Post your ideas and problems with the site/board here

Moderator: TheMachine

Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Slashdot-style moderation?

Post by Fash »

Is there a mod for phpbb that would allow slashdot-style self moderation and view filters?... I wonder if that would help the signal to noise ratio... just a thought.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Slashdot-style moderation?

Post by Winnow »

Fash wrote:Is there a mod for phpbb that would allow slashdot-style self moderation and view filters?... I wonder if that would help the signal to noise ratio... just a thought.

Is it like Digg.com has with the thumbs up/thumbs down voting so comments receive positive and negative scores, allowing the user to set a threshold of tolerance?

I don't think that would work here but I like that style on Digg. Minority posts on VV are the best ones usually!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

kinda.. instead of just thumbs up or down, you can mod them Insightful (+), Interesting (+), Funny (+), Troll (-), OffTopic (-), Flamebait (-), etc.. they call it Karma..
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

See if you can find a mod - not a terrible idea. I'm not sure how it will work on 'flat' forums vs /.'s nested however.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano