Everquest Movie...

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Everquest Movie...

Post by Diae Soulmender »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6180655.ht ... bj=6180655
GameSpot wrote: By Tom Magrino, GameSpot
Posted Oct 9, 2007 2:35 pm PT

In February, Sony Pictures Entertainment vice chairman Yair Landau obliquely mentioned to GameSpot that along with a Metal Gear Solid silver-screen adaptation in production under the guidance of famed game designer Hideo Kojima, the studio was "working with one of my favorite producers right now on an idea for an EverQuest movie." Unwilling to finger the mystery producer, Landau said, "I'll let him disclose that."

Not playing out exactly as Landau anticipated, GameSpot today has confirmed that former Marvel Studios chief Avi Arad would be producing the long-speculated EverQuest film. Arad, who resigned his positions as CEO and chairman at Marvel last year to form his own production company, is most recently responsible for the big-screen adaptation of Bratz: The Movie.

Joining Arad on the project, which first blipped onto the radar during EQ's heyday in 2000, will be 300 scribe Michael Gordon. The Sony Pictures rep was unwilling to comment on plot details or when the theatrical release would take flight.

Despite being a massively multiplayer online game often defined by its users, EverQuest boasts a substantial tome of lore surrounding the world of Norrath and its outlying otherworldly planes. Now in its eighth year, the original EQ has received 13 expansion packs, with its 14th, EverQuest: Secrets of Faydwer, due in November. The game also spawned a semi-sequel, EverQuest 2, in 2004.
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Everquest Movie...

Post by Aslanna »

This should really be in the.. Ah. Screw it.

Whee!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Again with the movie idea? As much as I'd like to see it done well, it's a bit past the right time for this..
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

There's too much to EQ to make a movie about it. I mean, you could set a movie in Norrath, make it 3 or 4 hours long, and still you couldn't touch on even half of the great parts of that world.

I dunno, I have a feeling no matter what's in it if they make it I'd leave disappointed that something was left out.

It better effing have Unrest though.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~