Moderator: TheMachine

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Forum images

Post by Boogahz »

Can we at least get a way to turn off the forum images that have been added today? If a person needs a picture to recognize what each forum is for, they cannot read the threads anyhow.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Forum images

Post by Leonaerd »

If they were all the same size and had some sort of symmetrical value then I wouldn't have both thumbs down right now.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

that would be a plus, but when quickly scanning for forums with new posts, those pictures get in the way.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Or put the pictures on the right hand of the same horizontal row and then have them not even interact with the headings.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I don't like them one bit, however I think it might be considerably more tolerable if you do what leonaerd suggested.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

I'd kill for a banner though.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

So um, who added these and is being shy about responding to one of the two posts about it so far?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Why do you care? They'll respond when/if they feel like it.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Yeah, had I been the one who added them, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself and I'd respond if and when I felt like it.

As it wasn't me who added them, I'll just tell you to go fuck yourself.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Why do you care? They'll respond when/if they feel like it.

First off, fuck you. Second off, I care because when a bunch of people who help pay for this board are asking about some new gay fucking feature I don't think it's asking too much to get a response within a day or two. In the future, do yourself a favor and speak when spoken to. Same goes for you sylvus you fucking tool.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:

First off, fuck you. Second off, I care because when a bunch of people who help pay for this board are asking about some new gay fucking feature I don't think it's asking too much to get a response within a day or two. In the future, do yourself a favor and speak when spoken to. Same goes for you sylvus you fucking tool.
Haha. Guess you told me. I'm so hurt. "A day or two" don't make me lauugh. It hasn't even been a day. Some people actually have a life that doesn't involve answering to you.

And for the record I'll speak when I feel like it you insignificant waste of flesh. You're the last person whose opinion I give a shit about.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:

Haha. Guess you told me. I'm so hurt. "A day or two" don't make me lauugh. It hasn't even been a day. Some people actually have a life that doesn't involve answering to you.

And for the record I'll speak when I feel like it you insignificant waste of flesh. You're the last person whose opinion I give a shit about.
hah. hahah.

Considering I have seen the photos periodically being put up after the thread/s were started, your "some people actually have a life" statement is irrelevant. And no where did I say they needed to answer the threads to answer me, there are plenty of people making suggestions/asking questions other than myself, you ignorant fuck.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Midnyte vs Kyoukan was always more entertaining and less frustrating than Funk vs Aslanna.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Considering I have seen the photos periodically being put up after the thread/s were started, your "some people actually have a life" statement is irrelevant.
I totally have no idea what you are trying to communicate here. Please rephrase it in something resembling English.
And no where did I say they needed to answer the threads to answer me, there are plenty of people making suggestions/asking questions other than myself, you ignorant fuck.
Ignorance is curable. The stupidity, intolerance, and lack of intelligence you inherited, and display on a daily basis, isn't.

Have a nice day!

--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Funkmasterr wrote:First off, fuck you. Second off, I care because when a bunch of people who help pay for this board are asking about some new gay fucking feature I don't think it's asking too much to get a response within a day or two. In the future, do yourself a favor and speak when spoken to. Same goes for you sylvus you fucking tool.
Forgive me if no one gives a shit what you think. In separate threads, you've already said that a goal of yours is to ruin this board for everyone else, that you're interested in seeing donations dry up and what happens then, that you were thinking about donating and weren't going to because of how the board was run, and asked to be banned because you didn't like it here but didn't have the willpower to not come here anymore. And that's ignoring the several times you've also said you were leaving and not coming back.

Go Blue!
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Funkmasterr (donation made on behalf of Noel) - $50
I'm sorry to have offended you Noel - would you like your $50 back?

Rest of you - feel free to block the images in the mean time, they will be themed and uniform eventually, was actually fucking around with different sizes to see how it affected wrap and size and such but was easily distracted. Was going to remove them for now until I had the set made, but hey, so much debate and controversy (well not really, I think everyone either dislikes it, or thinks it's funny because of how vehemently everyone else dislikes it!), may as well leave it ;P
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

pyrella wrote:
Funkmasterr (donation made on behalf of Noel) - $50
I'm sorry to have offended you Noel - would you like your $50 back?

Rest of you - feel free to block the images in the mean time, they will be themed and uniform eventually, was actually fucking around with different sizes to see how it affected wrap and size and such but was easily distracted. Was going to remove them for now until I had the set made, but hey, so much debate and controversy (well not really, I think everyone either dislikes it, or thinks it's funny because of how vehemently everyone else dislikes it!), may as well leave it ;P

If you are trying to imply that is the only donation I have made, look at your donations thread a little bit closer. Not to mention like I said, I was not only talking about myself.

sylvus and aslanna really both need to find something new to say, every time one of them "flames" (emphasis on the quotations) it is the same recycled bullshit they have been saying to me for time out of mind. At least some of us can offer a little variety.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:sylvus and aslanna really both need to find something new to say, every time one of them "flames" (emphasis on the quotations) it is the same recycled bullshit they have been saying to me for time out of mind. At least some of us can offer a little variety.
"flames". Have you read anything you post? It usually consists of "fuck' or some variation. If that's not recycled unoriginality I don't know what is. Hardly what I would consider variety.

However feel free to add me to ignore. Or decide to leave and never post here again. For like the fourth time.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:sylvus and aslanna really both need to find something new to say, every time one of them "flames" (emphasis on the quotations) it is the same recycled bullshit they have been saying to me for time out of mind. At least some of us can offer a little variety.
"flames". Have you read anything you post? It usually consists of "fuck' or some variation. If that's not recycled unoriginality I don't know what is. Hardly what I would consider variety.

However feel free to add me to ignore. Or decide to leave and never post here again. For like the fourth time.

Really, I don't ever recall making a post that only consisted of - fuck, fucking, motherfucker, fucking-shit, fuck you, or even fuck aslanna. I could be wrong though, since you know more about my posting history than I do.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Really, you're a sad little man. I thought now that you were all growed up and got yourself a real career, it involved working with computers. You do not know how to block a single, or set of images from a website yet?

Here's a hint - http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/images/forums/ that's where all the bad men reside.

If we're going by who donate's the most - then frankly, I should probably replace each of those little icons (which are uniform height btw, 56px ftw!) with pictures glorifying my ass in 640xRandom, and Thess and her dog, but I wouldn't want to make my ass look any worse than it does.

Unfortunately we don't, so the forum is safe from my ass for another day. Out of all these, the only person with a valid complaint/resolution was Winnow, shockingly enough. Simple "I like/don't like" is fine - even better was suggestions for alternatives.

Rest of you act like I pissed on your dog, and you didn't even know he was on fire in the first place.

Besides, no love for a monkey with a gun - in light of this(these?) discussion(s), I find it entirely apropos, don't you?

P.S. I found your donation 2 years ago - would you still like your 50 bucks back?

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

pyrella wrote:Rest of you - feel free to block the images in the mean time, they will be themed and uniform eventually, was actually fucking around with different sizes to see how it affected wrap and size and such but was easily distracted. Was going to remove them for now until I had the set made, but hey, so much debate and controversy (well not really, I think everyone either dislikes it, or thinks it's funny because of how vehemently everyone else dislikes it!), may as well leave it ;P
How can I block them? Remember that many options are limited within workplaces.

As mentioned before, if they could be moved away from the default read/unread icons, they would be less of a distraction. Maybe the images could be changed to link into the forum index itself?

As for Aslanna's comment asking wtf Funk was saying above, it was pretty clear. The admin adding the images (Py) was online doing so while these threads were already posted.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

pyrella wrote:Really, you're a sad little man. I thought now that you were all growed up and got yourself a real career, it involved working with computers. You do not know how to block a single, or set of images from a website yet?

Here's a hint - http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/images/forums/ that's where all the bad men reside.

If we're going by who donate's the most - then frankly, I should probably replace each of those little icons (which are uniform height btw, 56px ftw!) with pictures glorifying my ass in 640xRandom, and Thess and her dog, but I wouldn't want to make my ass look any worse than it does.

Unfortunately we don't, so the forum is safe from my ass for another day. Out of all these, the only person with a valid complaint/resolution was Winnow, shockingly enough. Simple "I like/don't like" is fine - even better was suggestions for alternatives.

Rest of you act like I pissed on your dog, and you didn't even know he was on fire in the first place.

Besides, no love for a monkey with a gun - in light of this(these?) discussion(s), I find it entirely apropos, don't you?

P.S. I found your donation 2 years ago - would you still like your 50 bucks back?

1- I know how to block the images, but I was joining the brigade to get rid of them because I'm too lazy.

2- I never said I donated the most, nor did I say anyone else that posted in these topics donated more than others - I just stated that we did.

3 - If you care to re-read this thread, my first post was basically a simple I don't like and an agreement with leonaerd's suggestion for what improvement could be made. I did not say anything that I would consider out of line until the douchebag duo arrived on scene.

4 - I do actually kind of like said monkey, he's the only one I liked. I still think a picture of stragi would be more fitting for the retards forum.

5 - I didn't say, nor was I implying I wanted my money back. My point was/is that there are about 15 people out of hundreds and hundreds of posters here that have actually contributed to keeping this site alive, and I would assume (I could very well be wrong) those would be the people you would be most willing to take suggestions/complaints from in regard to changes made to the site.

Anything else?

Edit: Thanks boog, I thought it was pretty clear too. However this is far from the first time aslanna has replied to one of my posts saying it made no sense to him/her/it when it made perfect sense to every single other person that read it.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Boogahz wrote:As mentioned before, if they could be moved away from the default read/unread icons, they would be less of a distraction. Maybe the images could be changed to link into the forum index itself?
The thing about the forum images is that it wasn't like any code was changed to make them happen. They were a "feature" of phpbb3 that py started trying out yesterday.

I agree that they would be more beneficial if the pictures were also links.

As far as being at work, can you really not install the AdBlock plugin for firefox? Or the similar (same?) one for IE? Makes life much easier, and reduces the bandwidth that you consume, by being able to block banners and sigs and all kinds of good stuff.

Go Blue!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Sylvus wrote:
Boogahz wrote:As mentioned before, if they could be moved away from the default read/unread icons, they would be less of a distraction. Maybe the images could be changed to link into the forum index itself?
The thing about the forum images is that it wasn't like any code was changed to make them happen. They were a "feature" of phpbb3 that py started trying out yesterday.

As far as being at work, can you really not install the AdBlock plugin for firefox? Or the similar (same?) one for IE? Makes life much easier, and reduces the bandwidth that you consume, by being able to block banners and sigs and all kinds of good stuff.

I cannot install anything. I still have IE 6 at work, and I don't see any "upgrade" to IE 7 in the future due to some stupid internal practices/platforms. Sure, I could stop visiting from work, but this (amazingly enough) is the most sane part of my day anymore. If it is a feature of the board, is there any type of option that can be enabled to choose whether or not they are displayed in the User Control Panel?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:
Sylvus wrote:

I cannot install anything. I still have IE 6 at work, and I don't see any "upgrade" to IE 7 in the future due to some stupid internal practices/platforms. Sure, I could stop visiting from work, but this (amazingly enough) is the most sane part of my day anymore.

I am guessing a fair number of people are in the same boat as you... I have admin rights on my pc here, but probably 80% of the people here don't and cannot even do something simple like install plugins, etc.

I also think it would probably be reasonable to assume that most of the regular posters here do most of their browsing/posting from work.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I'm also stuck with 800x600 resolution which does cause some rather humorous wrapping of text in the forum index boxes.

I could change the resolution, but then I could not see the text in some of the software required to do my job as it was created with this resolution as a "standard."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:I'm also stuck with 800x600 resolution which does cause some rather humorous wrapping of text in the forum index boxes.

I could change the resolution, but then I could not see the text in some of the software required to do my job as it was created with this resolution as a "standard."
That really, really, really sucks :(
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

I was online adding images while what threads were already posted? There was nothing posted while I was adding them - I got sidetracked, checked the board back this morning, and saw the hilarity.

But uh, thanks for keeping track of what I do, I think?

And even if I *was* online when you posted it - what the fuck exactly is it you expected? Am I supposed to actually listen? Do your bidding? Read your mind before I do something?

Donations != Paycheck

You're not my boss, fuck off.

And again, I'm failing to see what all the uproar is about - aside from standard 'change is bad'. I shudder to say it, but be more like Winnow, and at least be constructive with alternatives/suggestions.

(I've already addressed size/theme uniformity before you reply)

In reference to 'look who started it' - take a look at both threads, look at the tone and the 'message'. While this is a flame board, and I'm not particularly butt-hurt about any of the comments, don't act all shocked and awed when the response is....less than civil. Can't believe anyone would be shocked the discussion would be like this. What would be even more shocking would be some constructive conversation back n forth, but uh, little late :P

Anyhow, I'll leave em like this in the meantime - next day or 2 should have the 'theme' set I hope. I actually am paying/trading services/providing a monkey love slave for someone to make a batch with common sizes/borders/backgrounds and MAYBE a banner as well.

P.S. You have about a day for any suggestions you want to make as far as the above is concerned (size/border/background/'theme') - I currently have asked for 50's retro ala Fallout or "Beer, getting fat chicks laid since 1884" or http://www.nutcheck.com in a 75x50px size (3:2)

I wish Drustwyn or Sylvus' friend was still around that did the fancy schmancy art before

P.P.S those of you forced in to odd resolutions and other stuff - both IE and FF allow you to 'turn off images' straight up for any site without any special plugins required.

P.P.S. For Sylvus since I know you're reading this thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw

-Cadalano
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Have you read anything you post? It usually consists of "fuck' or some variation. If that's not recycled unoriginality I don't know what is. Hardly what I would consider variety.
Really, I don't ever recall making a post that only consisted of - fuck, fucking, motherfucker, fucking-shit, fuck you, or even fuck aslanna. I could be wrong though, since you know more about my posting history than I do.
Don't be dense. Obviously I meant more than a single word. Here's a recent example:
Yeah. Real variety there.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

pyrella wrote:I was online adding images while what threads were already posted? There was nothing posted while I was adding them - I got sidetracked, checked the board back this morning, and saw the hilarity.

But uh, thanks for keeping track of what I do, I think?

And even if I *was* online when you posted it - what the fuck exactly is it you expected? Am I supposed to actually listen? Do your bidding? Read your mind before I do something?

Donations != Paycheck

You're not my boss, fuck off.

And again, I'm failing to see what all the uproar is about - aside from standard 'change is bad'. I shudder to say it, but be more like Winnow, and at least be constructive with alternatives/suggestions.

(I've already addressed size/theme uniformity before you reply)

In reference to 'look who started it' - take a look at both threads, look at the tone and the 'message'. While this is a flame board, and I'm not particularly butt-hurt about any of the comments, don't act all shocked and awed when the response is....less than civil. Can't believe anyone would be shocked the discussion would be like this. What would be even more shocking would be some constructive conversation back n forth, but uh, little late :P

Anyhow, I'll leave em like this in the meantime - next day or 2 should have the 'theme' set I hope. I actually am paying/trading services/providing a monkey love slave for someone to make a batch with common sizes/borders/backgrounds and MAYBE a banner as well.

P.S. You have about a day for any suggestions you want to make as far as the above is concerned (size/border/background/'theme') - I currently have asked for 50's retro ala Fallout or "Beer, getting fat chicks laid since 1884" or http://www.nutcheck.com in a 75x50px size (3:2)

I wish Drustwyn or Sylvus' friend was still around that did the fancy schmancy art before

P.P.S those of you forced in to odd resolutions and other stuff - both IE and FF allow you to 'turn off images' straight up for any site without any special plugins required.

P.P.S. For Sylvus since I know you're reading this thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw

Ah ok, I guess I wasn't aware that people showed their gratitude by being shitheads. See, some of us donate to keep the site running (because we like coming here and don't expect you to pay for it all), and without this I'm guessing you would have shut shit down, or moved it to some ad-riddled free site by now.

I didn't say I was your boss, I didn't say you should carry out my, or anyone else's every whim, but I don't think it's asking too much for you to LISTEN TO SOME FUCKING SUGGESTIONS YOU ARROGANT FUCK. I don't really give a fuck what kind of time you do or don't put into maintenance of this site, it is fine the way it is.

Again, since you keep mentioning it, I was trying to help by simply saying I didn't like it and I thought leonaerd's idea was a good one. And I am fully aware of my difference in tones between the two threads (at least initially), because this is the site/board dev forum and I didn't (initially) find it necessary to tell aslanna how much of a douche (I am sick of saying he/she/it, so from now forward I will just refer to it as "shit") I think shit is.

As for my suggestions (not that you care, obviously):

I think it would be best one of two ways, either

1- Make all the pictures the same size (smaller than they are now) and move them to the right of the column/row they are currently in, or

2- Make the images also be the links to the forum, and move the description (general, nws, etc) elsewhere in the same column/row they are in now.

P.S. - I apologize to shit, as shit is obviously bothered by my frequent use of the word "fuck". I will try not to say fuck as much anymore, because the fucking last thing I would want to do is frustrate shit.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

A+ "flame" (emphasis on the quotations) there Funk. Kudos on the variety and keep up the good work. You're at least good for a laugh or two on occassion.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

There have been plenty of suggestions in both threads.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

installing adblock solely to remove a froofy addition to my favorite messageboard... priceless.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

First off, my last reply was directed at Boogahz assuming that I was online actually reading what you asshats posted while I was adding shit. But Funk, you can go on and fight the good 'forum image nazi polcy police force' if you'd like (Oh shit i said Nazi, I may be ending the thread early =/ ) As far as gratitude - um...for what? Donations to a board that you use for your own use? Do I need to say donation != Paycheck again?

Boogahz - where exactly are these suggestions aside from what Winnow posted (oh god, just don't look at the size of them, may not fit on your postage stamp sized monitor). I see a bunch of demands about bullshit I didn't even address.

I said size/theme/border/background. I give 2 fucks about if you want it clickable, up, down, left, right or up your ass.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again - feel free to run off and make your own monochrome 8pt Times New Roman circle jerk fucking forum. Hell, I'll host it for you for free. I'll even throw in the domain name. It can be the 'My vag hurts because I need something to bitch about because...I have nothing left to bitch about Forums'

Fuck it, I'd even pay out of my own pocket to have it hosted elsewhere to you. Funk or Boogahz - can I paypal one of you 50 bucks? That'll cover almost a year just about anywhere else for basic web/forum hosting.

http://www.dicitonary.com - look up the difference between suggestion and demand

Again, the only suggestions that Leonaerd and Winnow and everyone else has made, I've already addressed - they will become the same size.
Rest of you can shove your demands up your collective asses - tee hee's, FUCKSHITBITCHASS, and <3's...bitches

-Cadalano
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

rofls, i misspelled dictionary

http://www.dictionary.com

-Cadalano
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

pyrella wrote:First off, my last reply was directed at Boogahz assuming that I was online actually reading what you asshats posted while I was adding shit. But Funk, you can go on and fight the good 'forum image nazi polcy police force' if you'd like (Oh shit i said Nazi, I may be ending the thread early =/ ) As far as gratitude - um...for what? Donations to a board that you use for your own use? Do I need to say donation != Paycheck again?

Boogahz - where exactly are these suggestions aside from what Winnow posted (oh god, just don't look at the size of them, may not fit on your postage stamp sized monitor). I see a bunch of demands about bullshit I didn't even address.

I said size/theme/border/background. I give 2 fucks about if you want it clickable, up, down, left, right or up your ass.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again - feel free to run off and make your own monochrome 8pt Times New Roman circle jerk fucking forum. Hell, I'll host it for you for free. I'll even throw in the domain name. It can be the 'My vag hurts because I need something to bitch about because...I have nothing left to bitch about Forums'

Fuck it, I'd even pay out of my own pocket to have it hosted elsewhere to you. Funk or Boogahz - can I paypal one of you 50 bucks? That'll cover almost a year just about anywhere else for basic web/forum hosting.

http://www.dicitonary.com - look up the difference between suggestion and demand

Again, the only suggestions that Leonaerd and Winnow and everyone else has made, I've already addressed - they will become the same size.
Rest of you can shove your demands up your collective asses - tee hee's, FUCKSHITBITCHASS, and <3's...bitches
So, Sybil - you say you want suggestions, then in the next sentence you basically say you don't. Either you want suggestions or not, saying you do but only if it fits these specific parameters is retarded. But I guess VV is your fucking playground and you can change whatever you want with no regard for what the people using the site think (cause let's face it, you are far from one of the most active users here. Hell, neither are any of the other admins.)

I made two suggestions, but apparently they don't fit your criteria (nor do the suggestions of most everyone else) - so why don't you come down off your soapbox.

Oh and BTW, while you are throwing criticisms and definitions around - explain to me where anyone is making a demand of you, since you keep mentioning it.

Are you by any chance some kind of IT/db admin? Every single person I have ever interacted with that works in the IT department for any company has the same "screw you, I do it because I can, and because I'm a pathetic nerd and the only power I have in my life is at work, so do it my way" attitude that makes me want to see them die an agonizing death.
Last edited by Funkmasterr on September 18, 2007, 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Rofl, you're doing the doctor cox thing that Noel used to do to you, how cute!

-Cadalano
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

pyrella wrote:Rofl, you're doing the doctor cox thing that Noel used to do to you, how cute!

Rofl, actually Einstein I was calling you Sybil in reference to your one personality wanting suggestions in one sentence, and the other personality taking over 5 seconds later and saying you don't. Keep up the accurate diagnostics though, doc!
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

The thought of these annoying you really gives me a warm feeling inside.

And I did ask for suggestions for a certain set of criteria (size/theme/border/background), and said what I don't want suggestions for another set of criteria (placement). Hmm, perhaps doing things in a certain order?

Considering the initial complaint(s) were about how it looks, I figured I should address that first.

You guys are too funny, it changes one way, you bitch. We go to a plain and straightforward layout, you complain. We start to work on customizing/cleaning shit up....you complain. It's not even a simple suggestion issue, but purely a foaming at the mouth, straight attack approach you take. I respond in kind, and you all of a sudden feel victimized and put upon. Luckily I've learned that...well most people are both retarded and incapable of handling any direction themselves - so I make do with who and what I have that can actually communicate in a coherent manner.

Anyways, to those that are actually communicating at an adult level, I/we will try and take these things in to consideration - but we're not gonna please all of the people all of the time. In the event that you may be afraid that your well communicated suggestion was missed - feel free to PM me.

-Cadalano
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

pyrella wrote:The thought of these annoying you really gives me a warm feeling inside.

And I did ask for suggestions for a certain set of criteria (size/theme/border/background), and said what I don't want suggestions for another set of criteria (placement). Hmm, perhaps doing things in a certain order?

Considering the initial complaint(s) were about how it looks, I figured I should address that first.

You guys are too funny, it changes one way, you bitch. We go to a plain and straightforward layout, you complain. We start to work on customizing/cleaning shit up....you complain. It's not even a simple suggestion issue, but purely a foaming at the mouth, straight attack approach you take. I respond in kind, and you all of a sudden feel victimized and put upon. Luckily I've learned that...well most people are both retarded and incapable of handling any direction themselves - so I make do with who and what I have that can actually communicate in a coherent manner.

Anyways, to those that are actually communicating at an adult level, I/we will try and take these things in to consideration - but we're not gonna please all of the people all of the time. In the event that you may be afraid that your well communicated suggestion was missed - feel free to PM me.

You are wrong, but I am done trying to explain why because you obviously have very selective listening skills.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

pyrella wrote:First off, my last reply was directed at Boogahz assuming that I was online actually reading what you asshats posted while I was adding shit. But Funk, you can go on and fight the good 'forum image nazi polcy police force' if you'd like (Oh shit i said Nazi, I may be ending the thread early =/ ) As far as gratitude - um...for what? Donations to a board that you use for your own use? Do I need to say donation != Paycheck again?

Um, my response about you being online was summarizing Funk saying that whomever was making the changes was doing so while the threads were here because Aslanna couldn't comprehend his post. I never saw the pictures changing, I just saw them and made this post. I don't know what crawled up your ass, but I really hope it decides not to continue to crawl out sideways. I posted here asking what was up with them. I asked if there was a way to turn them off or move them. Also, the request to make them links was brought up. I don't know who complained about what when you are referring to earlier board changes, but I think you're confused about who has their panties in a wad over this one.
Last edited by Boogahz on September 18, 2007, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

suggestion: right align the pictures so they're next to views/posts rather than pushing the forum info/link over.

thx
miir and I are best friends. <3
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:As for Aslanna's comment asking wtf Funk was saying above, it was pretty clear. The admin adding the images (Py) was online doing so while these threads were already posted.
Obviously it could have been more clear. Besides which just because someone is making configuration changes at that time does not mean they are actually reading any of the threads. The two are totally exclusive.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:
Boogahz wrote:As for Aslanna's comment asking wtf Funk was saying above, it was pretty clear. The admin adding the images (Py) was online doing so while these threads were already posted.
Obviously it could have been more clear. Besides which just because someone is making configuration changes at that time does not mean they are actually reading any of the threads. The two are totally exclusive.
yeah

obviously

:roll:
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote: yeah

obviously

I don't see why the eye roll. If you think "Considering I have seen the photos periodically being put up after the thread/s were started, your "some people actually have a life" statement is irrelevant. " is totally clear as to what he's trying to say either I have lost intelligence by reading all of his posts or you have started speaking his language. I'm not sure which is more scary. Either way that's why I asked for clarification before jumping on what was said but I guess around here it's better to just jump to conclusions. Personally I don't see what the fuss was about.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:

obviously

I don't see why the eye roll. If you think "Considering I have seen the photos periodically being put up after the thread/s were started, your "some people actually have a life" statement is irrelevant. " is totally clear as to what he's trying to say either I have lost intelligence by reading all of his posts or you have started speaking his language. I'm not sure which is more scary. Either way that's why I asked for clarification before jumping on what was said but I guess around here it's better to just jump to conclusions. Personally I don't see what the fuss was about.
Well forgive me for not living up to your standards, you are obviously far more intelligent than I am :lol: :lol: and I should not question the all knowing, all seing shit.

It's funny because like I previously stated, you have been (to the best of my knowledge) the only person that has ever had an issue understanding my post/s, and you have had the issue continuously.

It could be that other people have had your same difficulties but not cared enough to say anything (insert flame here), but more often than not I don't feel that's the case.

Did I articulate that clearly and concisely enough for you? I even made paragraph breaks where they did not belong so I didn't lose you during that confusing literary journey.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:

obviously

The "fuss" only came about because Py thought that *I* was the one saying that he was online and ignoring posts.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i almost missed this gem of a thread because its in some obscure-ass subforum. please move it to general or somewhere similar. I expect this to be completed within 24 hours since this board wouldnt even be here if not for the annual contributions of my hard earned allowance. Also please collate these papers for me thank you.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I like turtles.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Unless they're going to be re-sized to such a size that you couldn't make out what the picture even is, I think it's going to be too much. When I saw the picture for the books forum, I thought it looked good--then the other pictures were added.