Hey Ash! (re: Peacock Line)

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Hey Ash! (re: Peacock Line)

Post by Canelek »

You think last night's gather quest sucked by the oasis? Wait till you get to 'A Frightful Feast'. It is in Living Tombs, much like several quests before and after.

No worries though, with the two of us, we can get through it much easier than I did alone. I am stuck like 1 step after 'feast due to a 5 minute timer to kill several named mobs.

Try to get in some Scouring the Sands groups for your carpet as well. Last 2 mobs in that line require a decent group, but it is good to get all that shit out of the way....you don't really need a carpet (except for the hovering from heights) for speed, but the exp is good regardless.

I probably won't be online till Saturday night, assuming Comcast gets the shit right.
Last edited by Canelek on January 24, 2008, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: He Ash! (re: Peacock Line)

Post by Funkmasterr »

You know, I am waiting on miir to log in so we can keep on further down this quest line too, but I have a question.

I think around the time I got to Kindly or maybe amiable with the court of the coin, all of the different faction guards around Maj'Dul were no longer there, instead it is all Rujarkian's and Tears Assassins.... Does this happen once you hit a certain point in the faction, or is something going on in Maj'Dul I don't know about, lol? If it happens once you get to a certain level of faction, I'm not sure how they would make that work if other people you were grouped with were not at that point as well..
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Hey Ash! (re: Peacock Line)

Post by Canelek »

No idea on factions. I am just saving coins from doing Tears grifter quests whenever I am in Islambad.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Canelek wrote:No idea on factions. I am just saving coins from doing Tears grifter quests whenever I am in Islambad.

You haven't worked your way up with any of them yet? The guards I am talking about are all over the city, they are no longer there, now they are all orcs. I'm guessing you have never seen that?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Nope! I was there last night and didn't see any orcs. I have not worked any factions yet, although the blades guards are the only ones that don't try to kill me.

You must have triggered something via faction? How far along are you in Peacock line? Maybe that triggered an event.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

It's complicated... but certain events like killing off a tower master will open the tower up for another faction to take it's place.

I'll be on tonight.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, I learned not to trust certain guard types to always be present as I snuck around town. Look at the banners hanging to determine which faction "controls" which area before just running through :P
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek wrote:You think last night's gather quest sucked by the oasis? Wait till you get to 'A Frightful Feast'. It is in Living Tombs, much like several quests before and after.

No worries though, with the two of us, we can get through it much easier than I did alone. I am stuck like 1 step after 'feast due to a 5 minute timer to kill several named mobs.
I'll get done what I can. This Peacock shit is ridiculously time consuming and is a pain to do solo w/o stealth because I often have to kill my way to someone.
Canelek wrote:Try to get in some Scouring the Sands groups for your carpet as well. Last 2 mobs in that line require a decent group, but it is good to get all that shit out of the way....you don't really need a carpet (except for the hovering from heights) for speed, but the exp is good regardless.
I'll do what I can. I despise POGs and vastly prefer groups of people I know or soloing. Hovering from Heights? Do you mean a Carpet gives you the glide ability while on it?

Also, have you done the Ghassan the Trader/Rashad quest lines that lead to Pillars of Flame quests (54-58) or are you just doing Peacock? I just finished up the Rashad line last night, but want to get caught up on Peacock (which is slowing down my exp crunch. I think yesterday was the first time I played and got AAs and no adventure levels, but that's OK, I play for fun).
- Ash
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

I understand you're playing for the fun and lore and quests, but on that note....fuck the peacock quest. Don't even bother. Rewards are subpar (uber for their time, but that's long past), quest line is....drudgery at best. And the best part, is when you get a raid force together to kill the god king, one of the abstract rewards you probably either destroyed/banked/sold, needs to be on you at time of godking death. And if it's not, you can't leave the zone and come back without doing the entire raid level rune portion of the quest. Most guilds do it very very rarely if at all, and only for nostalgia purposes if that.

Focus your time on levels and AA's, and KoS will have lots of upgrades, and when you get to RoK, fugidabout it - mudflation at it's best.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

pyrella wrote:I understand you're playing for the fun and lore and quests, but on that note....fuck the peacock quest. Don't even bother. Rewards are subpar (uber for their time, but that's long past), quest line is....drudgery at best. And the best part, is when you get a raid force together to kill the god king, one of the abstract rewards you probably either destroyed/banked/sold, needs to be on you at time of godking death. And if it's not, you can't leave the zone and come back without doing the entire raid level rune portion of the quest. Most guilds do it very very rarely if at all, and only for nostalgia purposes if that.

Focus your time on levels and AA's, and KoS will have lots of upgrades, and when you get to RoK, fugidabout it - mudflation at it's best.
The lore is cool, but I'm leveling up just fine as well doing these quests and the other quests in the zone simultaneously. I have only been back to playing for about 2 weeks maybe now and went from 42-54. If you look at your quests ahead of time and plan it out (or if you are miir and have a picture of everything in your head that you can just look at) you can be really efficient in pillar of flames/sinking sands in completing a bunch of quests in a short period of time. I can see what you are saying about the rewards for the end of the quest line, but I guess that doesn't really matter to me.

I am excited to get to RoK though!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:It's complicated... but certain events like killing off a tower master will open the tower up for another faction to take it's place.

I'll be on tonight.
I've heard of the factions thing.. But there is not a SINGLE faction guard left in the city, they are all orcs/tears assassins, thats it, no blades/truth/coin guards at all anywhere. And all the damn orcs/tears assassins are heroic 55+ so I can't take em :(

BTW, I did one quest without you from the court of the coin.. I tried to resist the urge but I couldn't (the becoming a citizen of ro one.) One, maybe two more turn ins of 10 coins and I will be ally and will be able to get a few more quests there too!
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

The orcs and tears assassins are part of the Fate and Destiny line. It's a triggered event with a whole story with betrayal, etc. that brings the tears assassins in control of Maj'Dul. Peacock is an interesting quest line to work down. The eyes you need to get to the Godking are a fucking bitch to get. With 3 groups of 70s we destroyed the epic section of Silent City but it still took 3 nights over a period of several weeks to get all the eyes to gain access to the Inner Temple.

It's an interesting experience to do once. But I'll never do it again.

That being said, Silent City is interesting and Living Tombs is still one of my all-time favorite zones to mentor in and beat the shit out of.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek,

Let's skip the Peacock quest and just beat the shit out of the zones for fun and profit. If you're working on it I'll be glad to help you though, but I'm tired of the time sinks for myself. That last step was like a freaking Heritage Quest.

I was having some fun in Clefts of Rujark last night. Cohonil and Ashimar would tear that place up. The ground floor is completely soloable and I did a few quests there, but floor 2 looks full of heroics including ^^^ types.

I also did a bunch of stuff in Pillars of Flame. Again, plenty of mad killing fun there.

I hit 55 and I think I was closing in on 56.

So Silent City, Living Tombs, Cleft of Rujark and Pillars of Flame - all good slaughter zones. I haven't even looked at Lesser Fey because I'm digging EQ2 Pakistan (especially since I got access to Court of Blades).
- Ash
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Poets Palace = teh win for making cash from loots. You can still get masters there for skills that have no upgrades.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Where's that at?
- Ash
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

haha
Pee
Cock
lol
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

OK Ash! I'll be on tonight.
en kærlighed småkager
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Poets Palace is in, umm.. the outdoor zone west of Sinking Sands! Pillars of Flame? Anyways yeah, entrance for it is on one of the islands along the north coast, with the nagas.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Dregor Thule wrote:Poets Palace is in, umm.. the outdoor zone west of Sinking Sands! Pillars of Flame? Anyways yeah, entrance for it is on one of the islands along the north coast, with the nagas.
EQ2 has nagas too? omg copyright infringement
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aardor wrote:EQ2 has nagas too? omg copyright infringement
I wasn't aware that ancient mythology was protected by copyright.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Dude, I'm still laughing this morning over your collecting 50 insignia tokens from the faction you wanted to raise. Sorry man! I didn't check, are they tradable? If so maybe there's a market for them.

Sadly I cleared to a named on the first floor of Rujark and got more loot than we saw drop the whole time of those bitch ass cyclops and second floor ^^^ types.

Sorry you weren't feeling well, hope you're feeling better.

After you logged Sylvos ran me to Kingdom of Sky (and only killed me once!), looks like the ports are in Commonlands and Antontica. It's pretty trippy riding on clouds and jumping off islands and aiming for a pool of water so you don't get killed. It's probably just me, but it doesn't look especially promising so far, with just bunches of winged guys standing around, but I generally trust later expansions to be more mudflationary.

I still want to go kill in Pillars of Flame, but I can do that on my own time if you hate the zones.

Can someone (anyone) tell me wtf good "personal status" is by selling docs/scrying crystals/etc to faction merchants?
- Ash
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Status or SP is used for buying some items, and it is also charged as part of your upkeep on larger homes/rooms.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Interesting.

EDIT: Good thing I have the cheapo entry-level hovel in the Graystone Yard flophouse!
Last edited by Ashur on January 29, 2008, 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Nah man, I'll do pillars of flame--just not very familiar with it yet. I would like to get to that named area again though! It seems we hold pretty well against ^^^ so that works. Hopefully I'll shake this bug by tonight--heading to work, meh.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek: Those fights on the bridges were pretty trippy. I kept expecting you to try to get behind someone and fall off and watch a monster train ensure.

If I'm on tonight at all it will be late. Tomorrow I'm probably getting my new PC (AMD Phenom quad-core w/ 3GB RAM and a entry level Direct X 10 card w/ 256MB), so hopefully my freaking slow ass terrain render and zone times will go away. I can't wait to see how the game looks on a 22 inch widescreen.

I'll have to remember to post some of the funny screenshots I've taken. Hell, you've seen me fall through the world before by walking someplace my client wasn't aware had a surface.

Anyone: Any advice on moving EQ2 between machines? Should I just copy the whole directory over and rerun the installation to put in all the registry bits or should I just copy certain directories (zones and media files etc) and let the installation otherwise recognize my system cleanly?
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

looks like the ports are in Commonlands and Antontica
There are 3 main zones in KOS.
Tenebrous Tangle: Portal up from Antonica/Commonlands spires
Barren Sky: Portal up from Nek Forest/Thudering Steppes spires
Bonemire: Portal up from Enchanted Lands/Feerrot spires

You can travel from zone to zone while you're up there as well.

Any advice on moving EQ2 between machines? Should I just copy the whole directory over and rerun the installation to put in all the registry bits or should I just copy certain directories (zones and media files etc) and let the installation otherwise recognize my system cleanly?
The EQ2 directory is completely portable.
Just copy it over... no need to do anything else.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Word.

Thanks Miir, that's what Vos said as well, but I wanted to make sure there weren't any gotchas since the system/video settings will all copy over as well.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yeah, those bridges are indeed interesting. I only use 'walk the plank' to get the mob to face same direction as me and then unload master strike, other BS's, etc. No need to fall off! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

You playing tonight ash? I should be on at some point after I continue to unpack boxes and finish building a bathroom cabinet.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Nope.

I was supposed to play some D&D on Fantasy Grounds II with some friends, but ended up falling asleep getting my daughter to bed, so nope. No EQ2, no D&D, just zonked out. I did spend a few minutes getting Outlook ported over to the new box after my dog woke me up, but I'm turning back in.

Tomorrow (Tonight?) (Friday Night) for sure.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yup. I'll be on tonight.

Oh, and I sold 72 Blades Insignias for 3.6 plat! :D

Did you have anything in mind instance-wise? Would also be kinda cool to do KoS--I have already done some of the Tenebrous quests, but it seems like there is a ton of content there.

I did the Isle of Mara stuff up until the monk trials. Not sure if those are worth it unless you really like titles.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'm halfway through 56 atm.

I have NO idea on what to do tonight, there's so much content, but I like it when there's a lot of quest content to support it (two birds with one stone and some concept of working towards a goal, I still have a bunch of Runneyeye quests I want to finish when I mentor sometime).

Some easy to reach dungeon instance with available quests would own (Named MOBs 4tw, AA and loot!).

Glad you made out on your insignia coins. You probably made some high level guy happy to have that many to sell. Man, at 5g a pop it would be totally worth it to just wipe out faction guys in Maj'Dul.

Did I mention my new PC kicks ass at 1680x1050. KoS looks awesome. I can't wait to do Kunark.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yeah--too bad there is a reset timer on tears grifter quests! :D

I am looking forward to Kunark as well.

there are also plenty of quests in lfay that you can do solo--I finished all non-heroic content there already.

Guess we'll just see what is available--there is also loping planes for 60ish content.

I am curious about instanced content as well--can always use the AA + cash + exp!
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

tears grifter quests own. I do them every time I hit town and check again before I leave.
- Ash
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If you two FoH hooligans are on tonight and I am around, maybe I will run you through Poets for phat lewts and AA. I have access on Kilmoll.....not sure if you want to do the quests to get entrance access or not.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Two swashbucklers, shit, that's all you had to say. Of course that guarantees overpullage for truly Sylvosian wipes! :D
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

That reminds me...I need some 4.0 delay weapons.
en kærlighed småkager
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

They need to give me another free month for this game ><
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek:

Poet's Palace Access is suitably "Peacockish" in its complexity, but looks like it can be done solo (by you at any rate, not sure on some of this stuff or the Living Tombs part):

The Master's Museum DONE
Steps

1. Collect one of the following two sets of items.

* Collection 1:
o A Flawless pelt from Great sandstalker sabertooth in Pillars of Flame. DONE
o A Cyprus needle, harvested from a small clump of weeds which spawns randomly in the area around The Great Bonsai ( 180, -203, -1638 ) or ( 339, -155, -1645 ) in Pillars of Flame. Spawn time is approx. 4 minutes, but can switch between each tree (Locations listed above). DONE
o An Impeccable Windsister headdress from from any Windsister mob in Pillars of Flame. DONE

Rewards

* At least 6g 38s 29c
* The Handcrafted Music Box
* Choice of a level 54 Adept 1 Spell
Then:
The Caretaker DONE
Steps

1. Deliver the book to The Librarian.
* WARNING: Upon handing in the book, she will attack you. You get the update immediately and can evac/die and will not have to speak to her again.
2. Return to The Caretaker.

Rewards

* At least 6g
* Shimmering Carpet of the Citadel <-- House item you can use to teleport to Shimmering Citadel
Then:
Be Careful What You Wish For
Steps

1. The Caretaker asks you to find several items in various RANDOM locations. Some of them take a bit of searching to find. Patience is a must when looking for them. The talk page lists the locations where people have found some of the items.
2. Obtain the pillow by harvesting a red pillow which can spawn under any market tent in Maj'Dul. DONE
3. Obtain the meditation mat by harvesting a meditation mat in the Pillars of Flame near one of the big trees near the Ashen Disciples.
4. Obtain the egg of an unborn phoenix by harvesting a cluster of eggs in the Pillars of Flame in the cyclops area.
5. Obtain an ancient chalice by harvesting an ancient chalice in Living Tombs.
6. Return to The Caretaker with the items you found.
7. Enter Tower of the Moon:Infiltration in Maj'Dul. The mobs are level 56+/- solo.
* NOTE: Go in solo due to the bottles disappearing after one person collects them.
8. Kill or invis your way to the 2 djinn bottles on the second and third floors and harvest them.
9. Return to The Caretaker and speak with her regarding her dishonesty. When you say "I refuse to be made the Master's toy", she will attack you.
10. Kill The Caretaker.

Rewards

* At least 18g
* Access to Poet's Palace
* A level 57 Adept I Spell of your choice
Oh how I envy you your stealth!

I *think* this is accurate now, as the Shimmering Citadel Access quests are no longer required, but we MIGHT need to do them. Will revisit if that comes to pass.
Last edited by Ashur on February 6, 2008, 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Word. At least there are comparable level mobs to kill for this. Seems like we do pretty well on ^^^ as long as they don't hit for retarded dmg!
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I need to catch up to Cohonil in levels. I'm like what, four behind still? (I'm 58 and you just hit 62, right?) It might be time for some mindless killing when you're not on, as the questing is slowing me down!

Hrm, I doubt I'll be able to afford twinking myself out in full mastercraft armor/weapon/buckler next tier. Time to see if we have a guild armorer who can cut me a discount!
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Hit up lFay--lots of fairly easy quests for good leveling.

Was your exp gain not good? I can always mentor down those few levels to see if it evens out. I agree that those long tedious quests can put the exp on hold for more than one would like.

Also, there are those repeatable ashen order quests in Pillars of Flame killing harpies and gobbys, etc that work well--that area is starting to gray out for me. The cool thing about the sandcrawler gobbys is that there a bunch of solo named for the extra AA exp. Have not seen any good drops though.

Speaking of drops--wtf? It is all fodder compared to mastercrafted stuff. Really looking forward to doing more instances. Solo quest rewards, even on fairly long quest lines blow as well. Good thing there is a fairly steady stream of $$$ from collectibles, etc.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

mastercrafted > all other drops so far for armor/weapon/shield slots.

My exp gain was fine, I just need to make sure I'm doing something to get exp more regularly. Quests where I'm just travelling or looking for shit on the ground slows me up. I also made a stab to get a few AAs the other day mentoring a guildie.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I was looking at MC weps for 62 and they are only marginally better than the lvl52 wep I have. I want better weapons! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Two birds, one stone. I also have a quest to kill harpies for the Ashen folks as well as one from the Court of Blades... THREE, three birds one stone.

The only part that looks like it will be a royal pain in the ass is in "Be Careful What You Wish For":

5. Obtain an ancient chalice by harvesting an ancient chalice in Living Tombs.

I found locs for the items, haven't seen where in Living Tombs they are.
Meditation Mat

Found in the Pillars of Flame near one of the big trees near the Ashen Disciples.

* ( 379, -156, -1689 )
* ( 186, -190, -1690 )
* ( 149, -189, -1624 )

[edit] Egg of an unborn phoenix

Found by harvesting a cluster of eggs in Pillars of Flame in the cyclops area:

* ( -149, -55, -528 )
* ( -23, -44, -399 )
* ( 54, -55, -400 )

[edit] Ancient chalice

Found by harvesting an ancient chalice in Living Tombs:

* 1st loc ( -450, 23, 349 )
* 2nd loc ( -381, 16, 497 ) - that's the same court as the first loc.
* 3rd loc ( -189, 33, 282 )
* 4th loc ( -432, 22, 359 )
* 5th loc ( -425, 18, 350 ) (look up)
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

That's cool. We can hit either or both places whenever. Hopefully, I will have a better internet connect and start to finally get over my cold/allergies. For living tombs, we can also progress your peacock line (and mine), 3even though that find xx item either here or here shit gets old.
en kærlighed småkager
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

FFS
LEAVE DESERT OF FLAMES
HANG OUT IN SKY TIL 65
ffs

ffs

jesus h

ffs

p.s. Sylvos (Cyre) > Kilmoll for super sexy ZW dps yo^^
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kilmoll would still crush you. Squish...like grape
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Why? EXPLAIN YOURSELF SIR!
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvos wrote:FFS
LEAVE DESERT OF FLAMES
HANG OUT IN SKY TIL 65
ffs

ffs

jesus h

ffs

p.s. Sylvos (Cyre) > Kilmoll for super sexy ZW dps yo^^

Sky (TT in particular) got boring for me pretty quick, it's buggy too.