Living Legacy - Everquest

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Living Legacy - Everquest

Post by Aslanna »

http://livinglegacy.station.sony.com/en/everquest.vm
Living Legacy is a celebration of the millions of players who have adventured in EverQuest in the last nine years. Whether you were one of the first players to call Norrath home or just dropped by for a day to explore, we're inviting you to come back and celebrate with us. Special events and unique reward opportunities are waiting. We're still in the fight. Is the fight still in you?

Free Game Play
All inactive paying and trial EverQuest accounts in good standing have been reactivated and entitled for free play up until July 25, 2008.

Free EverQuest Secrets of Faydwer All-In-One Pack Software
Get caught up on content and keep the game upon your conversion to paid monthly subscription.

Unique In-Game Item Bundle
Available for all returning players.
Claimable at Log-In – Get up to speed immediately with:

Bundles of Defiant Armor* — Class and level specific armor upgrade
The Scabbard of Fortune* — Class and level specific weapon upgrade
Ten Potions of Adventure* — Increased XP to get back in the fight
Ten Movement Speed Potions* — Jet from battle to battle
The Legacy Satchel* — A container for your loot

Special Offer! Living Legacy participants who convert to subscribers on or before July 25, 2008 will be granted a unique item upon purchase of the upcoming EverQuest expansion pack. This item is claimable upon expansion release.

The Temporal Chrysalis* — A mysterious item that pulses as if alive. Who knows what it will hatch into…

Player Events – XP Bonuses, Upgrades To Favorite Zones and New Raids!

The Hottest Zones Ever! All current EverQuest hot zones offer an additional 25% experience bonus. See the “Welcome Back” tab for a list of the current hot zones and their suggested level ranges as well as details on the experience bonus.

More Loot! The global drop rate has been updated throughout all of Norrath so returning and current adventurers can line their pockets.

Classic Group Content Upgrades! Lower Guk (7/7/08 – 8/04/08) will be fine-tuned with upgraded loot for groups of returning hardcore adventurers. Prepare to face some old enemies…and a few new ones!

Brand New Raids! Get ready for the fight of your life with four brand new raid scenarios. Incredible item rewards await adventurers who face these hardcore challenges and succeed. See the “Events Tab” for more details.

Legends Of Norrath™ – Free game client, starter pack, and access to competitive prize tournaments.

Get Started Now
If you have uninstalled EverQuest, click here to download the installer. The download may be quite large and take a significant amount of time.

*Non-tradeable
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Living Legacy - Everquest

Post by Xatrei »

I logged on a couple of accounts that hadn't been signed on in close to 2 years. They had all the expansions enabled. I didn't do anything though. I forgot to look at the freebie armor and weapon upgrades to see what they're about until after I signed out, though.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I may have to check this out. It's been a looong time since I last logged into EQ. My last memory was walking into some zone and dieing to a train that was waiting at the zone line. I ran all the way back and looted my corpse, forgetting I needed to get a rez. I lost level 70. Remembering how much time it took to make that much exp, I immediately logged off and haven't been back since.

Still, free is free :P
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

why does this shit always happen during finals
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

because EQ doesn't want you!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Interesting. Maybe if I wasn't playing EQ2 and if AoC wasn't already getting shelved because of that.

Heh.

1. Bundles of Defiant Armor* — Class and level specific armor upgrade - Pretty sure with Plane of Time and multiple Quarm Loots these wouldn't be an upgrade (At least I'd hope not!).
2. The Scabbard of Fortune* — Class and level specific weapon upgrade - See #1, I have the spear/mace thing with clicky slow from PoT.
3. Ten Potions of Adventure* — Increased XP to get back in the fight -This would be useful
4. Ten Movement Speed Potions* — Jet from battle to battle - Um, SoW+Invis+Levitate - the typical Shaman mode of Transport through gay zones
5. The Legacy Satchel* — A container for your loot - All Tinkerers Bags and Dragon Satchels... is this better!?!?
- Ash
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I wondered what was going on with the account information before I received the EQ or EQ2 emails. I was cancelling an account that I only re-activated for SWG access (silly me). When I went to cancel the SWG account, the "active until" dates for all of the games were different, and further into the future than what I had expected.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Good lord. Getting the old account back up and running just ins't worth it, even if it's free!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

It is as it was and always will be.

That said, it's free.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Pretty much just as every other mmorpg will always be: kill stuff.. gain levels.. kill stuff.. loot stuff.. repeat.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I logged in the beastlord the last time they gave a free month and I had no idea what any of my spells did anymore.

I also didn't remember how to navigate that UI anymore either.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:I logged in the beastlord the last time they gave a free month and I had no idea what any of my spells did anymore.

I also didn't remember how to navigate that UI anymore either.
Yeah, I had lots of customization to the key layout so the last time I logged on after a year or two, I couldn't do anything and spent my time trying to redefine the keys and figure out which of my spells were the ones to use.

EQ chat app still around? That might be fun to log into to see if I recognize any names. I think you can't see anyone unless they're on your friends list though if I recall correctly.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:EQ chat app still around? That might be fun to log into to see if I recognize any names. I think you can't see anyone unless they're on your friends list though if I recall correctly.
EQIM? No. No longer works. Funny I just tried it the other day when I saw it on my older PC. It seemed to log in but after that nothing worked.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I used to use an EQIM plug-in for Trillian which worked great. I even got into group chat channels.

I found this thread on EQIM. Doesn't look promising:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=131781
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

I logged in today, could hardly navigate, kept pressing the wrong things, got the freebie things, most of it worse than what i had, ´saw noone i knew, logged out again.
Gonna log in once more to see if i can find some old friends.

But DAMN EQ was ugly
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

The patch process is long and arduose (sp?).

Since it looks like I'm going to be a GM I figured I'd reinstall and have a look see, only to find it's free. I should look in this forum more often.

Of course now I have to decide wich charachter to mess around with. Since the whole dual comp set up went away when I quit playin EQ.
Sick Balls!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Well 4 hours to run the patcher only to have log in server issues. Man I forgot how much fun EQ was!~
Sick Balls!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

So been playin it a couple days. A lot of familiar faces.

But man. they turned it into eq2. It takes like 2 mins to med to full with any buffs, XP just seems to be insane. Leveled all the way through 70 in a couple hours.

Just for some nastalgia, once I got my new pet I wandered into POEartha and started soloing mobs that used to kill groups. I was getting near 15% aa per kill. It's a little over done.
Sick Balls!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Noysyrump wrote:But man. they turned it into eq2. It takes like 2 mins to med to full with any buffs, XP just seems to be insane. Leveled all the way through 70 in a couple hours.
Not really. And it's 3 minutes. Because medding for 12 minuttes is fun amirite?? I don't see how people can complain about that.
Noysyrump wrote:Just for some nastalgia, once I got my new pet I wandered into POEartha and started soloing mobs that used to kill groups. I was getting near 15% aa per kill. It's a little over done.
XP hasn't really changed. The elemental zones have always been good XP. The only thing that changed for AA is that it's tiered to allow the earlier AAs to be gained faster. I believe the number where a bonus stops applying is 750 so after that AA is gained at the same rate it always was. What is your total number of AAs?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The original EQ needs something like AoC has. in AoC, you can enter a zone in normal or epic mode. Epic mode raises the difficulty level. If EQ had an epic mode, you might be able to go back and enjoy the old zones again for fun. The expansion after PoP was so bad, it would probably be more fun to battle through older zones.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:
Noysyrump wrote:But man. they turned it into eq2. It takes like 2 mins to med to full with any buffs, XP just seems to be insane. Leveled all the way through 70 in a couple hours.
Not really. And it's 3 minutes. Because medding for 12 minuttes is fun amirite?? I don't see how people can complain about that.
Noysyrump wrote:Just for some nastalgia, once I got my new pet I wandered into POEartha and started soloing mobs that used to kill groups. I was getting near 15% aa per kill. It's a little over done.
XP hasn't really changed. The elemental zones have always been good XP. The only thing that changed for AA is that it's tiered to allow the earlier AAs to be gained faster. I believe the number where a bonus stops applying is 750 so after that AA is gained at the same rate it always was. What is your total number of AAs?
Medding was the worst part of the game for me. Kill 3-4 mobs, then sit and med. I would surf the Net or go do something around the house and come back later. I'm glad to see they fixed that. It was horrible.

I think when I left EQ I had about 1200 AAs? At least a thousand. I also think I had about a dozen or so unspent waiting for a decent skill set to invest in.

I'm one of those people who really enjoyed AAs. I wish WoW had something like them. It was a way for a solo/grinder to even the odds when compared to a full time raider. Your stats were on your character, not the gear!
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Winnow wrote:The original EQ needs something like AoC has. in AoC, you can enter a zone in normal or epic mode. Epic mode raises the difficulty level. If EQ had an epic mode, you might be able to go back and enjoy the old zones again for fun. The expansion after PoP was so bad, it would probably be more fun to battle through older zones.
WoW did it first.

Just sayin'.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bagar- wrote:
WoW did it first.

Just sayin'.

The original EQ did it first but it was called CR. Entering a zone naked and fighting down to your corpse = epic mode.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Winnow wrote:
Bagar- wrote:
WoW did it first.

Just sayin'.

The original EQ did it first but it was called CR. Entering a zone naked and fighting down to your corpse = epic mode.
How quickly we forget LDoN
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

LDoN != "Original EQ". So while you're at it may as well remember PoP and the graveyards.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:LDoN != "Original EQ". So while you're at it may as well remember PoP and the graveyards.
I was referring to actually being able to choose the instance difficulty going in. Most groups didn't "choose" to do CR runs :P
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

WoW is a piece of shit copycat game dumbed down so retards could play. On top of that, the graphics or horrible and distorted.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Graphics are horrible and distorted? Just because the game doesn't require you to run out and buy a new fucking computer to run it effectively doesn't make them distorted you fucking mongoloid. I'll agree that given that my PC is extremely nice, I wouldn't complain if they upped their graphics a bit, but honestly the game is quite nice looking and is more accessable to players (computer-wise) than any other game, which is a direct reason it's so popular.

As far as WoW being dumbed down, yes the leveling is a lot, lot, lot, lot easier than original EQ, but I think you'll find that to be the case in any modern day MMO. If they made leveling such an agonizing task, no one would bother. At the risk of sounding like a "fanboy" i'd say blizzard has done an excelent job of upholding their philosophy of "easy to learn, difficult to master" which it is.

Calling it a copycat game is also fallacious. If you're looking for true originality you won't find it in any games these days, but WoW has many, many innovative mechanics and I hardly think it's a copycat at all.

But of course, you're just trolling and I just wasted my time by even responding, seeing as how you've probably never even played the game.

It may have faults (in fact I bitch about them quite frequently, and it most certainly does), but overall there's a reason WoW is the most popular MMO today.

Now go back to masterbating to second life, you worthless fucking troll. :p
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

No need to get so emotional over a computer game!

--
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Winnow wrote:The original EQ needs something like AoC has. in AoC, you can enter a zone in normal or epic mode. Epic mode raises the difficulty level. If EQ had an epic mode, you might be able to go back and enjoy the old zones again for fun. The expansion after PoP was so bad, it would probably be more fun to battle through older zones.

Hurray for lower guk epic mode. Obviosly somone listens to winnow. they made lguk level 80+ and i'm havin a blast. camped all to hell, trains galore, and just like the old days. 9 years later, im still wearin guk loots.!~
Sick Balls!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's only like that until the end of the Living Legacy promotion thingie (Aug 4th) so get those phat lewts while you can.

--
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Yeh but you know you are never gonna leave Blackburrow when they do that one!

I was the first one into Guk on veeshan(luclin... ghey). Had the first group rollin through, and failed to get the first SMR. However, both my toons are fairly well decked out now. Im just stayin for the nastalgia, and possibly a FBSS.
Sick Balls!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'd camp for Yaks. The procs were so cool.