I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Where can I go at XX level?

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well aren't you just a fountain of useful EQ2 info!

Thanks again!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Depending on your character though, if you can solo well that is, hit Enchanted Lands and Zek at 27-29 for the first stuff. Completeing an easy level 30 quest at 27 or 28 will garner you some nice exp and aa exp.

Marb
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Diminshing returns on quest reward XP makes it counterproductive to do orange or even yellow quests.

Doing level 31/32 quests at 27 might seem like it's giving you a nice chunk of XP at that level but you're actually getting less than if you were to do those quests at level 32. White/Blue quests are the sweet spot.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I will take that into account :)
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

bumping this for me to remember!
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I use this a bunch. I like to have options at xx level, even though I can't seem to stick with just ONE character. :)

If you decide to stick with the mystic, I'll figure out if any of my classes fit well for duo. Mentoring is fucking win.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

mystics are the win, but it is definitely slow as shit to level solo with them
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I was getting into a hard place in Enchanted Lands at 36/37 where I'd consumed all the low hanging fruit quest-wise and the MOBs I needed kicked my ass (mobs of evil halflings!), so for a quick change I hit up Zek and started pummeling through the entry quests. Zek is a lot more stark than Enchanted Lands (imagine that... Wastelands!). There's probably less than half the nodes (from where I can see).
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

You can get going in Feerrot pretty soon--41 I think. At 45, I went straight to Desert of Flame and have done pretty well there.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Feerrot quests start in the high 30s.
Level 37 is about right.
Mid 30s is also a good time to hit Steamfont for some nice questlines.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I have a Dwarf Swashbuckler I started that I plan to level up in EoF zones, so with Ash I'll head to the Feerott as soon as shit slows down in Zek (which seems to be a lot faster than Misty Enchanted One With The Wall Thicket Lands!) and then I'll head over to Ro.

The only thing better than killing Gnolls is killing Lizards!
- Ash
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

dude no, steamfont -> Lfay -> KoS til 60 -> Loping Plains til 70 -> Kylong etc...

don't forget the peacock quest =) repeatable love is good
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Peacock quest is pretty cool, but I am on the part in Living Tombs where you have to gather rotten foods for a summoned mummy. Such a pain in the balls solo!
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ashur wrote:I have a Dwarf Swashbuckler I started that I plan to level up in EoF zones, so with Ash I'll head to the Feerott as soon as shit slows down in Zek (which seems to be a lot faster than Misty Enchanted One With The Wall Thicket Lands!) and then I'll head over to Ro.
What the fuck is the point in intentionally avoiding content?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well it appears to me that he is hitting old world with mystic and then leveling another char up in just EoF......which pretty much sounds like he wants to be able to really experience every part of the content.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Leveling up exclusively in old world zones or in EOF is going to leave a lot of dead spots where you're gonna have to some mindless grinding. 90% of the content in Lava and Everfrost is group-only and rewards are awful compared to EOF quests.

There are a lot of dry spots for quests in EOF.
Unless you're running all the dungeons and instances (Crushbone. Dvinn Throne, Klak, Mines, NT) you're gonna be stuck grinding if you're limiting yourself to specific content. Finding other players to run those dungeons and instances at this point in the game, with the average population in the higher tiers is going to be pretty tough.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Hey, I'm kind of all-over Miir. I'm not an idiot. :) I was just with Canelek's wizard last night blowing up kobolds and clockworks in Steamfont. I am leveling up just fine. I'm trying to get the *most* out of old world zones with this guy, but I'm definitely hitting Feerott and Ro next.
- Ash
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

The nice thing is, there is so much content to pick from. It's really become quite a fantastic game.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ashur wrote:Hey, I'm kind of all-over Miir. I'm not an idiot.
Sorry, it's my default reaction... I'm used to dealing with Mid and Funk so I think you understand.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

The one thing that's really floored me is the abundance of content. I thought I'd be expending quest lines and looking for more zones to level in. So far that's not the case! I have like eleventy-billion zones I can get exp in.

I'm trying to finish up the Hole-in-the-Wall, Rivervale quest lines before I move to the Feerott for lizard slaying fun, but the exp is so good that I'm almost ready to hit 40 in Enchanted Lands (I got past the hump where the asslings would rape me, but I'll still need a group if I want to do that one, I suppose that's why it's labeled Heroic, eh?).

I just got a bookcase as a reward last night. :D (oh and a pimp +10 healing cloak!).

I upgraded all my combat arts except the AE disease one (that's next, I'm seeing a need for AE and the current one I have sucks) to max and got the combat mastery capstone one that's supposed to make melee/parrying and dogdog better. That seems to be a nice one.

It was a trip grouping with Canelek's Wizard because he was using traditional root/blast techniques and I want to beat things to death. I think my Master I group ward that prevents >1K damage allows us to nuke shit down w/o worrying about whether the target is beating on bus, but it's still useful for crowd control. I need to learn to practice use of my mez line, as the ward's safety net is making me sloppy and some day 1.1K in warded damage won't be enough (hopefully after I get a much bigger one!).
- Ash
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Turn off combat experience and do all quests EVERYWHERE! I never did get very far into the Peacock quest line sadly. I tended to solo mostly, and when you couple that with the fact that I came after most others had done that already resulted in it being pretty tough to do group content. I didn't like pestering Miir to come help my ass all the time :P
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I didn't like pestering Miir to come help my ass all the time
I wish you would have pestered me more often. :(
We plowed through more than a few quests together.

Good times.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I need to learn to practice use of my mez line, as the ward's safety net is making me sloppy and some day 1.1K in warded damage won't be enough
The AE mez is on a long timer and really only useful as a get-out-of-jail-free card.
Mystics are really fucking durable.
If you have decent gear (mitigation) and can anticipate the damage spikes... stack your wards and solo-tank heroics with ease.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I need to do a study of stacking for the Mystic spell lines.

I know I have both the group and individual wards. Usually I tend to just spam the group one since that helps both me and dogdog (as well as any crazy wizards in my group) and the time usually runs out just as we're getting hit for damage.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I'll do a little research on the mystic class as well so I can tune my shit better. I know when a 1500+ ball of fire lands that I am going to get pummeled! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

It's fun having MOBs pummel you and take no damage though (and the procs can get through, but I'm a priest, I can cure that shit if it matters). Now all I need is a damage shield of some sort.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I'm speccing my wizard to tank anyways. :D
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

With alchemy you can make thorn potions. You can also adorn your equipment with items that give you a damage shield. For your levels it should be cheap as shit to find or to blow up junk items and masters to get them made.

You also get some nice upgrades on dog-dog in the shaman AA lines. I think you will like runnign STR and AGI with the first few skills of WIS thrown in for good measure.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Just FYI on leveling and AA... if you have Kunark, which I'm guessing everyone dose, be SURE and do at least the first quest in the Vampire Chronicles.

At level 30 with the Pally / Warden combo and at 33 with the Dirge / Fury they each garnered 2-3 AA for clearing and doing the first quest which takes about... oh, 30 minutes to an hour.

You have to kill the undead then disturb the graves to get to the final coffin. Each grave is a named so you kill 8-10 named MOB... very nice AA. Going to mentor with my 40 guardian and go do it tonight.

Oh and I'm no longer playing the Warden as a bastard Fury (for Miir). In actuality she is 33 now and with all her buffs she is at 50% mit and almost 40% avoid. I just purchased a big fabled hammer for her, all of her CAs are app IV and protector of the forest is maxed and I have the 75% crit... damn, she is almost a tank and dose some serious damage :) totally different character than a Fury, never knew 2 druids could be so different. In my personal opinion, especially for a due or small group, I find the druid healing much better than that of a Cleric... plus they have the portal ability.

We just moved our Dirge / Fury combo to Steamfront to take a break from EL and Zek after spending a couple of days in Stormhold III and IV killing mid 20s ^^^ (which garnered us - from the named, 5 ornate chests in 2 days). My son is so excited because we are killing "robots" now in steamfront... kind of like Marvel Ultimate Alliance (lol!). If you are mid 30s and can get a couple of people, run to Stormhold and kill the named if they are up, again AA exp and the chance for some Phat Lewts... well not too phat considering the gold you get for Kunark quest but still.

Anyway... I can't stress the questing enough, I haven't ever turned off my exp to complete them but definitely level through questing, no reason at all to just grind, at least not until the 50s and if do grind be sure to pick up some writs. While they won't garner you faction unless you are a citizen of Kelethin, you can pick up 4 writs in like 3 minutes for all the zones off GFay. Do them and head back so at least you get the status which will make a difference on housing, titles, mounts etc...

Also, be sure and kill the named 39 spider on the cliff in Steamfront, she is usually up on Lucan and seens to drop Ornate about everything 3rd time.

Marb
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Oh and I'm no longer playing the Warden as a bastard Fury (for Miir). In actuality she is 33 now and with all her buffs she is at 50% mit and almost 40% avoid. I just purchased a big fabled hammer for her, all of her CAs are app IV and protector of the forest is maxed and I have the 75% crit... damn, she is almost a tank and dose some serious damage totally different character than a Fury, never knew 2 druids could be so different. In my personal opinion, especially for a due or small group, I find the druid healing much better than that of a Cleric... plus they have the portal ability.
Nice!!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Is it just me?

Post by Ashur »

Is it just me, or do Steamfont Mountains quests require less than half the work of quests in zones like the Feerott?

I mean Slay 200 lizardmen versus deploying gnome observatrons or picking up 6 scraps of gears. Come on!

After I learned Thulian, I moved to Steamfont just because all the quests seem like low hanging fruit. I parked myself by the Griknak Crater after Kiall and I kept getting mobbed by the heroics delving into it.
- Ash
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Is it just me?

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ashur wrote:Is it just me, or do Steamfont Mountains quests require less than half the work of quests in zones like the Feerott?

I mean Slay 200 lizardmen versus deploying gnome observatrons or picking up 6 scraps of gears. Come on!

After I learned Thulian, I moved to Steamfont just because all the quests seem like low hanging fruit. I parked myself by the Griknak Crater after Kiall and I kept getting mobbed by the heroics delving into it.

I would say so.. imo, it has a lot to do with the danger level of the zone, Feerott has a lot higher mob density so adds were a lot more likely during questing.. In steamfont I haven't had that problem at all yet... the only problem I have there so far is that i can't kill the damn drake things for one of my quests, I get them down to like 5% health and they pwn me every time :(

I haven't finished off all the quests in Steamfont either, so they could get more demading, I'm not sure :)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Feerrot, Everfrost and Lavastorm were basically endgame (Tier5) zones at the release of EQ2.
There are loads of very time consuming quests that at the time were there to give players at max level something to do.

There's timesink quests and progression quests.
Steamfont quests are pretty much all just progression quests as it was never an endgame zone.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Is 35/36 a good level for the Vampire chronicles? It sounds like 42 is too high, but I could mentor Kiall and he could get good experience while I try to catch up on some AAs. It sounds like something we could do in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe we could get one of Canelek's guys down there too.

I'm kind of miffed I didn't get to do Splitpaw, but there's always Bandorr. The one time I went there a gnoll abductor sent me to that retarded captive instance where you have to escape. It was actually cool to me the first time, but then I learned that happens every time he gets to you! The next time I just decided to call out.

I'm pretty much done (less than a bubble until I get the point needed up upgrade my disease AE attack) with upgrading all my combat arts on my Mystic and am trying to decide where I want to put my next bunch.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

GJ on the Thulian, Ash! You will need it for Peacock line. The only thing I don't like about steamfront is a smaller number of encounter mobs, which burn down nicely with the wizard. :) Otherwise, it was ok--the cape quest was easy and worth it.

Now to the peacock line--great fun until 'A Frightful Feast' in Living Tombs--that quest was fucking lame. Now I am on the one after where you play a harp to spawn 5 caretakers who are spread around the residential area. That would be fine and dandy, but you need to kill them all in 5 minutes! :D Guessing that it would be better to have a group clear most of the shit from streets first. I got to the third mob + 2 slime friends with not even a minute left. =/
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Bloodline would be cool. I have never done it. Could mentor down either character as needed to fit lower level gimps.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ashur wrote:Is 35/36 a good level for the Vampire chronicles? It sounds like 42 is too high, but I could mentor Kiall and he could get good experience while I try to catch up on some AAs. It sounds like something we could do in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe we could get one of Canelek's guys down there too.

I'm kind of miffed I didn't get to do Splitpaw, but there's always Bandorr.
Mid 30s is a fine level for Bloodlines.
Most of the Bloodlines instances are heroic... there's a wee bit of solo content.

As for Splitpaw, the content scales level up to 50.
There's no reasopn to not check it out.... even if only for the Splitpaw (Azure) Shard that allows you to teleport to the Den anytime you like. It's uber useful for travel.
The one time I went there a gnoll abductor sent me to that retarded captive instance where you have to escape. It was actually cool to me the first time, but then I learned that happens every time he gets to you! The next time I just decided to call out.
Just run up to a teleporter and click it before it the abductor gets you.
That puts you into the Delving into the Darkness instance.

Clear down to the bottom, kill the named, loot the key, stack the boxes to get to the platform with the big chest, open the chest and examine the item you looted.
Run back up to the teleporter and zone out.

That will put you in Thundermist Village.

Take the griff over to Colwind Point then head to the crater pond surrounded by gnolls. The entrance to Splitpaw:Upper Tunnels is right there.

Clear through that instance to zone into the Splitpaw Den. You have to use exploding barrels and moveable planks to traverse certain parts of the zone.

Once you are in the Den, you have to do the Hideout, Arena: Gladiators Triumph and Trial of the Harclave to get your teleport shard.

There's a lot more content (mostly group) beyond that, but people never do it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I tried to do that, but the damn barrels didn't exist for me.. The only things I could interact with were the boxes (which didn't explode), and I scoured the zone for hours.. must have been bugged or something.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

The gladiator event was fun solo. You end up getting exp and a nice warthog head to put in your home. :) Never tried the heroic stuff.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Funkmasterr wrote:I tried to do that, but the damn barrels didn't exist for me.. The only things I could interact with were the boxes (which didn't explode), and I scoured the zone for hours.. must have been bugged or something.
Sometimes you have to kill a mob that drops a barrel.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Canelek wrote:The gladiator event was fun solo. You end up getting exp and a nice warthog head to put in your home. :) Never tried the heroic stuff.
One of the rewards from the Heroic arena is a flaming pig fluff pet.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Funkmasterr wrote:I tried to do that, but the damn barrels didn't exist for me.. The only things I could interact with were the boxes (which didn't explode), and I scoured the zone for hours.. must have been bugged or something.
Yeah this freaked me out first time I did it. It used to be barrels were laying all over. Now you have to kill brewers and they'll drop the barrels that used to be next to them.

Was fun shit running through the groupable ones with my warden and miirs inquisitor. 2x melee healers ftw.

Need to hit crushbone tonight miir!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm still whiffing way too much... need 10 more AAs for Battle Cleric skill... CA power cost reduction, +blunt skill and +mitigation.
I also noticed a 5th CA on the Inquisitor tree. I thought we only got 4.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Janx wrote:
Yeah this freaked me out first time I did it. It used to be barrels were laying all over. Now you have to kill brewers and they'll drop the barrels that used to be next to them.

Was fun shit running through the groupable ones with my warden and miirs inquisitor. 2x melee healers ftw.

Need to hit crushbone tonight miir!
Gotcha.

I haven't been on in a while, I was going to get on last night but my girlfriend needed the computer. I'll definitely get back into playing now that im mostly through the bulk of all the new 360 games. we'll have to group up and do something sometime too!
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Janx »

miir wrote:I'm still whiffing way too much... need 10 more AAs for Battle Cleric skill... CA power cost reduction, +blunt skill and +mitigation.
I also noticed a 5th CA on the Inquisitor tree. I thought we only got 4.

That melee buff I finally got at 26 or so helped a TON with whiffing thank god, was missing more than I was hitting.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I sat down to play some Crysis last night at around 8:00 and the next thing I knew it was 11:30...
Maybe can hit CB tonight and whack some nameds for AA in Stormhold and Fallen Gate.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Janx »

Went around and got my Antonica/Commonlands/BB/Gfay portals last night.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I see they have level-difference increases aggro range code. I was trying to crawl up to collect the clockwork duck in the Butcherblock Wetlands and had chain 48/49 harpies to fight. I held them off for quite a while making very steady progress towards the duck, but when I won my last fight with a bubble of health and no power left two more jumped me. I'm 43, so yeah, I wasn't expecting to win forever against MOBs with 5-6 levels on me, but I could have if they didn't keep coming in never ending supplies. I'll go back when I'm 45.

EDIT: I had a point, sorry - how hard is it to do the Drusaic language quest? Are the shrines really hard to get to? They look like they are about as far deep as you can get in any of the zones.
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

how hard is it to do the Drusaic language quest? Are the shrines really hard to get to? They look like they are about as far deep as you can get in any of the zones
TS/Nek = Easy
Rivervale/Feerrot = easy
Lavastorm = Pain in the ass
Everfrost = easy with water breathing