NHL Trade Deadline Day

What do you think about the sports world?
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

NHL Trade Deadline Day

Post by Wulfran »

The most anticipated day in hockey! In the NFL people build to the draft, but in hockey they build to the trade deadline. Its kind of funny because usually there are a bunch of deals but a) the big, shaker deals never seem to do it for the season that the deal occurs in and b) a lot of time there is hype about some players that don't end up getting moved.

So far I see a few teams getting better. Does it take anyone from pretender to contender? I doubt it.

Colorado - signing Forsberg I'm lukewarm on (does he still have it? is he finally healthy?) Adding Ruslan Salei and Adam Foote shores up the blue line.
San Jose - Brian Campbell is a nice addition, maybe all they need to take the step up. (Peeve of the Day: WTF is with the tears? He told the Sabres he wanted a fuckton of money, they didn't cough it up and he called off contract negotiatons... and now he's crying as he's traded?)
Washington - RCN must be orgasmic wherever he is. With Cooke they add grit and skill, with Huet they have a goaltender to replace/phase out Ollie. I don't like the poison of Floater Fedorov with all those young guys but maybe he can show Ovechkin how to elevate his game for the playoffs: he used to be a great 2 way player when he wanted to be.
Dallas - interesting deal adding Richards and Holmquist. Lots of offensive upside and a 2nd goalie if they feel Turco can't do it. Gave up Jussi "the King of the Shootout" Jokkinen though
Phillie adding Prospal helps, especially with the injuries but don't think its enough to put them over the top.

Still time to the deadline. Hossa and Tanguay haven't moved. Flames and Wings have been really quiet. So have the Rangers.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: NHL Trade Deadline Day

Post by Trek »

I like Hossa to Pitt, great deal for the Pens. I bet this works out well.