Rappelz

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Rappelz

Post by miir »

You guys wanna start up a casual VV guild?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

I am game, even though I have sent tells to both of you and not gotten a response. :(
It makes me a sad panda.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

100K Rupees for Sabek! (get on Skeeva's friends list in the game Sabek)

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. So, you really don't have to rush killing mobs (unless you have one of the very expensive SS potions that lasts an hour). Sounds like your Stamina will drop exactly according to the JP gained off of mobs. Nice.

With a tent (and HV pass), I log on each day to 2400 stamina. Stamina potions 500/1000 are only obtainable through quests. I'm guessing that if you suck down a 500 right in the beginning of the day, your stamina would go to 2900/24000. If it doesnt and you only get 2400 max, that's something to be aware of and not take the potion until your max stam drops some.

I still haven't seen exactly how the SS hour potions work. I know that you get max bonus for the hour, but how much stam do you end up with at the end? If you end up with your 2400/24000, that's kinda nice as you then have another hour's worth of killing before it drops below bonus. If it stops at 24000 and then drops, it would be even better but I doubt that happens.

There are some funny pet names out there. I like that one : )

Goooood pet! My Pixie in action healing me. I need to change my pet's name (can buy the name change thingies off players for ~650K)

The reason I have a Blue Pixie is that I decided to treat myself to a pre-leveled pet. To do this, I had to buy Rupees on the black market. (never say I don't do my part to support asian sweat shops!)

I can confirm that this place I linked below is legit if you ever decide to do this yourself. You pay them with Paypal and someone delivers the RP to you in the game within a few minutes.

I would suggest using their Live Chat customer service (bottom left corner of web page) before placing the order to make sure they have enough RP in stock for you on Bahamut server or wherever.

Here's the link:

http://www.virgame.com/cats.php?ex=y&ga ... &cat_pk=20

50 Million Rupees USD $ 75.99
40 Million Rupees USD $ 59.89
30 Million Rupees USD $ 44.99
20 Million Rupees USD $ 31.19
10 Million Rupees USD $ 15.89

Even 10 Million Rupees is a huge help. If you think of it in terms of buying a game, spending ~40-50.00, 30 Million RP will make life very pleasant for you. Again, you don't need to spend a dime on this game to have fun. I can't seem to do anything legal so went underground for the Rupees. I do suppor t the game though with the Hidden Valley Pass and plan to keep doing that while I'm playing.

My Lvl 37 B.Pixie cost me 22 Million on the open market auctions so that pretty much sucked up the bulk of my RP. If you don't buy a leveled pet, the RP will go a long long ways in helping to buy equipment, upgrade equipment (ranks), buy healing potions or skill cards, enhancements, etc.

The R1, R2, R3, R4 armor/weapon categories prevent RP from uber tweaking. Plus theres level penalties within a rank so while buying a Rank 2 Level 10 +12 Dirk will definitely boost your damage, it will still be far below it's max power at level 20 that it would be at level 40-ish.

----

Official Rappelz forums are back up:

http://rappelz-forum.gpotato.com/
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

We do not accept bellsouth.net email. Please use another email.
What kinda rinky-dink operation are they running?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:
We do not accept bellsouth.net email. Please use another email.
What kinda rinky-dink operation are they running?
they didn't accept cox.net either.

Seems they prefer hotmail/gmail, etc type accounts.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's info on SS:

Code: Select all

Stamina 500/1000 won't raise the stamina over your max stamina limit. As for SS, it'll recovery a small amount of your stamina, and keep it there for an hour, you can still increase the stamina by drinking stamina 500/1000, it just won't drop down
So, if you decide to try one of the SS potions, make sure your stamina is already in the good range so you get the full benefits. 280-300K each potions seems steep to use these though.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There's a new guild on the Bahamut server but I can't say much about it!

*send a tell if you want in*

Rumor has it that this new guild has already taken down the dreaded Red Fang and Godzilla!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

What was that attack you were using where you just went apeshit and stabbed the mob like a billion times really fast?

I'm gonna work on farming pet cards.
From the information I've managed to find, Laksy are has the best chance of drops for Skeleton and Yeti.
Going to save up my JP to max out creature taming.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Is there a way remap keys? I can't get used to using f keys for everything.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:What was that attack you were using where you just went apeshit and stabbed the mob like a billion times really fast?

I'm gonna work on farming pet cards.
From the information I've managed to find, Laksy are has the best chance of drops for Skeleton and Yeti.
Going to save up my JP to max out creature taming.
Those skelly pets are in demand. People pay 9 million for an empty card and it still might "poof" if not successful on the taming attempt.

The "apeshit" attack is probably "Dark Strike" which is a triple attack, combined with ("Assassin Impact" +30% chance for double attack). Dark Strike has a pretty short refresh of 60 seconds so you see it a lot.

Striders do monster damage when they have:

Dark Strike - triple attack
Assassin Impact - +30% for a double attack (making it a x6 attack combined with Dark Strike)
Concentration - 5 min +accuracy buff
Quick Potion - increased attack speed
Force Chip - 10 seconds of double damage
Add above to the already fast attack speed of daggars for the "Tasmanian Devil" fighting animations.

going off at once. The key skill is Assassins Impact which is my Job Level 25 skill. It has a 15 minute refresh but I'm working on maxing the rank of the skill plus enhancements which will keep the skill active for 11 minutes so I'll only be down 4 minutes between "apeshit" attacks : )

I have my earring and rings all focused on +luck for crits.

Last night we were killing low level mobs so I wasn't using haste buffs. If you parsed the Godzilla battle you'd see my real damage.

Having great time with game but I, once again, failed on an Assassins Impact skill enhancement combination last night so I've lost four +1 skill cards that sell for 500-600K each and two skill cubes which run ~280K. Rappelz is just brutal when it comes to skill card enhancement. Everything poofs on a fail...and if you manage to combine two +1 skill cards to make a +2, you need to combine two +2 skill cards for a +3, and so on...so if you poof a +3 or a +4, it's going to be quite a downer for the night! I've decided to buy the skills due to this and stick to enhancing armor and weapons where if you fail, you are able to recover some of the material so it's not a total loss. In the case of Assassins's impact, each +1 = an extra minute the skill is active. Maxing Assassin's Impact at rank 5 = 7 minutes. Adding +4 of enchancements gives a full 11 minutes out of the 15 minute cool down for the skill to remain active.

My level 35 job skill is "Find Defect" which is a duration skill that adds % chance to crit from 3-10% depending on rank of the skill. The other key skill that I already have is "Deep Evasion" (2 second cast) which give me 45-60 seconds of extremely high evasion skill, allowing me to save myself in a bad situation. It has a 15 minute cool down but works great for unplanned mob adds.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

FYI, the gpotatos you purchase can be used in any of their other games as well... Flyff, Corum. Rappelz, SCO and Shot-Online. I bought $25 worth of gpotato.

Think I might have to get some cat ears.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

So no way to remap keys?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:FYI, the gpotatos you purchase can be used in any of their other games as well... Flyff, Corum. Rappelz, SCO and Shot-Online. I bought $25 worth of gpotato.

Think I might have to get some cat ears.
I picked up a Bunny Mask last night after seeing a decent deal on one in a player store. I don't really want to wear a bunny mask with the floppy ears, but it gives me some more magic and physical defence.

Do the Cat Ears give stats and do they go in the head slot which would remove a helmet?

Masteen: you can remap the keys using a G15 keyboard : )

Here's official forums if you want to try and find some info on keys:

http://rappelz-forum.gpotato.com/

Sounds liek you dont like click movement and have issues with Fkeys so you might want to try a different game!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The click movement in this game is pretty good. I don't know if it's the nice 3d marker (that makes it easier to click a long distance away accurately) or the good pathing, but it hasn't bothered me halfway thru noob isle yet. Constantly pressing the wrong key to trigger skills, that bothers me.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:The click movement in this game is pretty good. I don't know if it's the nice 3d marker (that makes it easier to click a long distance away accurately) or the good pathing, but it hasn't bothered me halfway thru noob isle yet. Constantly pressing the wrong key to trigger skills, that bothers me.

Took me awhile to get used to the F-Key setup (since I don't use the G15 anymore).

I like the pet skills being the numbers ALT+1, ALT+2 etc. I was able to target Miir a few times last night and heal with my pet.

Did you create your character on Bahamut? If so, what class? I can grab some of the rank 5 newbie equipment I saved in my warehouse and let you use for leveling up t0 20 to get to R2 and you're class. I'll keep that equipment around for anyone that wants to try the game out. It's not really that hard on newbie island and you should do all of the quest (especially the last ones that give you the stam potions, and the Chaos Necklas from the Laks Trader). Converting Laks to Force/Spell Chips are a huge help in taking down mobs faster.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I bought some gpotato via paybycash.com and it says 3-8 business days to process, but it was done in less than 2 hours.
Cool.
Do the Cat Ears give stats and do they go in the head slot which would remove a helmet?
1% Physical and Magic attack.
The description says you can equip then in the 'decoration' slot.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

Winnow wrote: Having great time with game but I, once again, failed on an Assassins Impact skill enhancement combination last night so I've lost four +1 skill cards that sell for 500-600K each and two skill cubes which run ~280K. Rappelz is just brutal when it comes to skill card enhancement. Everything poofs on a fail...and if you manage to combine two +1 skill cards to make a +2, you need to combine two +2 skill cards for a +3, and so on...so if you poof a +3 or a +4, it's going to be quite a downer for the night! I've decided to buy the skills due to this and stick to enhancing armor and weapons where if you fail, you are able to recover some of the material so it's not a total loss. In the case of Assassins's impact, each +1 = an extra minute the skill is active. Maxing Assassin's Impact at rank 5 = 7 minutes. Adding +4 of enchancements gives a full 11 minutes out of the 15 minute cool down for the skill to remain active.
Are you sure it has to be a +1 with a +1 and a +2 with a +2?
I thought I had read it was just two cards of the same type. For instance a +1 with a +2 could make a +3 and a +1 with a +3 makes a +4.
winnow wrote:Did you create your character on Bahamut? If so, what class? I can grab some of the rank 5 newbie equipment I saved in my warehouse and let you use for leveling up t0 20 to get to R2 and you're class. I'll keep that equipment around for anyone that wants to try the game out. It's not really that hard on newbie island and you should do all of the quest (especially the last ones that give you the stam potions, and the Chaos Necklas from the Laks Trader). Converting Laks to Force/Spell Chips are a huge help in taking down mobs faster.
Also make sure to do all the newbie island quests even after they tell you that you are done and can move on. If you do those final optional quests you pick up ~4 peices of your R2 gear which can save a bit of money at L20.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

Found a guide on cards and it really doesn't state if what I said or what Winnow said is the way to do cards.
-[[ Cards ]]-

A card in an item in your inventory that you can equip, and while it's equipped, it will add certain stats to the spell it's designed for.

Cards can be a very important addition. Some cards are a lot better than others; however most cards tend to add +1 to the level of the spell.

Two of the same card can be combined together using a skill cube BUT be careful, there is a fair chance of failure and if you do fail, you lose everything in the combination. See which spells you use most often, and start looking around for those cards in particular, as you level you will eventually want to get all your cards... and start trying to make some +2s. It is risky, but it's worth the payoff, it will make you stronger and that is the most important thing.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sabek wrote:Found a guide on cards and it really doesn't state if what I said or what Winnow said is the way to do cards.
I asked someone in the game and they said it had to be the same card. If I could make a +4 with two +2 cards, they wouldn't sell for 20 million like they do now.

(+1 +1 = +2) + (+1 +1 = +2) = +3

(+1 +1 = +2) + (+1 +1 = +2) = +3

+3 + 3 = +4

That's five combinations and you lose it all if you fail at any point. (well half if you're working on the second +3 card before the final combo)

That's eight cards x ~500rp = 4 million and 5 skill cubes x 280rp = 1.4 Million

So, if all went perfectly, you'd have a +4 Assassin Impact card for 5.4 Million

BUT, the success rate of combining it less than 50% and if you screw up the +3 +3 combo, you lose it all and have to recombine it all with the 50% failure rate X 5 combinations.

That's why +4 skills are expensive. I'd say 20 Million for a +4 skill card is good deal considering the failure rates and cost of the items. I've already blown 2.7 Million with nothing to show for it. I wish they'd allow for partial recovery of items as they do for weapons and armor...with those items, if you go above +4 enchanting a weapon or armor, you may break the item if the enchantment fails. If that happens the weapon is lost but you may recover a few of the enchantments.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

I want in teh Veeshan TedPotato-guild!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

I finally got around to checking this out last night... neato! i got sucked in and played till 4am. i like the JP / lak system...

I'm mangina-ing it up as Whitney on the Bahamut server.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Just send Skeeva (me) a tell in game to get added to guild. Late at night, I may not respond as I could be in "Store" mode, selling stuff and sleeping. This game it kind of like the original EQ Bazaar where you need to be logged on to sell your stuff.

Yesterday, XP'ing on Red Fairies, a Red Pixie card dropped. That's basically an insta 8-10 Million ruppees. I woke up this morning and had sold about 12 million of stuff I had that dropped while XP'ing (the Red Pixie Card being the bulk of it). So, when you see those high prices for stuff, it's not out of reach. And, those Red Fairy critters sometimes were dropping 56 Laks.

I hit 37/30 before heading to bed last night. I bought +4 assassins impact from someone and then read up on E4 that mentions the skills are being reworked and Assassins Impact is going to be a JobLevel 35 skill so I need another ~100K JP to get myself up to xx/35. Yesterday I lost track but made 60-70K jps while hyped up all day on SS (Stamina Saver).

Miir, I turned off the trees last night. : ) I think I'll leave it like that when I'm XP'ing. It's not an issues with lag but as you mentioned, you can see everything and those little Red Fairies have buddies hiding in the bushes sometimes!

I think the graphics in Rappelz are a great balance between looking good and not overwhelming the weaker computers out there. The game options allows for quite a bit of customization visually so you can cut down in CPU cycles if you need to.

Lydians are much nicer than the chickens you can afford in the beginning. Faster and smoother looking when they run.

Pic I took while exploring. The world is pretty big and I'm still exploring just one of the main areas (Deva), Nice scenery. You'd think the Red Fairies would be living around those large looking mushrooms but that's the home of the lizard people.

Asspants! This person was nice enough to show me how to get to one of the dungeons and how to LFG, etc. The helmet and cape I have are ugly as sin but they provide nice phy-mag/def so I'm going to put them on, along with my bunny mask when I head out of town. The toon in the picture above me would have been End-Game ass pants for Winnow in EQ.

The armor in Rappelz is surprisingly practical. :!:

ImageImage

This isn't your typical freebie game graphics. The hands look like hands, not hooves. Individual finger movements, etc. Very nice animations. They put some work into the details on this one.

It's a shame the Siren pets aren't good for healing or damage. They're more support buff/debuff types. I'd take some screens of male toons but they all look like females anyway!

Fun game. You can get into this one without having the big guild raid type scheduling worries. I should be able to solo on up through the 60's at least if I want. I'm already plowing down 48-53 mobs @ 35-36. (that's with max R10 gear w/enhancements though)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Whew, a weekend of EQ-Like hardcore powerleveling and I'm 40/35 (Level 40, Job level 35)

You can see at the top of the left window (for those who are playing and know what this means), the Job Points required for each level is getting pretty high. I managed to crank out 100K JP today though with the help of some Stamina Potions so it's not too bad. I didn't plan on leveling so fast but after reading up on the new skill tree structure for E4 which comes out next week, Assassin Impact is going to be a JL 35 skill so I needed to jump 10 job levels beforehand so I could take advantage of my +4 card in that skill. It's my bread and butter skill!

I had a few screencaps to choose from for our newest VV member to join the TedClub. I chose the upskirt pic!

My pet has been interesting. It's heals really do help a bunch. After upgrading my Blue Pixie's weapon to a R10 +12, I'm getting 291hp heals out of it which is like getting a freebie heal every minute or so while it has mana, that would have otherwise been down time or an expensive potion.

I'm still working on keeping "teh" DramaQueen alive. I neglected its armor so it dies as soon as the shit hits the fan as I have no time to pull off a mob. I'll be giving it some armor soon to give myself a few seconds to grab agro away from it. High maintenance! ...not really. Hard not to like the personal pocket healer.

On the subject of shit hitting the fan, I'm loving the Strider class. There's three ways to get out of trouble. Can hit Deep Evasion which makes you extremely difficult to hit for 45-60 seconds (15 minute cool down). this has no penalty for offense so you can swing away. Can hit "Bloody Blade" skill if you're getting very low on hps and it will steal 40% of the next attack swing damage and give it to you...since players hit a lot harder than mobs, it usually provides just enough hps to finish off the mob. Can hit "Head Breaker" skill which causes a mob to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off for 10-20 seconds. This one works well if you get an add during a fight. There's actually another skill called "Sleeping Dust" which puts a mob to sleep for a few seconds which would be another way to scoot out of a bad situation. All in all, the strider class is an excellent solo class with high survivability skills, except for the pet! There's one additional skill which lowers agro, but that's more useful when you are in a group with a tank and don't want to steal the agro (exact same concerns rogues had in EQ)
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

im using a ranged right now. started with a crossbow but slower bows are much better. i need to find a long bow but all i've been able to find is a light bow (hunter's bow)

its pretty easy right now. i dont have to use any potions or skills.. shit usually dies before it gets any swings in on me but i normally kill things 1-2 levels below me.

not putting too much into it anyway since i just swore myself into powerleveling a shaman for wow 5v5 *groan*.. but its definitely soaring above the rest of the trash eastern MMO's
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ranged works great up until about level 20... unless you're a ranged class, you'll get no bonuses and you'll start to miss... a lot. I used a bow on my breeder to about level 20 at which point the mobs I used to have 3/4 dead before they reached me were dodging 50-70% of the arrows I shot at them.
Breeders get a +atc +acc skill for a number of weapon types (sword, spear, mace).
I chose a 1h mace with a shield to take advantage of the passive bonuses and the shield +block buff.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

yeah i am going into a ranged class - long bow spec.. whatever that is called. Just need to find a fuckin long bow eventually
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

miir wrote:Ranged works great up until about level 20... unless you're a ranged class, you'll get no bonuses and you'll start to miss... a lot. I used a bow on my breeder to about level 20 at which point the mobs I used to have 3/4 dead before they reached me were dodging 50-70% of the arrows I shot at them.
Breeders get a +atc +acc skill for a number of weapon types (sword, spear, mace).
I chose a 1h mace with a shield to take advantage of the passive bonuses and the shield +block buff.
Also Mace is nice for the +m attk if you are a caster.
My cleric is 2h mace for soloing and has a staff for even higher +m Attk if I group etc.
+m attk directly correlates to more damage on nukes and higher heals.

Also it does help a bunch to have the bow skills as Miir mentioned. My fighter is going mainly axe combat, but I have gotten a few levels of bow skills as well. I haven't found a boss yet that I can't bow kite to death. Feels like playing an EQ druid.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Are there many monsters / encounters that require the teamwork of several different players and classes?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Are there many monsters / encounters that require the teamwork of several different players and classes?
DPs (dungeon parties.. not double penetration or donkey punch) are a big part of the game. You can solo grind/quest in outdoor areas or do a dungeon party in a group (up to 8 people).
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

cadalano wrote:yeah i am going into a ranged class - long bow spec.. whatever that is called. Just need to find a fuckin long bow eventually
Are you Asura? I'm sticking with the daggars and am going Assassin in E4, but the Shadow Hunter seems to be the more popular one right now with them getting a ranged version of Assassin Impact.

Range seems implemented well although I haven't tried it myself.
Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Are there many monsters / encounters that require the teamwork of several different players and classes?
Don't know yet as I haven't grouped but I was shown one of the dungeons and it looks like an EQ type dungeon setup with various classes needed. One thing different is the players donate force chips to the "chipper". I guess one person is assigned to activating force chips for the group...or, it might be the tank. Not sure how force chips work in groups yet. I have more Force Chips than I know what to do with so it's not one of those issues in EQ where reagents were an issue.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

no i'm the red headed peoples
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

This game is neat little diversion for when I'm not in the mood for wow or eve. I'm not super crazy about every aspect of it, but hey, it's free.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

What aspects about the game are you not exactly crazy about 'Steen? :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

I'm in as Midnyte. Pretty fun game.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I'm in as Midnyte. Pretty fun game.
Track me down and I'll add you to the club. So far, the guild is just for chatting and getting some help. There's not as much info on websites for this game as some others.

---

Here's a list of Job Points required for each Job Level:

http://rappelz.alizarinhq.com/class/jp/

It's nice to see that the second class point level requirements start out low again so, for my choice as Assassin class, it should't take too much grinding to get to JL 10 so I can continue training Assassin Impact. The required points to level after JL 10 pick up a lot faster than in the first class though.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Some of the upcoming changes in E4:

http://rappelz-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?t=343333

The list is a little outdated.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Some useful links for upcoming E4, mostly from Spartan Command:

Download E4 patch or full client early:

http://www.rappelz.spartancommand.net/i ... opic&t=472

Don't install until the the servers go down on Thursday. The patch is ~450mb and is all you need if you have up to date E3. The full E4 client is ~1.6gb.

Similar to what Kwon has been posting, but due their size and no auto shrinkage here, they work better as links.

E4 Pets Active Skill Trees:

Yeti
http://rappelz.spartancommand.net/uploa ... Skills.jpg

Blue Pixie

Orc

More found here:

http://www.rappelz.spartancommand.net/i ... forum&f=15
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

I just something interesting on spartancommand.

Evidently they are going to take away everyones first jobs and let them repick if they dont like how their class changed. i.e. a fighter that doesnt like it can become a kahuna instead.
TrinityX wrote: quick question i have a fighter char atm, will i be able to change him to a kahuna by being able to re-select my first job aswell ? or is the first job fixed Confused
All characters will be reset to the basic job so you can re-select a kahuna.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sabek wrote:I just something interesting on spartancommand.

Evidently they are going to take away everyones first jobs and let them repick if they dont like how their class changed. i.e. a fighter that doesnt like it can become a kahuna instead.
Ah interesting. I knew the second job would be reset to level 1 but didn't know we'd be set back to the stage where you pick 1st class altogether.

I'm pretty set on Strider/Assassin but it's cool that we have the option to switch. What I'm wondering is how the JP totals will play out. I know we get all of our points back, but I hope it doesn't cost more than before to level up to 35 so I can use Assassin's Impact.

People will need to be careful as they level up their character with all of their points. Someone might keep hitting the job level button and use up all their points leveling without buying any skills. hehe. I'd like to see a point chart after I see how many total JPs I'll have to work with. I'm going to move to level 35 no matter what but am hoping that leaves me with some points for skills.

Printing out the class skill charts if very helpful. I did that for Strider and Assassin yesterday so I can see exactly how the paths work before I rebuild my character.

Can find them here:

http://www.rappelz.spartancommand.net/i ... forum&f=15

I saw a job point level requirement list somewhere but need to track it down again. I think its in that same forum.

Took a screenshot of a red pixie card on the ground! Doesn't look like much but it's worth 9-10 million rupees. The title doesn't show unless you hover your mouse over it so they're easy to miss sometimes. Have 30 Million in the bank off of Pixie Cards. Hoping to maybe buy a new pet or something in E4. Wonder how much fresh Angels and Hawkmen will go for.
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Downloaded/Patched the client tonight.

Moonwynd is my character name.

See you in game!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Before E4 hits i'm wondering if anyone has advice for me... I'm a Gaia Fighter at the moment, using a longsword. The skill tree has tons of skills for other weapons, but none for longswords... what the hell? Should I switch to Axes for dual weild when I get all my JP back?....
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Moonwynd wrote:Downloaded/Patched the client tonight.

Moonwynd is my character name.

See you in game!

You downloaded the E4 client I hope! The entire game is being taken down for a day for a huge revision. All the veteran players are going to be reassigning their job points, etc.

The servers should be coming down at some point today for 24 hours.

I took advantage of everyone trying to dump their Siren pets before E4 and picked up an Evo 2 Level 42 Siren. I won't be able to level it higher for a very long time as I level up myself and you can't level pets ranked higher than yourself in E4. I'll be using it in a belt slot for the Accuracy and Dexterity boosts that level of Siren provides while still using my Blue Pixie as my main pet.

Fash: You can pretty much buy any r2 weapon with some enchancement for ~ 1 million so don't worry too much. Some skills are being combined. For example, Striders no longer have to learn swords and daggers separately. They have a combined skill to level up in both at once. I'm now familiar with your race/class so I'd hit the Rappelz forums and see what peeps have to say!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

Fash wrote:Before E4 hits i'm wondering if anyone has advice for me... I'm a Gaia Fighter at the moment, using a longsword. The skill tree has tons of skills for other weapons, but none for longswords... what the hell? Should I switch to Axes for dual weild when I get all my JP back?....
Everything I have seen about fighters in E4 says they will either axe-fighters for melee or bow fighters.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I am a strider, almost level 20. When I hit 20, should I be looking to buy a decent pet? Which kind? How much will it cost?
Last edited by Avestan on July 27, 2007, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Avestan wrote:I am almost a strider, almost level 20. When I hit 20, should I be looking to buy a decent pet? Which kind? How much will it cost?

Pets are being upgraded for Epic4.

I have one good pet and one useless "looks" pet.

My useless pet is my Evo2 Level 42 Siren. It's known that the Sirens are the weakest common creature pets in E4 so high level Sirens were selling for pretty low prices. This Siren should convert to around a level 60 pet in Epic4 with the new 1-150 level system instead of the three Evolution stages with new levels for each stage that Epic3 used.

Sirens are crowd control type pets. The can put mobs to sleep, deduce attack speed, have one or two singing DOT type damage skills, and a host of other skills that are good vs casters.

A benefit to higher level pets is that you can equip their card on your belt and receive a small boost in certain stats. For the Siren, it's Dexterity and Accuracy. Those are good stats for Striders so I'll be happy to keep the Siren card on my belt. When equipped on your belt, pets can't be summoned and don't gain exp. I don't care as I won't be level 60 for awhile so this pet won't need to be out when I'm Xping.

That's my Siren. It's Evo2 so looks like a young lady. Evo1 is a little kid which is a little disturbing, And Evo3 is a full grown woman.

ImageImageImage

The other non fighting creatures are mounts. You can rent either large Chicken looking things (which you will in the beginning because that's all that's available on newbie island and they're cheaper as well) and Lydians (I'm riding one above), which are very cool mounts. Speedy too. They are only there to provide quick transportation around town and the countryside. Mobs can kill them but they can't fight (as far as I know)

On the left above, is an Evo3 Yeti. Now they look impressive and kick some ass in melee and have high defense so can tank. You won't be owning one of them for a long long time as the new required level in E4 for Evo3 looking pets is 100. The Evo1 and Evo2 yeti's look like little snow pacman monsters...nothing like that Evo3!

ImageImageImage

Orcs are the preferred creature if you want a physical fighting pet. Red Pixies are the preferred pet for casters and ranged bow type classes as they can lob high damage fire bombs from a distance which works well for casters/ranged.

ImageImageImage

Here's the Skeleton Pet for reference:

ImageImageImage

One of the pets in highest demand is the Blue Pixie. They were already nice healers but in Epic4, they can eventually be almost as powerful a healer as clerics...that's at high level. My B.Pixie is Evo1 level 39. I bought it at level 36 and it progressed 3 levels while I've progressed from 26-41. Now that I'm a higher level than it, it's gaining experience much faster. It's a big help (when I keep ti alive!) as I can XP with even less down time while my Pixie is there to heal me.

The word is that pets will be easier to level but they still need to be either your level or less, otherwise they get very little or no XP. My B.Pixie cost me 22 Million so all of these common pets are expensive.

I showed Fash where to hunt Red Pixies. Certain mobs will drop pet cards. These cards give you the chance to tame a creature. They fail a lot and the cards themselves for common pets cost 7-10 Million...just for the chance to tame, and it could still fail. Best bet it to buy a freshly tamed pet and work it up yourself. As with characters, pets gain initial levels fast and then slow down like the rest of us. Orcs can't even be bought fresh for very cheap...I hardly even see them for sale...but you might be able to get a fresh Pixie for 12-15 Million or a Yeti, etc. Don't buy a Siren as they aren't very helpful first pets imo. Pixies (red or blue) or yeti/orcs would be good. There's also no reason to not buy a basic pet like a Pantera, Chicken or Turtle and work them up. You can buy those fards for 5K at a merchant and go tame one of them (look for a level 29 to tame, 30 max or too high)

-----

Edit: I found a nice summary of which pets will be good and bad in Epic 4:
NPC-Basics:

Pantera prices will drop like rocks. Utterly useless except for powerlevelling alts.

Poultry prices will stay about the same.

Tortus prices will double. They are essential because of their targeted pdef buff.

Common-Basics:

Skeleton prices will drop like rocks. Inferior to Poultry.

Siren prices will drop like rocks. Worst Pet for grinding. Useful for dueling non-petclass casters.

Blue Pixie prices will double, or more. Everybody and their mom will be using one, or looking for one.

Orc prices will rise. Their Patk/Pdef targeted buffs are highly desirable.

Yeti prices will drop significantly, but high level yetis (115+25 or higher) will be ridiculous (probably 100m+).

Red Pixie prices will drop like rocks.

Uncommon/Rares:

Who knows? Angel has "heals" in it's description, so see Blue Pixies and x10 when Angels get their wings... err... skills.

Hawkman sounds like Orc, but Orc is only awesome because of it's targeted buff. If Hawkman doesn't have a targeted buff, chances are it'll be "see: Skeleton".

Kentaros- It's raining men! Hallelujah! *cough* anywho... just like Hawkman, if it has a buff, it wins; if it doesn't, it fails.

Salamander- this one is almost guaranteed to suck. It reads to be a cross between Red Pixie and Skeleton. BOTH of those pets suck, so it's got an uphill battle.

Pets not yet in game:

Harpy- It's an Archer. That's all that needs to be said, and makes it the best siege pet despite the fact that it's not in game yet (it's getting put into KR next week I think?), and probably won't have skills for another 6 months.

Ent- turtle+yeti to the extreme? If so, I'd hit it. We'll see it in 2008 maybe?

Lydian- I'm torn on whether this pet is even worth spending the time making anymore. The new mount system is sex, and I wouldn't want to regress back to the Epic 3 /ride system; plus spending precious JP on a ridiculously high level pet, just so that I don't have to pay that whole 1.1k every 6 hours? I'll pass.

Cerberus- meh. I don't know what this one will be. It's pretty emo, and will likely get bogged down in suck like the Skeleton did, so I'm not sure I'll care either. =/
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I started playing this game a few days ago and am pretty impressed for a free game. I hate point and click navigation, but if that's my only really gripe at this point, that's pretty good. I'll get used to it.

I love the job points/level system. Makes it more interesting when you aren't just trying to get to the next level to get new spells/skills. It's like having mini levels in between.

Pretty much every time I start a new game I end up starting over on a new character after I get a really solid understanding of the game, so I'll probably be creating a new character soon. I need to try the whole pet thing out. I'm not really sure how that works at the moment. Anyway, I'll PM you guys when I get my main in place.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Hmm it looks like blue pixies are the way to go for leveling melee. I will have to do what I can to afford one.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

So I downloaded the patch for Epic4, but I can't seem to log in. I get the login screen, but when I click Login nothing happens, not even an error message. Is the game still down? Am I understanding it right that I still use the Epic3 launcher to launch the game?
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)