Hmmmm, epics....

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Hmmmm, epics....

Post by Canelek »

So, it looks like the Brig epic is easier thatn the swashy epic. Aside from that, I am guessing it is still not so easy. Never knew there was a high-level version of Nektropos! Never tried non-instanced Chardok, Sebili or KC either. Should be fun? Who knows.

Looks I still need some faction with Riliss, need to do Oracle Robe HQ and either get lucky on broker with the 3 other robes or do the alternate methods which point to the aforementioned zones.

Have any experience with the brig epic, Kil? I know yall were pounding them out last month.

Here is the quest:
Kill Xenur Rashss and loot the head of Xenur Rashss in Kunzar Jungle near ( -309, 43, -216 ) . Xenur will spawn when someone on the quest approaches him. He must be killed once for each brigand in the group.Much easier to have full group and few others outside group to nuke or heal for the 85heroic^^^
Turn in the head to Sulvin T. Smalls of the Far Seas Trading Company. He is on the docks in Jarsath Wastes at ( -300, -49, 1368 )
Talk to Noolie Drewb, standing on the docks next to Sulvin. Noolie sends you to the Fens of Nathsar.
Go to Riliss in Fens of Nathsar and talk to Natoss the Seen ( -844.01, 63.65, -94.28 ) . You must speak Satharian (Language Quest starts with A Mysterious Black Tome) and must have maximum (50,000) faction with Riliss.
Go to ( -1296, 4, -406 ) in Fens of Nathsar, which is a large rock near the path to Kunzar Jungle. As you approach the rock a caravan will spawn. The caravan consists of Captain Kailess (85 ^^^) and four 85^^ friends. All are non-aggro. Slay the caravan to collect a crate of tanned raptor hides. The caravan must be killed once for each brigand in the group. If the caravan makes it to the door of Jarsath Wastes it will run back to the starting point and eventually despawn. It can be respawned by approaching the rock again.
Take the crate to Noolie Drewb on the Jarsath Wastes docks for your reward, approximately 2 platinum.
Speak to Sulvin T. Smalls on the docks again. He will send you on a search for "Havoc".
You say, "Hail, Sulvin T. Smalls"

Sulvin T. Smalls says to you, "Good Morning [Name], you certainly have proven yourself resourceful. Perhaps you would like to take care of a personal matter for me?"
You say to Sulvin T. Smalls, "I don't handle personal matters unless they give me personal gain."
Sulvin T. Smalls says to you, "The personal gain you speak of will certainly be there. There is a matter I am willing to make exceptionally lucrative for you, should you decide to assist me?"
You say to Sulvin T. Smalls, "See? Now that sounds like you're speaking my language again. Do tell, do tell!"
Sulvin T. Smalls says to you, "I am looking for a family heirloom of great personal importance. Due to the fact that I am uncertain of its whereabouts, you will need to do some serious detective work. Honestly, I can not tell you anything more than it is called Havoc and it is a particularly important item to me. The compensation will be triple anything we have offered you previously."
You say to Sulvin T. Smalls, "Honestly? You mean to tell me everything up till now has been less than truthful?"
Sulvin T. Smalls says to you, "Absolutely not, it is just a manner of speaking. Look I'll tell you what. I will pay ten times what I paid you for the caravan job. I will not lie to you about the fact that this is going to be a great amount of work. This item is just a knick knack; it has no real importance to anyone but me for sentimental reasons."
You say to Sulvin T. Smalls, "Did you say ten times? I think I can give it a look over for that. I'll let you know when I know something. So what is this item exactly?"
Sulvin T. Smalls says to you, "If you really must know and it will help you move along faster, it is a painting and Havoc is either the title or the artist. I am unsure which. This will be part of your detective work."

You say to Sulvin T. Smalls, "Got ya! Well, off I go."

Speak to Madame Dulcine the fortune teller ( -429, 9, -16 ) in Loping Plains. Madame Dulcine is located in Somborn Village.
You say, "Hail, Madame Dulcine"

Madame Dulcine says to you, "Many visions have come to me; you seek personal gain for those who would not search themselves. I may tell you of what I know. However, I require ceremonial garbs."
You say to Madame Dulcine, "Garbs? What exactly is a garb?"
Madame Dulcine says to you, "One of those whom the gods speak through, one from those who find tranquility at rest, one that represents the immaterial essence and one of those who closely follow the stars. Bring these to me and you shall know what I know and understand that which I hope to make you understand. And before you ask! Because I am a fortune teller and I know you will! There is a gentleman who resides with the gnomes who may know something about garb acquisitions...be gone!"

You say to Madame Dulcine, "Garbs! I am after garbs! Paying well for garbs! Meet me at CL tunnel.?"

You must now obtain four robes scattered throughout Norrath: Robe of the Oracle, Raiment of the Skywatcher, Garb of Souls, Keeper's Robe of Quiescence. You may talk to Melvin Pennysworth in Gnomeland Security to find out about the alternate means of acquiring the garbs. Note that the robes will only be harvestable if you talk to Melvin first!
You say, "Hail, Melvin Pennysworth"

Melvin Pennysworth says to you, "Greetings! How may I help you on this wonderfully fine day?"
You say to Melvin Pennysworth, "I am looking for some specific Garbs! If you umm...know what I mean?"
Melvin Pennysworth says to you, "Absolutely! What garbs are you looking for?"
You say to Melvin Pennysworth, "Well, something like one of gods and speaking and through or something and something about tranquility at rest and something about a material girl! I think! Yeah!"
Melvin Pennysworth says to you, "Oooh! You are looking for some very rare garbs indeed! Well all I can really tell you is that many of the Kunark dynasties have been know to keep certain garbs as trophies! Perhaps look there?"
You say to Melvin Pennysworth, "Dynasties? You mean like families or groups or nasty horrible people who will kill me and eat me?"
Melvin Pennysworth says to you, "Yup, that is what I mean! Good luck!"

You say to Melvin Pennysworth, "Thanks?"

Robe of the Oracle: Complete the heritage quest War and Wardrobe. If you have already completed the quest but lost the robe you can purchase another one from the Shady Swashbuckler on the Nektulos Forest docks.
Raiment of the Skywatcher: Kill The Skywatcher in Tenebrous Tangle to obtain. This robe is attuneable so it can also be purchased from the broker. You will need to mentor a friend so the mob is not gray.
Optional method for obtaining Raiment of the Skywatcher: clickable chest in Karnor's Castle behind Xalgoz gives you "A Tattered Raiment of the Skywatcher".
Garb of Souls: Kill Zorv the Soulsnarer in Sanctum of the Scaleborn. This robe is attuneable so it can also be purchased from the broker. You will need to mentor a friend so the mob is not gray.
Optional method for obtaining Garb of Souls: go deep into Chardok past palace to the NPC that takes the books for the ring event. Give him the books and go down to the last room, the chest should be on a shelf on the far side of the room at 919, -66, 550. Books in round rooms can be pulled one at a time, then the Di'zok's cleared.
Keeper's Robe of Quiescence: Kill the Keeper of Silence in Poet's Palace. This robe is attuneable so it can also be purchased from the broker. You will need to mentor a friend so the mob is not gray.
Optional Method :Head into Sebilis, go down towards VS area, there in the Praetors Barracks area is the box needed(52 -123 453).
Return the four robes to Madame Dulcine in Loping Plains.
Go to Nektropos Castle and zone into Nek3 (Also known as Nektropos Castle-Tribulation, entrance is found behind the regular Nektropos Castle). Complete the tome collection quest for Tome: Our Lady of Betrayal. If you do not kill any named you will not have a lock out.
Head to Nektropos Castle and go to The Chapel. There is a small tablet at the base of the altar, click it twice (for two different actions), and an NPC will spawn to give you your update. She will then tell you that you must "commit an act of vengeance against those who would torture a traitor."
You must have Tome: Our Lady of Betrayal completed and on you in order for the NPC to speak with you.
Now head to Chardok and slay any heroic mob near the entrance to the zone to receive an update. The quest will then ask you to collect the following, which are found on level 80+ heroics in Chardok (they are uncommon body drops - you will have to kill a lot - also Court of Korucust di'zoks will give updates)
Collect 40 claws from di'zok prey
Collect 40 tails from di'zok prey
Collect 40 beaks from di'zok prey
Return to the NPC in Nektropos castle. You will then receive an in game mail.
Check your in game mail to find out that you need to travel to Teren's Grasp to meet Nai. He will be standing up top, near the ledge, across from the front entrance to the building. Kill Nai (85^^^) and his 3 friends (85^^) - You must hail him, at the end of his speech he will immediately attack with his thugs.
Go to Charsis in Jarsath Wastes and complete the Vaults instance. You will loot an item from the final boss's chest (Bag of Licent).
Return to Madame Dulcine the fortune teller ( -429, 9, -16 ) in Loping Plains.
Travel to Skyfire Mountains to the Temple of the White Lady. Bring a group with you. Travel across the floating bridge to activate the next encounter by clicking on the icicle in the middle. Following that you will head across the elevator out again and there you will find Parathior (85^^^) and 3 85^^ (Greed, Lies and Deceit) in the middle, on the way back to the entrance.
Travel back to Nek Castle 1 and return to the Chapel, read the stone once again and follow the prompts. You will need to examine the stone in your inventory, and then click on the dimensional portal on the ground. ie the bag that used to be in your inventory.
Congratulations on completing your heroic version of Havoc.
[edit] Rewards
Havoc
\aITEM 923845910 -1268328348:Havoc\/a
en kærlighed småkager
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Hmmmm, epics....

Post by Truant »

Hail, Canelek.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

So, it looks like the Brig epic is easier thatn the swashy epic. Aside from that, I am guessing it is still not so easy.
Where is Obsidian Guard when you need them???????
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Hahahaha! :D And once I get my epic, OG will no longer be needed and I can join a raiding guild...oh wait! :D We went through the same thing in KoE (to a certain extent)....hehee

Actually not in a rush--just going to get all the prep parts done and chip away. There are some other attainable weps available. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

I'm glad someone got the joke =)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

EQ1 epic grind memories fade slowly, if at all....
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Got a bunch done last night since there was no room for me in raid...

Bought 2 of 3 attunable robes - Need last update from Karnor's Xygoz room
Finished Robe of Oracle HQ
Got 50,000 max faction with Riliss

Couple things for this weekend:

1. Go to Nektropos 3 and harvest the 15-page Our Lady of Betrayal collection pages (will need to respecc for FD or bring a friend)
2. Get groups for:
- Triggered encounter (85^^^) in KJ
- KC - Xygoz
- Triggered encounter (85^^^) in Fens
3. Running around...
4. Killing buttload of Di'Zok in Chardok
5. Triggered encounter (85^^^) in Teren's Grasp
6. Complete Vaults
7. Final encounter - Skyfire Temple of White Lady(or something like that)

Actually not that bad, as long as folks are availabe to help. :D
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Mystic epic is pretty damn easy compared to that.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

The epics are pretty unbalanced in how hard it is to complete. Of course none even come close to approaching the insanity that is the Pirate Jones fight.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well, it would have been tougher had I not found 2 of the robes on broker (SoS, Poet's). The alternative method would involve Chardok Library and Deep Seb.

The other bitch is Nek3. I cannot do it solo, and even if I respec to FD, it may still be a royal PITA. Hoping to grab a couple people to do this, it is all low 70s, so maybe can convince a certain mystic to help. :P

All 3 triggered encounters should be ok with full group, and 2 of them can be done within 30 minutes or so since I have to run to JW docks in between.

Chardok is just killing 80+^^^ and Vaults is straight up easy. Just a lot of busywork really. Cyre is working on his ranger epic as well, so maybe we can combine efforts in a couple cases.

Will be fun weekend!
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

The Pirate Jones fight is totally unbalanced. Hell, Goto ended up paying 50pp for mercenary group to complete the one for his swash...

Hey Kil, wanna join me in Nek3??? :D :D :D
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Sadly, I tanked Pirate Jones on our first ever view of it down to under 30% with a group of 5 of us. We beat it on the second attempt when our paladin came back from his /afk. I know of people who have failed this fight 60+ times already.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'm down. I hit 72 last night and need to start chasing down some adept IIIs with my Fire Emeralds.

Otherwise I'm just working on Fens quests tonight.

I still have the Terren's Grasp quest to kill Xalgoz as well. I haven't been in KC since I was 68 and everything was Yellow/Orange.

Mystic Epic does look pretty easy comparatively, and the Mythical is just 3 additional drops (*cough*Hoshkar in Veeshan's Peak*cough*), but I've resigned myself to getting it when I'm able to versus right off the bat. I'll gladly help you and others who need help as I'm able to (still trying to level up).
- Ash
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:Mystic epic is pretty damn easy compared to that.
I thought the caster-only fight in Stormhold was nifty!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yeah, that was a hoot.

Finished my fabled epic last night then promptly beat down Ikaro with it. :)
I pummeled SJ down to about 2% before I took a dirtnap.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I'm still several steps from completing mine. I was farming the wyverns for the drop in skyfire over lunch today, and I died twice to one of them. It took me up until the moment I died the second time to realize that it was a named. I usually approach those a bit differently since I can take a few hits from normal wyverns when root breaks...
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Wizard epic eh? I was helping Dawnkelli with hers and I was like lvl76 or so...got thoroughly tooled by all them lizards.

We were in asslingville last night to help sylvos with his...BEEEEEESSSSSSS
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Hey Ash, Let's see if we can get a Xalgoz group tonight or this weekend. If I end up going, I will be happy to go again when you are around!

Are there any prelim steps to your epic? Hate that you have to be 80 to start questline.

Much appreciated re: Nek3 help. Should be good exp there for you. we may need another, but am not sure as I never made it past first encounter. ><

As far as Fens, lemme know and I will be happy to help!

Hoping to get another 3 runs of CoA this weekend, if possible. Carotidcutter kinda rare, but we got one for Smaukin the other night.

As far as Adept IIIs, talk to Grouchie. Maybe Shallow/Marney.Grouchie has been doing my spells for me. :)

edit: Talk to Capricia about spellmaking. His alt is a sage.

---sorry for truncated paraphrasing.
en kærlighed småkager
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Aardor wrote:
So, it looks like the Brig epic is easier thatn the swashy epic. Aside from that, I am guessing it is still not so easy.
Where is Obsidian Guard when you need them???????
So many people used our guild for their epics. It was awful. haha
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Got a lot done this weekend with the help of awesome guild peeps. Here is what is left:

Kill buttload of Di'Zok in Chardok for updates (40 each of 3 different parts)

Kill 85^^^ and pals in Teren's Grasp

Complete Vaults run

Final encounter in Skyfire - Temple of the White Lady
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Canelek wrote:Hey Ash, Let's see if we can get a Xalgoz group tonight or this weekend. If I end up going, I will be happy to go again when you are around!

Are there any prelim steps to your epic? Hate that you have to be 80 to start questline.
Need the DOF undead language (Whispers of Death).
Need Iksar language (black Tome).

Only parts that require a group:

Timeworn Spirit in KJ can be done in a group of 2 or 3.
Tomb Of Valor step requires a decent caster heavy group (real fun fight).
One Eye of Thule kill in Shard of Fear (could probably be done solo, I duod it with Mid)
30~ skeletons in Karnors.
Vault of Eternal Sleep (probably gonna be running it every couple days anyway).
4 Spiritwracked mobs (KJ, JW, Fens, Karnors)
Final instance in Hidden Vale (Antonica)

The rest is quite easy and can be done solo.
I did the majority of the quest in a single afternoon.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

That doesn't sound too bad.

hey Ash, get 80! :P
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Yeah yeah, I hit 73 last night, but the going is slow.

I have Death's Whispers (whatever), am working on Black Tome collection now since I'm in Fens.

I almost ran into the Spiritwracked Sokokor... yikes!
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Just kidding, ya know! You make great progress when online. :)

I think I found most of the black book pages around the Cabilis area (poor ruined city). :( Makes for an easy run while doing quest to get the fragments or whatever.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ashur wrote:Yeah yeah, I hit 73 last night, but the going is slow.

I have Death's Whispers (whatever), am working on Black Tome collection now since I'm in Fens.

I almost ran into the Spiritwracked Sokokor... yikes!
Yeah, I haven't been on much lately but I am at 73 right now too, and I'm also in Fens. I think Fens has been a good part of the reason I haven't been on, I hate that zone. I am gonna get on sometime this week and get to 74/75 and get the hell out of there for good.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Oh yeah baby.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Gnome Gay Pride Day?

P.S. I shouldn't laugh, Canelek was saying I looked like Spiderman in my 72 Reverent Chain suit.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Actually, it looked more like an ill-fitting Christmas sweater. ;)
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

No progress last night as nobody was on to help! :P
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I may be on late tonight (well, for me, 9pmish for you) but probably won't be back on until tomorrow.

I have an every-Tuesday evening social engagement that lasts until midnight. When I have energy still (especially if we wrap up early), I jump online for a few hours.

I also have an every-other Monday and every-other Thursday engagements as well, which happened to be this past Thursday and Monday, so after tonight I should be free in the evenings after I get my daughter to bed until next Tuesday. Her bedtime is 8PM, but trying to get started online at that time is an exercise in futility. It takes about 30-60 minutes until she's actually asleep and not prone to interrupt what I'm doing.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

2 parts to go! :D

Complete Vaults run in Charasis

Final fight at Temple of White Lady in Skyfire

wuwuwuwuwu
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

You'll have it before I'm "hardcore" enough to help. I'm a butthair away from 74. :(

That said, grats!

Also, Epics aside, Is there anything as uber as Anaphalaxis for a shaman that's questable? (not even necessarily a weapon)
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ashur wrote:You'll have it before I'm "hardcore" enough to help. I'm a butthair away from 74. :(

That said, grats!

Also, Epics aside, Is there anything as uber as Anaphalaxis for a shaman that's questable? (not even necessarily a weapon)
Star of Morning's Glory can be quested from the broker.

http://www.lootdb.com/eq2/item/-1963772472
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

No worries, Ash! You are just about ready for Kunzar Jungle, where exp will increase per quest--there is also some nice gear to buy w/ faction...at least I think there is good shammie gear.

Right aboat 77 is good time to start w/ Jarsath....Overthere to around HS area, then Skyfire. While gaining the 3 factions required for OT Hammer, you will have repeatables for huge exp. to get you to 80 licketyfukingsplit...

Not to mention you are almost ready to hit CoA and Vaults, which are awesome exp.....
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

lol Miir, god - quested from the Broker ;) That's a nice weapon. I wonder what the going rate is (or how common it is if I decide to "quest it" from Gruplinort's cold dead hands).

I currently have one of the MC shortspears and Tumpy's Tankard as a blunt, although I'm still down on my blunt weapon skill (less than 100 off max now, but enough that I don't feel safe going up against Kunark MOBs solo with the number of misses I'd get) - waiting for this Training Wall thing Canelek was talking about.

Canelek, I did a rough count and I think I have about 15-17 more quests to go in Fens. I counted L&L as quests, as they are, but I won't cry if I've moved on and I'm still missing a fishman's eyeball to study or whatever. There's a few quests I think that require level 74, so I haven't been able to work on those yet. I was glad to get done with the Thugga item quest even though I can't wear it yet.

When I get online I can knock off 10 or so on a good night, so I don't see myself in Fens for more than another night or so, so it's likely at this point I'll hit Kunzar this week as a level 74 Mystic and hope to make 75 by end of week (76 if Kunzar is good to me).
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Fuck Fens...

I've been dragging my illusionist to 80 and I swear that's the last fucking time I will do that zone. I don't care if I have to run eleventyfuckingbillion T7 instances, I will go fucking postal if I ever have to run that zone again.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:Fuck Fens...

I've been dragging my illusionist to 80 and I swear that's the last fucking time I will do that zone. I don't care if I have to run eleventyfuckingbillion T7 instances, I will go fucking postal if I ever have to run that zone again.
You still in the fens range? I was on a bit last night but didn't see you, and I might get on again more this week if I have someone to suffer through fens with. I just want to get to 74 there, then I can move on and get back to enjoying myself.

Fuck Fens indeed. I want to know who thought it was a good idea to make a massive high level questing zone and make 60% of the quests available in it obnoxious fucking collection quests.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I went on a TS writ rampage yesterday afternoon on Kizzie (yay guild ding 80) and was pretty burnt out by the evening.

Finished off as many Fens quests as I could... all the while trying to suppress the rage. Did a quick romp through HOF then parked my ass in KJ at level 75.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

God damnit, maybe I'll just try and do some fucking instances instead. My will is just not strong enough to deal with fens on my own. :lol:
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I really don't mind the Fens except the quests don't seem to grant much in the way of experience. I've done like 60-some and only gotten a level and a half (if I recall). Once you get the faction with Sarnaks and Iksar there's about half the MOBs that are non-KOS, which makes running around easier, although there's a HELL of a lot of running around to get happy with all (what) 4 factions (Rillis, Balthezid, Bullywhumper, Drogan Exiles)?

Kunzar Jungle looks like it has just as many quests if not more.

Instances are certainly a shitload more exp...
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

More quests, more faction. ;)

Luckily, there are some nice items to be bought w/ good faction.

Also, this is where you start to see nice Legendary gear as quest rewards. :) Many, many writs available too, so some mobs will get you 3-4 quest updates, which is nice. Another added bonus is that there is a sokokar post next to Seb as well as a broker in Jinsk....just make sure NOT to go to Jink until you have completed the quest to deliver some rugs (and I do not mean hookers)....everything is going to be KoS at first, and there are like 6 factions.

Luckily, it only takes an initial quest to make you non-KoS with any faction.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Funkmasterr wrote:God damnit, maybe I'll just try and do some fucking instances instead. My will is just not strong enough to deal with fens on my own. :lol:
Heh, log on fucker and I'll help you run through some KJ questlines.
Busy week for me though, so I won't be on until later most nights.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:God damnit, maybe I'll just try and do some fucking instances instead. My will is just not strong enough to deal with fens on my own. :lol:
Heh, log on fucker and I'll help you run through some KJ questlines.
Busy week for me though, so I won't be on until later most nights.
Same here, fucking work. I will be on tonight or tomorrow, probably later as well.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Ashur wrote:lol Miir, god - quested from the Broker ;) That's a nice weapon. I wonder what the going rate is [...]
4p, and the LoN booster I just listed was the least expensive at 13p. :lol:

Hit 74 and got like ~ 1/3 of the way through it. I didn't finish as many quests as I would have liked to because I had no idea what a PITA Sleeping Potions was going to be.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

1 step to go! :D

Hopefully will be able to get it done tonight--have to miss Overking tonight due to work, but will be on later.

We were doing Vaults last night--had to find a pickup healer since Sirensa had to log out and Elkay's friend was still in MC.

Anyways, here is a synopsis:

Elkay: Want a 79 Warden?
Group: Sure...
<Mysticdrew has joined the group>
/gu WTF!!!
Ventrillo(various voices): Ummm, you are kidding right?
Ventrillo(elkay): What? You guys said you wanted the Warden...
Ventrillo(various): You know, Mysticdrew is like the worst healer on Guk, right?

Later...

Mysticdrew: Hay Elkay, u in defensive?
Elkay: Huh?
Mysticdrew: OMG you pulled 4 at a time, I am like WOW!
Mysticdrew: Want a fig?
Mysticdrew: Want a figbar?
Mysticdrew: Pull to this room! Let me pull.

--somehow we got evacced at this point...

Mysticdrew: OK, I heal U now
Elkay: Umm, sorry this isn't going to work out...
<Mysticdrew has left the group>

So apparently, there are 2 of the absolute worst players/healers worldwide, who are both on Guk. Mysticdrew is one of them. Not only are these folks just plain bad at playing, they are notorious channelspammers. Think Searx persona-split into 2 people....

Took me a while initially to realize that I had mysticdrew on ignore...

I'll try to remember to pull the transcript from logs...some funny shit in there! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Hrm, I can't relate.

The first thing I did on each tier is take myself out of the channel for the new tier. I may miss opportunities, but I also get to miss retards.

Yeah, soloing my way to 80 is slower, but of my 4 PUGs so far, (real PUGs, not guild groups and not just a quick hookup with someone on the same quest I'm on), 3 were disasters. After grouping with quality people for so many years my tolerance for idiots is very low.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Can't argue there! :D I only keep channel open to try and trade for brigand T8 masters...and there are a few people that I have grouped with outside of guild that are exceptional players. Certainly a lesser-quality of player in general in eq2 as opposed the old days, where it was actually quite an accomplishment to make it to a higher level (not that there were not exceptions there too!).
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

All it takes to get to high level is time. I always remind myself of that when I start to assume someone high level is a quality player. Hell, I'm still figuring out shit about this game, so I'm no exception.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Hah! You and me both bro! There are quite a few folks that make n00blets like us look like VP-geared 24/7 folks! :P

Oh, and I was curious to see if mysticdrew had irked any other folks....yup:

http://www.eq2flames.com/rate-retard/21 ... -post.html
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Grats bro on the new weapon and Ganek's Torque. Thanks for dragging me along to Howling Stones.
- Ash