Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Marvel Movie Crossovers

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Hints of an "Avengers" movie, the Marvel Comics equivalent of the Justice League, may be closer than you think with the upcoming "Hulk" reinvention with Edward Norton.

According to a scooper for AICN, a scene was shot for Universal's "The Incredible Hulk" featuring General Thunderbolt (William Hurt) having a meeting with the "Iron Man" himself Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.).

This comes on top of Paramount's "Iron Man" featuring a cameo by Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). That film opens May 2nd whilst Hulk opens June 13th.
I wondered why they didn't do this from the start. It makes sense in so many ways...
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Marvel Movie Crossovers

Post by noel »

For one, it's hard to do. If you think about the X-men movies, most of the characters are pretty low-powered compared to the Avengers. You need a huge budget to do it right.

Unfortunately, that's never stopped Stan Lee in the past.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I meant it makes sense to do cross-overs in the same "Marvel Universe" of characters, not that they're making an Avengers film.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The Ultimates (Ultimate Universe version of the Avengers) would make a more interesting movie IMO.

I'd like to see a Runaways movie directed by Joss Whedon or the next X-Men movie directed by Joss Whedon. If neither of those two work out, I'd like to see a movie about Joss Whedon, directed by Joss Whedon.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I meant it makes sense to do cross-overs in the same "Marvel Universe" of characters, not that they're making an Avengers film.
It does... it's just unfortunate that Stan Lee will basically say yes to ANY script regardless of the content. I think DC has really benefited being owned by Warner Bros. WB takes pretty damn good care of their intellectual property whereas Marvel has made a lot of total shit.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

...a cameo by Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson).
:lol: I can see it. Will he sport the eyepatch?
- Ash
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

They could totally do the Civil War core plot line in a 3-hour movie.

Cameos GALORE!
- Ash
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'd love to see the Ultimates done (well). I'd just question if anyone could actually pull it off in a way that wouldn't make me want to kick a fork into my forehead.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I'd love to see the Howling Commandos!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote: January 9, 2008, 5:57 am The Ultimates (Ultimate Universe version of the Avengers) would make a more interesting movie IMO.

I'd like to see a Runaways movie directed by Joss Whedon or the next X-Men movie directed by Joss Whedon. If neither of those two work out, I'd like to see a movie about Joss Whedon, directed by Joss Whedon.
This thread was before Whedon directed The Avengers. Joss Whedon turned out to be a tool. I read a long drawn out interview of Joss Whedon yesterday where he gives his side of the story and he still looks like a tool. The only person I don't believe about him his the actor that played Cyborg in Justice League. That guy is just a bad actor. All the women that accuse Whedon of whatever, appear to be true with him basically saying "I felt the need to sleep with actresses because I would have regretted it if I didn't" in his own interview about the controversy.

His biggest regret was taking over the Justice League movie. I can totally understand that. DC movies suck ass, are dark and unfun. Exact opposite of Whedon's style. He tried to improve it but the touchy feely actors got upset that he didnt want their input. The mistake was Whedon's though for taking it over after Snyder left. You can't fix DC movies.

This doesn't change Buffy from being a ground breaking great series and Firefly being possibly the best character driven Sci Fi of all time, but it's unfortunate to find out he was an ass behind the scenes. Success got to his head and he used it to sleep with women using his influence as the director. Don't care about cheating on his wife etc, but messing with the talent is a no no. He should have picked up some hookers or visited Epsteins island (if the 16 year old Michele Trachtenberg rumor turns out to be true), don't do that stuff where you work.