Rappelz

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Rappelz

Post by miir »

Based on my personal experience, this is why Breeders suck:

They have some decent stat buffs for pets... the problem is you can use only 1 at a time. So you can buff you pet a few points of strength OR a few points of vitality OR a few points of Int.. etc

Heals (self and pet) have ridiculously high mana costs and Breeders have no passive skills or buffs to regen mana.

Their armor/defense sucks.

So you have the choice of having your pet tank while you chuck nukes from a distance but pet DPS is pretty average and breeder nukes are so-so so kills are really fucking slow. Or you can go toe-to-toe with the mobs alternating taking between you and your pet... the problem with that is the aforementioned high mana cost of heals.

So you pretty much have to stick to slowly grinding mobs around (or below) your level in order to keep your mana at a sustainable level. Even then you'll be snarfing down mana potions, scrolls and drink as often as the cooldowns will let you.

Now I can see with the progression that at higher levels the pet defensive buffs will make even mundane pets pretty good tanks, but the whole concept of the class seems pretty uninspiring. And that breeders have no advantage in creature taming until after job level 40 is a bit disappointing. One of the most appealng things about the class in Epic3 was the fact that even at low levels, a breeder was better at taming creatures than any other class.

And another thing that really pisses me off is that one of the key breeder skills from epic3, Creature Breeding is totally fucking worthless. It took me a little over an hour for my level 41 breeder with lvl 5 Creature Breeding (increased pet XP) to get a panther to level 25. It took my mid 20s Kahuna less than an hour to get her chicken pet to level 25. I guess the extra pet XP from breeding is meant to offset the pathetic XP gain rate of the Breeder.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

FOR DRADEN

What is Stamina?

Like said in the beginner's guide, it's your way of getting bonus experience and job experience. (This has no affect on creature experience, Lak, or quests.) There are several levels of Stamina that you can acquire over time. For now, the ranks are:

Normal Condition: 0 - 99
Good Condition: 99 - 1299 (2x Exp and JP gained for each kill)
Top Condition: 1300 - 5000 (Even more bonus)

Where is the Stamina?

It's located on the upper left corner below your job experience bar, in your character window. Hovering over your experience progress bar will tell you how much you currently have out of 5000, wnad what condition it's in. Like so:

How do you regenerate Stamina?

Rengerating Stamina takes quite a bit of time. It's almost compensating and equaling out whether you should mob everything you can in a long period of time with no stamina, or wait out in town and gain stamina to receive the bonus later on. Here are the basics:

Weak: [Outside of town] Standing around or sitting.
Strong: [Inside of town] Standing around or sitting.
Unknown: Logging off (In or out, I haven't tried this yet.)
Fast: Drinking Stamina Pots (500)

Currently I logged off in town for about 12 hours, and gained 550~ stamina. Also, I just tried sitting down in town for about 8 minutes, and regenerated about 8 stamina...I'll test these out later. Especially logging out of town.

Also, different classes MAY have faster regenerating abilities than others, though I haven't tested this out yet either.

When does Stamina drain?

Stamina drains whenever you kill monsters. The amount of Stamina drained depends on the level of the monster, which is located on the left side of the monster's name.

-
Evolution
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Thanks Kwon! I was confused about Stamina myself.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I don't think I'm going to have the patience to level up my Breeder even with an uber pet killing everything in site. My Strider/Assassin has completely spoiled me on my expectations on how fast I can roll through mobs.

Lalanae, I picked up a +6 weapon for my Breeder last night (glows green) so that leaves my 2H Great Mace +5 (rank 10) (glows blue) available for you to have if you're sticking with your Breeder. The +5 boost to stats is a big help as you level up.

Info for those that don't know:

Weapons and armor are gimped even if you level them to Rank 10 right away as they have a level range. R2 items are 20-47 so a Rank 10 R2 item won't be at full power until level 47. However, the + enhanced stats are not limited by level so you can take advantage of them early on.

Failure rates are a little higher with cube enhancements as well in E4 so it's a little more difficult to get a +5 or higher weapon. Even +3 and +4 cube enhancements have a chance to fail now.

----

I've pretty much twinked Skeeva to the moon:

+5 Lv10 R3 Dirk (x2)
+5 Lv10 R3 Armor
+4 Lv10 R3 Helm
+4 Lv10 R3 Cape
Bunny Mask (adds defense)
Cat Ears (adds attack)

+8 Luck Rings (x2)
+1% crit earring

Items I'm looking for:

+12 Luck Rings (~2.5M each)
+2% crit earring (~4M)

Of the items above, I purchased the ears from the Gpotato store. The rest I purchased through player stores. The capes, helms and masks don't drop off mobs and are only sold in the Gpotato store so you can buy them there or you can pick up a Cape for around 12-14M, Mask 2.5-4M, and Helm ~4.5M in player stores if you get lucky and make generate Rupees with some creature card drops. An advantage to buying them from players that have moved on to the next rank is that they have most likely leveled the item to 10 and added some enhancements. What bothers me about Gpotato bought cape/helms is that they can break with enhancements so you can shell out quite a bit of real money and have the item break on you trying to enhance it. That would seriously piss me off so I'll support the game through non breakable stuff like masks, ears, and of course the HV pass and tents.

-----

I'd like to hear more about Kahunas from Miir and Kwon. I always look at the most EQ shaman-like class first when considering a new game but for Rappelz I decided to go with pure carnage first and then figure out pets and spell casting later.

----

(so much for wondering why people don't pick up their money. I stopped a few levels ago. If you want to make 10-100K rupees, just go to Rondo and out the south gate to the Salamander field and run around picking up scrolls, potions and piles of Rupees littered everywhere)
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Winnow wrote:(so much for wondering why people don't pick up their money. I stopped a few levels ago. If you want to make 10-100K rupees, just go to Rondo and out the south gate to the Salamander field and run around picking up scrolls, potions and piles of Rupees littered everywhere)
I'm still wondering... why not? So you pay attention to what drops to know if there's something good? I don't. The times I've gotten creature cards, I didn't even notice until I opened my inventory later on. I pick everything up.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kahunas are total assbeat.

They have:
General physical/mental def and physical/magic atk buffs.
Run speed buff.
Axe/staff atk passives.
Axe haste passive.

They have elemental toggles that are killer.
Water does +dmg and % chance to leech mana (level 3 is like 45 mana per).
Thunder does +dmg and % chance to stun.
Earth does +dmg and % chance for additional poison dmg.
Fire seems pretty crappy as it's the only one that's just +dmg (I might have missed the secondar effect).

They have a short duration +crit buff.

The elemental tertiary skills are quite nice too.
Water is a low mana cost HOT and what looks like a sleep/mez.
Thunder is a slow/snare and haste buff.
Fire is a DOT and a damage shield.
Earth is a dmg/root and AE attack.

The JL 40 'reckless' skills look interesting.
Depending on the element, they increase your m.def, p.def, m.atk or p.atk.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Hrm, I may start playing my Kahuna more.

I still like my Breeder, so I still plan on playing her primarily. She's not even lvl 30 so I may change my mind later, but I've always been a slow leveler on purpose, so the natural slowness of leveling a breeder may work for me.

Winnow, I'd love the wep. I don't have much money on me atm, but I can give you what I got and/or some random skill cards I've been saving to try to sell when I'm in the mood. Just let me know what you want.

Thanks for the head's up on the armor levels. I'm focusing on leveling up/enhancing the pieces I can eventually pass down to my Kahuna alt, but even then the money goes quick.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I've always been a slow leveler on purpose, so the natural slowness of leveling a breeder may work for me.
Sounds like a double whammy to me. :(

I'm wondering if the other pet classes like Spellsinger and Sorceror are much better.
I have a lowbie Sorc that I may try leveling up sometime.

Thanks for the head's up on the armor levels. I'm focusing on leveling up/enhancing the pieces I can eventually pass down to my Kahuna alt, but even then the money goes quick.
I found that purchasing hidden valley passes helped me save up money ingame.
Everything is cheaper, you get more rupees/chips per Lak and merchant buyback is better.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:
I found that purchasing hidden valley passes helped me save up money ingame.
Everything is cheaper, you get more rupees/chips per Lak and merchant buyback is better.

I'm also going to spend the 200GP to increase my Chaos Necklace to Level 2.

I don't see a need to raise it any higher but I do max out the 500 Laks sometimes on an hour SS XP trip so Level 2 1000 Laks would probably help out. I don't see needing a lvl10 5000 Lak necklace anytime soon.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lalanae wrote: Winnow, I'd love the wep. I don't have much money on me atm, but I can give you what I got and/or some random skill cards I've been saving to try to sell when I'm in the mood. Just let me know what you want.
The Mace cost me about 2 million and 10 Cube strikes (another 2.5 Million or so) to make because I failed the first +5 attempt and ended up leveling it to r10 twice but you can have it for free as long at it gets put to good use. I'm proud of it as it's the first weapon I upgraded myself! (can Kahunas use 2H maces as well?) I think they get bonus for Axes though.

It's this one:

If someone wants to try out my Level 52 Orc in the picture above, they can tonight as I'll be leveling Skeeva with the Pixie. I only have a level 1 2H sword on the orc though that I can lend as a weapon for it. I picked it up for 25M but may add it to my store at night for 30M to see if it sells as I'm concentrating on Skeeva again. (just don't use its 2 unspent JPs!)

Actually, tonight might not be a good night to try it out with the weekly maintenance taking down the servers early.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kahunas can use any weapon but they only get buffs/passives for axe and staff.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Will be fun to try out the Reckless elements soon! I'm at 37 now.

The Spellsingers are apparenly able to change form to the pet they're using.

Beast Disguise and Harmony of Life seem pretty funky!

Imagine having an orc pet and suddenly....looking like an orc as well! :D

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I got teh boot!

Here you go Fash. Hawkman 48-50 location:

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I farmed Hawkmen there for a while on Miir.
There's some level 40ish hawkmen south of there around the Pyre Site map marker.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Some guild icon ideas!

Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Other icons that could be shrinked to 20x20 and transparent :D

And the worst/best icon of them all, the creepy GW-baby
Last edited by Kwonryu DragonFist on August 8, 2007, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Here is my contribution to icon :D

---
20x20 versions

Last edited by Kwonryu DragonFist on August 8, 2007, 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Can icons have transparency layers?
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

the color for transparency is rgb 255,0,255. final file must be a 100% quality JPG 20x20.

oh man, lets do dig-dug!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Some guild icon ideas!

I had the VV logo as our first Icon but the only one I could find was me taking a screenshot of the VV icon on my browser tab which turned out pretty fuzzy.

The VV logo is my first choice as a logo. Fash's TedClub is cool though.

I'm willing to change the icon as often as people would like to try out different ones.

These icons are 20x20?? i find that scientifically....fascinating!

Where did you et the VV logo Miir? I'll try that one next time I'm on. Looks better that what I had.

-----

I killed about 300 Hawk Men 48-50 range that where all blue (except for the 50's which a handful were white before I leveled to 53). No card drops. I did find some level 58-63 Salamander critters right around the corner from those Hawk Men that I can beat on in a few more levels to keep trying for Salamanders when I outgrow the 50's in Rondo.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I just took the frontpage VV_DRAMA gif, cropped it and reduced it.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Pooka from DigDug!

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Awful cropping.
It looks like an unidentifiable blob.

Here:
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

DigDug himself!

Japanese Mask

Last edited by Kwonryu DragonFist on August 8, 2007, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

that pink is the transparent color though... it's interesting making these because it's not a perfect art. if you have small detail where there is for example a line 1 pixel wide of transparency, the pink will bleed through in the game. It took me like 4 iterations to get the TedClub logo looking as it does.

kwons digdug looks good but i imagine there will be pink on the back of his head and in his feet. lets try it and see!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote: Here:

Background has to be 255,0,255 for the transparency. :)

Will prolly look better in-game than on here (without the pink) :D

I prefer Pooka over DigDug or Fygar tho!

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

For Draden and Fash

PVP

Rappelz is pvp in almost the truest of senses. At the point, anyone can attack anyone. You can get attacked at anytime on pvp servers, as well as, the carebear servers. If you'd like to attack someone, you just switch your pvp on. You can then attack people who's pvp switch is on or off.

There are no safe zones, just a deterrent called immortality points which you get on each pvp kill. These build up over time and cause several handicaps to happen to your character.

A lot of people do not like the current pvp system in Rappelz and are wishing for a World of Warcraft or Lineage 2 system. The devs obviously agree because the pvp system is being reformed and could be ready by the next patch. I've posted a small explanation of the immortality rules below, and you can find more information here.

Immorality System

1.You gain a small amount of immorality points every time you turn on PK mode.

2.If you kill someone who does not have PK mode on then you will gain a large amount of immorality points.

3.If a players name is red then they have a lot of immorality points, if their name is orange they have a small amount of immorality points, if their name is white then they have no immorality points.

4.If you kill someone who is more than 10 levels less than you then you gain a lot of immorality points.

5.As you gain more and more immorality points you get increasing levels of wrath. Wrath reduces your defense, attack power, and move speed.

6.You lose immorality points by killing monsters your level and higher. You also lose immorality points by dying.

7.If you have a lot of immorality points then the amount of exp you gain will be lowered.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Buy low and sell high people! This is easier than selling Yaks in North Freeport!

I'm going to blow it all on a tamed Salamander if this guy decides to sell his. Easy come, easy go!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

You don't have to fucking rub it in that you've gotten 5+ pet card drops... and bought like 30 million as well.

I'm up to about 4 million now.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Braggart!!

Please keep an eye out for upgraded R3 1h axes.. havent found any yet. I have 20m rupees left atm.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

Ok yall have gotten me interested enough to find out what all the hoopla is about. I'm on Bahamut as Sionistic. Only lvl10 right now. Im on that first group quest.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Sionistic wrote:Ok yall have gotten me interested enough to find out what all the hoopla is about. I'm on Bahamut as Sionistic. Only lvl10 right now. Im on that first group quest.
You shouldnt need a group for that, eventhough it recommends a group.
Just use your force chips and potions and you shouldn't have much trouble with those Anatemas.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:You don't have to fucking rub it in that you've gotten 5+ pet card drops... and bought like 30 million as well.

I'm up to about 4 million now.
Hah!

you know I'd be all decked out in Rubicite in N.Freeport.

The equivalent of Rubicite atm in Rappelz is the useless Salamander pet which has no skills...so that is my goal! That and an Evo 3 Yeti because they are the best looking pet IMO. I doubt anyone's going to be selling a level 100 pet anytime soon though.

It's no secret that a couple creature card drops get the ball rolling in this game. That there seems to be a 1 in 10,000 drop rate for cards like Salamanders, Hawk Men and Angels doesn't help.

I'm trying to buy a tamed Salamander for 100M but the breeder said salamanders are successful tames with about 1 in 6. Basically, he could buy 5 salamander cards for 20M each and come away with nothing, but his odds are favorable to get one of those cards to successfully tame. If it's the first one, he's got 80M Rupees and another Tamed Salamander to sell for an outrageous price.

It's got to just suck to have one of the rare creature cards fail. It sucks hard enough with the basic/common cards. Rappelz is a bit overly brutal when it comes to that IMO. You need to spend 4 to 6 days constantly farming

Fash, I'll look for 1H R3 Axes. I don't recall seeing too many of those. Are they new to E4? If so, there probably won't be too many on the market.
Knarlz
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Knarlz »

I made a char, Onoshidin, ( Oh no she didn't!) Yoro bitches!

Not confirming to xxx.net is weak, the log in screen is all red x's to me. I finally got in but haven't had much time.
I do have 300 Rps!!
A couple of noob ?s.

What happens to you and your stuff when dead?
How do you change/rotate camera angle?
Pride of nationality depends not on ignorance of other nations, but on ignorance of one's own.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Is this still in beta?

It sounds like to advance (or at least have cool things) it's going to cost you money. I was never a big fan of NFP or the Bazaar. Or is that an incorrect assumption?

If I had the time in RL to play another online game I'd be back in EQ. Just curious mostly.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Not confirming to xxx.net is weak, the log in screen is all red x's to me. I finally got in but haven't had much time.
Huh?
The launcher/patcher is kinda sketchy. Sometimes it can't grab the images but just click on where the PLAY button would be.
A couple of noob ?s.

What happens to you and your stuff when dead?
How do you change/rotate camera angle?
When you die, your character sits there until you click to respawn. You can set your respawn at the teleporter at any of the cities. You only lose XP when you die.

Right click and hold to pan the camera around.

Is this still in beta?

It sounds like to advance (or at least have cool things) it's going to cost you money. I was never a big fan of NFP or the Bazaar. Or is that an incorrect assumption?
Nope, it was officially released like 10 months ago.

It's a free to play game with an item shop.
A lot of cool things like cat ears, stamina savers (like bonus XP potions)and cloaks are available from the cash shop. They are totally not necessary to play the game or to be effective playing the game. Advancement is definately not tied to these items although you can level faster with them.

You don't need a cool pet but they can make things easier.
The kahuna that I started on Monday was only twinked with a R2 lvl 10 weapon. All her gear and pet were gotten during normal leveling/questing/grinding. She's level 37 after 3 days.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The entire game can be played without spending a dime. You can even get the few "store only" items from other players by payin gthem Rupees (the only store uses gpotato currency).

The one item that is worth getting is a Hidden Valley pass which lets you into a special are where you can purchase items for 15% less and get better conversion rates on Laks.

In a sense, you need money to advance, but money (rupees) drop off every mob in the game. The reason some people enjoy this game is taht there are several things involved in developing your character:

Character Level
Job Level
Assigning Job Skill points to Skills and leveling up specific skills
Advancing to next Job Class

Leveling up equipment
Enchancing equipment

Finding creature cards and taming pets
Leveling up pets
equipping pets
Assigning job points to pets for skills to pets

Gaining Soul stones and assigning them to equipment

Gaining new ranks in the game R1, R2, R3, R4 and new equipement, armor, weapons, etc that come with those new ranks

And more! going to lunch so can't make this a clear as it could be. Bottom line is it's fun and no need to spend money unless you wish to.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

That all being said, I have already put about $60 into this game. About the same as I paid for C&C3, except I've already played this 10x as much.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fash wrote:That all being said, I have already put about $60 into this game. About the same as I paid for C&C3, except I've already played this 10x as much.
Yes, but you can play this game for several hours or a day or two easily before deciding if a Hidden Valley pass is worth buying. From how empty Hidden Valley is, I'm guessing most people that play Rappelz play it for free and us "veteran gamers" are in the minority.

Paying for anything factors mostly into how fast you can advance in the game with stamina bonuses. And, even then, if you're a casual gamer, the stamina you build while offline will be enough to get you through a couple hours a day with bonuses with the only "penalty" if you keep playing being gaining less exp/jp per kill.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

For Draden! (and other pethandlers who do not know!)

Some people choose to evolve their pet as soon as it's ready for it(lvl 40), and some don't. Why?

Overbreeding!

They will gain 1 point per level, and 2 points during overbreeding, which has changed the purpose of overbreeding entirely. The maximum level for each skill is yet to be determined.

The first evolution can take place at level 40, and the second at level 50, however you can overbreed them by leveling them further before you evolve them in order to pick up more skills and make them stronger.

It takes very long to overbreed the creatures, so do it only if you have all the time in the world and have much patience.

To evolve your creature, talk to the Tamer NPC and choose 'Creature Evolution'.

Take the tortuga for example Draddy.

Check out the skills it gets at 51 on their first form.

http://www.tabemashou.com/games/rappelz ... tortus.php

-
From the rumormill:

Angel will be a mix of dark magi and cleric. Their healing and offensive spells will be more powerful than red and blue pixie.

Centaur will take the role of powerful ranged dd(siren+skelly).

Ent will take role of tank and dd. It will have offensive and defensive buffs(Orc+Yeti).

Angel pet

Ent

Centaur

Salamander

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Glow from +11
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I will not be denied!

Say hello to HotStuff!

He scurries along so cute when running!

If I evolve him to Evo 2, he'll look like this:

Image Image

I think he can melee if I give him a weapon and armor but has no skills yet and it may be awhile before they give Salamanders, Angels and Hawkmen skills.

I won't say how much I paid but my Rappelz Rupees took a major hit! I will say that the Tamer I bought him off of was very cool. I had spoke to him/her for several days and they are now set up with a great opporunity to tame more salamanders, Hawk Men and eventually Angels.

I'll refer any guildies that need taming to him. He's pretty high level (tamed his own Salamander) so chances will be improved if someone decides to try taming a card that drops instead of selling it.

For the high level breeders, there's a 1 in 6 chance of taming Salamanders and the cards sell for 20M empty so there aren't too many on the server atm. Basically, for odds, you'd need six cards (120M) to have an even chance....and I farmed for 10 levels and probably 7-9K salamanders and got one card.

Fun fun! Now I can get back to leveling and ditch my Salamander farming obsession!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Another fruitless day of farming.
Roughly 1k Orcs (and about 5% centaurs) and no drops.
Another 300-400 Hawkmen... no drops.
Everything was white except for a few yellows at the beginnign and some light blues towards the end.

I did manage to go from level 36 to 40.
I guess I'm pretty much cursed for getting pet cards. 81 levels and no drops. :?
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

are you wearing any +luck? I'm not bragging like winnow, but damn, 49 levels and i've gotten 2 or 3 blue pixie, 1 red pixie, and several tortus and poultry cards.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yeah wear two luck rings when farming for cards! I've heard peeps having good results when wearing those :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fash wrote:are you wearing any +luck? I'm not bragging like winnow, but damn, 49 levels and i've gotten 2 or 3 blue pixie, 1 red pixie, and several tortus and poultry cards.

I have two +8 luck earings rings so +16 luck total.

And I'm not bragging. I'm boasting! (I just like to post screenshots!)

I haven't had a card drop since the Salamander card when I hit level 50 so that's four levels of nothing while farming Salamanders and Hawk Men.

I suppose the only thing I'd recommend, as others have, is to wear some luck earrings. I have to wear them to increase my crit % so it's easy for me to fill my earrings slots with luck.

Last night I was able to get Assassin Impact up to level 9 (lv5+4) so I'm one level away from maxing it out. It's a big reason why I'm mowing through mobs as I have 39% chance for quadruple attack each time I swing with a high crit % heaped on top of that and a short cool down triple attack "dark strike". At this level, it's active about 90% of the time. The next level increases it to 41% chance so not too much more left.

Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

How spensive are the luck rings on average? I don't think I've seen anyone selling luck rings yet tbo.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Somali wrote:How spensive are the luck rings on average? I don't think I've seen anyone selling luck rings yet tbo.

Anywhere from around 200K to 4M.

Go here to see the various rings and their names:

http://www.morgheda.net/

click on jewelry in the left had column
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Stat mods:
Base Statistics
Strength
2 P.Atk when wielding a melee weapon and 3/8 P.Atk when wielding a ranged weapon

Vitality
2 P.Def and 30 maximum HP

Intelligence
2 M.Atk and 30 maximum MP

Wisdom
2 M.Def, 3/8 M.Acc, and 1/2 M.Res

Agility
1/2 Evasion

Dexterity
13/8 P.Atk when wielding a ranged weapon, 1/2 Accuracy, and 1/8 M.Acc

Luck
1/5 Critical Ratio
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Stat mods:

Luck
1/5 Critical Ratio
How about an unscientific observation?

Winnow and Fash (Luck Earrings) 10 cards

Miir (No Luck Earrings) 0 cards

(I don't know if Fash was wearing Luck Earring for all of those drops)

Stat listed or not, I know I'd be trying some luck rings out with those numbers!

There are some R3 +12 Luck earrings but they range in price from 2.5M-5M in player stores. I'm going to grab one or two of them next time I see them and will then have some +8 R3 luck earrings available.

I think my breeder has some R2 +6 luck rings I can lend you until you hit R3 if you want.