Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

American Idol 7

Post by Siji »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpVuogzmWhg

I'm not a big reality show watcher, but there's nothing else on right now worth watching so.. For anyone that hasn't been watching American Idol, check out the video above. I liked Josiah Leming and was disappointed he didn't make the top 24, but after seeing David Archuleta do this version of "Imagine" by John Lennon I've got to say if he doesn't win the competition it'll be about as lame as Taylor "I cant even kick a mic stand" Hicks having won.

I was genuinely moved watching this and think he did a fantastic job (regardless of whether you like the show or not). The rest of the contestants pretty much suck, but this was impressive.
Last edited by Siji on March 21, 2008, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: David Archuleta

Post by Spang »

Yeah, but can he rap?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

He's definitely good... I still prefer Jason Castro.
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Jason Castro? Really?

David is one hell of a singer. It does look like it's his to lose.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Didn't care for it.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Ok, so did anyone see Jason Castro's performance of Hallelujah on Tuesday?

I'd be interested in knowing what Drolgin specifically thought since he guffawed at my new husband (Jason Castro) and he sang one of his all-time favorite songs rather decently this week.
Laneela
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

laneela wrote:Ok, so did anyone see Jason Castro's performance of Hallelujah on Tuesday?

I'd be interested in knowing what Drolgin specifically thought since he guffawed at my new husband (Jason Castro) and he sang one of his all-time favorite songs rather decently this week.

Google images shows Jason Castro as this guy:

Is that you beside him?

Here's where I got that from:

http://images.google.com/images?q='jason+castro
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Haha. He's not my literal husband. He doesn't know he's the father of my unborn children yet.
Laneela
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

I thought Castro did well, nothing spectacular. I've heard the song so many times in so many interpretations and they all sound eerily like a mix between Buckley and Cale - he didn't disappoint!
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:David is one hell of a singer. It does look like it's his to lose.
David Archuleta and David Hernandes were both fucking awful last night.

David number 3 was pretty forgettable until he did that smokin' rendition of Lionel Richie's Hello and he kicked ass last night as well. He's got a bit too much of an eddie vedder thing going on but he's got such a huge voice.

I couldn't stand Chikezie until last night. His performance was awesome.

The Amanda, Brooke and Jason Castro had excelent performances as usual.
The Filipino girl was terrible.

The rest of the performances were pretty forgettable.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

miir wrote:David Archuleta and David Hernandes were both fucking awful last night.
Definitely. Archuleta's weakness seems to be lyrics under pressure. Let's hope that it doesn't continue. For someone with vocal paralysis, he's pretty impressive.
miir wrote:David number 3 was pretty forgettable until he did that smokin' rendition of Lionel Richie's Hello and he kicked ass last night as well.
I wasn't really a fan of his until the other night. He did the Beatles pretty well, and showed that he can be a decent frontman. As for possibly winning - I just don't see it.
miir wrote:I couldn't stand Chikezie until last night. His performance was awesome.
Ditto. That rocked. Don't think he can win (unless he can pull that off every time from now until then), but he's good.
miir wrote:Jason Castro
It's driving me insane trying to figure out who he reminds me of with his smiling and head nodding manner. I'm not very impressed by him, especially when he talks outside of a song. Only time I've heard Hallelujah was when Bon Jovi covered it (which I think they did an exceptional job of). I've listened to the Buckley and the original versions since then and didn't like those either.
miir wrote:The Filipino girl was terrible.
Dunno, she stayed on key and sang well but like they said it was boring. There were worse..

For the love of all that is good and decent in the world, will someone please kick the screaming, zero personality, worthless voice, ridiculous hair colored woman that the judges seem to be in love with? I mean, wtf.. she can't fucking sing. That she made it into the top 24 blew me away. That other more worthy and talented singers have been removed while she's stayed just pisses me off.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

For the love of all that is good and decent in the world, will someone please kick the screaming, zero personality, worthless voice, ridiculous hair colored woman that the judges seem to be in love with? I mean, wtf.. she can't fucking sing. That she made it into the top 24 blew me away. That other more worthy and talented singers have been removed while she's stayed just pisses me off.
I kinda like her.
Her voice has a ton of personality and she's chosen some good songs.
I don't think she's got any chance of winning but I do look forward to her performances.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Gah! I just don't get it.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

wtf another week of the Beatles?
Joel McHale wrote: Yoko Ono, cancer, assassins, and one-legged gold diggers are no longer the worst things to happen to the Beatles.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Pretty bad show last night.
Highlights for me were the word SHIT not getting bleeped and Ryan's sarcasm when doing the Iphone and Coke promotions.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

She's gone! There IS a God! Best show evah!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: American Idol 7

Post by miir »

Awful show last night.
Except for the last 5 minutes.
Holy crap that was good.
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Yeah, David Cook is awesome. I didn't think the Australian was awful though. I actually quite enjoyed it. I have to say that the girls this season annoy the hell out of me (with the exception of Brooke). As does David Archuletta.
Laneela
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Funny, Brook annoys the hell out of me. The 70's peace train is over, go away.

Holy fuck David Cook did well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0AsSj7sCR0

Archuletta did well, but doing a song nobody knows in a popularity contest isn't the brightest idea. The Irish woman (not Australian - I used to think she was also) Carly did ok, but not great imo.

I think, if it goes on talent, that it's going to come down to the two Davids. Imagine and Billy Jean are my two personal favorite performances so far. It might be one of the Davids and Carly too.. who knows.

Prediction for elimination is Ramiele or Michael. Can't stand Michael Johns. Dude, you're not Michael Hutchence, give it up.

Kristy Lee Cook won't get eliminated just because she did a patriotic song (and granted, it was her best performance). I think that's the reason Simon said it was a clever song choice. "Cant be unpatriotic and vote her out!" But her days are certainly numbered.

PS: Jason Castro could go away and nobody would notice.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

First of all, I would like to point out that having dreadlocks if you are NOT from somewhere in the caribbean immediately makes you a douchebag.

That being said (I think you can see where this is going) I think the dude with the dreads needs to go stat. While I will say I am impressed that he seems to have done all of his performances while high as hell, the guy is not much of a singer and is very, very forgettable.

Edit: Jason Castro it is, I guess I completely agree with you on that one, siji.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I would also like to say that I think it's about time they got rid of seacrest. I say this not only because he is an unfunny, pompous, arrogant douchebag. I also say this because his bickering with simon used to be his only redeeming quality, but their bickering has grown old and has completely lost any humor value it had.

They should just put him back on some kind of TRL show so the only people that have to look at him are the 13 year old girls that like him.
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Bottom 3 tonight is going to be:

Ramiel Malubay
Chikezie
Kristy Lee Cook

Chikezie or Kristy Lee Cook will go home. I don't think enough people will vote for Kristy to keep her safe though she did play it smart this week. Unfortunately, it was a couple of weeks late and American Idol, whether you want to admit it or not, *is* a popularity contest. I watch it because it's entertaining but I in no way actually think that the most talented will win.

Had you asked me 3 weeks ago, I would've told you that the final 3 would be Michael Johns, Carly Smithson and David Archuletta, with David winning the whole thing, but now I can only break it down to the final six, adding David Cook, Jason Castro and Brooke White to that list.

MARK MY WORDS.
Laneela
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

My wife, unfortunately, watches the hell out of this show.

My comments:

1. Fuck iTunes for allowing my wife to spend my money to download MP4s of this live crap AND the "studio" versions of this live crap (Now I'm out $1.98 every time one of these soon-to-be-has-been-kareokee shits doesn't suck... thanks fuckers!).

2. David Cook sounds like the lead singer of Nickleback. This is in his favor. I do hate his hair.

3. My four-year old daughter summed up Castro pretty well. "Daddy, that man looks like a lady." *thinks a moment* "He sings like like a lady too." Amen, Pookie, that he does, and terribly. (yes, I hate his hair as well)

4. The women are mostly terrible (especially the filipino/japanese/asian girl). I like how the Irish chick sounds, but her songs don't do anything for me. Covers don't move me. They should let them sing original shit so this isn't such a kareoke contest.

5. The men are mostly terrible.

6. Simon's tear-downs are still the only real entertainment on this show. I'd like to see him punch Seacrest and bloody his nose just to see Ryan bend over with the blood streaming down his face going "You boke my node you asshole. I'm gonna tue your limey add" and then watch Simon laugh and proclaim "It was worth it you pompus shitbag.
- Ash
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ashur wrote:My wife, unfortunately, watches the hell out of this show.

My comments:

1. Fuck iTunes for allowing my wife to spend my money to download MP4s of this live crap AND the "studio" versions of this live crap (Now I'm out $1.98 every time one of these soon-to-be-has-been-kareokee shits doesn't suck... thanks fuckers!).

2. David Cook sounds like the lead singer of Nickleback. This is in his favor. I do hate his hair.

3. My four-year old daughter summed up Castro pretty well. "Daddy, that man looks like a lady." *thinks a moment* "He sings like like a lady too." Amen, Pookie, that he does, and terribly. (yes, I hate his hair as well)

4. The women are mostly terrible (especially the filipino/japanese/asian girl). I like how the Irish chick sounds, but her songs don't do anything for me. Covers don't move me. They should let them sing original shit so this isn't such a kareoke contest.

5. The men are mostly terrible.

6. Simon's tear-downs are still the only real entertainment on this show. I'd like to see him punch Seacrest and bloody his nose just to see Ryan bend over with the blood streaming down his face going "You boke my node you asshole. I'm gonna tue your limey add" and then watch Simon laugh and proclaim "It was worth it you pompus shitbag.

Agree and agree, not to mention that made me laugh my ass off. :lol:
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

laneela wrote:Chikezie
Didn't see that coming. Probably because I'm thinking talent wise, and while he couldn't win I think he's better than several that are still there. His last 2 performances sucked though, so..
laneela wrote:Had you asked me 3 weeks ago, I would've told you that the final 3 would be Michael Johns, Carly Smithson and David Archuletta, with David winning the whole thing
Michael Johns for real? Eew. He's not good looking (-popularity points) and he isn't a very good singer (-talent points). He always looks like he needs to take a shit and is hoping his pre-shit farts aren't making it to the microphone.
laneela wrote:but now I can only break it down to the final six, adding David Cook, Jason Castro and Brooke White to that list.
Quoted for future reference. I'll be surprised if Brooke White makes it to the top 4. She's not very attractive and guys aren't very into that whole "im a wholesome virgin" thing unless you look like a slut at the same time (ala Brittney). That, and girls are stronger fans than guys. That puts it on the Davids since they're decent looking. Though Carly has chance since she looks kind of sexah for male votes.

I'll also be surprised if Castro makes it to the top 6. I only give him that far because the phillipino girl and the tomboy girl will likely go first, along with hopefully Michael Johns.
laneela wrote:MARK MY WORDS.
Marked!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

chikezie (seriously, what a stupid fucking name) was bound to go home, and here is why I think it happened.

Pretty simple, this is a pop contest and right now pretty much all pop r&B (which I think anyone would agree that is what he would do if he got a record deal) is made by dudes that are like 15-20 years old.. That's really it, he's too old for the genre in my opinion..

That being said, if a no talent douchebag like T Payne can get a record deal, I'm pretty sure Chikezie will end up getting one too. I just don't like him because he reminds me of Kanye West almost to the T, and one of him in the music industry is already too much.
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Siji wrote:
laneela wrote:Chikezie
Didn't see that coming. Probably because I'm thinking talent wise, and while he couldn't win I think he's better than several that are still there. His last 2 performances sucked though, so..
laneela wrote:Had you asked me 3 weeks ago, I would've told you that the final 3 would be Michael Johns, Carly Smithson and David Archuletta, with David winning the whole thing
Michael Johns for real? Eew. He's not good looking (-popularity points) and he isn't a very good singer (-talent points). He always looks like he needs to take a shit and is hoping his pre-shit farts aren't making it to the microphone.
laneela wrote:but now I can only break it down to the final six, adding David Cook, Jason Castro and Brooke White to that list.
Quoted for future reference. I'll be surprised if Brooke White makes it to the top 4. She's not very attractive and guys aren't very into that whole "im a wholesome virgin" thing unless you look like a slut at the same time (ala Brittney). That, and girls are stronger fans than guys. That puts it on the Davids since they're decent looking. Though Carly has chance since she looks kind of sexah for male votes.

I'll also be surprised if Castro makes it to the top 6. I only give him that far because the phillipino girl and the tomboy girl will likely go first, along with hopefully Michael Johns.
laneela wrote:MARK MY WORDS.
Marked!
It's funny, as I was watching it, I was certain that either Chikezie or Kristy was going to go home. When Kristy wasn't even in the bottom 3, I doubted my AI prediction skills but in retrospect, I didn't give the whole patriotic song enough weight. (I have to say I loved Randy's "That's one of my favorite songs" comment - bullshit it is, DOG. That song is crap and we all know it.) Syesha being in the bottom 3 didn't surprise me, it was a toss up between her and Ramiel, and I leaned towards Ramiel because Syesha had a good week. The next to go will be Kristy, followed by Ramiel and Syesha (the So. FL girls) and I don't know or care in what order. From then on, it's a crap shoot.

David Archuletta and Jason Castro have the girl votes (and if you doubt me on Jason Castro, youtube him and read the comments). David Cook has the emo votes. Carly has the "I'm pretending to know something about music" votes. Michael Johns has the mom votes (a LOT of Michael Hutchence references). The sixth spot is left for Ramiel, Syesha and Brooke and I'm leaning towards Brooke. She's proven to be more talented and has a TON more personality than the other 2.

Am I disturbed and think about this way too much? Damn right I do. Men work out all the logistics and stats on their foosball games, I have American Idol. =P

If I had to put down money today, this is what I think now will happen over the next 8 weeks, but of course, performances and judges' comments can change things.

9. Kristy Lee Cook
8. Ramiel Mullaby
7. Syesha Mercado
6. Brooke White
5. Jason Castro
4. Michael Johns
3. David Archuletta

FINAL: David Cook v Carly Smithson
Laneela
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

laneela wrote:If I had to put down money today, this is what I think now will happen over the next 8 weeks, but of course, performances and Simon's comments can change things.
Fixed for you! Randy's full of shit and Paula is just a pep squad leader there to offer moral support.
- Ash
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Randy needs a larger f'n vocabulary. I'm so sick of hearing, "So check it out" and his calling everyone "man".

My predictions I'll do in groups, because as you said it's going to come down to song choice/performance..

Lack of talent round:
{Kristy Lee Cook, Ramiel Mullaby}

Who are you again round:
{Michael Johns, Syesha Mercado}

Corruption of fake innocence:
{Brooke White, Jason Castro}

You're good, but someone's gotta go:
{David Archuletta, Carly Smithson}

Winner: David Cook

The final 3 is kind of a toss up due to it depending on performance and song choice. If Archuletta gets to the final 3 and pulls off another "Imagine" type performance, he'll make it to the finals. If he does some unknown song like he did this week, he's going home. Also, Carly needs to be very wise about her song choices to make it to the final 3/2 as well. If she doesn't, I predict it'll be the Davids in the end. If Cook tries to rock too much he's going to lose his momentum as well. (ala Daughtry)

Of course, Taylor "cant even kick a mic stand" Hicks won, so for all I know this year it'll be Kristy Lee Cook as the winner.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Siji wrote:Randy needs a larger f'n vocabulary. I'm so sick of hearing, "So check it out" and his calling everyone "man".

My predictions I'll do in groups, because as you said it's going to come down to song choice/performance..

Lack of talent round:

Who are you again round:

The final 3 is kind of a toss up due to it depending on performance and song choice. If Archuletta gets to the final 3 and pulls off another "Imagine" type performance, he'll make it to the finals. If he does some unknown song like he did this week, he's going home. Also, Carly needs to be very wise about her song choices to make it to the final 3/2 as well. If she doesn't, I predict it'll be the Davids in the end. If Cook tries to rock too much he's going to lose his momentum as well. (ala Daughtry)

Of course, Taylor "cant even kick a mic stand" Hicks won, so for all I know this year it'll be Kristy Lee Cook as the winner.
Yeah Taylor Hicks was garbage.. and the second place girl ended up outselling him by far (even though they both had shit record sales which is par for american idol winners/contestants). Then again Fantasia won also, and every time I hear her perform I wonder who in the hell could possibly want to listen to her. The list goes on, definitely proving that the most talented of the bunch won't necessarily win, and actually doesn't in most cases.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I haven't watched this show in ages. But I just wanted to add because I saw people making fun of Randy.

Randy is the whitest black man ever. He tries to compensate for this with his vocab of awkwardly overused street slang.
I mean, his largest single music credit is being the replacement bass player for Journey when Steve Perry fired the band. JOURNEY!
Outside of that, he was a studio session musician for quite a few artists.

These are of course, my absurdly silly (and slightly drunk) opinions.

Back to your serious discussion about this year's stuff.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Not that I'm a fan of his, but you got me curious as to his background.. He's got a few more claims to fame than Journey..

Excerpts from Wiki..
Grammy Award winning rock bassist, singer, record producer and Emmy Award-nominated television and radio personality.

Jackson played bass in violin virtuoso Jean-Luc Ponty's backing band. His numerous credits range from playing with Aretha Franklin, Bruce Springsteen, Journey, George Michael, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Billy Cobham, Blue Öyster Cult, Herbie Hancock, Richard Marx, Madonna, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Michael Bolton, and Bob Dylan to playing at the Grand Ole Opry with The Charlie Daniels Band. His production/songwriting work in the San Francisco Bay area with Narada Michael Walden and Walter Afanasieff led Jackson to be quite in demand as a producer himself.

While in the Bay Area, Jackson played in bands with Carlos Santana and Jerry Garcia. Jackson was bass guitarist for Tracy Chapman and is featured on several tracks of her 1992 release, Matters of the Heart. Jackson also played bass on Bruce Springsteen's hit "Human Touch". Jackson has also recorded, produced, or toured with many well-known artists and bands, ranging from Mariah Carey to *NSYNC, Céline Dion, Wild Orchid, Stryper, and Madonna. He has also worked as an executive, spending eight years as vice president of artists and repertoire (A&R) at Columbia Records and four years heading A&R at MCA Records.
Of course, Nsync, Celine and Stryper confirm what you said. He very well could be the whitest black man alive.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Siji wrote:Not that I'm a fan of his, but you got me curious as to his background.. He's got a few more claims to fame than Journey..

Excerpts from Wiki..
Grammy Award winning rock bassist, singer, record producer and Emmy Award-nominated television and radio personality.

Jackson played bass in violin virtuoso Jean-Luc Ponty's backing band. His numerous credits range from playing with Aretha Franklin, Bruce Springsteen, Journey, George Michael, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Billy Cobham, Blue Öyster Cult, Herbie Hancock, Richard Marx, Madonna, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Michael Bolton, and Bob Dylan to playing at the Grand Ole Opry with The Charlie Daniels Band. His production/songwriting work in the San Francisco Bay area with Narada Michael Walden and Walter Afanasieff led Jackson to be quite in demand as a producer himself.

While in the Bay Area, Jackson played in bands with Carlos Santana and Jerry Garcia. Jackson was bass guitarist for Tracy Chapman and is featured on several tracks of her 1992 release, Matters of the Heart. Jackson also played bass on Bruce Springsteen's hit "Human Touch". Jackson has also recorded, produced, or toured with many well-known artists and bands, ranging from Mariah Carey to *NSYNC, Céline Dion, Wild Orchid, Stryper, and Madonna. He has also worked as an executive, spending eight years as vice president of artists and repertoire (A&R) at Columbia Records and four years heading A&R at MCA Records.
Of course, Nsync, Celine and Stryper confirm what you said. He very well could be the whitest black man alive.

Hell, anyone would play with any of those groups for the money :)

I think Tiger Woods is definitely whiter than Randy ever has been or will be.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Listen up, hey listen up. You looked like you were really tryin' out there, dawg, but I dunno, it just didn't do anything for me man. I don't think that song is your style, so like why the hell do we force you dawgs to sing a style that's not yours? I dunno man, I'm just here for color.
- Ash
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Keeping it most real, dawg. For me, for you, that just wasn't the right song choice. It just not for me, man, not for me.
Laneela
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ummm, Randy Jackson is black?
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

I wasn't surprised at Chikezie leaving. He was actually who I guessed would go this week. Not having a strong fan base and a kind of forgettable performance near the beginning of the show often equals a quick exit on Idol. I wasn't particularly surprised not to see Kristy in the bottom three either. I am sure the patriotic nature of the song helped some, but I think probably just as important (if not so) is that she finally got to sing a country song and did a decent job with it. I think there are quite a few people that like country that watch Idol and they really haven't had someone who was mainly a country singer to root for since Pickler left in season 5. Next week is Dolly Parton week so don't be too surprised if she hangs around another week as well.

Ones who I think have virtually no chance winning.
Syesha, Michael Johns, Kristy, Ramiele, Jason Castro

Ones who I think has very little chance of winning but has at least a decent chance to get top 3/4 and an outside shot at the finals.
Brooke

Ones with slight more, but still crappy chances of winning but has a good chance at top 3/4 and a decent shot at the finals
Carly

Ones with a decent chance of actually winning and almost assured of top 3/4 and a good shot at the finals.
David C

Ones who, despite some recent stumbles, has the best chance of winning and is almost a mortal lock for the finals.
David A
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Dolly Parton week? Who the fuck thinks of this shit? Who, in 2008, gives a fucks ass about Dolly Parton and/or knows any of her songs? Even the Beatles was a stretch. 2 week of The Beatles was a waste.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

These stupid theme weeks are retarded. They should just let them sing whatever the fuck they want and judge them accordingly. They take so many people who have a modicum of talent and force them to sing these stupid theme weeks when in many cases it's entirely against type (look, the guy who wants to sing ballads has to sing reggae this week! Oh, the gospel singer has to sing Queen covers, haha!)

I'm not saying I like this show, but they create these retarded situations that drive me up the wall when my wife forces me to watch.
- Ash
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Haha. I love the "my wife forces me" excuse. =P

You know you love it. Man up and admit it! There's no way your wife chains you to the couch to watch it.

<3 Ash
Laneela
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Nope. I don't love it. Sorry Laneela, but much <3 back.

If I have the misfortune to get home while she's watching the DVR of the previous night's shows she drags me in "Please, just watch this ONE song and tell me what you think." and I invariably say "I'll agree with Simon, so why bother?" but she says it'll be fun and who am I to be a jerk? So I end up suffering through these horrible (mostly) performances and then she FASTS FORWARDS THROUGH THE JUDGES and I'm like "Woah! You're skipping the entertainment part!"
- Ash
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Ashur wrote:she FASTS FORWARDS THROUGH THE JUDGES and I'm like "Woah! You're skipping the entertainment part!"
Go down on her while she's watching. Your ears will be covered for all of it.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

My four year old (also in the room) would be confused by that part...

P.S. Also not trying to find ways to make American Idol more enjoyable for her
- Ash
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

So do what I do and ask 17 billion questions while watching it. It has seemed to work wonders for me. I swear it's been ages since I was last manipulated into watching something I didn't feel like watching (going to the movies is different - I'm talking about daily tv here). If all else fails, whining usually seals the deal.

Passive/aggressiveness ftw!
Laneela
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

After tonight I think my predictions are still on track!

Simon obviously not a Dolly fan. Really getting sick of Paula Abdul.
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

I don't know... I think you're underestimating Michael Johns' appeal. I completely agree with the rest of your predictions though. Especially because they look almost identical to mine!

edit: Last night's episode was particularly boring for me (for you). But the ropa vieja I made for dinner while it was on was AWESOME.
Laneela
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Does David Cook have a drug problem?... I think pseudo-fame has gone to his head a little early. The natural order of things is record deal first, over-dose second.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Everyone sucked tonight. That is all.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Siji wrote:Lack of talent round:

Who are you again round:

Cook pulled a surprise upset this week, and I don't get why Michael Johns getting the boot was such a surprise from the bottom 3 this week. Of the 3 he was certainly the one that should have gone. He's certainly no Steven Tyler and was WAY out of his league with 'Dream On'. I also have to say that I think the judges need to not give indication as to whether they think any particular contestant is 'going to be in trouble' for the week as I believe it influences people. She didn't do great, but Carly shouldn't have been in the bottom 3. Brooke's performance was completely lacking any talent and was boring as hell. I thought for sure she might get the boot for it.

Song selection this week sucked balls.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Lack of talent round:

Who are you again round:

Half tempted to swap Syesha and Brooke as Brooke has been sucking more than usual lately.