Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: So I'm new to this game...

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Both classes can kill solo mobs MUCH faster than the mystic/defiler.
Defiler yes, mystic no.
A number of people on this forum have seen the DPS numbers I can put up in a group as a melee mystic... some have seen how fast I can plow through mobs solo.
I parse consistently higher than I did on my melee warden did at similar level with similar gear.

As for defilers... well yea, they are about as slow solo as a templar.
Melee Inquisitors dominate mystic and warden when it comes to melee DPS.

Your ignorance of mystics makes it pretty fucking obvious that you have never played one.

Effi is a beast. Kinda makes me jealous to see a girl kicking so much ass compared to myself ;)
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Boogahz wrote:Well, I have my wizard for root/nuke already. I guess I can stick with the Inquisitor for now (think I got up to 18 or 19 yesterday), and I have a Fae Warden just sitting there as well that I could use some rest xp (or the EQ2 equiv) on to see what it is like again. I think that what I remembered from my prior time playing my mystic was that it "felt" painfully slow. Similar to why I cannot seem to make myself solo with my Guardian too often, heh.

Guardian was painful and I had to abandon that after trying it and the Paladin. The warden is not too awful bad. You can get some decent melee gear to get their double attack rate way up....and the AA specs to autoheal with a successful attack and regnerative spores means you can just blow everything to DPS. From what I have seen from the inquis I group with on raids, he somethign similar but crits instead of double attacks. Add the porting ability and some of the little things and it is a decent all around class.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

can get some decent melee gear to get their double attack rate way up....and the AA specs to autoheal with a successful attack and regnerative spores means you can just blow everything to DPS.
Are you sure you have played a warden?

Druid AA tree gives 40% double attack and warden tree gives 75% melee crit.
Boon and Spores are nice for auto healing but mobs in ROK hit so hard that you need to supplement them with normal heals. One of my favorite warden AAs is the mitigation boost to the Protector self buffs. Wardens mitigation can rival chain.

From what I have seen from the inquis I group with on raids, he somethign similar but crits instead of double attacks
A level 80 melee spec inq will have +56 DPS mod, +20 Haste mod, 20% double attack, 100% melee crit, a massive melee skill boost (more than 50) and a 10% boost in armor mitigation.
They also have a really nice meleee power leech proc buff to make power management much easier.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

And the quest gear from leveling up will get your double attack rate up around 50% with Wild Ferocity . That gives you a 50%ish double attack rate and 80-85% crit rate with warden EoF tree depending on how you set yourself up with gear. Personally, I also did a lot of zones with animals and used the animal charm AA to give myself a pet that hit harder than I did. With my pet and myself meleeing, and my heal procs going off, I generally would need to drop 1 heal on myself total for a fight while doing the solo quests. There are a ton of items for druids also that have healing wave (chance of group heal on a succssfull attack) or overloaded heal (chance of group heal when casting a heal) that make life easier. A melee druid with a few healing wave items is just proccing heals all over the place.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

For shits and giggles I parsed my mystic's pitiful solo and duo DPS.
Solo I was doing on average 1100, duo it jumped up to about 1300.
Not including the ~200 from the dog.
If I got multiple mobs or adds, my DPS could spike to 1700-1900.

Versus blue or lower I don't even need to ward or debuff... 1 spot heal every 2nd or 3rd mob.
Versus 1ups, I usually preward and slow.

With no long cooldowns, my DPS is pretty much static fight to fight.

This is with a mix of legendary and mastercrafted gear.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

He tells the truth! I was the person in his duo example (70 dirge) - the breakdown was my dps was about double his pet, and his was double to triple mine every fight. He tears through shit pretty quick for a nancy treehugger.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Mystics are freaky, stoner witchdoctors.. not nancy treehuggers like druids.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Word.

P.S. Or Rangers!
- Ash
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:Mystics are freaky, stoner witchdoctors.. not nancy treehuggers like druids.
True, Effi does look stoned, ohhhhh 100% of the time. I think the multiple piercings just amplify it :D
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Miir - what is my Mystic (Ashimar - Guk) missing to be this DPS machine you talk about. I seem to do OK, but hardly feel I'm a DPS monster. I maxed out the spells as combat arts in the mystic AAs and did the strength/prophet tree up and am working up the agility/cheiftain tree now. I am Level 63 w/ 70AAs if I recall. Is it the Agility tree that does it? It looks like it has all the critical amps in it.
- Ash
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ashur wrote:Miir - what is my Mystic (Ashimar - Guk) missing to be this DPS machine you talk about. I seem to do OK, but hardly feel I'm a DPS monster. I maxed out the spells as combat arts in the mystic AAs and did the strength/prophet tree up and am working up the agility/cheiftain tree now. I am Level 63 w/ 70AAs if I recall. Is it the Agility tree that does it? It looks like it has all the critical amps in it.
I'm gonna guess that's what it is, I think he crits like 95% of the time or something silly like that.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Actually, when I'm grouped with you, I have 110% melee crit. :shock:

Ash, taking a peek at your AAs...
The STR line is nice but you should definately respec to AGI then finish up STR.
100% melee crit and Tribal Rage (35% double attack, 35% haste) are massive boosts for your DPS.
The 2% heal crit per rank of Ancestral Spirits is pretty sweet too.

When I hit 70, I started going down the STA line for the block and double attack boost.
The combat art in that line (Dazing Bash) is awesome. (For me) It hits for 700+ and dazes (stops autoatttack on target) for 5 seconds.

As for weapons, you'll want to look for something a slower than that short spear. Maybe a bigass, slow 2 hander (until you start down the STA line). Preferably something with a large damage spread (due to the way crits work).

For armor, when you hit 72 you'll want to look into getting a set of Reverent Chain. It has str/wis/int which suits us well. Ideally you'd want str/wis/sta but two out of three aint bad. The nicest thing about that set is it gives boosts to both CA damage and heals.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Tribal Rage

That would suit Ashimar well. (especially after a few hundred more bats)
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I think I have a free respec for Mystic, but I think I'd have to go pay for the Shaman one.
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ashur wrote:I think I have a free respec for Mystic, but I think I'd have to go pay for the Shaman one.
First respec should only be a few silver.... and it will be worth every copper. :)
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'm lazy. I'm in Mistmoore Catacombs on a Page 8 hunt and didn't want to have to run all the way back. :)
- Ash
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

First off....get a mirror made to be able to swap AA specs. Seeing as you do a lot with a swash duo, you don't want to lose any healing specs you might have. You get the mirror and you can swap it in your house depending on if you are solo or duo/grouping.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:First off....get a mirror made to be able to swap AA specs. Seeing as you do a lot with a swash duo, you don't want to lose any healing specs you might have. You get the mirror and you can swap it in your house depending on if you are solo or duo/grouping.
If you had actually played a mystic to 80 like you said you had, you'd know that they don't even have a healing spec. :roll:

But I digress.

INT is for nuking (lol).
AGI is a no brainer
STR is a no brainer
STA is pretty nice
WIS is average

The only 2 you would even consider swapping is STA and WIS.. but the bonuses in the WIS line are really not that great.

So the shaman tree has like 2-3 abilities that augment healing and the best one is in the STR line.
The Mystic tree has nothing that augments healing.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Let me spell it out numnut. You want STR AGi and WIS as a raid or group healer. You can change out for STA and Tribal Rage when you are solo. You also could greatly affect your healing ability for tough fights by swapping out the Mystic lines to make sure you have healing/cure heavy lines picked there.

With the mirror you can swap those lines back and forth at will for free.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Let me spell it out numnut. You want STR AGi and WIS as a raid or group healer. You can change out for STA and Tribal Rage when you are solo. You also could greatly affect your healing ability for tough fights by swapping out the Mystic lines to make sure you have healing/cure heavy lines picked there.

With the mirror you can swap those lines back and forth at will for free.
So you dont think the cure haste and HP buff from the STA line is useful as a group healer?
Ritual of Alacrity is the only decent skill in the WIS line but it can't even be used on yourself.
As for the enhanced cures in the Mystic tree, you'd have to be fucking retarded if you think that will help a group more than being able to dish out some DPS....and they haven't added any fucking healing heavy lines in the Mystic tree since last night.

I am now 100% convinced you have never ever played a mystic.

As for raid healing, let Ash figure that shit out for himself when/if he ever decides to start raiding.
Only an idiot would take Mystic AA advice from someone who has never played a mystic.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I think Ash knows me well enough from first hand experience to know that I know WAY more about high end healing and playing than you ever will. You don't think oberron is a healer type item? Ritual? Do you understand spike damage? Do you understand how bolster and attendant work?

Let me ask you...what was the last non-heroic you even were in attendance for? Mystic DPS is NOT why there are there. They are a buffing/healing class. I would rather see them spec CORRECTLY to make the DPS of a group exceed what a mystic could EVER hope to put out no matter what the fuck gear or ability they have....and then keep that group alive. Your pathetic pissant DPS is jack and shit compared to a DPS class so you spec yourself the right way to enhance the entire group rather than drop your shitass 1k.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Your ignorance is pretty darn embarrasing....

I'm tempted to copy/paste your post on the EQ2Flames Mystic forums and watch the folks who actually play (and raid) as Mystics laugh their fucking asses off at you.

Seriosuly dude... I'm actually trying to give ash advice for the type of content he's doing now. I doubt at 63 he's particulary concerned about min/maxing his AA setup to be a raid mystic.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

miir wrote:I'm tempted to copy/paste your post on the EQ2Flames Mystic forums and watch the folks who actually play (and raid) as Mystics laugh their fucking asses off at you.
Please do... I don't know which one of you to believe, so I'd love to see this play out further!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

You guys are killing me with e-peen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:Your ignorance is pretty darn embarrasing....

I'm tempted to copy/paste your post on the EQ2Flames Mystic forums because I have no first hand knowledge how raid or high end group dynamics work since I solo all the time.

Seriosuly dude... I'm actually trying to give ash advice soloing. I doubt at 63 he's particulary concerned about learning how to play his class for when every little thing can wipe a raid.

Fixed.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

It comes down to the fact that I actually play a mystic and Kilmoll never has.

http://www.eq2flames.com/mystics/

Take a look.
Virtually every top tier raiding mystic uses the exact melee AA spec that I have recommended to Ash.
Nobody in their right fucking mind would Enhance: Oberon. None would Enhance: Lunar Attendant beyond what is required to open up Enhance: Bolster. Ritual isn't too bad, but not worth dropping 12 points to max out.

I'm not giving canelek poor advice on how to play a swashbuckler or how he should set up his AAs. I only have a low level swash so I don;t have much experience with them.
I've played a mystic for over 74 levels so I have a pretty good idea about which AA lines are good, what kind of gear is best and how to actually play the class.

I'm not exactly sure how playing a raiding swashbuckler gives someone special insight on how a mystic should distribute their AA points.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So tell me again what was the name of the mystic what you played to level 80.
Or was that just 100% bullshit?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://www.eq2flames.com/mystics/17947- ... pport.html

here you go fuckhead
maybe you should read this and learn something

going to go ahead and cut some shit out for you
With that said you will see us DPS'ing less on raids nowadays then what we used to do in EOF. There just isn't as much trash to clear, and most nameds either don't allow you to melee or hits hard enough for you to spend most (if not all) time healing, curing and debuffing. Veeshan's Peak that is the largest raid zone in ROK contains of 12 nameds and hardly any trash compared to Emerald Halls.
If you are lucky to get your hand on a -Reflective smoldering shard- you can have one melee-setup...and one heal-setup.

I have one raid-setup where there are no melee thigns at all...I have focused on taking all the buffs...then the entire rezline. And going for the cure line aswell.
THe rezline isnt that crap that many ppl say...I like it OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS.
Getting 8 ppl up within 4 sec with 55% health and power is very nice if things go wrong.
The rezzes are so fast to cast...and are back to casting within a minute.
I can rez a person WAY over on the other side wihtout having to leave my spot. With the mirror you are able to get all the good stuff.
I dont melee on raids anyway, im busy taking care of my group and other ppl.
Specced full support while learning ROK, took both cure and rez line since CA pointless if not melee specced in RoK tree. Cure line was not remotely worth it (immuniztion) though can be pretty usefull on certain pulls, called group stuns etc. I'm pretty happy with the rez line actually, faster to get ppl up and larger radius on all rez spells + the end ability rez with 50 health / power and no sickness is pretty good, especially the 50% power which lets ppl get right back into the fight. Probably going back to melee spec when everything is on farm, it's more fun for sure.
Who the fuck cares about instances
Last edited by Kilmoll the Sexy on February 26, 2008, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
miir wrote:Your ignorance is pretty darn embarrasing....

I'm tempted to copy/paste your post on the EQ2Flames Mystic forums because I have no first hand knowledge how raid or high end group dynamics work since I solo all the time.

Seriosuly dude... I'm actually trying to give ash advice soloing. I doubt at 63 he's particulary concerned about learning how to play his class for when every little thing can wipe a raid.

Fixed.
Ask any of the folks I'm guilded with... I spend most of my time in instances or in samll groups.
I'm not sure why you think that spewing bullshit makes you more credible.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:http://www.eq2flames.com/mystics/17947- ... pport.html

here you go fuckhead
maybe you should read this and learn something
Are you trying to prove my point for me?
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek - I should be on tonight.
- Ash
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

JFC it's hard to get up a weapon skill that's fallen by the wayside. I'd stopped keeping bashing weapons up around 170ish, now my cap is 350 and I got a nice 1hb and I hit like shit.

Do I need to just go buy an ultrafast 1hb and beat on greenies? If so, any suggestions?
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ashur wrote:JFC it's hard to get up a weapon skill that's fallen by the wayside. I'd stopped keeping bashing weapons up around 170ish, now my cap is 350 and I got a nice 1hb and I hit like shit.

Do I need to just go buy an ultrafast 1hb and beat on greenies? If so, any suggestions?
Doesn't even have to be green.

Get a shitty, fast, appropriate leveled weapon like a t7 handcrafted (doesnt have to be mastercrafted) weapon and go beat on the level 20 epic guard at the ROK boat dock in Antonica.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Whew! The need to beat on MOBs that give experience was an EQ1 thing and I was afraid it was just as true in EQ2.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yeah, I ran into a similar issue a ways back with slashing. It takes a while during the normal grind!

Another good place to up combat skills is the training wall in Kunzar. However, you have to do a faciton quest first and the mobs are around 74-76 or so.
en kærlighed småkager
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

you can kill the wall without doing shackle quests - just be careful of the mobs in the water next to ya =P

Self Buffed (IA) + Personae(TC) (1800ish w/o)

training wall: (01:05) 127298 | 1958.43 [Pyrella-Ultraviolet Beam-2400]
Pyrella 127298 | 1958.43
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek - thanks for the help last night. I finished up the Kromslayer thing and the follow-up quest only to discover the entire rest of the questline is mid/high 70s/80s Chardok heroic stuff, so time for me to go cut my teeth on Fens of Nathsar.

I went there once to drop off the geobot (dinged 71 when I pushed the button) and the zone in looked pretty rough. Everything is always white, yellow, or orange to me. By the time it's blue, I'm out of quests. I wonder if I came to Kunark one level too early.

I'm almost exactly halfway through 71 and I just exhausted all of the quests in Kylong that don't involve killing Xalgoz or going through Chardok. Am I doing OK or am I missing the "sweet spot"?
- Ash
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I think I was 72 when I first went to Fens. I did very little grinding, and I think I completed all but one set of quest lines (Thuuga or whatever it is called). It could have been due to having full rest xp (EQ2 equivalent). I "might" have gone back to complete a couple pre-kunark quests in that time too.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Fens and Kunzar have a fuckton of quests. I skipped more than half of the jungle and part of fens. You will not run out of quests. And don't forget that you will be able to get a crapload of exp from instances.

I will be at 80 and not even in skyfire questlines. Plus I can still go back to kunzar if I want.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Good. Daddy needs the AA as well as the adventure xp. I'll load up the Fens tonight and see what sort of Mender bills I get. ;)

P.S. or maybe jump on the AA train w/ Keystone, who's catching up on Rulu in adventure levels.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Once you get into Fens, you will begin to notice that there are oodles of factions. Luckily, it usually only takes one quest completion for fens/kunzar factions to make them not want to kill you.

For Fens, there will be an easy quest to make the lizards on the bridge not want to murder you. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Yeah, easy for the scout with stealth ;)

My defense is losing my pet (or keeping off defend me/itself, which is a pain) and keeping SOW up and training everything away when I get in over my head. We'll see how that works in the Fens.
- Ash
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Update

Post by Ashur »

Almost 76 (like 5% to go), beat on the training wall last night and finally got crush maxed out so I can actually use some better weapons. On the Copper Shackle quest currently. I have many/most of my Adept IIIs made for the rest of my levels. Smaukin had a Master of one of my cures for next level that I think he was going to hook me up with, so I didn't get that one made.

Up to my neck in Kunzar quests - perfect timing to hit 76, as I just started getting more quests where everything is yellow con.

Now to figure out why Vent isn't working (again)... I can hear everyone fine, but can't be heard (PTT works - I see my name go green). The microphone isn't muted in hardware (it had a hard mute button on headset cord) or in Vent. Will need to play with it some more.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Wow, nice man! :D

I'll be on around 9 tonight if you want to blast some KJ shit. I had to finish faction with some group of dorfs in Skyfire to get my wastehunter earring. I think I have a few KJ quests too! :D Maybe we can get a CoA group going. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Hi Leyor
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

:)LOL :)
:)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Oh my, you are right. =/

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Actually tonight I'm playing board games at a friend's house until midnightish. I can/will probably jump on when I get home for a few hours though, so the time may work out well if you're getting on around 9.
- Ash