Warhammer Online (new forum?)

For discussion about Warhammer Online.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Warhammer Online (new forum?)

Post by Winnow »

I created a Destruction character on Chaos Wastes. After playing on low population server, it seems like a more populous opne RvR server is the way to go for this game. It's all about RvR/PvP in the end.

I'll probably play my character on Saphery an equal amount of time but I want to try out open RvR.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Not bad so far. New character closing in on level 7. I had a temporary setback when I decided I didn't like my new hair choice so had to start over.

Big difference on new server population. There's people everywhere. On Saphery, I leveled up with no one around. On Chaos Wastes, there's a lot of people running around. On old server, I never saw anyone but myself when I went to the auction house. Chaos had like five other people there. Auction prices are a little higher as well. I guess less nice people or just plain higher demand with twinks, etc.

A blue sorceress robe dropped for me so I gave it to they first sorceress I saw. They were happy.

Forgot it takes awhile to level up even before 10.

I can see even the early areas are contested and battled over. Nice. Also so a level 21 Order dude running around the newbie areas. He must have been beaten as a child.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's what you can do with some healing support!

A little healing makes a huge difference! Throw out the solo kills and up the damage, death blows and total kills involved with. Best of all, zero deaths!

I can see how a coordinated guild could roll through these scenarios. Give me a support shaman and I'm set!

Liking the Open RvR server for the most part. The scenarios go on a regular basis. I don't care for being picked off by Order players twice my level. I find it hard to do some PQ scenarios with these things going on. Perhaps a 5 level max kill range would work. 21 vs 6 is kind of silly. Overall it's not a big deal but it's a tad more on the annoying side than competitive side in those situations.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, the two tier difference is why I don't play my character(s) on an open-rvr server too much.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Most of the time, the losers who gank lowbies are alone and are easy for a group to take down.

When I was doing the CH6/7 PQ in the Dwarf area, there was a couple of mid 20s WEs who were trying to gank mid/low teens players. They gave up after they died about 7-8 times each to the Order groups that were in the area.

Compared to WOW, the amount of ganking that happens is inconsequential.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Winnow wrote:What are your main character's names and servers? miir, Aardor, Kaldaur, etc?
Missed this. And had no clue that Warhammer had a wowarmory copy (it could use some work, but hey, it took wow years to release it's armory and it would chain crash browsers for months after release)

I am Boli - Witch Hunter on Dark Crag.
http://realmwar.warhammeronline.com/rea ... server=173

Haven't played since Saturday because the friend I was leveling with is offline till he and his wife find a place in Virginia, and get internet.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

New Character Winni on Chaos Wastes

http://realmwar.warhammeronline.com/rea ... server=227

Semi retired character Skeeva on Saphery

http://realmwar.warhammeronline.com/rea ... server=184

It'd be nice if the pictures were accurate. My renown is keeping up with my levels a lot better on the busier server.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i'm sorceress on phoenix throne - cassia
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Just bought it - trying a Magus. I dont know how long I can stand floating around on a stupid disk though...
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

reroll now before its too late. magus sux!
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Try a sorceress, see how long it takes before you blow yourself up :P
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

I am at 6 now, and I still hate the disc. It's a little better now with a pet. From what I've been reading, its basically suckville till after 10, when you start getting some decent AOE.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

if its suckville until 10 then its Mediocretown afterwards. Magus' are only good for one thing- that magnetic implosion skill (after which they get instantly murdered) to pull in lots of order guys so I can step in and actually do some real AE damage to them using my MMO skills
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Started a zealot and its much funner. I actually feel like I contribute in the scenarios instead of getting two shots on a healer then getting ganked.
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Also - do I have to be higher level to do the other scenarios? I can only ever get into Nordenwatch. I figure its either my sever pop., or level based?

I have to say, this is a great game. I like the public quests, and all the quests you can do just out of your book is great.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

when you get higher levels you'll get into a new "tier" of scenarios. Once you hit (i think) 8 you can start Qing for tier 2. Once you hit 12 you cannot queue for tier 1 anymore. although generally you get much better XP by staying in the lowest tier possible for as long as possible.

But i think you are asking why you never get into Erkund or the other one at Tier1.. The reason is just that Nordenwatch is the most popular. You'll find in Tier 2 that you won't play much else but Morkain... and at Tier 3 its pretty much just Tor every time despite there being like a half dozen scenarios.

public quests are a lot of fun until like chapter 3, where you have to do them ten thousand times to get even a potion reward. its also ridiculous that you can participate through an entire PQ and still have a very high chance to not receive anything at all.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Xanupox wrote:Bright Wizard about to get the Nerf Hammer. If you rolled one, you may want to switch to something else before its too late.

This is insider info coming off the Closed Beta Elder forums. Mythic was about to push some changes to BW at the end of closed but held off to see how things panned out in Retail. Well, it went in the opposite direction in retail and not only are those changes coming, they are going to be more extreme.

BW getting about a 20% across the board dmg reduction with an INCREASE in most cast times. The offset to this is a lower AP cost on most spells.
Judging from the 1.05 changes, it looks like Bright Wizards actually got buffed a little bit.

LOL, dumbass.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

miir wrote:
Xanupox wrote:Bright Wizard about to get the Nerf Hammer. If you rolled one, you may want to switch to something else before its too late.

This is insider info coming off the Closed Beta Elder forums. Mythic was about to push some changes to BW at the end of closed but held off to see how things panned out in Retail. Well, it went in the opposite direction in retail and not only are those changes coming, they are going to be more extreme.

BW getting about a 20% across the board dmg reduction with an INCREASE in most cast times. The offset to this is a lower AP cost on most spells.
Judging from the 1.05 changes, it looks like Bright Wizards actually got buffed a little bit.

LOL, dumbass.
KYS
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I was thinking about trying this game out, is this game similar to wow in gameplay? For some reason I hated/hate wow and dont want to play a game like it. I did enjoy DAoC quite a bit for awhile and hope that the 'look' of the game is the only thing similar to wow.

Other than that, I was going to start a High Elf bowman guy. I will probably play on a RvR server since it doesnt appear to be a heavily ganking type of game, plus you can group up and take out gankers so no big worries. Is there anyone else on a full rvr server? I would prefer some people on the 'order' side, but if not I can play against you as well.

I will probably pick it up this week sometime, maybe tommorrow
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Trek wrote:I was thinking about trying this game out, is this game similar to wow in gameplay? For some reason I hated/hate wow and dont want to play a game like it.

WoW sucks. This game is fun. It's more like DAoC than WoW.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Trek wrote:I was thinking about trying this game out, is this game similar to wow in gameplay? For some reason I hated/hate wow and dont want to play a game like it. I did enjoy DAoC quite a bit for awhile and hope that the 'look' of the game is the only thing similar to wow.

Other than that, I was going to start a High Elf bowman guy. I will probably play on a RvR server since it doesnt appear to be a heavily ganking type of game, plus you can group up and take out gankers so no big worries. Is there anyone else on a full rvr server? I would prefer some people on the 'order' side, but if not I can play against you as well.
The best I can describe the game is DaOC v2.0.
I played on an open RvR server for a while. There's very little PvP that takes place outside of the RvR areas (islands and scenarios) and that is just lowbie ganking.

I've played on every type of server and there's really little difference aside from the pvp paranoia you get on open rvr servers.

The game really couldn't be further from WOW in it's base gameplay.
It's primarily RVR focused.
The PVP is not twitchy, bunny hopping, circle strafing like WOW.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

That is exactly what I want to hear, I am going to go pick it up and find a server
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Trek, come play a dwarf on Ostermark. We have extremely balanced RvR, and a great community that sticks together. It is designated an RP server, but really, 90% don't roleplay. It's a very mature community, I think you'd enjoy it.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I started a Shadow Warrior on Hochlan (open RvR). If I get a chance I will roll up a Dwarf on Ostermark and check it out......wont be until Wednesday at the soonest, will be busy until then.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Made a Dwarf on Ostermark named Hezag. I will play him a bit and check out your server Kal....
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Huge patch and next update coming Tuesday. Heavy Metal patch. Major class changes with free respec.

I am having fun with it... I use a Census addon and the population base is mainly from 10-32, with a huge decline in the 30s and a large spike of 40s.

Overall though the population is still in the early/mid stages with the fast levelers already being 40. I am level 38, but I have 9 alts that are level 12-14 lol.

Yeah, free time rocks ehh?
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

1.05 is going to kill ironbreakers. I am dreading this patch.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Remade Nulien on Ostermark.....I just like archer types.

Having some fun so far, only lvl 6 on Nulien and 7 on Hezag so not even into the game yet. I think I am RR3 on Nul....I like the scenerios they have, I have yet to actually kill a player outside of those any I have ambushed in the rvr areas run away before I can get em, they have been higher levels then me but I guess I scare them enough or something.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I rolled a few characters on Ostermark.
I'll look you guys up.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Got Nulien to 13 and rr10. Having fun so far, seem to lose more of the rvr scenerios then we win right now. The ones im in I am low in level but still deal a lot of damage and dont feel like I hinder my side at all.

The most annoying part of the game so far is 'getting stuck' on things in the environment, I realize I cant walk through a tree or something but my character is an elf and shouldnt get stuck on every branch, rock, wall, tent ect. that I walk by.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Think I am 17 and rr14 or something, I dunno havent logged on in a coupke of weeks. Really never met anyone, ran into Miir that was cool but never really did any group anything. Cancelled the other day, may pick it back up after the holidays....
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yea, you just kinda disappeared.

The patch that added the ORVR rewards really did a lot to encourage open RVR. In the past week, I've done not much else except that.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Dont really miss this game at all, my subscription officially ran out and I dont see me renewing it. Hopefully a MMO will come along that I can enjoy like I did EQ or DaoC.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Did this game not live up to the hype?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:Did this game not live up to the hype?

It's better than WoW and AoC but not as good as the original EQ.

EQ is ten years old!

ug
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm still loving this game but my free time is pretty low right now.
I only play maybe an hour a night.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I stopped playing after two months for one reason really. I had grown used to the way that EQ2 lets you mentor other players in order to do the same content "at their level." This allowed me to group with friends that were new to the game without stopping them from getting xp. The people that I moved to Warhammer to group with had much more playtime than I did, and I would only get a group with them once in a while as one of their alts happened to be around my level. The fact that I was still playing/raiding in EQ2 might have had some impact on my WAR playtime, but it was ultimately the community which made me stick with just EQ2 for now. Being able to group with those friends that had outlevelled me would have probably helped me to stick around in Warhammer.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I found myself pretty much playing solo, which for a MMo is kinda boring and there are much better things to take my solo time. Sure you can jump in on battleground type scenarios but even then there are much better games on the 360 to take that time. Overall I just couldnt see getting much more into the game and didnt want to waste anymore time with it. I also hated WoW and if I had to play one I would play Warhammer
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Create a forum kill a game. I hope you people are happy!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

I enjoyed Warhammer immensely. The only problem was, I maxed out very quickly, and there was very little itemization at end-game, not to mention the total lack of rewards or incentives to PvP. It's the problem with rushing to the end of any newly released MMO; there just isn't that much to do. I hear they've been making some incremental advances at end-game, and I fully intend on returning to the game...in half a year or so, once the end-game has gotten more fleshed out. This is a wonderful game, that I think will only get better with time.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I guessing this game is dead?

Forum can probably go to 8)
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I apologize for advocating the creation of this forum.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I played on a 10 day return to warhammer code that a friend sent me. I didn't notice a lot of changes, but it was fun while I played it. There seemed to be a lot fewer players around in the lower tiers.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

I said I'd give this a try in 6 months, if people were still playing it and it was worth playing. According to this forum it's not so hot!
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

See, creating a forum had the opposite affect! Now Psyloche will never know the awsemoness that was (is?) Warhammer Online.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I'll take full responsibility.