How are you going to die?

Why can't witches have babies? Because their husbands have hallo-weenies.
For scary, spooky or other Halloween-related posts.

Moderator: Fairweather Pure

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

How are you going to die?

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Yeah, it's morbid. It's also odd how many people seem to know the way they're going out. I' not emo or obsessed by death in any way, but it's only natural to consider your own mortality from time to time.

I have 2 scenerios, both of which I've just always assumed would be my demise.

1. Single car accident, night time, on icy roads. - I'm not really sure why this is a natural for me, but it's always been in the back of my head. If I go "before my time", it's going to be an accident and I'll be all alone.

2. Old age. - This is a blessing and a curse. My grandmother is currently 85. She lives alone. She has seen the death of all her parents, friends, siblings, husband, and 2 of her sons (both of cancer). She is very lonely. She's not in great health, but her mind is sharp as a tack. She's been in semi-poor health for about 20 years though, so it looks like she'll live forever at this point. I forsee a lot of the social issues she is having being somewhat relieved by the Internet (who knows where technology will be in the future?), but it's still nothing to look forward to. I'll either die alone, in my bed, or in a hospital surrounded by my remaining family. I think I'd rather die alone TBH.

There are a myriad of ways I would NOT LIKE TO DIE. Cancer is at the top of that list. Recently, my grandfather slowly drowned as his lungs filled with fluid while the family sat around the hospital bed and watched. Fuck that noise. I thought his entire death process was really fucked up.

Anyway, how are you going to die?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: How are you going to die?

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I am most likely doing to die of Old Age. I am not the reckless youth I used to be and seeing as how I survived that time of my life I should be pretty good. I am a homebody and don't like to travel. I am in fairly good health short of being overweight.

If I don't die of Old Age then it will most likely be due to some form or Road Rage. Soon as I hit the highway everyone on the road around me turns into an instant asshole and it is all I can do to restrain myself from going all bumper car on their ass.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

I'll probably go by way of a car accident or my own hand. I'd never let myself become dependent upon others for basic needs. I'd rather be a memory than a burden.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

in terms of likeliness, i'm most likely to off myself. i'm not suicidal or unstable or anything. i have a good life. but i would prefer to have direct control over my death when i feel that my condition warrants it.

in terms of IDEAL DEATH.. anything that is both instantaneous and unexpected. preferably exotic and hopefully natural or my own fault... like faceplanting into an unexploded WW2 munition while touring the french countryside... or skullfucked by a lance of frozen urine from a nearby jumbo jet.. whatever gets me an article in the local papers.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I have 2 scenerios, both of which I've just always assumed would be my demise.
Other than just rotting away over time, it'll be by some manner that probably never crossed your mind on a boring Wed morning.

As to how for me? Doesn't matter, it'll happen at some point and I'm OK with that. Live for today.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

I'm totally gonna choke to death. I'm sure of it.
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

As soon as I get old enough that it just sucks to be alive, I'll probably take up all sorts of cool drugs and see what happens.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

laneela wrote:I'm totally gonna choke to death. I'm sure of it.
Do people still choke to death? I know of "choking sensation" or "difficulty swallowing", but to actually die while eating or drinking has got to be a pretty damn rare occurance. It must be up there with getting struck my lightning or something.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Do people still choke to death? I know of "choking sensation" or "difficulty swallowing", but to actually die while eating or drinking has got to be a pretty damn rare occurance. It must be up there with getting struck my lightning or something.
I don't think it's that rare. A friend of my dad's choked to death at a dinner party that some other friends were hosting two or three years ago. They were eating some sort of tenderloin and a piece of meat got lodged in his airway and no amount of Heimlich could dislodge it. By the time the ambulance got there like 9 minutes later, it was too late.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Fairweather Pure wrote:It must be up there with getting struck my lightning or something.
That's happened to me. Sucked.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Aabidano wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:It must be up there with getting struck my lightning or something.
That's happened to me. Sucked.
Awesome. How was it?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sylvus wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
I don't think it's that rare. A friend of my dad's choked to death at a dinner party that some other friends were hosting two or three years ago. They were eating some sort of tenderloin and a piece of meat got lodged in his airway and no amount of Heimlich could dislodge it. By the time the ambulance got there like 9 minutes later, it was too late.
I did some research on death by choking at the hospital tonight. I've got to say, I was rather surprised by the results. In short, you were right Sylvus.

It seems the optimal demographic for "death by choking" are females over the age of 30. Also, the chances of dieing this way are significantly increased if you've ever used Honey Loquat syrup (a remedy used for a sore throat). Furthermore, the highest mortality rate in the United States for death by choking is actualy almost confined exclusively to the 33141 zip code.

Definately some surprising results.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Tripping over the damn cat on the stairs and breaking my neck on the way down.

Said cat will celebrate this after-hours event by puking up a hairball on my pillow and going to sleep on my wife who will not hear me screaming on the way down.
- Ash
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
I did some research on death by choking at the hospital tonight. I've got to say, I was rather surprised by the results. In short, you were right Sylvus.

It seems the optimal demographic for "death by choking" are females over the age of 30. Also, the chances of dieing this way are significantly increased if you've ever used Honey Loquat syrup (a remedy used for a sore throat). Furthermore, the highest mortality rate in the United States for death by choking is actualy almost confined exclusively to the 33141 zip code.

My neighbour is sooooo fucked. I just gave her some honey loquat syrup for her sore throat last week too.
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

laneela wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:

My neighbour is sooooo fucked. I just gave her some honey loquat syrup for her sore throat last week too.

Omfg. You were totally trying to kill me, weren't you? TOTALLY!

I know exactly how I'm going to die.

In a ditch.
Covered in petrol.
On fire.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Cancer or a heart attack

(Or in a plane crash).

:(
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

laneela wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:

I was getting worried if you would ever even read the joke!
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

It seems the optimal demographic for "death by choking" are females over the age of 30.
Damn you Heather Harmon!