Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

AMERICAN PSYCHO 2

Post by Fash »

I loved American Psycho and today I saw the sequel at the video store. I had to rent and watch it immediately. The stuff on the back didn't do it justice.

I liked it! :) .... anyone else notice this one? Go now!!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I rented the first one once and never watched it. I'll go check it out again soon. I heard about a sequel in the making, but am a little leary of striaght to video sequels.

Is it a continuation of the first or a stand alone story about another psycho?
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

It's a continuation, the movie begins with batemans death at the hands of one of his victims.

I was waiting for the opening music from the first one, but this one profiles a much different person.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Although I did indeed enjoy AP2, I really thought the original was definately a stand-alone film. They really should have not even included the Bateman character.

*************************SPOILER**************************

In American Psycho, we are left unsure if Bateman actually killed all of those people--just that if he were to kill(as he often fantasized), he could get away with it since everyone dressed the same, acted the same, and generally were yuppie clones in a pretentious world.

Personally, I think that since he was often confused with different people was enough to make all of the killings imagined.

With the sequel, it is already assumed that Bateman killed people by he himself being killed by a potential "victim". Like I said, I did enjoy the second flick, just that it wasn't warranted and took away from the up in the air ending of the original.
en kærlighed småkager
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

The first one was brilliant. I have het to see the second one, and now I'm not sure if I want to.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Canelek wrote:Personally, I think that since he was often confused with different people was enough to make all of the killings imagined.
only Paul Allen (HEY PAUL, *AXE*) mistook him for someone else... but I agree it was definately possible that he didn't kill anyone if you only saw the first one...