So I'm new to this game...

Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: So I'm new to this game...

Post by Ashur »

miir wrote:Weight limits are less of an issue now.
All of my characters (except casters)run around with 36 slot boxes.
What specific type of boxes. I'm suddenly keen on this idea.
- Ash
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

The rosewood boxes are 36 slotters. Go for 8-9g each on Guk.
Sabek
Just Sabek
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Rosewood are 32... the Redwood Strong Boxes are 36
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Dregor Thule wrote:My ears are burning!
You spelled ass wrong.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Yeah, get the boxes, Ash. You get over the bag thing once you realize you can carry around tradeskill shit, collectibles and misc drops at same time with room to spare... Put them in your bank as well, obviously.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'm not sure, but I think I already put big boxes in my bank. So if you go over your weight limit you don't slow down?

EDIT: I just has flashbacks to my EQ Smithing days where it took SOW in NFP for Ashur to even move at all from the guy who sold the ore blocks to the forge and even that was at a complete crawl. Ahh, those were the days! That max smithing was well earned.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I am think you do slow down if you go over weight.

It was much fun to give newbies a buttload of copper in ecommons and have them stand helpless while getting destroyed by orcs or the roaming giant...
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Mystic should have a fuckton of STR.
Mine with a full set of Cobalt Reverent Chain, melee stat jewelry and buff has over 600 STR.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Yar, Barb Mystic does, but don't the strongboxes weigh like 100 pounds each or something like that?
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

yup, 100 lb. I have the swashie loaded with em and have about 800 lb to spare.
en kærlighed småkager
Toalin
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Toalin »

so i picked this up on the weekend,

went with a fury for now, after a bit of reading, playing on najena server because it seemed to have the largest aussie population,

curious any advice on druid/fury aa's? mostly gonna be soloing/duoing with a dirge/bruiser/swash hasnt been finalised yet, but any input would be valued
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

You should be able to get some good AA infos from http://www.eq2flames.com.

From what I know, a Fury is an excellent solo choice, plus they are valued for the healings on raids and whatnot. Of course, every class can solo. Seems like a good duo combo as well. My main is a swashy(67) and I also duo with Ash all the time (61 Mystic). You can do quite a bit with various duo combos.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Canelek wrote:From what I know, a Fury is an excellent solo choice, plus they are valued for the healings on raids and whatnot. .
Fury is an above average solo/group class... no so much for raids as druids are a dime-a-dozen and don't have much in the way of buffs or debuffs.

The main issue with druids (esp Fury) is that they were/are a flavour of the month class for a long time (and still are to a certain extent). Those types of classes (along with conj and necro) tend to attract a lower quality of player and have a poor reputation with the playerbase on a lot of servers.
The vast majority of people on my 'never group with again' list are Furies, Conjurors and Necros.

If you're only going to be grouping with friends, there's no problem.
If you're going to be doing any pickup groups or raiding, you may want to try a class without that stigma.

I would recommend maybe a melee spec Mystic or Inquisitor.
If a pure healer/buffer/debuffer is more your style, then perhpas a Templar or Defiler. They are both capable of soloing (albiet more slowly then their melee spec equivalent) but are two of the most desired classes for groups and raids.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I've been missing healing since coming back from WoW where I have played a resto druid for a long time. I started an inquisitor the other day since I have heard they were pretty good at soloing as well. I couldn't really get into my Mystic when EQ2 was released, and it is on another server. There are just too many classes in this game!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

miir wrote:
Canelek wrote:From what I know, a Fury is an excellent solo choice, plus they are valued for the healings on raids and whatnot. .
Fury is an above average solo/group class... no so much for raids as druids are a dime-a-dozen and don't have much in the way of buffs or debuffs.

Are you on prescribed drugs or just buying crack at the street level? Furies and wardens (especially wardens now with epic) are two of the BEST raid healers you can have. They have fast casting massive heals that are actually heals over time for less agro...but with AA can be made to tick off super fast. They also bring in some very nice in-combat power regen and DO have incredibly valuable raid buffs and mob debuffs.A warden with their new Epic is also impossible to run out of power. In most cases it is impossible to get them under 75% power even if you try.

We typically run a warden in the off-tank group that heals the main tank and spot heals the raid, and a fury in the mage group that generally can also spot heal or heal the mage group and DPS as a caster. Melee specced warden can also do fairly well solo, as can a fury that specs for root/nuke with spellcasting crits. I betrayed my Fury to Warden simply because it is the baddest duo healer you can have...and there is no arguing it.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

also bring in some very nice in-combat power regen
It's a single target power regen buff.
DO have incredibly valuable raid buffs and mob debuffs
Hahaha, you obviously know fuck all about druids.
Fury has a AGI/WIS debuff and a DOT that lowers mob casting skills (which is all but useless on raid encounters). They do have a decent single target melee buff.
Warden have umm... yeah I think I'll let you look up the incredibly valuable buffs and debuffs that wardens have. :)

I won't argue that druids are good solo classes (I have a 73 warden).... but the other priest classes bring much more utility to a group and/or a raid.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
also bring in some very nice in-combat power regen
It's a single target power regen buff.
DO have incredibly valuable raid buffs and mob debuffs
Hahaha, you obviously know fuck all about druids.
Fury has a AGI/WIS debuff and a DOT that lowers mob casting skills (which is all but useless on raid encounters). They do have a decent single target melee buff.
Warden have umm... yeah I think I'll let you look up the incredibly valuable buffs and debuffs that wardens have. :)

I won't argue that druids are good solo classes (I have a 73 warden).... but the other priest classes bring much more utility to a group and/or a raid.
Effi is 73? WTF, she was level 70 like 12 hours ago, lol! I am gonna be on tonight, hopefully I can make up 1 level at least.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Nneena has been bugging the shit out of me to give EQ2 another try since it's a game you can play in limited free time and still have something fun to do. I made a Sarnak Defiler on Perma named Alele, and it's fun so far. Hopefully I'm not fucking up his AA lines too much. ATM, I'm trying to figure out what to do about gear. The stuff obtained through the TD timeline is way better than the junk obtained in BB or Nek, but it's starting to be too lowly for my level.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I wouldn't worry too much about AA lines as you can re-spec (for an increasing cost per respec). Every 30 days the respec cost goes back to 10g.

As for as lowbie gear, if prices are good, mastercrafted gear will most often be better than what you find.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

effi is my mystic, leni is my warden.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I must not know anything about my level 80 warden then. Lets just run down what they have for raids.

Ward of the Untamed A group augmentation that places a protective barrier over the warden's group, that increases elemental resistance and wards elemental sources of damage for a limited duration

Essence of Polar Bear A group augmentation that increases the elemental resistance and health pool of the warden's group. The elemental resistance protects more against cold than it does heat

Armor of Seasons A group augmentation that increases the physical and magical damage resistance of the warden's group

Regenerating Spores An augmentation which grants an ally the chance to replenish health over time whenever they receive damage. If that ally is below 50%, the amount healed is doubled. This spell does not require any concentration, but can only be maintained on a single ally

Purity Removes hostile effects from an ally and provides a heal. That ally is additionally healed for each hostile effect that was removed

Instinct Augmentation cast by the warden that greatly increases all offensive skills of an ally. This spell does not require any concentration, but can only be maintained on a single ally

Nature's Renewal If target ally receives damage that would be fatal, instead that ally is healed over time and their wisdom is increased. This spell cannot be interrupted, does not require any power and has a very fast casting time

But other than all that and their heals and their epic mana regen they suck on raids!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

OK, so you listed all the wardens incredibly useful buffs... but I noticed that you listed no debuffs.... hmmmm....

It's common knowledge that druids have by far the lowest utility and raid desireability of all the priest classes.

Compared to shaman, their debuffs are rubbish.
Compared to clerics and shaman, their buffs are weak.

But they do have the fastest casting group and single target heals.

Don't get me wrong, I think wardens and furies are great classes... especially solo, but if your looking for a priest class with the best group and raid desireability, you're better off with a shaman or cleric.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Here's what a mystic can do....

Debuff encounter STA by 154 and heat/cold/desease/poison by 1400.
Debuff encounter attack speed by 27.
Debuff single target STR/STA by 123
Debuff single target DPS by 40.
Debuff single target attack speed by 27 and melee skills by 16.

Buff single target STR/STA/AGI by 97 and WIS/INT by 48.
Buff group physical mitigation by 950 with a 152 point regenning ward.
Buff group STR/STA by 100.
Buff group HP by 410, poison mitigation by 1500 and disease mitigation by 1200.
Buff single target HP by 850 and power by 900.
Buff single target HP and all stats by 20%.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

How is a Mystic's healing compared to a Fury/Warden? I had considered moving my Mystic over from another server for a while, heh.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

So basically, you should steer away from fruity-ass dr00ds. :)
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

It's well... different.
You have to be very proactive.
Because the direct and group heals are pretty slow casting, if you fall behind on damage spikes, it can be difficult to catch up.

Druids are more adept at equalizing because of their fast casting heals.

If you're debuffing properly it should minimize the impact of spike damage.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Do you even raid? I thought not. You are not going to be taking mutliple mystics on any raid. Furies especially can do very good DPS in addition to their heals and buffs. And if you do not think druid buffs are a giant boost to a raid's dps and defense, then I can tell you to not even bother looking to raid.

You understand there is a 24 person limit right? You understand effects do not stack from the same class? In general, most competent raiding guilds stack up 1 defiler, 1 mystic, 2 templars, 1 inquis, 1 fury, 1 warden as their healers. You can get away with swapping to either 2 furies or 2 wardens and possibly even swapping out a templar with an inquis, but things are not as effective. Plate healer cast times are too slow to keep people alive....shamans also are too slow and mostly are effective with just wards.

BTW Boog....Mystics are a great group class, but truly suck solo and are probably #4 or 5 as duo healer. The best effect they can have is when they have time to cast their debuffs and you simply do not have time with the hard hitting mobs in RoK to stop casting wards and heals.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Mystics are a great group class, but truly suck solo and are probably #4 or 5 as duo healer. The best effect they can have is when they have time to cast their debuffs and you simply do not have time with the hard hitting mobs in RoK to stop casting wards and heals.
Well it's pretty obvious that you have never played a mystic.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

*Prophet Ashimar ducks*
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

To support mystics, 9/10 times it is my fault for killing Ash....trying to maximize number of mobs hit by Swathe and all...... ;)
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
Mystics are a great group class, but truly suck solo and are probably #4 or 5 as duo healer. The best effect they can have is when they have time to cast their debuffs and you simply do not have time with the hard hitting mobs in RoK to stop casting wards and heals.
Well it's pretty obvious that you have never played a mystic.
Actually....I have played a mystic and fury/warden extensively. That would include raiding with them in through Emerald Halls and RoK. So tell me exactly how much raiding experience you have with them. I have duo'd each from 1-80 and done my 2 boxing with them in pretty much every zone and have been the healing for everything from duo to group to 4 group raids. I pretty much have the ins and outs of them down. I run a swashbuckler that is #1 worldwide in HPs and I am betting defense/mitigation as well. I have a pretty good fucking clue as to how hard mobs hit and how exactly the healers fit in on raids and duo's. Thanks for asking.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

There's that good ole' FoH ego, I sure did miss it!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

How the fuck would duoing and two boxing give you any idea how well a mystic solos?

BTW, what's your mystic's name?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Funkmasterr wrote:There's that good ole' FoH ego, I sure did miss it!

I've been with FoH for about 2 weeks, am not to 80 yet, and I am getting my ego going already. :)
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I run a swashbuckler that is #1 worldwide in HPs
How exactly does 35 become 1?
You aren't even number 1 on your own server. :roll:

I really can't be bothered to check out the rest of your claims so I'll just call bullshit on the lot of them.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Why does everyone think Kilmoll is in FoH?

/boggle

or did you mean Miir?

/boggle (or is Miir FoH Permafrost?)

Canelek and I are the two FoHers on this thread and we're still leveling up our primaries and quite frankly learning the game. Sylvos is FoH, but his ego is big enough for all of us, but I don't think you were refering to him. :)
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Sylvos has quite enough ego for all of us. Most definately agree. :D
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ashur wrote:
Why does everyone think Kilmoll is in FoH?

/boggle

or did you mean Miir?

/boggle (or is Miir FoH Permafrost?)

Canelek and I are the two FoHers on this thread and we're still leveling up our primaries and quite frankly learning the game. Sylvos is FoH, but his ego is big enough for all of us, but I don't think you were refering to him. :)
Oh I just remember seeing him and kilmoll bickering (in vv chat channel) like brother and sister (not sure which is which) about who had better raid dps and I thought they were in the same guild.

With that ego he belongs nowhere else!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek wrote:Sylvos has quite enough ego for all of us. Most definately agree. :D
And he's QUITE the Woodworker!
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Haha, I think I've heard that somewhere before.. Maybe it was Azian I heard it from..
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Just poking fun, Cyre got to level 20 as a craftsman (Woodworker) the other night and *everyone* was congratulating him.

I wouldn't be playing this game if not for Sylvos. :)
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

True that!
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
I run a swashbuckler that is #1 worldwide in HPs
How exactly does 35 become 1?
You aren't even number 1 on your own server. :roll:

I really can't be bothered to check out the rest of your claims so I'll just call bullshit on the lot of them.

I show at 35 right now because I respec with a mirror for some raids. When I respec back I sit at 11,500 HP. You know about the mirrors right? My mystic is no longer around sadly. I made it on someone else's account and ditched it when I made the fury/warden on my second account. I will spec back tonight just to satisfy you......and then you can check me against the zerkers and guardians worldwide too....since I would be in the top 75 worldwide of those classes as well.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I am like the polar opposite of FoH. Sadly, I am friends with Sylvos and Ash and Cane, which makes me feel dirty and unclean sometimes. I have to give Sylvos shit for being a gaynger.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

When I respec back I sit at 11,500 HP
I'm not exactly sure how an additional 13% HP will give you over 1500 more HP.
Regardless, I'm not sure how relevant HP are on a DPS class. It's not exactly an accurate measure on how well a person plays their class or how effective they are. All it really measures is how much STA/HP gear a person has and their AA spec.

Seriously, my assassin with pretty average gear can get close to the top 50 worldwide for HP (around 8.8k) by swapping in just a couple pieces of STA heavy gear.

Pretty convenient that your mystic is no longer around. :roll:

Anyway, it's obvious that your more concerned with epeen bragging than offering any actual useful advice.

I still stand by my opinion that druids are not the best class to choose if you plan on doing any raiding.
Their buffs are below average when compared to other priests.
Their debuffs are almost non-existant.
Druids outnumber all other priest classes combined so competition for available raid (and group) slots is through the roof.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I am done replying to you since you have zero actual raiding experience or knowledge.

Boog....furies and wardens are both decent solo and are both needed raid classes. Furies are more of a caster while wardens are kind of a "melee druid". Both classes can kill solo mobs MUCH faster than the mystic/defiler. The melee inquisitor would be a pretty similar case. They will not kill anything anywhere near as fast as real DPS classes though.

Raidwise, every healer class is desired. As I said before you typically have 1 Inquis, 1 Mystic, 1 Defiler, 2 Templars, 1 Fury, and 1 Warden as your raid healers. Typicall a Fury is with a mage group as they are capable of outputting casting DPS that can rival mages plus heal the group and offer buffs/ resistances. The wardens are better with pure healing and have some very useful rez and cure lines in their AA that are highly desired in RoK.

If you intend to solo a lot and are wanting a healer, I would probably recommend a druid that you can customize to your style. If you prefer root/nuke then fury....if you prefer to be up close then warden or an inquisitor.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Well, I have my wizard for root/nuke already. I guess I can stick with the Inquisitor for now (think I got up to 18 or 19 yesterday), and I have a Fae Warden just sitting there as well that I could use some rest xp (or the EQ2 equiv) on to see what it is like again. I think that what I remembered from my prior time playing my mystic was that it "felt" painfully slow. Similar to why I cannot seem to make myself solo with my Guardian too often, heh.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Both classes can kill solo mobs MUCH faster than the mystic/defiler.
Defiler yes, mystic no.
A number of people on this forum have seen the DPS numbers I can put up in a group as a melee mystic... some have seen how fast I can plow through mobs solo.
I parse consistently higher than I did on my melee warden did at similar level with similar gear.

As for defilers... well yea, they are about as slow solo as a templar.
Melee Inquisitors dominate mystic and warden when it comes to melee DPS.

Your ignorance of mystics makes it pretty fucking obvious that you have never played one.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I think that what I remembered from my prior time playing my mystic was that it "felt" painfully slow. Similar to why I cannot seem to make myself solo with my Guardian too often, heh.
Pre-EOF, before the Mystic AA tree, they were painfully slow to solo.
Not the case now.