players.

* Fixed an issue with the spawning of burning bushes in the "Rewards for the Faitfhful" quest.

General Changes and Bug Fixes

* Player pets have learned to behave themselves. They should now listen to their masters and stay focused while in combat with monsters, rather than dancing erratically. In addition, they should follow obediently at their masters’ side rather than spinning around.

* Monsters that are rooted in place will no longer appear to chase you if you flee from them, even though they are still rooted.

* Continued improvements have been made to client stability and performance.

* We have fixed an issue that was awarding an overly large experience bonus to players who killed many monsters in rapid succession (IE, several killing blows within a second or two of each other). This will largely only affect small groups that use AE abilities to kill off a very large number of monsters with a single ability activation.

* Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause roots to last longer than they should.

* The delay between sending multiple mails has been reduced from 20 seconds to 5 seconds.

Combat and Careers

White Lion

* Fixed an issue that was allowing players to use the "Pounce" ability without an enemy target. The ability now requires an enemy target to jump towards.

User Interface

* A feature has been added to User Settings which allows players to auto loot corpses by default. Players can enable this feature by selecting the “always auto loot” option, under the game play section. Please note that holding shift while looting with the option enabled will cause you to loot normally. When the option is disabled, shift-loot will still auto loot all.

* Guild cloaks will now retain heraldry settings through zoning.

* Corrected an issue that was preventing players from adding new friends to their friend list even while below the list's size limit.

* Improvements to the behavior of TAB-targeting. This should now more accurately target the nearest enemy in the player's field of view.

* The /ignore command will now work more consistently.

* The Pet window should no longer disappear when zoning or entering the game.

* In some cases, the chat window would reset to default position upon logout. This should no longer occur.

* Resizing the chat window should no longer cause the chat window to reposition itself.

* The text entry button is now colored to match the color of the channel the player is currently defaulting to for text entry.

* Hitting enter no longer fades in the entire chat window, instead it just fades the text entry box.

* Changing resolutions should no longer cause the chat tab labels to disappear.

* If more chat tabs are created than the width of the chat window is able to display, then buttons allowing the player to scroll forward and backwards through the chat tabs will appear.

* When resizing the chat window, players will now get a resizing cursor.

* Left-clicking on the chat window now causes it to fade immediately.

* When dragging a chat tab off of the chat window players will now get a “phantom chat tab” until they release the mouse button, instead of creating and dragging the new tab immediately.

* When docking one chat window to another, an arrow indicator is now displayed on the chat tab listing which indicates where in the order of chat tabs the tab will now be placed.

* When creating a new tab, the properties of the new tab are cloned from the original tab chosen. For example, using New Tab on the Combat tab menu creates a Combat(1) tab with all the same filters and font settings of the original Combat tab.

* Players will no longer be able to use the /petname command unless they have a White Lion out.

* New Cycle Enemy Target action added as a handier version of Target Next Enemy. This action is bound to Tab by default; existing characters will not have their keybindings changed, so if you would like to use this action instead of Target Next Enemy with your current character, you will need to change this keybind.

* Fixed an issue that was causing the health bar fade option to work incorrectly.

* We have re-skinned the Guild Registrar interaction window.

* Fixed an issue that was causing the health bar fade option to work incorrectly.

International

* Many parts of the UI have been modified to fit localized text properly:

- Quest Titles in the Quest Dialog window

- Zone Names in the Zone Loading screen

- The Title Bar in the Open Parties and Warband’s window

- Tactic Names in the Guild Tactics store window

- Zone Names in the Guild Roster tab of the Guild window

- Permission Text in the Admin tab of the Guild window

- Alliance Information in the Alliance tab of the Guild window

- Requirement (Blue) Ability Tooltip text

* Fixed an issue with chat text in localized versions of the game.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hit 20 tonight and got my mount!

Lost in a new zone!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

That cold one looks right off the TT game.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I also like the Tomb of Knowledge with all sorts of stats. This is my mob kill list at level 20. There are further breakdowns by type for each of these mobs if you click on them in the book.

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Makes you wonder if other MMO's see the good things found in their competition and say, "damn, wish we would have thought of that" or "how can we add that to our system without fucking everything up".
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i'm pretty sure I ran into Xanupox last night. There was this DoK, and his name was Xanupox

and he was in a firepot, so..
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

It's a good thing to be Destruction on Karak Eight Peaks (EU).

Altdorf is already under attack by the forces of Destruction!

Siege of the Empire City has begun!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

I'm really considering getting this game but I have a few questions.

1. What is the server populations like? ease of grouping/finding a guild?

2. p4 3.2 extreme, Nvidia quadro FX 3000 512 with 2 gig of ram play this thing ok?

3. Does the game have the feel that it will last? What I mean by this is the first day I was in beta for WoW I knew it was going to be a mega hit. Alternatively the first day I played say..Jumpgate on line I knew it would never rise above a nitch game.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

sarlen wrote:I'm really considering getting this game but I have a few questions.

1. What is the server populations like? ease of grouping/finding a guild?

2. p4 3.2 extreme, Nvidia quadro FX 3000 512 with 2 gig of ram play this thing ok?

3. Does the game have the feel that it will last? What I mean by this is the first day I was in beta for WoW I knew it was going to be a mega hit. Alternatively the first day I played say..Jumpgate on line I knew it would never rise above a nitch game.
Your PC setup looks kind of weak for any new games but if you enjoy RvR (PvP on larger scale), this game will stick. The differences in classes will keep people creating new characters as well to try them out. It's not designed to be larger than WoW (too many kids play that game for it to ever lose it's hold on #1), but it is designed to attract those that like group combat vs other players.

It depends on what you are looking for in a game. With three separate battle areas to level up in and with Destruction and Order content different in each, you could level up six characters and experience a lot of new content each time. You are also free to roam anywhere you want with a single character. (you might get killed but you're free to roam)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What are your main character's names and servers? miir, Aardor, Kaldaur, etc?

The web tracker for Warhammer is pretty nice. Wrong armor and hair though. Don't have gold boots!

Name: Skeeva
Server: Saphery

Hit 21/12 tonight

Having hard time getting renown with no RvR scenarios going. I got 1.5 renown levels tonight but crashed out of two that I was in we were winning. We were so dominant that the Order couldn't get off their starting hill. I stay queued in 9 different scenarios all the time but only a handful go each night. Really need more people on the server.

I've crashed twice while grabbing the Order Flag so I think that's the problem for some reason. I also managed to grab the flag and bring it back to the home base a few times so it doesn't happen all the time.

In we go!

First time I was a part of team RAMROD.

----------------

Here's a lengthy three page article comparing Warhammer to WoW:

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/why-wow-pla ... 5833804033
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow owns in this game.

Maybe Saphery should steal some people from Karak Eight Peaks-server, since that server is overpopulated.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

I am a 27 ironbreaker on Ostermark, a rp-core server. The roleplaying is scarce, which is fine by me, but the server population is excellent and balanced. I win just as much as I lose in scenarios.
The top two guilds on my server right now are both dwarfen clans, my own and our allied guild. We're the only ones with keeps, and it's nice knowing exactly which clans can be counted on right now for quality teammates in rvr. The sense of community developing (at least on my server) reminds me of EQ without the petty bitchery.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

As a Destruction-player, one should avoid Ostermark-server then. :)

Dorf domination.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Redjak, 20 Shaman on Badlands

Supposedly destruction sucks on my server, but I've seen about 50/50 in scenarios. I do feel like Order is better at keeping their folks alive than we are quite often. However, we did have Reikland for a few days so who knows, really...Queue times were pretty bad (worse I heard a friend hit 2 hrs at peak last weekend of September), but seem to have let up recently. This weekend I didn't get queued once, and never had any of my friends coming and going get queued. Hopefully it stays this way!

If you enjoy pvp/rvr check this game out.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Oh wow, but we had an amazing battle today. I was on leveling around 11am when word came down alliance chat that our allies, Mithril Warhammers, were trying to defend their freshly-taken keep from a mass of Destro. My guild, Granite Guard, mobilized quickly and flew to Empire Tier 3. The keep Passwatch has an outer wall and then the inner keep. The outer wall was under assault, but MWH was holding their own. GG was able to get into a postern door and assume battle formations. Through the use of oil, siege weaponry, and occasional hit and runs out into the battlefield, we were able to hold the outer wall for forty minutes. Finally, when the door was about to break, we assembled right behind it. The door collapsed and we charged out into the battlefield, forty dwarfs and two humans. The enemy force numbered at least our own, and probably a little more, although I don't have numbers to back it up. We had surprise on our side, as they were all still spread out from the siege. We pushed past the tanks, knocking back the ones in our way, and the battle was joined. We fought for an hour on that field, and over time reinforcements began pouring in for both sides. At 1pm, two hours later, we had two warbands fighting. However, we were terribly outnumbered, so it was a stalemate for another hour. Finally, we were able to push them back into the battlefield objective nearby, Verenmane's Tower. They holed themselves up inside and waited for our attack. And boy, was it a beast.
Luckily, we had seven Ironbreakers total, all with rank 2 morale ability Raze, which does damage to any target in front of you. We skirmished to get our morale up, and when we were ready, kicked open the door and unleashed. We were doing 1400 damage a second to anyone in front. The ironbreakers must have killed twenty in that first breach. After that, it was clean-up for the forty of us.
What a fucking game. Three hours later, the Destro retreated, and we went on a keep-taking spree that took us across the rest of the zones. I went from RR 18 to halfway through 20, and I also tossed in rank 27 as well. All in all, a good day.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That's awesome Kaldaur!

I can't wait for our server to have enough people for that scale of warfare.

As it is, I'm hesitant to level to 22 and take myself out of the only RvR scenarios that are going on our server (Tier 2). Not one Tier 3 scenario has gone when I've been on and I queue for all six of them.

Tonight I solo killed 8 Order in one scenario. That's my high so far.

ImageImage

Much less impressive than your monster battle, here you see Order running for their lives back to their camp. Look at those little dwarves scurry! Notice I have the Bright Wizard targeted though!If my daggers are glowing purple, that's a bad thing if you're the enemy!

There's not much coordination yet on our server. I try to yell some stuff out in /scenario chat but it's still kind of a free for all. Tonight Order had three healers and a truckload of Bright Wizards. I had to yell out things like "Kill a healer, save the world" to get people to focus on the healers.

As has been mentioned, if you like RvR (PvP grande), Warhammer is something you should be playing. Even the solo and group PvE is fun though.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

There's a scenario coming up you should look forward to, Winnow. it's Tor Anroc, and it's fought around lots of lava. Players have a lot ofknockback abilities at tier 3, and so half the time people position themselves to punt others into the lava. If you hit them first and manage to knock them in, it's a solo kill. My guildmates and I have competitions to see how many solo kills we can get punting people around, it's great!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

This game is a keeper.
It should get it's own forum.

I'm on Chaos Wastes (RP, open RVR) server.
Playing Archmage Axwell or Warrior Priest Eple.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

GREAT battlestory Kaldaur!

You make the Dwarves proud! :D

Never would i, as destruction, venture to that server. Order seems to be really coordinated there! ;)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Yeah, I know that it's sort of become a tag line for silliness here on VV, but this game is not like previous MMOs that come and go. This has real staying power, and I would support it's own forum. If it doesn't get it, okay, forum clutter and all that, an extra mouse wheel scroll, I get it. But there's a lot that needs to be covered in this game that just mucks up a single thread. Since the consolidation of other forums, I don't see what harm would come from providing Warhammer with it's own area to talk in.