Borderlands

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Borderlands

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Hesten wrote:I only tried to play Siren and Sniper so far, and i am kinda mixed about it.

My siren seemed to die a LOT (thanks for the Second Wind idea, its a lifesaver, REALLY), and her ability only seemed to be a "run a little away and try to shoot some and run around and hope the elemental dots kill it", and generally had to get lucky on pathing on big badass mobs, or die and hope for second wind to work.

Sniper seemed the same, good as long as you are far away, if a badass mob or boss is in the area, pray you win :(.

Am i just playing it very wrong, or does it seems to be aimed VERY much at multiplayer?
The Firefly-build works very well solo for the Siren, but Co-op is where it's at! :)

Before you get some levels with Siren, go for survivability and control though!

Dramatic Entrance Daze, Diva, Inner Glow, Girl Power etc, then Respec later on (cheap)

If you don't like Fire, there's always Corrosion! :)

The majority of the Sirens go Fire, but i find Shock being viable as well, depending on the situ.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Hehe, at the moment i just got a small issue with my stupid router to be able to play online, for some reason only the first three ports i have portforwarded works, been trying to solve it for 6+ hours, posted on the Cisco forums now and hope someone got any idea why it wont work :(
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Pity you aint on the PS3!

I have plenty o' legendary orange weapons for you (even for lower levels)

Did you decide on a Class yet? What lvl?

What weapon preference?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Hehe, i do have a PS3, but i do NOT play shooters on a console, need a mouse .)

Im still playing to test it out, using Mordechai at the moment, pretty cool class, as long as mobs are not close :)
Might make a soldier for multiplayer with a friend, when/if i can get my stupid router to behave.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

[Show]
Man, that ending was super disappointing!
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Dregor Thule wrote:
[Show]
I agree..
[Show]
But listening to Patricia Tannis lose her mind throughout the journal quests made this games worth it!
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm dabbling in this game as a Siren in a very casual gamer kind of way. When do I get to start assigning points and phasewalking? I'm level 4. Is it level 5?

Also, what is it with strategy guides lately? I haven't been able to find Demon's Souls, Borderlands or Dragon Age (the scanned Bradygames/Prima type guides) anywhere. Have people become honest all the sudden? I can usually find those guides a week or so after the games are released.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Looking forward to the upcoming Zombie DLC! :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I honestly don't see how elemental spec for a siren could be better than going all out damage. I mean, the class mods that add to poison/fire are nice and all, but with those weapons you linked above kwon I just think you could do a ton more damage by putting points into the left side of the assassin tree.

My final build ended up with about half into assassin left side, half into control left side, and a few points into elemental. I have a weapon that does fire damage but a Mercenary class mod and I am pretty much unstoppable. The only point so far where I have even had to slow down is towards the end of the game on my second playthrough.

I want to get to the end of the third playthrough and farms the chests in Crimson Fastness and see what kind of crazy weapons I can come up with :)
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Now that I can use a mouse again, I'm going to be playing the shit out of this game.

Aardor on steam.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Gonzoie - Luclin wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:
[Show]
I agree..
[Show]
But listening to Patricia Tannis lose her mind throughout the journal quests made this games worth it!

Agreed, those were great. I'd get really mad when the audio would cut out randomly on them. Saw in the credits that she also did the voice of Lilith!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:I honestly don't see how elemental spec for a siren could be better than going all out damage. I mean, the class mods that add to poison/fire are nice and all, but with those weapons you linked above kwon I just think you could do a ton more damage by putting points into the left side of the assassin tree.

My final build ended up with about half into assassin left side, half into control left side, and a few points into elemental. I have a weapon that does fire damage but a Mercenary class mod and I am pretty much unstoppable. The only point so far where I have even had to slow down is towards the end of the game on my second playthrough.

I want to get to the end of the third playthrough and farms the chests in Crimson Fastness and see what kind of crazy weapons I can come up with :)
Those were mere examples for Hesten.

The best damaging build is the Firefly with Mercenary 2nd.

The best weapon for the Siren, is a Hellfire Combustion SMG with good damage, rate but most of all it has x4 Fire and Very High chance of Elemental effect.

Add that to the Synergy of the rest of the Firefly build and the Firefly mod and it tears through anything (everything just burns down).

The Best Fire SMG
Incendiarty Artifact
A great Firefly mod boosting the fire damage
Phoenix
Spark
Quicksilver

Rest is how you want it, Survivability etc, myself i use Inner Glow, Mind Games etc

In 2nd place is the Mercenary, Shock/Corrosion etc are not close to Merc or Fire in dmg.

Plaguebearer, Tempest etc Shock/Corrosive just do not compete with Merc or Firefly atm.

The choice is either

Anarchy / Merc or Hellfire / Firefly

Merc-build is more raw damage, but with firefly you use the dots as well as Phoenix to burn everything down.

They're both viable, but corrosive / shock / explo are not as competitive.

The saying goes

Firefly excels on everything but aliens, Merc with anarchy is far superior for aliens.

Hellfire Combustion
Dmg 148
Accuracy 90.5
Rate 12.5
2.4 Scope
X4 Flame
Very High Chance of Elemental
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oh and with a Combustion Hellfire with "Very High Chance" you don't even have to put points in Spark (1 is ok!) since it procs so often! :) You can use those skillpoints elsewhere!

x4 is a must for MOST burn damage. (x4 is a must on ANY elemental weapon but Fire is where its at pre-DLC)

Good Firefly Mod boosting both the x4 Hellfire, Phoenix, Incendiary Artifact etc

Firefly Mod
56% ignite damage (boosting all the burn-damage from all your sources!)
+3 diva (Better shield, Better survivability, with a good shield you can almost reach 3000 shield!)
+4 phoenix (Even more damage from Phoenix!)
+3 spark (with merely 1pt in Spark, you get 4/5 effect, but Spark isnt as required with a Very High Proc-Chance Hellfire!)

With Firefly mod, ANY fire damage you deal, from weapon, skill, from phaseblast/incendiary, the damage will increase! and STACK
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

This is my current build:

Badass

I use the mercenary class mod that gives:
+3 Girl Power
+3 Quicksilver
+3 Slayer
+13 ammo regen (or somewhere in that ballpark)

I generally use a corrosive artifact to help out with the armor on most of the stuff in the second half of the game.

I use the Hellfire SMG you are talking about too.. With that build I can run into a group of stuff shooting and just keep running past and they are dead before I can look over my shoulder. I'm almost done with my second playthrough and the only achievements I'm missing are the ones for getting 10 kills with each of the other three classes special move.. easy to do. I want to get to the end of the third playthrough to get the best shit, but with Dragon Age coming out today I think this will be on hold now for a while.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Man, you guys plow through games so quickly.

I'm still on my first playthough on a level 25 hunter.
Enjoying the game quite a lot.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Funkmasterr wrote:This is my current build:

Badass

+3 Girl Power
+3 Quicksilver
+3 Slayer
What is the class mods?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Hesten wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:This is my current build:

Badass

+3 Girl Power
+3 Quicksilver
+3 Slayer
What is the class mods?
You don't start getting them until probably level 15-20.. I'm not sure to be honest, they go in the equipment slot below your shield.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Playing Borderlands still casually when I get a chance.

It's amazing what a good weapon drop will do.

Early on, I took down a level 18 Brute (not a boss or anything) and he dropped a Purple Combat rifle with 80 damage and +43 (67 total) Cartridge with added damage percentage.. At my levels (the teens) nothing in the combat rifle class came anywhere close to 80 damage and with that monster bonus to cartridge size and high damage and pretty fast firing rate (boosted by the +25% from Quicksliver), I mowed down enemies like nobodies business. It's one of those weapons you have a hard time replacing because it's so good. I think it's level 13 and I'm still using it at level 21.

I'm Firefly Build. Been using Sniper rifle a ton though. I got a weapon drop that had 9 cartridge for Sniper on top of a huge bonus to firing rate and the sniper rifle feels like a fast shooting pistol

At level 21, I finally got Firefly mod +2 Phoenix +2 Diva +2 Spark +24% Ignite (waiting on better one but this nice starter mod) along with the Fire Artifact and my new tactics have been less sniping and more running into group, hitting Phasewalk, unphasing, unloading 67 clip Combat rifle, and then running back to rebuild shield and wait for Phase to replenish while sniping a bit. This weapon absolutely destroyed Skagzilla with one reload I think. (lotta critical mouth shots)

I respec'd out of Radiance because the phasewalking shock damage didnt seem like much even at 5/5. As Kwon said earlier, I'm going to focus on Dramatic Entrance and Hard to get and then respec over to get Phoenix later because the mid skills on the elemental tree arent very good IMO.

Anyway, this game turned out to be a lot more entertaining than I thought. Demon's Souls, Borderlands and Dragon Age have made for some seriously good entertainment to keep my slow casual gamer needs occupied with stuff like Magna Carta 2, etc, decent filler until FFXIII.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I switched to a gunslinger spec on Mordecai on the weekend.
I got a level 26 purple scoped revolver and a really good purple gunslinger class mod.

Ridiculously fun.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:I switched to a gunslinger spec on Mordecai on the weekend.
I got a level 26 purple scoped revolver and a really good purple gunslinger class mod.

Ridiculously fun.
Yeah, in this game, the weapon drops kinda shape your character a bit, at least early on. I'd never have been using a combat rifle as my primary weapon , but man, when you get a beastly drop, you kinda stick with it. I'll have to hope for some good elemental weapon drops.

I've been using revolvers as my backup weapon (out of other Combat ammo etc) I have revolvers with 3.4X scope which makes it like another sniper weapon.

The quests have been surprisingly fun as well. Nothing extraordinary but they manage to mix up the locations/quests up enough to make them not seem super repetitive.

I'm looking for good 22-25 level grind spot. I used the entrance to Sledge zone for my late teens and the Lost Cave. In the lost cave, I had it down to getting three weapon lock boxes and then exiting the game to get back to the entrance to reset the mobs/boxes and repeating. It's nice to be able to use "exit game" to get yourself back to the start of a zone and reset it, if grinding.

Also, second wind rocks. Glad they put that in the game. One complaint I have is looting. There's so much loot that targeting and hitting "X" to loot stuff becomes tedious. Am I missing something or is there another way to loot (360) I just wish the range was a little higher for looting and less precise on targeting the loot.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

I'm only 25 or 26 on my Mordecai and I pretty much use Sniper rifles all the time. I keep reading the bird is like end all be all once you get the points to make it attack multiples and can lower reuse to almost spam it (not that 38 seconds is THAT long to begin with), but I don't like using it. I also tried a Gunslinger build, but I think my pistols aren't that great.

My Soldier (named Barack Obama!) is level 50 and I'm about to beat Playthrough 2 and relies on a mix between 2 Revolvers (Masher and Defiler), 1 Combat Rifle, 1 Shotgun (Team Healing), and a Sniper Rifle. The spec I went with was the Soldier and Medic tree while using a Team Ammo mod + random other stats. I don't really like using the revolvers so much, but the 2 I have just kick the other items to the curb in terms of usefulness for me.

I really can't wait for DLC or other updates to the game, I really think it has a lot of potential, but definitely room for improvement, because I still hate the UI of the game (Buy/Quest menus) and it'd be neat if there were at least a few armor slots to bump up the WANT MORE GEAR PLZ Diablo urges I have.

*Want more Boss freeze frames, early ones had me laughing pretty hard
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Aevian Dreaklear
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: Bisky Campst

Post by Aevian Dreaklear »

Winnow wrote:
Also, second wind rocks. Glad they put that in the game. One complaint I have is looting. There's so much loot that targeting and hitting "X" to loot stuff becomes tedious. Am I missing something or is there another way to loot (360) I just wish the range was a little higher for looting and less precise on targeting the loot.
Say there is a group of items, hover all the items like you normally would when looting, but hold X instead of tapping it. That will grab all the items nearby. Depending on how closely the items are clustered, you should be able to grab quite a bit of them. The only problem with looting this way is that when you come across an item and loot it via the holding X button method, you automatically equip it. Hope this helps.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This game rocks. I love that you can respec for cheap, allowing you to have fun instead of stress over skill point placement. I finally got enough skill points to get Phoenix and immediately respecd to have 4/5 phoenix with one point in Diva (for my class mod to function for that skill)

It's so much fun running into the heart of a mob or npc camp, setting off Phasewalk, watching everything burn and slowly electrocute, and then unphase by using melee on npc of my choice, watch the mayhem as the fireball explodes, and then either unleash a flurry of bullets on the dazed enemy or scoot out of the battle scene to recover my shield and rephase while sniping away.

I also have a Rocket Launcher (x4 fire) that's fun to use as well.

I feel like a suicide bomber that can't die!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Anyone notice how the matchmaking was today? I played some BF1943 and had no problems finding matches despite it being the release day of mw2.
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

Expansion DLC should be available tomorrow!
Zombies and Wereskaggs and new loot, Oh My!!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'll definitely be checking this expansion out right away :)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Eventhough the DLC was obviously aimed for a Halloween release, it's still a lot of fun.

My incendiary sniper rifle got a real workout last night.
Exploding zombies = fun
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

I dig the Chest Goons that bring the phat lewtz to you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hows this expansion work for levels? I just completed my first pass in Borderlands. If I grab the downloadable, am I stuck going through it on level 2 even though I'm I'm at very beginning of my #2 pass?

I'll have to see if there's an earlier saved game from level 1.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm assuming that the content scales to level.
I went through it on my level 37 hunter and the zombies were level 32-36.
Just click a New-U post and you'll see the destination down at the bottom.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

We Euros havent gotten the Zombie-DLC in PStore yet!

Is it fun? :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:Hows this expansion work for levels? I just completed my first pass in Borderlands. If I grab the downloadable, am I stuck going through it on level 2 even though I'm I'm at very beginning of my #2 pass?

I'll have to see if there's an earlier saved game from level 1.
When you load your game, you will be able to select playthrough 1 or 2. Select 1 if you want and go there, but it should be available for your second playthrough too since no progression is required to access it (that I know of).

I went through it on playthrough 2. Didn't get any loot worth looking at solo but that's ok. It was pretty fun :) The only thing that kinda stunk was the braaaaaaaains quests.. I had picked a ton of brains up prior to getting the quest, but they don't count towards the quest at all - which sucks. Like 3 full clears of the entire damn main area and Hallows End to get the brains for all four parts of the quest.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Finally got the Zombie DLC and it is quite fun!

Zombies are scary but Combustion SMG takes good care of them!

Just don't use Shock weapons on Tankensteins.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I have a friend coming over tonight for some co-op fun. We plan on doing the DKC together. We're planning on a Siren/Soldier combo.

I haven't touched the DLC yet, so it should be a fun night.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I have a friend coming over tonight for some co-op fun. We plan on doing the DKC together. We're planning on a Siren/Soldier combo.

Thanksgiving Weekend I played some COOP locally with a friend. It's fun but beware that the split screen is a little frustrating with the UI. you have to scroll back and forth to see your inventory, etc screens and sometimes you can't really get the stats to in on the screen when trying to compare weapons or see pop up stats from something on the ground. Otherwise, it's a blast with two people.

We also played the Siren/Soldier combo with my friend being the newbie to the game, playing the soldier. We only got to level 12 or so, so I wasn't able to play the Siren the way they're meant to by running deep into the enemy locations and phase dazing them/blowing them to hell with the soldier opens fire but it was still fun. COOP definitely has higher level/tougher mobs and we were short on ammo lots of times, making some of the boss fights fun and challenging, switching between weapons to use up any ammo left. "Second Wind" saved my ass many times.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:I have a friend coming over tonight for some co-op fun. We plan on doing the DKC together. We're planning on a Siren/Soldier combo.

Thanksgiving Weekend I played some COOP locally with a friend. It's fun but beware that the split screen is a little frustrating with the UI. you have to scroll back and forth to see your inventory, etc screens and sometimes you can't really get the stats to in on the screen when trying to compare weapons or see pop up stats from something on the ground. Otherwise, it's a blast with two people.

We also played the Siren/Soldier combo with my friend being the newbie to the game, playing the soldier. We only got to level 12 or so, so I wasn't able to play the Siren the way they're meant to by running deep into the enemy locations and phase dazing them/blowing them to hell with the soldier opens fire but it was still fun. COOP definitely has higher level/tougher mobs and we were short on ammo lots of times, making some of the boss fights fun and challenging, switching between weapons to use up any ammo left. "Second Wind" saved my ass many times.
Nice info to have going into this tonight. Thanks for the heads up.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

The beginning of the game is a bit off balanced when starting with 2 players. Up until after you kill sledge you tend to be 1-2 levels behind where you should be unless you go out and grind.

Have played the co-op mode from the beginning with 3 different people, and we ran into the same problem every time. Right around the Bone Head quest we start dwindling back in required level. The difficulty was too hard starting with 2 people. Around level 20 it evens out nicely and plays smooth in co-op. You just have to be ready for a really tough, or really long beginning in co-op.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

First time i did Bonehead, i think i was lvl 8 or so, we were three or four people and got our asses handed to us! :D

I think Bonehead was lvl 11 or 12!

We got him eventually
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/12/ ... -revealed/

Next DLC will be released Dec 29. A bank and 2 more skill points will be added along with the other content.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

01:25 PM

Heads up - This isn't "three new arenas".

This is an ENTIRELY NEW GAME MODE.

Think ODST's "Firefight" or Gears of War's "Horde Mode".

Cash, prizes and competition!

It's like Smash TV in coop FPS, but in the Borderlands.
Randy Pitchford just posted this on a comment on Kotaku.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:First time i did Bonehead, i think i was lvl 8 or so, we were three or four people and got our asses handed to us! :D

I think Bonehead was lvl 11 or 12!

We got him eventually

Bonehead was tough in COOP but we got him as well around the same level. Two of us (Siren/Soldier). Took out his supporting cast and then I ran up to him and unloaded a purple SMG (high dmg, fast firing and large clip) into him non stop crits right into his face after friend took out his shield. Finished him off with a melee bitchslap to the face for the few remaining points he had left!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

The 5 round arenas are nice, but the loot generally is useless. The 20 rounders are just brutal and draining. The debuffs you get stuck on you are random and when you have certain combos of 4 of them on you....ugh. I know it took us 4+ hours with 3 of us doing Hell-burbia. Comparatively, I did a 5 rounder in about 40 minutes solo with a Siren.

The zombie DLC is superb. I have run that sucker quite a bit with all 3 of my 50's. The siren with Hellfire really rips those up. The soldier with commando mod and a beast of a shotgun dusts things off pretty quickly as well there.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The 5 round arenas are nice, but the loot generally is useless. The 20 rounders are just brutal and draining. The debuffs you get stuck on you are random and when you have certain combos of 4 of them on you....ugh. I know it took us 4+ hours with 3 of us doing Hell-burbia. Comparatively, I did a 5 rounder in about 40 minutes solo with a Siren.

The zombie DLC is superb. I have run that sucker quite a bit with all 3 of my 50's. The siren with Hellfire really rips those up. The soldier with commando mod and a beast of a shotgun dusts things off pretty quickly as well there.
I did the zombie dlc. It was cool, but far too easy with my siren. I haven't done the arena stuff but likely will only because of the achievements (I bought it just haven't played it). I really wish there were more/more variety of orange weapons that just made you crazy overpowered. It would give a reason to keep playing after you hit max level and finish dlc.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The orange weapons are the suck in a lot of cases. The purple ones are where you can find some real variety. The orange always have a special effect and in many cases that is what limits the gun. From what I understand, they will be pushing out DLC for as long as people buy them.

For real fun, be on playthrough 2.5 with a couple of friends, go out to Rust Commons East and just walk around the place. The insane spider pops will make you wonder if they are ever going to stop coming. It can actually be a bit of a challenge and force you to really work to clear them all.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/3334/ ... l_Cap.html

The new DLC is supposedly going to be adding a large chunk and level cap increase to the game. The downside to that is going to be farming up new weapons that are going to be needed for the higher levels.

I am secretly hoping they swing a nerf stick to a few of the weapons. The Hellfire in particular is so stupidly overpowered that it makes the game too easy. When you only have to fire near someone and have them burst into flames and die within a couple of seconds, there is an issue. When I run my Siren now, I refuse to use that weapon. I am sticking to a pretty nice Savior and a Pestilent that I run most of the time and switch out to a 125x4 Double Anarchy when the shit hits the fan.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The orange weapons are the suck in a lot of cases. The purple ones are where you can find some real variety. The orange always have a special effect and in many cases that is what limits the gun. From what I understand, they will be pushing out DLC for as long as people buy them.

For real fun, be on playthrough 2.5 with a couple of friends, go out to Rust Commons East and just walk around the place. The insane spider pops will make you wonder if they are ever going to stop coming. It can actually be a bit of a challenge and force you to really work to clear them all.

the weapon color doesn't really affect the quality of the item like in world of warcraft, it just reflects the rarity of that color occuring, hence it's completely useless. that said, loot generation is completely random, there aren't really any uber guns that exist since they are all created ad hoc from a list of available parts that have different effects that are randomly combined. i've made some of my own crazy ass weapons tinkering around with the config files on the pc version. i have an infinite ammo rocket launcher that shoots 7 rockets at once at like 8.0 speed and when you zoom in it doubles the speed and can completely freeze up an i7 cpu computer.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

well there are unique guns, but even those have some randomized stats. It is very similar to Diablo in loot generation...which is good since there is no true cookie cutter build. The orange/yellow guns are all legendary/unique, which makes them less than random
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

the only unique guns are the ones you get from quest rewards. literally all of the orange and yellow are 100 percent random. You may see them as unique but it only seems that way because certain attributes are given names that are tied to different pieces of the weapon IE the Hellfire SMGs you see everyone with. Hellfire is actually an effect tied to an SMG barrel.
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

Anyone playing the new expansion that came out just recently?
I downloaded it yesterday and it pulled me in but good.
2 new vehicles, several new baddies, and lots and lots of driving, as there is no quick travelling or whatever the hell its called.

Oh, and 11 more levels possible now for your character.

Good fun.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I finally broke down and got this game and am sad that I waited this long. :( Trudging through the lower levels solo until i reach by buddies
Fuck Michigan!