AAs - Where to put 'em?

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

AAs - Where to put 'em?

Post by Canelek »

Is there a general guide out there for the classes and how generally to distribute AA points? I don't really want to get into a WoW-esque pattern of respeccing often at an ever-increasing monetary cost.

Of course, both my regularly played characters are relatively low level...

40 Brig
26 Wizard

thanks!
en kærlighed småkager
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: AAs - Where to put 'em?

Post by Marbus »

Mathis - 70 Monk, I went INT on him, he seems to do much more damage with that.

Marbus - 40 Guardian. Initially did the buckler reversal thing... still sucked on damage. About 2 months ago I switches to INT on him as well, increase speed, crit etc... now he is actually doing very good damage, didn't effect his tanking ability at all

Dalana - 43 Necro. Not really sure what I've done with her, can see that anything makes much of a difference but believe I'm buffing my tank pet.

Dalisa - 27 Fury, went INT on her as well for Stormcaller, that is the DPS path for Furies.

Melina - 27 Dirge, not sure which one is is, lol, believe it's INT as well (actually pretty sure). That is the path that increase your buff percentages for your group buff spells (Minsteral). 99% of all RAID dirges go this path. Since she is 2 boxed with the Fury it's working out well.

Yosef - 27 Paladin - trying to help my son figure out which way to go... not sure. Any Pallys have suggestion, please let me know.

I haven't played my Ranger, Wizard or Inquisitor enough since they added AAs (yes, it's been a long time) to really figure which one they should use.

Marb
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

http://www.eq2flames.com bud
check out the class sections and you will get a good break down of what to do
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Marbus - 40 Guardian. Initially did the buckler reversal thing... still sucked on damage.
Horseshit...
Gladiator's Finesse is the single biggest DPS boost available for warriors.

I was messing around with my berserkers AAs a few months ago and switched out the STA line for the INT (haste) line and saw my DPS drop by about 30%.

Needless to say, I switched back.

Is there a general guide out there for the classes and how generally to distribute AA points? I don't really want to get into a WoW-esque pattern of respeccing often at an ever-increasing monetary cost.
As Sylvos said, EQ2Flames is the place to go for some good info... I personally like to experiment with different AA builds.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

As a Brigand that will solo or group exclusively, you want AGI line first and then STR. Period. Once you start raiding, you would most likely go the 1 hand WIS route.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I'll take your word for it on your zerker Miir but on my guardian my parsing showed otherwise. :)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Marbus wrote:I'll take your word for it on your zerker Miir but on my guardian my parsing showed otherwise. :)
Your parser must have been broken... or were you spamming combat arts and buffs nonstop during combat?

I have no idea how anyone could not understand the DPS boost you would get from 60% double attack......
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I don't think mine was a 60% double attack, I think it was 30% or less... I'll take another look. As you can see I haven't leveled Marbus up very high yet so most of the stuff I was doing was during the 30s.

Are you combining something in the Zerker tree with the Warrior tree to get that 60%?

Marb
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Base is 25% double attack... each point up to 8 adds an additional 5%.
Unless it's been changed.