Borderlands

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Borderlands

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:When I was at Best Buy, I had the last copy in my hands and I was there about an hour after it opened. Two guys in front of me in line also had copies. When I got to the counter, the clerk was like "I have never heard of this game and I've already sold 20-25 copies today".

More reviews are coming in and the overall opinion remains quite high. I'm glad I bought it, that's for sure. I will get my money's worth out of it.

Demon's Souls still wins for scarcity and surprise hit. I had no fucking clue what that game was until, Miir chirped in with his one liner. Demon Soul's was sold out at all Best Buys and GameStops in the Phoenix Metro Valley.

As for Borderlands, it's been hyped for a long time due to the game being delayed for switching to cell shading on the graphics. (maybe to hide sub par standard graphics?)
Last edited by Winnow on October 22, 2009, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

It will be an interesting NPD discussion next month :)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

The game is growing on me... slowly.
I like the RPG aspects and the slower pace to the single player game.

I've tried a bit of multiplayer and I can see it giving the game some real longevity but still can't help but think it's going to get buried by the 900 lb gorilla being released in a few weeks.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funny you mention that. It took me about an hour-ish to become comfortable with Borderlands.

And yes, MW2 is going to be unreal. I think it will break all existing records.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:When I was at Best Buy, I had the last copy in my hands and I was there about an hour after it opened. Two guys in front of me in line also had copies. When I got to the counter, the clerk was like "I have never heard of this game and I've already sold 20-25 copies today".

More reviews are coming in and the overall opinion remains quite high. I'm glad I bought it, that's for sure. I will get my money's worth out of it.

Demon's Souls still wins for scarcity and surprise hit. I had no fucking clue what that game was until, Miir chirped in with his one liner. Demon Soul's was sold out at all Best Buys and GameStops in the Phoenix Metro Valley.

As for Borderlands, it's been hyped for a long time due to the game being delayed for switching to cell shading on the graphics. (maybe to hide sub par standard graphics?)
Demon's Souls also probably shipped about 1/100th the amount of copies Borderlands did :) I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with Best Buy, none of them in the state carried Demon's Souls here, they said it was a business decision made because they thought the game wasn't going to sell, figured that would be a company wide thing.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote: Demon's Souls also probably shipped about 1/100th the amount of copies Borderlands did :) I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with Best Buy, none of them in the state carried Demon's Souls here, they said it was a business decision made because they thought the game wasn't going to sell, figured that would be a company wide thing.
That's because Demon's Souls is PS3 only and nothing ever sells well on the PS3 so that's what made the game a surprise. It's probably the Supernova hit of the PS3. That's it. Now the PS3 shrinks into shining light waiting for FFXIII to see if it can outsell the 360 with that game.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:That's because Demon's Souls is PS3 only and nothing ever sells well on the PS3 so
Except Batman AA, FIFA10 and NFS: Shift which all sold better on the PS3 than the 360. :)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Winnow wrote:That's because Demon's Souls is PS3 only and nothing ever sells well on the PS3 so
Except Batman AA, FIFA10 and NFS: Shift which all sold better on the PS3 than the 360. :)
We're talking about relevant games here, sir :)
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I'll be picking this up for the PC when it comes out next week. I won't be braving the hells of random multiplayer tho, have a group of people I'll be playing with. If it weren't for that I would have preferred the 360, since it'll run better on that than it will on this computer and, well, achievements!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Looking for some after surgery games to pick up. I will be having lots of free time the next 2 months. I picked up Mass Effect, since I had only rented it last time and I got the RROD, so never finished. Finishing Uncharted 2, so looking for something I can get wrapped up in. Was thinking this or the Demon Soul game, recommmendations? Both seem to be getting good reviews here. Any other thoughts?
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tyek wrote:Looking for some after surgery games to pick up. I will be having lots of free time the next 2 months. I picked up Mass Effect, since I had only rented it last time and I got the RROD, so never finished. Finishing Uncharted 2, so looking for something I can get wrapped up in. Was thinking this or the Demon Soul game, recommmendations? Both seem to be getting good reviews here. Any other thoughts?

Fallout 3 GOTY if you haven't played it yet. Fantastic game that really sucks you in and will last you a loooong time. Batman: AA was also a great game, although that's only around 10-12 hours long.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Yeah, I played Fallout and all the downloads, maybe I will start over.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Tyek wrote:Yeah, I played Fallout and all the downloads, maybe I will start over.
How is your temper? Reason I ask is: you just had surgery.. If you are easily irritable, Demon's Souls is probably going to make you make some kind of sudden movement and screw something up, so Borderlands would definitely be the way to go in this case :)

Either one of those two games is gonna give you a fair amount of playtime though, so it's just a matter of whether you want to try a RPG/Shooter or a Straight RPG.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Pretty mellow, but after reading more of the Demon Soul thread I may hold off. Surgery is actually on the 4th.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If I have to kick back and take it easy, a good RPG is just what the Dr. ordered. Tales of Vesperia is really good. It's well paced and is a decent length. It's a really interesting contrast to a western rpg like Fallout 3.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

I am now a lvl 20 Siren! :D

No response from Miir so played with randoms.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

How are you liking it so far, Kwon?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:I am now a lvl 20 Siren! :D

No response from Miir so played with randoms.
LOL 20 already?
I'm not even level 12 yet.

I was at work and didn't see your messages until after you logged off.
My wife was watching movies on the PS3 and it's set to automatically go online.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Fairweather Pure wrote:If I have to kick back and take it easy, a good RPG is just what the Dr. ordered. Tales of Vesperia is really good. It's well paced and is a decent length. It's a really interesting contrast to a western rpg like Fallout 3.

I kinda fall out of the norm on this board with those. Never been a big J-RPG fan.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote:How are you liking it so far, Kwon?
Liking it a LOT and hoping the Zombie Island DLC comes out before December! :D

Siren-class is just perfect, it has a bit of Rogue in it (with Phase Strike being the Backstab), and the Phasewalk can be used both Defensively and Offensively.

Since the Devs are looking over Phase Strike, i've been putting my Melee-build on hold and instead use Phasewalk as a means of regroup/getting back health as well as Dazing/Slowing opponents.
I use it mostly as a defensive measure when the going gets too tough and i need to heal, but at times (when the enemies are very crowded with many charging melees, i rush in the middle, daze them and then run out and into cover, letting the team more easily handle them. Slowing them makes it easier for the Snipers too to hit em.

SMG is my weapon of choice (but use weapons of several types, if you assign four different SMGs to your four directional buttons, you will plow through SMG-ammo in no time and end up Out of Ammo fast when in a dungeon), but i also use a Repeater Pistol and a Sniper Rifle for VERY special situations.

All of my weaps have some kind of Elemental Damage (which Sirens have a skill that can boost, increasing the chance for the Proc), with either Fire, Electricity (Can stun and is great for removing Shields) etc

Also got a Class Mod that adds Corrosive damage to the Phase Blast (Corrosion is great for heavily armored opponents while Fire is best VS Fleshy ones).

With added Slow on the shots from afar (Talent is called MindGames in the Controller Tree), you can fire and forget in most situations with many enemies, letting the dots do their job.

Fire is also very fun since the enemies scream "Im burning" and you see them burn up lol.

At first i was going Brick, but Lilith the Siren is VERY fun with debuffs and a sweet way of stealthing out of combat when needed.

When Phase-Strike works correctly, i'll prolly respec into a Backstabbing Phase Striker with an added Phoenix + Dramatic Entrance on that.

The Melee-Spec (when Backstab / Phase-Strike works as intended)
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skill ... 0005505005

My Current Shooty Spec
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skill ... 0005050500

My Juggernaut-build for Brick (Using Sting like a Bee to close to distance on shooting enemies, might use it at 5 / 5)
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skill ... 0050000000

Was thinking of tryin' a Medic-build someday too :D

Roland the Medic
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skill ... 5500505505
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

This is also a great game to play in small bursts. I've had hardly no time at all to game this week, but I've done a couple of quests in Borderlands in short 20-30 minute playtimes and felt like I have progressed.

The Diablo reference is fitting because whenever I get a nice new item I immediately swap it out and give it a try on the next group I'm fighting. There are some prety cool effects too!
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

I am really enjoying this game. Picked it up for 360 2 days ago and my roommate and I have been playing whenever we get a chance. We started with split-screen co-op and both got to about 20 before my other wireless controller went on the fritz. I did some games on live after that to see what it was like and it seems pretty solid. Would love to run with some of you guys.

tjevolved is my gamertag.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

PS3 is where it's at Gonz! :D
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Gonzoie - Luclin wrote:I am really enjoying this game. Picked it up for 360 2 days ago and my roommate and I have been playing whenever we get a chance. We started with split-screen co-op and both got to about 20 before my other wireless controller went on the fritz. I did some games on live after that to see what it was like and it seems pretty solid. Would love to run with some of you guys.

tjevolved is my gamertag.
I added you to the gamertag thread, and I'll add you myself here today sometime. Shoot me a message if you see me playing borderlands and want to do some co op.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I picked it up on 360 yesterday and got a hunter up to level 10 or so.

My playtime is probably going to be kind of sporadic, but feel free to add me (mp72) if you'd like to play sometime.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Got my Siren up to level 28 now, holy shit they are monsters! Was playing with friends last night that are a soldier and hunter and half the time I'd wipe an entire group of people out before they could even shoot. Loving this game!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The most damaging Siren-build atm.

Key Items
Use Incendiary SMGs x3 or better (that cause Burn)
Firefly Class Mod (boosts incendiary damage as well as adds + to key-skills)
Incendiary Artifact (whenever you Phase Blast, you burn everyone around you)

Key-Skills
Spark
Hard to Get
Radiance
Phoenix

Add Diva, Inner Glow, Girl Power for survivability as well as Dramatic Entrance and replace it with Mind Games later on.

This will cause HUGE PBAoE + dot-damage, burning fleshies down very quick.

Whenever you are wounded, Phasewalk to regain health with Inner Glow (with Inner Glow you dont need Health Regen Shields, use a High Capacity Shield that Diva-skill boosts even further).

Place yourself in the middle of the bunch of enemies and shock them with Radiance until Phasewalk ends and BOOM!

Phase Blast damage + Incendiary Artifact + Phoenix.

Firefly mod boosts the damage and they all burn down to ashes! :D

Each time an enemy dies, Phoenix kicks in with its Fire damage around you, as well as Girl Power, regaining your shields!

--

Later on when you face highly armored foes such as Crimson Lance, you could replace all the fire with Corrosion.

Corrosive SMG.
Corrosive Artifact.
Plaguebearer Class Mod.

But the best Synergy is Fire for Siren, since Firefly Class Mod also boosts the skill Phoenix as well as the Incendiary Artifact.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I went for a little different approach, I prefer to do more damage shooting than with the elemental stuff.

Current Build

The class mod I'm using right now is actually pretty bad ass, it does:
40x SMG damage
+2 Diva
+2 Quicksilver
+2 Slayer

I use the shock artifact cause it looks cooler and I'm not using any of the elemental skills :) When I phasewalk I regen pretty much all my health, and I can use it every 20 seconds so health is generally not an issue. If I phase up to something and start shooting it in the face, after a couple bullets it's dazed and I can just dance around it shooting and it's too slow to shoot me at all.

I may take a different approach at higher levels depending on gear, guns etc - but right now the smg I have is crazy good and I do great damage. Assuming I don't have a major change of heart, at 50 my build will look like:

This
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I also have a Shock-build im using.

Shock is great since it electrocutes and stuns.

When i shock, i use

Shocking SMG x3 with HIGH Rate of Fire.
Shocking Artifact
Tempest Class Mod

Mind Games 5 / 5, not only do you daze them from afar, they also get shocked.
Quicksilver 5 / 5 (Even faster rate!)
Spark 5 / 5

Basically, its about not letting any enemy reach you, theyre either constantly shocked or dazed.

Using Diva, Inner Glow, Hard to Get for Survivability.

Enforcer and High Velocity is added to the Shock-Build to help Mind Games and more Shocks.

Great for Co-Op, since Dazed and Shocked enemies are easy to snipe for Mordy for example.

---

Oh and there is a Mercenary Class Mod you'll find later Funk, that not only boost SMG damage with a huge amount, but also regens SMG bullets!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sounds like the game gets better after the first ten minutes I played!

Is there a satisfaction level with killing stuff or does it just seem like killing a bunch of random goons? An early criticism I read from a beta player was that it didn't seem to have a focus.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You have quests out the ass in this game. I'm not sure how it's missing focus.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:You have quests out the ass in this game. I'm not sure how it's missing focus.
Well, missing a purpose is a better way to put it.

Quests out the ass doesn't tell me anything if each quest is "go kill five goons", rinse, repeat. Are the quests unique? Interesting?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:You have quests out the ass in this game. I'm not sure how it's missing focus.

Quests out the ass doesn't tell me anything if each quest is "go kill five goons", rinse, repeat. Are the quests unique? Interesting?
No. It's all just kill 5 goons. Once in awhile you have to kill a head goon. Sometimes you have to collect stuff, but you have to kill goons in the process.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Winnow wrote:

I guess the focus is, if you paid attention to it, the chick who randomly appears telling you to do this or that, ultimately guiding you through the "storyline". I didn't get to hear all of her speeches because sometimes I'd have random other stuff going on during the game, or people talking.

If you stop and listen/read the quests text, you can get a feel for what/why you're killing 5 x,y,z.

I think Miir answered my question earlier about whether this was a console game ported over or not, with Gearbox saying it was designed with PC in mind first and I'd have to say that I think that Gearbox is full of fucking shit. The way half the interface/controls are designed, I feel like it fits much better as a Console game vs PC. I have since, changed the behavior of many of the default settings (toggle zoom, mouse scroll in quest menus, etc) and it feels a bit more comfortable. I'm still a bit weirded out by not having a "last weapon" swap button on q, and being able to actually hold my melee weapon (I think I play too much CS/HL games).

Also, interface and port forwarding required to get PC games up is pretty fucking retarded. I can completely see the angle which several other posters took about wanting to go with console, simply because you can drop the disc in your console and it works. This was the first game I ever had to really mess with my firewall just to get game hosting to work. Fucking train wreck imo. Along with the public game search window bs.

Overall, my feelings about this game are very positive, previous gripes aside. I thoroughly enjoy single player (which is something that hasn't happened in a long time) and definitely enjoy multiplayer. With the plenty of side quests and 87 bazillion guns, I feel like in the 30min to 2hr sessions my life allows that I actually progress and/or accomplish something, so it's fun for me. I also realize, that I could probably plow through an epic several hour session of multi-player with friends, if I had the time.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

with Gearbox saying it was designed with PC in mind first and I'd have to say that I think that Gearbox is full of fucking shit. The way half the interface/controls are designed, I feel like it fits much better as a Console game vs PC. I
From a development standpoint it makes perfect sense to develop a UI and control scheme that is used across all platforms... especially considering one of the GFW requirements is full compatibility with the xbox controller.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

miir wrote:
with Gearbox saying it was designed with PC in mind first and I'd have to say that I think that Gearbox is full of fucking shit. The way half the interface/controls are designed, I feel like it fits much better as a Console game vs PC. I
From a development standpoint it makes perfect sense to develop a UI and control scheme that is used across all platforms... especially considering one of the GFW requirements is full compatibility with the xbox controller.
Like I said later, it could be that I'm really just used to Valve games, where the controls are the same across them all. However, I'll still say that I think some of the controls make no sense to me, like having to use the enter key to go past some of the quest menus, not being able to simply click on the mouse.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I'm a level 15 sniper and am enjoying the game a lot (on PC), but I am having one hell of a time with bosses. All the bosses I have fought so far basically charge me and kick the crap out of my ass making all my sniping skills mostly useless.

Is it any easier with non-sniping classes? Also, what shields are people using, I see very little impact from the "flame wave" or "shock nova" effects of shields getting low so I tend to choose health regen shields.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

As a Siren, the bosses have all been a joke. Especially the most recent one I killed, I can't remember his name but he sits on a turret. I used phase walk to run up to him, jumped on top of his turret so he couldn't shoot me, and burned him down in like 10 seconds.

As a sniper you're probably going to want to tailor your talents so that you are able to put out some decent damage with your sidearm too, for these types of situations. You start getting some revolvers before long that put out some absurdly high damage.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Avestan wrote:I'm a level 15 sniper and am enjoying the game a lot (on PC), but I am having one hell of a time with bosses. All the bosses I have fought so far basically charge me and kick the crap out of my ass making all my sniping skills mostly useless.

Is it any easier with non-sniping classes? Also, what shields are people using, I see very little impact from the "flame wave" or "shock nova" effects of shields getting low so I tend to choose health regen shields.
Need to try and kite them in circles I've found, at least for the REALLY tough ones. Roid Rage guy for example, I just ran in circles till I hear the grenades detonate behind me, turned and plugged him a few times. Helped that he has a giant head :) Also liked the talent that made my Bloodwing heal me when it did damage, complemented kiting well.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Pistols have some really nice secondary effects so don't ignore them.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

I prefer revolvers to pistols :)
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i started as a hunter but switched to brick. hunter just seems way too weaksauce especially solo. mostly i think his talents just arent good enough to make up for the low health. i have a lot more fun as brick - i can still snipe bitches from a distance with no problem but i can also rip people to shreds face to face without having to worry about getting insta gibbed. plus being able to regen health to full every 30 seconds or whatever is very nice
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dregor Thule wrote:I prefer revolvers to pistols :)
There are some ridiculously powerful revolvers.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've sold many Orange Legendary Revolvers that regenerate ammo and do superb damage per shot etc.

Revolvers arent my style! They're just too slow.

Repeaters and SMGs though! :)

I like the rate of fire 12-15+ :) preferably with Fire or Shock x4
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Downloaded it last night, played it like 30 min, then deleted my download version and preordered it from Steam (was still 1 hour till it got euro release when i ordered), and gonna play around with it today.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Finished first playthrough last night at level 37. I got nearly all the achievements in the course of the game but am gonna polish the rest up this weekend :)

Lots of fun, looking forward to the next playthroughs to get some cool weapons, although I have a orange SMG right now that does absurdly large amounts of fire damage, sexy.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Beat the second play through this morning. I then created a new game and realized every monster in the game is now level 49-53. Great little touch to the game. They now all drop 48+ level items, so I think later today Im going to go farm some good weapons and see if every boss is available to kill now regardless of if i killed it already.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Gonzoie - Luclin wrote:Beat the second play through this morning. I then created a new game and realized every monster in the game is now level 49-53. Great little touch to the game. They now all drop 48+ level items, so I think later today Im going to go farm some good weapons and see if every boss is available to kill now regardless of if i killed it already.
Third playthrough is where it's at for the GOOD gear! :D

I recommend Crimson Fastness for now!

Pity you aint on PS3!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

I only tried to play Siren and Sniper so far, and i am kinda mixed about it.

My siren seemed to die a LOT (thanks for the Second Wind idea, its a lifesaver, REALLY), and her ability only seemed to be a "run a little away and try to shoot some and run around and hope the elemental dots kill it", and generally had to get lucky on pathing on big badass mobs, or die and hope for second wind to work.

Sniper seemed the same, good as long as you are far away, if a badass mob or boss is in the area, pray you win :(.

Am i just playing it very wrong, or does it seems to be aimed VERY much at multiplayer?
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If you are playong solo, I'm pretty sure those are the two worst classes to play. I'm playing as a soldier and not having any issues to speak of. If I were plaing multi, I would go siren.