Hey Ash! (re: Peacock Line)

Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Hey Ash! (re: Peacock Line)

Post by Ashur »

Don't worry Vos, I'll go back to Sky soon, but I was getting my ass handed to me several levels ago when you first took me there due to there being way too Heroic ^^ and ^^^MOBs.

I'm greatly enjoying the Pakistan/Islamabad expansion of EQ2. Some of the quests are retardedly complicated (See The Peacock Club), but I enjoyed Poet's Palace enough to get access.

Canelek: I tried out the carpet last night before I logged. It takes you to the Librarian's room rather than the ground floor of Shimmering Palace, so it's optimized for folks wanting to go straight to Poet's Palace. I'm not sure what the recharge timer is on it.

I also found the pillow, so now I'm off to grab the meditation mat. Carpets, pillows, mats... for a Djinni that floats, the Caretaker sure has an obsession with floor coverings.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Cool! My only beef with the shimmering area is those fucking ^^^ wisps. I hate wisps! I will try and catch up with you tonight. Hunting for shit in Islambad will at least give me the opportunity to get Blades faction.

NOTE: Killing guards can be hazardous--you get a warning, then the flying dude whows up and murderizes you.

for Poet's, I am looking forward to trying out the named mobs. Hopefully, we can handle them duo!
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Hey Ash!

Post by Ashur »

Yeah, I got that warning once when I was just doing the "A Thief in the House of..." quests to invade the courts to kill Coin/Truth guards.

BTW, I doubled my savings and now have 12p from selling a LoN booster I got off an orc in Clefts of Rujark. Those LoN cards sell well. I also put up my 340 succulent roots for sale at just a silver or two more than yours (40s I think?), but less than everyone else.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yeah, those cars sell pretty well. I am hoping some of my collectible shit starts to move since I am down to 2pp after my MC buying spree. Luckily I have 20pp or so distributed on my other characters.

Thing about node items, they vary wildly in cost but those succulent roots are so easy to sell 35-45sp per. Looks like the next tier roots are a bit cheaper, but have not watched the market all that much.Hopefully we can wrap up the rest of the poet's stuff soon--we had a couple nice drops when Kilmoll led us around.

Oh, I have to remember to hit CT so I can pick up the lizardman book--that shit should be greyed out by now.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek wrote:Oh, I have to remember to hit CT so I can pick up the lizardman book--that shit should be greyed out by now.
If I'm on, look me up. I never did hit Cazic.
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Ashur wrote:
Canelek wrote:Oh, I have to remember to hit CT so I can pick up the lizardman book--that shit should be greyed out by now.
If I'm on, look me up. I never did hit Cazic.
I went there on my mystic to grab the book in her mid 50s.
The front bit was greyed out but everything was green when I got into the pyramid.
Mobs down there are really gimp and it took me no time at all to solo to the room with the book.
Even knocked out a couple of nameds.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'm 58 still, maybe you can mentor me if we have some greenies. Maybe do this quick and run over to grab the rest of the Poets stuff, I know I definitely want you to get my back for Living Tombs. If you get on before I do, go find the pillow. I found it in the first stall to the right when you come down the stairs to the market closest to the Court of the Coin near the Market, but it's a random spawn.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Cool. We'll definately get Living Tombs going...I still want to progress to the next step in Peacock--currently at the part where I need to play harp, then kill 5 named in 5 minutes.... I will forgo that if it is a pita.

And if there is anything in CT that is green to ya, I will be more than happy to mentor down for the named AA kill exp. Never been there myself....
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I am up for blwoing up Poets again this weekend...Friday night or Saturday during the day
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Sounds cool! What other instances are good around 58-64 or so?

And thanks again! I loathe pickup groups almost as much as Ash does. :D
en kærlighed småkager
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

haha

PEE
COCK

LOL
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Sylvos wrote:haha

PEE
COCK

LOL
Hah, thanks. :)
I wanted to write that several days ago but refrained.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Kilmoll: Cohonil and Ashimar finished the Poets Palace access quest and did a bit of killing there. Do dungeons give bonus experience like they did in EQ1? It seems like we got pretty good experience, as I'm two yellow bubbles into 59 already.

EDIT: three and a half bubbles
Last edited by Ashur on February 7, 2008, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

That was pretty cool. With all the running around out of the way, we should be able to get in there and see if we can knock off a named or 4.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

They should all have a slight bonus to exp. I always got pretty decent exp in Poets when I was PLing my mystic and the warden. There are a few other instances out there we can do, but they pretty much suck compared to Poets. The Hidden Cache is worth doing every day as well since it is so quick and you do have chance at the master chests in there. We can do the other ones this weekend if you like for the AA.....but they may be super rough mentored down.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

We got a Wizard Master last night off one of the rings on the third floor, Kilmoll - thanks for showing us the ropes. We're still figuring out what we can handle there duoing.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

It will be much easier when some of the mobs aren't orange to ya! I just hit 63 last night and got a pretty good deal (1.5pp) on the ambush master. Always nice to have an opener!

The real test will be those named that we took out w/ team Kilmoll.

I'll also check into my mezz to see if it can be enhanced/upgraded. That extra delay sure helps w/ mitigation. :D Also, maybe we can get some more 'good' drops from ring events.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I should double check which Group and Individual Wards I have. I try to keep those at the top of the line regardless, as they are so important.

I'm trying to remember all the different named and events we had.

We may want to do Hidden Cache as well.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

There is also Silent City and Living tombs, though they are shared.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I think Hidden Cache might be a bit counter-productive for you guys at your level/s. However, I guess you would still get aa exp for the named kills. The loot there didn't strike me as very good at all, and there wasn't anything particularly entertaining about it, but I've only been there and cleared it like twice.