09 Pilot

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

09 Pilot

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

First thing I noticed is it really isn't that ugly, in fact it looks rather strong in it's stance. I like that it lacks the wagon on steroids look and the interior space makes great use of the exterior styling. The instrument layout and dash set is rather similar to the Accord, big easy to hit buttons, illuninated well. The Navi screen is larger and easy to read, I didn't see much glare at all compared to the other screens. Solid was the overall impression. We cross compared it to the Acadia (enclave, vue and whatever chevy calls it) and the Highlander.

Power lift rear gate in Touring - Nice and needed in high end models

Tow hitch - standard on all levels, harness only on Touring, if it's wired just put the damn harness on them all imo, but still, nice.

Engine - Seems a little stronger low end, subtle but the difference is there. Gas mileage is key so I will not say much about wanting a bigger engine but I will say I hoped for more from either the power or the gas mileage (went up 5%).

Tranny - Smoothest of the bunch, responsive and strong feeling, not a ton of gear hunting whereas the Highlander tranny was, as the kids say today, teh suck and the Acadia had a lag to it that was annoying as fuck.

USB Port- Brilliant, this will be on all Hondas shortly, much better than the old plug for an ipod.

Stereo System - Nice, very nice actually

Seating - 3rd row space is much better and the height makes such a huge difference, best 3rd row of the bunch. Second row seats are more comfortable and usable all the way across, the Acadia had decent seating and specs out real close to the Honda (or if you prefer, Honda made their specs real close to the GMC for a good reason) but the highlander was garbage, I don't get what they were thinking.

Moonroof - Larger for sure but really not much wow considering how much it got talked up in the presentation.

Trizone Climate with humidity control - nice cool gadget-y thing

3rd row vents, 22# cargo net that hangs above the storage bin, sunshades and mem seats in the Tourings, HVAC control upgrades, Accord Navi system (really RL Navi) - all nice touches.

In the end this is a tough sell currently and gas prices are only going one direction so this will not be easier in the coming couple years. We will see if Honda is behind or ahead of the curve on the styling (I do have male buyers who prefer the Yukon to the Acadia simple because they like the truck look and feel) for this market. Once they are in it, it should be an easy sell because content for the $ spent is there.
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: 09 Pilot

Post by Noysyrump »

no pics. didnt happen.
Sick Balls!