Sueven's Pork Tacos

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Sueven's Pork Tacos

Post by Sueven »

Carnitas:

Buy a large chunk of pork. You want something fatty, I've used shoulder and butt, and both work fine. Cut off the largest pieces of fat, but don't worry about making it too lean. Meanwhile, boil a pot with enough water to cover the pork. Into the water, add white vinegar, lime juice, chilis of whatever sort you prefer, onion, cilantro, brown sugar, and anything else you like. Cut the pork into cubes of an inch or two, and put them into the boiling water/stock. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the fat has melted and the water has evaporated (a few hours). At this time, pull out any large chunks of vegetable remaining, and remove surviving pieces of fat if you like. The pork will be flaky and pulling apart by this point. Fry the pork in the fat until the fat is gone and the pork is brown and crispy on the outside.

Serve in corn tortillas with whatever you want, but especially sour cream, chopped onion, sliced cabbage. I like guacamole and salsa verde, my preferred recipes follow.

Salsa Verde: Boil a pot of water. Throw in some tomatillos and some jalapenos. Boil them until soft, then chop off any woody/husky parts and throw them into a blender/food processor. Add white onion, cilantro, salt, lime juice. Blend/process to desired consistency. Refrigerate until cold.

Guacamole: Get some good, ripe, avocados. Scoop out the flesh and put them into a bowl with lime juice, cilantro, finely chopped onion, and a little salt. Mash. Basically the same as the salsa verde, but substitute avocados for the cooked tomatillos and jalapenos. And mash instead of process.

If anyone has tips for making these items better, please share!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Sueven's Pork Tacos

Post by noel »

I've been making guacamole for years mostly because other people really like my recipe. I don't know that there's anything particularly special about it, but it is one of the few recipes where I no longer 'follow a recipe'.

Chop (for insertion into a food processor-- mince if you don't have one):
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of green onions, the green part
1 bunch cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno pepper cored and seeded

Drop all of that into a food processor and add the juice of half a lime (reserve the other half). Work the food processor until you have a green paste.

Scoop the flesh out of four avocados (reserve the seeds -- more on that in a sec). Either with a fork/knife or, my preference, an old style potato masher, mash the avocados and the paste together and mix thoroughly. You're not trying to puree the avocados. You want them to be slightly chunky so your guacamole has some body. Add salt and pepper and juice from remaining lime to taste. When taste testing, make sure you do it on the chips you're going to be serving because the chips are normally salted already and you don't want to oversalt. My preference are the baked Tostitos scoops or the multigrain Tostitos. Serve immediately.

If you're not going to be serving it immediately, put the avocado seeds into the guacamole and/or add just a bit of sour cream. Both the seeds and the sour cream are supposed to keep the guacamole from turning brown.
Last edited by noel on January 14, 2008, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I like that carnitas version. I usually slow-cook the whole shoulder, then shred and broil. I will try it your way as well since I like the end consistency.
en kærlighed småkager
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Noel:

Good tip on the avocado seeds. I'll have to try it out sometime.

Guacamole can easily be moved in more or less any herb direction you like. I'm a big fan of fresh dill and fresh basil, so I'll sometimes make dill or basil guac, and it comes out just fine.

Canelek:

Good! Let me know how it turns out.

More Carnitas tips:

- When you're frying the meat, turn the temperature down to low in order to give the meat ample time to brown and crisp. If you have a lean cut of meat, you might need to add fat.

- You can broil the meat instead of frying it (like Canelek's method).

- You can put almost anything you like in the liquid. Beyond what I use, I know people who use orange juice, chicken stock, soy sauce, rum, tequila, gin, lime, epazote, cumin, coriander, etc etc etc. Some people make it with really intense flavors (say OJ and tequila and lime and chicken stock and jalapenos and...) while some people make it in a very simple fashion (water with a dash of vinegar and maybe a littler garlic). All personal preference.

- Marinating or rubbing the pork is always an option prior to cooking.

- You generally don't have to remove the vegetables, since they'll probably dissolve by the time the dish is done.

- If you like cubes of meat, be careful with how you cut the pork chunks, and stir only sparingly. If you prefer shredded/pulled meat, then you can be pretty indiscriminate about your cutting. By the end you can shred it easily by simply poking it with a spoon or other blunt object.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Nice tip on the basil/dill. I'd never really thought to try those.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Almost on topic: Any tips for buying avocados? I had bought some for the first time a couple months ago and they ended up being basically brown inside. Which wasn't appetizing. My main problem was I didn't know what to look for and how to tell between unripe, ripe, and overripe.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Outside of a farmer's market, you can be pretty hard-pressed outside of California for awesome avocados.

If you can find, Hass Avos, look for ones that are just barely starting to soften. A trick I have heard is take your very unripe avos and toss em in a paper bag. I have not tested this though.

Mushy ones will be no good.
en kærlighed småkager
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I basically only buy them when I'm going to use them that day or the very next day. I also pretty much always buy two more than I think I'm going to need. You don't want them to be hard, you want them to be firm, but give a little when you squeeze them. Just not mushy. It's kind of trial and error and, in my opinion, it's almost always dependent upon what the market you happen to be at has in stock. =\ Honestly it's kind of a pain in the ass (either that or I'm just a rookie).
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

That's about right. And it is a pain in the ass to get it right unless you go the trial and error route.

I miss CA Hass avocados. You really cannot come close anywhere else. If you want to spend the extra $$ (and live in SoCal) go to Bristol Farms markets...they always have the best of everything (at a premium though).
en kærlighed småkager
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Whole foods is good too -- again, at a premium. (Why does God hate avocados?)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Canelek wrote:Outside of a farmer's market, you can be pretty hard-pressed outside of California for awesome avocados.

If you can find, Hass Avos, look for ones that are just barely starting to soften. A trick I have heard is take your very unripe avos and toss em in a paper bag. I have not tested this though.

okay, so you toss them in the paper bag...and then what? hit someone over the head with it?
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Boogahz wrote:
Canelek wrote:Outside of a farmer's market, you can be pretty hard-pressed outside of California for awesome avocados.

okay, so you toss them in the paper bag...and then what? hit someone over the head with it?
Putting them in the paper bag is supposed to ripen them. Unfortunately it does it in some unspecified period of time which is why I always try for the fresh ones.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Smell them, too-- they should be just starting to soften, and smell like a ripe avocado.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I have not shopped for avocados since first seeing Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death!
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

*Ahem*

"The first recorded importation (of avocados) into Florida was in 1833 and into California in 1856."

My favorite way of choosing an avocado is to pick one off of any of the 4 trees. Do that every day and you'll always have one to eat (tip: they don't soften while on the tree - they normally take 7-10 days to ripen once off the tree).
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

noel wrote: Chop (for insertion into a food processor-- mince if you don't have one):
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of green onions, the green part
1 bunch cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno pepper cored and seeded
Is there a reason to not use the white part of the green onion? Does it make it too "oniony"? I always felt there was something missing in my guac but never used green onions before (and I also cheat using pepper flakes instead of a fresh jalapeno).
I also never knew that about the seeds. Brown guac is about as unappetizing as food can look.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I am going to try to concoct a habanero glaze/salsa soon. This would rock for the carnitas. I have been asking questions to the dude who runs the Mexican lunch truck. This guy knows his shit. He has this wonderful habanero sauce/salsa in a squeeze bottle. It is orange (as normal for our regular orange hab imports) and has a very nice heat quality.

What I have so far from him:

Broil Habaneros until just soft (not blackened)
Stem and add to processor with:
Garlic
Tomato
Salt

However, I have no measurements. If he will divulge measurements, that will make things easier, obviously. Otherwise, I will see what I can do!

It is tough to find recipes for salsas, as salsa in the US is normally of the pico de gallo variety whereas Mexican salsa can be dispensed via ketchup bottle. "Hot Sauce" is usually a "canned" product, preserved in bottles.
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Salsa and Pico de Gallo are two different animals around here.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Many Mexican salsas and sauces are actually fried. Frying a liquid sounds a bit odd, but it's pretty intuitive-- you just heat up some fat or oil or whatever and pour the salsa in. It blends the fat and oil with the salsa, but it also cooks the vegetable ingredients in the salsa. Many mole's are made like this. I've seen it done but never actually done it, mostly because I'm intimidated by cooking with lard, but hey
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I'm not a fan of using oil/fat for salsa/sauce. Tends to be a bit too greasy. I like the fresh "clean" veggie/fruit only stuff. You will see those chipotle-based salsas all the time (I hate chipotle).
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like I'm not the only who who has problems finding the proper avocado ripeness. What about color... Is there any particular color to look for (or avoid) or is it mainly just feel?

--
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Aslanna wrote:Thanks for the tips. Sounds like I'm not the only who who has problems finding the proper avocado ripeness. What about color... Is there any particular color to look for (or avoid) or is it mainly just feel?
Ripe avocados are generally black with a tinge of reddish brown. Unripe ones are generally green, but feel is really the way to go.

Edit: Fixed, sorry.
Last edited by noel on January 15, 2008, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

noel wrote:Ripe avocados are generally black with a tinge of reddish brown. Ripe ones are generally green, but feel is really the way to go.
? Confused! I am guessing the second 'ripe' is supposed to be 'unripe'? Regardless, I'll give it a try. Last time I was at the store I looked at some and they were fairly green and hard so I came to conclusion that those weren't ripe so didn't buy any.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:
noel wrote:Ripe avocados are generally black with a tinge of reddish brown. Ripe ones are generally green, but feel is really the way to go.
? Confused! I am guessing the second 'ripe' is supposed to be 'unripe'? Regardless, I'll give it a try. Last time I was at the store I looked at some and they were fairly green and hard so I came to conclusion that those weren't ripe so didn't buy any.
I am confused too, I think I will just throw them in a paper bag and wallop the cashier over the head with it as I run out...
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Well, the color depends on the type of avocado. Some of them are supposed to be green.

But, for your traditional Hass avocado, it should be as Noel said-- should have turned a dark brown/black color.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Aslanna wrote:
Yes, the second sentence is supposed to start with Unripe.
I believe I have only dealt with Haas Avocados. So if you're buying some other kind, some of this may vary.
Anyways, in addition to the color, feel is the most useful to determing ripeness. A ripe avocado should have a little give, but should not feel squishy. Squishy = overripe. Too firm = not yet ripe.

Boog, the brown paper bag trick works for several produce items that need to ripen. The first one I learned about was Bananas, and I know it works with Apples as well. For whatever reason that I haven't researched, certain underripe fruits (and maybe some roots?) placed in a brown paper sack will reach their ripe stage more quickly than if left out, or put into the refridgerator (or whatever). You don't need to wallop anyone.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Boogahz wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
I am confused too, I think I will just throw them in a paper bag and wallop the cashier over the head with it as I run out...
:lol:
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yes Boog, do not wallop the help, unless it is some kind of S&M market!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Now that we've had a guacamole recipe anyone have something good for salsa? Someting of the pico sort but with a bit (not much) of spice is my preference but willing to give other things a try!

--
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Along those lines, can one of you explain the difference between salsa and pico de gallo? I realize I could just wiki it, but since we're on the subject... :P
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

The term salsa varies depending where you are.

Pico can be considered salsa as well as the fresh and canned stuff you find at any market.

I prefer the mexican kind dispensed via squeeze bottle. Orange Habanero ftw!

I think it is just habs, tomato, salt....broil chilies until soft (not charred) then puree with the rest. I have not tried though!
en kærlighed småkager
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

I'm fairly certain that the only difference between pico de gallo and salsa is in preparation. Pico has raw vegetables often roughly chopped and salsa is cooked vegetables which are generally pureed or blended.
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

noel wrote:Along those lines, can one of you explain the difference between salsa and pico de gallo? I realize I could just wiki it, but since we're on the subject... :P
Well to summarize the wiki article:
Pico de gallo can be used in much the same way as Mexican salsas or Indian chutneys, but since it is less liquid, it can also be used as a main ingredient in dishes such as tacos and fajitas.
And following the external link here's how the article suggests making it. Seems easy! I'll give it a try over the weekend.
To start, gather up 10 large Roma Tomatoes and finely dice them. You can do this by taking a sharp knife and cutting the tomatoes in half lengthwise. Then cut off the ends and begin slicing the halves into thin strips along their length. Be sure to keep all the slices together so that each sliced half appears to remain intact with all the slices in place. Rotate the sliced half and begin slicing across your previous cuts so that you end up with finely diced pieces. It is best to use a very sharp knife on firm tomatoes as this makes dicing much easier. You should now have enough diced tomatoes to nearly fill a large mixing bowl.

Next is the onion. We use one large yellow onion for our recipe, but you can substitute it for a white, Walla Walla, or a red onion. Start off by peeling the dry skin off the onion, cutting it in half lengthwise and then cutting off the ends. Follow the same procedure used to dice the tomatoes and you should end up with a large handful of finely diced onion. Add the onion to the large mixing bowl with the tomato, sp ri nk le two tablespoons of salt and stir the mixture until evenly mixed.

The next step is adding the garlic. Take four cloves of garlic and smash each one with the flat part of a knife so that the skin can be easily removed. Once you have removed the skin, mince the garlic with a sharp knife and add it to your mixing bowl and stir to mix the garlic in evenly.

Limes! Lime juice is an essential ingredient of our Pico de Gallo. Cut two limes into quarters and squeeze the juice from each lime wedge into the mixing bowl and stir thoroughly. You should begin to see small bubbles forming in the liquid of the mixture. This is the acid of the lime juice reacting with the other ingredients, creating a new flavor. We’ll call it “Pico Flavoring”.

The last ingredient we will be adding is the cilantro. This recipe calls for freshly chopped cilantro. You can find cilantro in convenient bundles in the produce section of your favorite grocery. It is usually found near, and can be confused with, fresh parsley. You can usually tell the cilantro from the parsley by smelling it. To me, parsley smells like Italian food and cilantro smells like Mexican food!

To prepare the cilantro, leave it in the bundle and run it under cold water, shaking it as you do so. After rinsing it, shake of the excess water and lay the entire bundle on the cutting board. Take a very sharp knife and with your free hand gather the top of the cilantro into a compact bundle and begin making thin slices moving down the bundle as you do so until you get to nothing but stems. Throw the stems away and continue chopping the cilantro until it is as fine as you can get it. Once it is chopped, you should have a large handful. Add it to your mixing bowl with the other ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.

Once your mixture is complete, cover the mixing bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour so the mixed ingredients can react and the flavors can mix. After the “pico” has chilled, take a small sample to taste and add salt as necessary.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

laneela wrote:I'm fairly certain that the only difference between pico de gallo and salsa is in preparation. Pico has raw vegetables often roughly chopped and salsa is cooked vegetables which are generally pureed or blended.
pretty accurate.

basically look at it as a sauce vs chopped veggies!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Thanks everyone.

Aslanna wrote: Well to summarize the wiki article:
So mean. :(

Technically I could probably never ask another question on here that I couldn't first answer with google or wikipedia, but then I wouldn't get the benefit of interacting with the rest of you.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

The recipe Aslanna listed for pico is pretty much dead-on. Some folks add deseeded jalepenos, but pico is generally meant not to be spicy.

Does anyone have a good simple habanero salsa recipe?

edit: And you should already know that, Noel--you do live in The Valley! :P
en kærlighed småkager
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Canelek wrote:The recipe Aslanna listed for pico is pretty much dead-on. Some folks add deseeded jalepenos, but pico is generally meant not to be spicy.

Does anyone have a good simple habanero salsa recipe?

edit: And you should already know that, Noel--you do live in The Valley! :P
Yeah but I was born in MD and didn't even taste guacamole until I was like 20... (it always looked disgusting). Now I love the stuff.

Edit: real reason I was asking is that I tried to make some the other day and it was just a watery mess. I love salsas, and all kinds of tomato sauces, but I don't really like tomatoes so I don't cook with them a lot unless a recipe calls for it. I've only really been cooking with any degree of proficiency for about the last 8 years, and I'm pretty much self-taught, so there's a LOT I don't know. :)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ohh, I forgot you are not socal native. My bad!

As to watery mess, you can remove the seeds from the tomatoes. that will help!

Also, if you add salt, it will leach out more moisture.

I was the same way about guac since I am from jesusland.
en kærlighed småkager
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I think of pico as a relish, and salsa as a sauce.

Cane is dead on for reducing the liquid in your pico. Easiest trick is to cut your tomatoes in half, and then with a spoon or your thumb, squeeze the seeds and all that liquid surrounding them out. You'll then be left with tomato flesh, which you can dice up for your pico.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Thanks guys. I did do that, but I probably didn't do it enough. Thanks for the tips!
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

noel wrote: Yeah but I was born in MD and didn't even taste guacamole until I was like 20... (it always looked disgusting). Now I love the stuff.
That's pretty funny. I just had some Guacamole flavored chips for the first time a year or so ago and they were awesome. I still haven't been able to bring myself to try the real stuff yet though.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Bojangels wrote:
noel wrote: Yeah but I was born in MD and didn't even taste guacamole until I was like 20... (it always looked disgusting). Now I love the stuff.
That's pretty funny. I just had some Guacamole flavored chips for the first time a year or so ago and they were awesome. I still haven't been able to bring myself to try the real stuff yet though.
What finally made me try it was... I was out on a date (years ago) with a girl I was trying to impress. She ordered it where they make it for you at the table. I tried it and loved it and after that I was hooked.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Seems like a great place to throw in my Habanero salsa!

This is, by the way, is entirely too hot, which is why I love it.

Boil:
10 Tomatillos
9 Habanero's (average)
3 Jalepeno's (larger)

Stem them after boiling and put into robocoupe/food processor.

Add to processor

2 squeezed limes (obviously not the rinds!)
1 squeezed lemon
2 Tbl Crushed Red
1 large white onion*
Salt/Pepper to taste

Process to desired chunkiness.

*If you like a chunkier salsa then it may be smarter to dice the onion and add in later. I prefer a smooth salsa to chunkier one. And I use this salsa with chips/tacos/enchilada's (if you need an amazing enchilada recipe, just ask!).
Fuck Michigan!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Thanks Zam! that looks awesome. :D #onFire
en kærlighed småkager
Knarlz
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Knarlz »

Zamtuk wrote:.

.....enchilada's (if you need an amazing enchilada recipe, just ask!).
Give it up please.
Pride of nationality depends not on ignorance of other nations, but on ignorance of one's own.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I prefer Hass over Florida avocados, and have never had trouble getting good Hass avocados here Alabama. I use pico de gallo (diced, seeded roma tomotoes, diced jalapenos, diced yellow onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt) to make guacamole. I mash the avocados with a couple of forks, being careful to not mash it too much so that there are some good avocado chunks in it. Then I add a big spoonful of pico per avocado, an extra squeeze of lime juice and a bit of extra chopped cilantro.

For basic salsas, I usually simmer whole fresh tomatoes or tomatillos in some salted water with quartered onions, serrano chiles and garlic. Then I strain out the solids and puree them. I add fresh cilantro and sometimes some diced raw yellow onion and diced poblanos for texture if I want it to be chunkier. I like experimenting and making all kinds of odd salsas, though, so pretty much anything goes. I also like making fruit salsas a lot and often serve serve sweet & spicy fruit salsas with grilled chicken, shrimp or fish.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Enchilada's

This takes more work than you would think and takes up to about an hour and a half to do.

I'm leaving measurements off since it is based on how many you do. I almost always do these for a party or work pot luck. Most of it save the chicken/shells are to taste anyways.

You need:

Boneless Chicken
Soft Corn Tortilla's (6 inch)
Your favorite frying oil
Chicken Base (optional)
Lettuce
Boiled Egg's
Large White Onion
Fresh Avacado's
Cilantro
Salt/Pepper
Limes
Monterey Cheese
My Habenero Salsa (listed above)

To Do:

Boil up the chicken. Add salt/chicken base to boil if you want. I love what the base does to the chicken, personally. You can also throw in the eggs to boil with them as well, I usually do. After they are boiled up, shred the chicken (I do it by hand) and set aside the eggs. At this point add salt/pepper to chicken to taste. Also a great time to boil ingredients for salsa.

Next, very lightly saute the desired amount of shells in a frying pan with your choice of oil. I like corn oil with the corn tortillas (get it?!). Fry them enough to get them really soft, so you can roll them with ease. (I guess one of those steam machine's work too, and is healthier, but who has one?)

Shred/dice/cut up: Onions, lettuce, avocado's, boiled eggs, and cilantro. Set aside. Good time to blend the salsa too.

Roll up the shredded chicken in the tortillas and put into a 8X10 pan/cake pan or whatever best works, we will be piling a lot on. Layer the rolled up tortillas in two side by side rows all the way down the pan.

Next, add all the veggies you just cut up on top. Obviously, this is all to taste, and I tend to use little cilantro as I really don't like it much. It should cover all the tortillas below, and be evened out. After that, generously load on the salsa you just made. Top with the cheese, and squeeze a few limes for good measure. The tomatillo/habanero salsa I provided the recipe for comes out green with touches of orange, so if you don't feel like making the salsa, get the verde stuff. Use a spatula for distribution, remember, they are in two rows, which makes it easier.

These are by far the best enchilada's I've ever had. It's cool because a real Mexican taught me how to make them like this, so they're pretty authentic.
Fuck Michigan!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I am trying your method today. Bought a shoulder last night. One of my reasons is I cannot find my crock pot and I don't like cleaning it. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

FYI Pork Shoulder is Pork Butt

A pigs ass is a ham
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Canelek
Super Poster!