Belly fat

Forum for kung fu, and grappling, and dolphins, and street fights, and body building, and.....

Moderator: The Kwon

Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Belly fat

Post by Kryshade »

Question for you guys. I'm 5'11, 180lbs. I've always kept myself in pretty decent shape, just recently started running in the mornings again because I was starting to get out of shape. I usually do pushups and squats etc to keep somewhat fit.

My question is, is there a way to specifically target the belly area? I don't have any pudge anywhere else on my body, but I'd like to try and trim down my stomach some. If I suck in, you can "almost" see my abs, but I'd like to get to the point where they're definately visible. What's a good way to achieve this?

I don't know if there's an active way to reduce the pudge in just one area, or if i just need to keep running and hope it goes away. I've heard doing crunches etc helps, but wouldn't that just tone up the muscles that are under the flab?

Anyway, just thought I'd ask. I'm not looking to go on some crazy diet or anything like that as overall I'm pretty happy with my bodyfat level, I just wanted to know if there was a way to loose that 1-2" of pudge I have covering my abs. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Belly fat

Post by Xatrei »

Nope. There's no way to target fat loss in one particular area, you just have to keep working down your total body fat. Managing your caloric intake and getting plenty of anaerobic exercise will take care of the problem, but the fat around your belly will be the last to go. It's the primary spot where males store the excess.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

Xatrei wrote:Nope. There's no way to target fat loss in one particular area, you just have to keep working down your total body fat. Managing your caloric intake and getting plenty of anaerobic exercise will take care of the problem, but the fat around your belly will be the last to go. It's the primary spot where males store the excess.
I take it you mean aerobic exercize? Anaerobic exercize does not burn fat, it burns calories or even muscles. apart from that the answer is absolutely correct. Keep working out and you will get there eventually, but fat on the belly is a man's curse.
Fortune favors the brave!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If you had a pot-belly I would punch you in it.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Tegellan wrote:
Xatrei wrote:Nope. There's no way to target fat loss in one particular area, you just have to keep working down your total body fat. Managing your caloric intake and getting plenty of anaerobic exercise will take care of the problem, but the fat around your belly will be the last to go. It's the primary spot where males store the excess.
I take it you mean aerobic exercize? Anaerobic exercize does not burn fat, it burns calories or even muscles. apart from that the answer is absolutely correct. Keep working out and you will get there eventually, but fat on the belly is a man's curse.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. That's what happens when I post too early in the day heh.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

No you cant point-burn fat in just a specific area. You have to burn fat all over like a maniac and lower your general bodyfat percentage.

People have their problem-areas in different areas but most have their problem-areas (the fat that is last to go) on the belly / lovehandles etc. Others may have the last storage on their buttocks etc.

Generally, if you have visible abs, you have a good bodyfat-lvl and have nothing to worry about. Don't need to get ripped, but being able to see the abs is key.

If you feel that you have done good dieting and cardio and burned a lot of fat (less chunky cheeks and less flab in general), but still have a good amount of fat on the belly/lovehandles, just keep going!

Lower the carbs and more intense cardio!

Can also use Ripped Fuel / Hydroxycut to assist you on the way.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--