Avenged Sevenfold

Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Avenged Sevenfold

Post by Leonaerd »

With City of Evil being one of my favorite albums, I was eager to get their new self-titled album, which came out the 30th.

It's pretty good. These are some really talented musicians. Even the single is good, and I hated Bat Country off of the last album. Check it out if you liked City of Evil. There's a lot of new sounds coming from this band, including an acoustic song or two, and a swingy steel guitar country type song. A bold album, lyrically and aesthetically. If I had to gripe, it's that I miss the 7-10 minute songs like sidewinder, M.I.A. and Strength of the World. This album doesn't have as epic of a feel.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

True that the whole CD doesn't sound quite as epic as City of Evil, but i really enjoy their epic song "A Little Piece of Heaven." It sounds Tim Burton-esque! They really are experimenting with a lot of sounds in this album and i feel they have come a long way since Waking the Fallen, which is one of my favorite CD's of all time. Although i do like their new sound, i am still sad that M. Shadows blew out his vocal box on tour a few years back and can't scream like he used to.

Still.. Synyster Gates is a great guitarist along with The Rev on drums.

Definitely worth a listen to.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

Post by Canelek »

Saw these guys about 5 or 6 years ago in socal (a few times) while they were touring with one of my favorite bands (Death By Stereo). Honestly, I didn't get them...nothing really stuck out as being at all interesting. I will have to revisit the music I guess.
en kærlighed småkager