Rappelz

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Rappelz

Post by miir »

As an offshot from the free game thread.
This one seems to be one of the best free MMOs out there.

Official VV Rappelz server is: Bahamut

Winnow: Winnow, Skeeva
Sabek: Sabek, Satrulis
Miir: Miir, Camisado

Will update as others post their character names.

---

Here's a quick list of the race/class progression:

http://rappelz.mmosite.com/skills/races.shtml
Last edited by miir on July 19, 2007, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Rappelz

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Since Ge-Beta is soon over, i'll try this ;)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hmm, I seem to pick the closest thing to Shaman each game but I'm unsure about Witch Doctor. I'll have to study the skills some more. Seems like a lot of buffing!

I like the speed attack of the Dirk but don't see progression for the dagger. Fighter --> Vagrant/Hunter doesn't seem to have it.

Ah wait, Hunter has Dagger skills. If the bow is handled well in this game, I'll got for Fighter/Hunter.

These two skills look good:

Life Leech Dagger
Attack Skill : Black / dagger
Lv 1 ~ 5
Converts the damage dealt to the target to HP and recovers own HP. Dagger only.

Tornado Blade
Buff Magic : Wind / Self-help
Lv 1 ~ 5 (?)
Increases attack speed and critical rate for a period of time when using daggers.

Speedy Daggar attacks combined with best bow attacks looks good to me (on paper)
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Just grabbed the client as well.
Installing it and will check it out on Bahamut.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sabek wrote:Just grabbed the client as well.
Installing it and will check it out on Bahamut.
Just let the updater do its thing and don't close it. May take 2-6 hours depending. Close it and you restart over.

For some reason here are thousands of 1kb and even smaller byte sized files to download. They need zip that stuff up.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Comparing Rappelz to Sword of the New World : Granado Espada, 9Dragons and SilkRoad, what is the verdict?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Not as slick and polished as SoTNW but more social and group oriented.
I didn't really like 9 Dragons and I though Silk Road was utter garbage.

Just let the updater do its thing and don't close it. May take 2-6 hours depending. Close it and you restart over.

For some reason here are thousands of 1kb and even smaller byte sized files to download. They need zip that stuff up.
The patcher is buggy as hell.
If it times out, it doesn't save your progress and starts over when you re-launch it.
I just left it going overnight and it was all done in the morning.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I think I screwed myself. I took the job supporter quest. Had to kill 3 Atema thingies. Got killed and ported back to the city. I beefed up the level of my equipment and instead of running all the way back, I canceled the Job Support quest, planning on reaccepting it so it would port me to the beach...well, I can't get the quest again so I think this character is screwed because there's no way for me to get a new class.

Lame!

Edit: nm, got the quest going again. (dropping quest and re-adding it from Tristan let me get 5 more healing potions though : )
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

51% done on the patching.
Only taken ~5hrs :)
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Some Class info:
-DEVA-
Holy Warrior - TANKER
Cleric - Full Support (healing buffing etc.)
Breeder - same with cleric but on PETS

-GAIA-
Fighter - damager... more on bows
kahuna - also buffing but cn also damge (half buffer half damager)
Spell singer - same as breeder but cn also damage (Pet and half damager)

-ASURA-
Strider - more on swords... fast killers... dual wielders (cn also hold a crossbow) /
Dark Magi - magicians... dark magicians... their suits are cool though..:D
Sorcerer - also magicians but cn also lvl their pets faster... jst like the spell singer..
I think I'm going to start new character and make them Asura --> Stepper --> Strider --> Shadow Guard

That path has all the dirk/dagger special abilities and duel wielding.

Also, some notes on Newbie Island: (mostly for leveling up additional characters)
1. Use the resources of other characters
- if you have a higher level character, use his resources. remember that all characters on the same account share the warehouse. for example, use a pet as a community pet. There is nothing like using an evo 2 poultry to buzz thru trainee island monsters. use cash, use items.

2. related to above, save r1 items for later. keep them in your warehouse for future characters OR keep money aside to pay for new items.

3. once you are finish the quests at your starting point, run to the center of town and immediately buy a bow and arrows. a bow and arrows, no matter your class, is essential to easy killing without getting much damage or using potions. This is paramount to leveling quickly and getting jp/xp/gold quickly. I usually use a bow until r2. if you are going to be a xbow user, get one of those instead.

4. if you have the money, immediately upgrade your r1 bow and your armor/buy these items - upgrade to lvl 3 because that is a quest.

5. always attack with your bow from the maximum distance.

6. use chips. you can figure out the timing to instantly use a chip when the first shot from your bow hits the enemy. this saves attack time.

7. use your pet. if you do not have one, buy one. 14k for a tamed basic pet is not bad if you look at the advantage you gain from leveling a pet for levels 3-15 of your levels.

8. buy a ride. the use of an ornitho is paramount to gettign to level 15 and leaving the island within a good timeframe.

9. do ALL of the trainee island quests. this is crucial b/c the last quests give stamina boost potions

10. ask others for help if you need it. there are ways to do this. begging doesnt always work but asking nicely may help.

11. if you are in a guild get help from guildies if possible, like borrowing a pet to help get thru trainee island quicker.

12. have fun

13. do not fret over using jp on early skills. if you need them to survive that is fine. also, if you read this before epic IV, you will have your jp reset anyway so who cares.
BTW, Force Chips FTW. Always pick those when choosing quest rewards.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The sign of a good game is when it ruins your following day at work due to lack of sleep.

I'm tired and crabby this morning. Rappelz passed the test!

My second trip through Newbie Island went smoother. It turns out I missed a lot of quests the first go around. (I completely missed the whole Laks quest/necklace info the first time) I ended the night level 15 and on the mainland. I equipped my first character's level 5 dirk, used some of the armor, transfered some force chips and money over, and that was enough to cruise through the early levels quickly, but still fun.

The advice posted above for newbie island is good. Don't sell your upgraded level 1 weapons as they'll work great when you level up another character as class divergence doesn't start until later.

With quest loot, etc, I ended up with 80K rupees (money) by the time I hit the mainland which will be able to buy me some armor and a nice weapon when I hit level 20 so there doesn't seem to be any pressure to use real money to purchase game currency.

Rappelz is currently using "Epic III" and Epic IV will be released within the month with lots of game improvements. Characters in Epic III will transfer over.

My new character is a Strider from Asura named Skeeva (Bahamut server)

Overall, the game is very easy going and enjoyable. I haven't grouped with anyone yet and have my doubles about that tiny text window as stuff flies by there pretty quick. I'd like to be able to resize it or split the windows. I have no idea if anyone's tried to chat with me as the text would be long gone before I saw it most likely. Fun game though if you want an EQ-esque type game with Guild War type graphics that's a little more easy going.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I haven't grouped with anyone yet and have my doubles about that tiny text window as stuff flies by there pretty quick. I'd like to be able to resize it or split the windows.
You're stuck with a single window but it can be resized. Click the little T (i think it's a t) in the lower right corner. That should allow you to drag the window up. Mine is covering about 2/3 of my screen height. You can also filter anything and everything. I filtered out all combat spam. The floating damage text is pretty easy to follow.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

I am in with Sabek the cleric. I am Level 12 atm and still doing the newbie thing.
Sabek
Just Sabek
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Miir is level 9 so I haven't picked a class yet.
I guess maybe I could do a tank of some sort.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote: You're stuck with a single window but it can be resized. Click the little T (i think it's a t) in the lower right corner. That should allow you to drag the window up. Mine is covering about 2/3 of my screen height. You can also filter anything and everything. I filtered out all combat spam. The floating damage text is pretty easy to follow.

I need to filter out the sales channel from the ALL channel. That might do the trick. I don't mind chatting with people that are around my in the world. I've had a few drive-by buffings and was able to thank the person most of the time.

Cleric for first character is an interesting choice Sabek. How's that been going?

My short term goal is to get to Job Level 20 in the Strider class to pick up the Twin Dagger Expert skill. At some point, I'm sure grouping will become more important. Being able to port around the cities should make it easy to group up.

Sounds like we have healing (Sabek) and damage (Skeeva) so far. Be a Kahuna/Witch Doctor Miir!

jk, whatever looks good:

-DEVA-
Holy Warrior - TANKER
Cleric - Full Support (healing buffing etc.)
Breeder - same with cleric but on PETS

-GAIA-
Fighter - damager... more on bows
kahuna - also buffing but cn also damge (half buffer half damager)
Spell singer - same as breeder but cn also damage (Pet and half damager)

-ASURA-
Strider - more on swords... fast killers... dual wielders (cn also hold a crossbow) /
Dark Magi - magicians... dark magicians... their suits are cool though..:D
Sorcerer - also magicians but cn also lvl their pets faster... jst like the spell singer..
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

I've got this installed on my PC at home. I have no clue what server I started a character on. I may come poke at you guys later tonight though.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

Also made a Sorcerer and he is up to 14. Name is Satrulis.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Useful guides for classes, pets, and other stuff:

http://www.rappelzhq.com/guides

Edit:

Although this site isn't updated anymore, it's a good place to find out how many JP it costs to upgrade various things as well as pictures of what things look like equipped, creatures, creature upgrades and their skills, dungeons, etc:

http://www.morgheda.net/
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If you can't log on the normal way due to the patch server being down, go to Windows StartMenu --> Run and type:

"C:\Program Files\GALA-NET\Rappelz Epic3\SFrame.exe" /auth_ip:38.99.82.120 /locale:ASCII /country:US /guild_test.url:\"http://38.99.82.124/client/guild/login.aspx\" /web_download:\"38.99.82.124\" /guild_test_download.url:\"upload/client/guild/\" /rend

and that will get you on. don't do it all the time or you won't get patches.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

If you're not running the latest patch, you'll get punted to the Abyss.

Not sure if you guys have seen any of the auto-traps yet... if you do see one, don't attack it. It's thier clever way of dealing with bots.
The Abyss:
Rappelz sets aside an area where PCs that have failed to follow the rules will be placed. However, normal PCs can get there, usually on accident, by attacking an auto-trap. Auto-traps are used in order to stop any and everyone that are using bots instead of playing themselves. If a PC attacks an auto-trap for 5 sec. or more, a condition called wrath is placed on them at lv. 9. If a PC attacks an auto-trap for 30 sec. or more, wrath at lv 11 will be placed upon them and they will be thrown into the abyss. Wrath lowers every stat down drasticallly usually 110% less than normal. A PC can only leave the abyss by e-mailing Rappelz's customer service at rappelz@gala-net.com. A game master (gm) will then relocate you. However, it usually takes a few days before the correction can be made.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I should be playing this more around the weekend.
I got sucked back into EQ2 and have been having too much fun to play any other game.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Yeah, I didn't get sent to the Abyss last night but the direct log on is only an alternative if you really want to get on and know there's no patch (read the forums first)

I hit 20 last night and was researching what armor and weapons to get. I learned a lot reading the forums after the game went down for maintenance early in the evening.

I'm hooked on this game for now in a semi EQ-type addictive way on the leveling/skill development part. This game takes more research than most as there aren't as many sources online to find info but the Job Levels, Job Points, Experience Levels and Rupees combined with all the skill level development trees, item enhancing and creature management make for a fun time.

I can see a month or two wasted away on this game if the servers hold up, and more when the Epic IV version of the game is released.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Tried what you posted WInnow and got a "hack shield" warning.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aabidano wrote:Tried what you posted WInnow and got a "hack shield" warning.
Don't do it now, there's a patch/update to download so the game will think you're hacking it if you don't have the correct files.

I haven't tried to get on but the servers have been down since around 9pm last night so if you're trying to log on for the first time and can't, that's why.

I'll post here when they go back online.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

hmm, the cut and paste method I posted above worked for me just now...so the servers are up but not the launcher app.

Can try it again if you want. (that hackerguard message always pops up no matter how you log into the game)

nm,servers are back down for 2 hours. : )

Edit: according to some peeps on forums, you can screw your account bypassing the launcher app so I recommend not doing it. Do as I say, not as I do : ) *Dr Evil laugh*
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

according to some peeps on forums, you can screw your account bypassing the launcher app so I recommend not doing it.
See my post above.
Both your character and account are flagged for hacking/botting.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:
according to some peeps on forums, you can screw your account bypassing the launcher app so I recommend not doing it.
See my post above.
Both your character and account are flagged for hacking/botting.
Mine is fine but there is a chance you could be sent to the "Abyss" and have to email a GM to get out of the holding tank which can take several days. It has to do with patches. You can skip the patcher only if you are sure there your files are up to date so I would recommend never doing it unless you're special like me. Also, the more involved you are with the game, the less likely you'll want to spend a few days in the Rappelz stockade.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I guess get the new launcher and you can play the game:

http://rappelz.spartancommand.net/index ... ads&get=42

I grabbed it and replaced my old launcher in the main game folder and it loads up to the Start Button. I can't try entering the game from work but that should do the trick.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

got it downloaded but the registration is down or sumn ;(
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

Been playing my sorc mostly. Satrulis is up to 20.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

cadalano wrote:got it downloaded but the registration is down or sumn ;(

Try again later. The game and support website are down a lot.

I grinded out some levels but the JP point requirements for each level is getting much higher...just a few more levels till "Twin Dagger"!

Here's some screens.

Going for the ankle slash!

Claws of DOOM!

Come forth Ulatek!

Toughest challenge you'll face on newbie island is the Anatem quest to kill three of these things.

Most mobs are pretty cool looking.

About to crit this rat dude right at the base of his skull! Hope my mount doesn't give me away!

Some of the stats/skill levels I'm working on ~level 20

Fun game. Server downtime can be frustrating. The animations for the characters while fighting/casting, etc are great. There are several moves during battle to keep it interesting...love the daggar flip/spin move my character uses sometimes. Would have to figure out how to make fraps movies smaller than a GB in size to show it thought.

As a melee class, I'm happy with the skills that I have which keep it interesting. "Bloody Blade" has been a big help, giving me 40% of the damage I do to the mob back as health. It's not unbalancing as it has a 1.5 min refresh but does save on healing potions and keeps me fighting. "Deep Evasion" is a lifesaver. It has a 10 min refresh or something but when you get into big trouble, hitting deep evasion will give you an excellent chance of either finishing the mob or bolting. The mobs only chase you for a little ways and so far, I've been able to outrun them, stopping to cast my "quick pace" skill to speed up my retreat if it had faded.

i also like that there are a lot of passive skills so you don't need to click away all the time.

Can't wait to hit Job Level 20 and dumb my ugly shield for a second dirk/dagger!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's some tips if you decide to play this game:

1. Get a chaos necklace. There is a quest on newb island that rewards you with one or you can buy one for 500rp. These chaos necklaces gather the "evil energy" of fallen mobs in the form of "Laks". These Laks may be traded in for Rupees (money) or Force/Mana Chips. These chips increase your attack strength by 80-100% for 10 seconds in the lower levels (rank one and two force chips) and are a huge help in taking down mobs quickly...especially for Striders as within 10 seconds, most mobs are dead or almost dead. I use Rank 2 force chips on every mob I fight that's a higher level than myself and force 1 chips on the lower level mobs if Im questing or something. The flow of the game seems to pace at providing enough Laks to convert to force chips to be able to always use them in battle.

2. This is actually an in-game tip, but balance spending your JobPoints on skills and job levels. As a Strider, my goal was to get to job level 20 to get Twin Daggers but I still needed to get some other skills to certain levels or I wouldn't have been able to buy the Twin Dagger skill when I did hit JL 20. i picked the most crucial skills (Daggar mastery, Evasion, Active Damage Skills) and a few others and got them to high levels needed to use Twin Daggars when I reached JL 20 and then focused almost entirely on getting from Job level 10 to 20. Now that I've hit Job Level 20, the higher levels require a shitload of Job Points so I'm filling in my skills and raising them.

3. Keep your main weapon (or spells) as high as you can in Level. I initially got my level 1 dirk maxed to level 5, and then when I could buy a level II (confusing as there are two meanings for levels) dagger, raised it's level...although, at around level 20, you start being penalized for low experience level with weapons and armor so even if you raise the items levels, you don't get the full effect. (just remember that you have Normal Level of your character, and then Job Level of your character's class)

4. Don't forget to keep your Rank 1 armow and weapons in case you start another character. It will greatly increase the time it takes to get your character up to your second job level.

5. If you play a strider, it's game over once you get twin daggers as you mow through mobs. As soon as you get Job Level 20, get twin dagger and buy a second level II dagger. You will notice a big improvement. Your offhand dagger hits for half damage but it doesn't matter as you're swinging so fast you do a lot more damage than the single, plus each twin dagger level increase, boosts attack speed, accuracy and power of the attack.

6. If you like the game enough to want to play for a month or so, buy a Hidden Valley Pass.

This pass gives you the following benefits:

1. 15% off all purchasable items in the game
2. Double stamina recovery (think of it as having permanent clarity and regrowth in EQ all the time)
3. Better conversion rate for Laks --> Force Chips of Rupees
4. Mounts last 72 hours instead of 4 hours (mounts are cheap either way but this saves some hassle)
5. Free teleports between city zones

You buy something stupid called GPotato points to buy the pass. Basically it's $10.00 for 30 day pass. You can combine this with a "rest tent" to add another 40% perment recovery.

I think this is a nice way for the game developers to make money. All it really does is speed up the game and prevent downtime but if you don't wish to pay, you will have no problem advancing in the game. Your downtime is created by taking on higher level mobs than you should. You can avoid downtime pretty well even without a Pass using efficient battle tecnhiques as well as a potion ehre and there. It's your choice if you want to permanent clarity, regrowth, and a discount on items. They have to make money somehow and this is a good way to do it IMO.

The mobs are looking better today:

DIE you Screaming Lapika Junio!!1! DIE!!1

Some of the other classes look fun. I could have went the crossbow route but the daggers are fun and I like to see the damage and crit stats spamming my screen. (actually, with mana-free 10 second Boost Chips playing a big part in this game, being able to dish out mass damage in a short period of time is an advantage IMO over the bigger but slower damage)
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

registration down all weekend

ghey
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

lol, looks like Masteen's dream woman plays:

http://show.mmosite.com/picfile/2007-07 ... 5i30.shtml
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Yeah, it's a bummer the main website is down. The servers themselves were busy the last two days.

Got a new pet! (well two new pets)

The Blue Pixie really doesn't do much except fly around but it does heal once in awhile! It's a powerful pet later in the game though and is rumored to get nice healing upgrades when E4 is released soon. It's Tiny!

Lotta stuff involved with pets. Here's the skill breakdown for the water pixies: (along with the 2 levels of evolution for the pet as you advance)

http://rappelz.mmosite.com/pet/pet4.shtml

The Pantera pet is a little more useful, at least at low levels, in helping deal out some damage.

Exhausted from playing all weekend. Fun game, but much to learn with pets, skills for self and for pets, job points, enhancement stuff, chips, etc. Seems all the decent MMORPG's have quite a learning curve to get a handle on every thing that's going on. Main forums being down doesn't help!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

Got my cleric, Sabek, to 20 this morning.
He is tooling around with his Pantera. Oddly-enough I seem to be able to solo more consistently with my Cleric than my Sorcerer. My Tortus pet on the sorc just doesn't seem to be able to tank the stuff I am fighting and as such my sorc has to tank and there is a lot of downtime waiting for health.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This game is getting better and better. I was almost late for work today after playing until past 3am!

I spent the night fine tuning my pet by asking random people questions as there really is zero info for pets when it comes to what they should be equipped with to enhance performance. Just about everyone I spoke to was helpful, which is nice considering I was grabbing names randomly off the general chat group in the cities.

One thing to be aware of is that prices vary wildly for items sold by players. It takes awhile to get a handle on it. The prices seem outrageous when you start out as it takes you awhile to gather up a few thousand Rupees, but as I near level 30, I'm picking up 50,000 in rupees just off of Laks and RP drops, along with one or two item drops that sell to store or players for 5-20K. The same item could sell for 9 million or 20 million...monster variations in pricing so it pays to observe the market for awhile.

If you're impatient, you can buy pets that have already been leveled up and evolved to various stages. The rank system keeps players in check from getting too out of hand from twinking. Players level 20-50 use Rank 2 items while 50+ use Rank 3, and even higher levels use Rank 4. The level ranges are high enough where you can comfortably develop your items knowing you'll be using them a long time. When you do move up in rank, you can easily resell your equipment as everything in the game can be traded so all the in-game resources you invest in your items is not wasted.

I also got the scoop on how a few stats effect abilities and ended up maximizing the earring and rings I had to produce the most crits.

I realize this thread is as meaningless for most people as reading a WoW thread is for me, but I suppose my point is that this game has some depth and can be every bit he time sink the rest of the MMORPGS are.

Also, check your graphics settings. I noticed I didn't have some detail setings on high. The game looks even better now. (which is great for a freebie/pay if you want game)

Epic 4, is on the test servers now. It's been released on the Asian servers in Japan, Korea etc already so it should be live in the U.S soon.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

Well I now have 3 20's.

My cleric is Sabek.
My Fighter is Tetsuma. (Gaia warrior kinda like a DPS war from WoW)
My Sorc is Satrulis.

Having the most fun with my cleric, but the fighter is kinda fun to run up and just start wailing things with my 2h Axe. I critted something for ~700 earlier.

The Gaia are kinda cool. Their special clicky skill is +33% to crit for like 45secs with 10 min cooldown.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sabek wrote: The Gaia are kinda cool. Their special clicky skill is +33% to crit for like 45secs with 10 min cooldown.

My crits would be insane if I had that skill. I've upgraded my weapons and armor quite a bit. With the little blue pixie healing me for ~250hps, using force chips and quick potions, I can roll through mobs level 34-39 almost non stop at level 29, killing them in the ten seconds before the force chip buff wears off. Highest crit has been just under 1K so far but it's harder to get the super high crits as the daggers are fast but do less damage than the swords, etc. I look like the Tasmanian devil (a blur) when I attack a mob. Fun! I'm hooked on the monster damage of the Strider class but eventually I want to try out Bows or Crossbows and even a caster or breeder pet class of some sort.

I've invested a lot of time roaming forums and sites trying to finr more specific info on abilities and stats to try and maximize my effectiveness. The main source of info was the official Rappelz Message board and it's been down since I started playing.

This site has been good for looking up stats:

http://www.morgheda.net/

and this site good for skill trees (click on skill icons to expand specific skill info)

Strider example:

http://rappelz.mmosite.com/skills/strider.shtml
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Due to the server downtime last week, everyone has been given a Hidden Valley Pass for the next five days. What this does is allow you to travel to Hidden Valley for cheap prices, mounts and teleports, and doubles your regen. They also increased the Laks and Loot drops as well as Rupee (money) drops for the next five days so it's a good time to play if you have a character.

I have a Hidden Valley Pass so five days were added to it.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

My chars got 7day pass.
Sabek
Just Sabek
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

What happens if you fuck up when picking skills? Is your toon hosed, or is there a way to respec?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:What happens if you fuck up when picking skills? Is your toon hosed, or is there a way to respec?
Doesn't matter. All skills cost JP (Job Points) you can eventually buy every skill a class has (would take a lot of time), so if you 're using daggers and all the sudden decide swords are the way to go, you just need to buy up the sword skills as you get JP points killing mobs. There are many ranks to a particular skill so initially buying the skill isn't too much but raising it up the ranks by spending JP can take time. Typically each mob kill results in experience points that go toward your character's level, job points which can eight be used to raise your character's job level or used to buy a new skill or raise the level of a skill, and Rupees (money) which can be used for buying armor/weapons, potions, enhancements to armor/weapons, raise the rank of weapons/armor, etc...and also, much more rarely, loot drops of equipment, potions, scrolls, etc.

So, the main things in Rappels:

Experience points: (you just get them and can't use them for anything and you're character advances in level)

Job points: Used to raise Job Level for a class, raise a skill level, or buy a new skill if your job level is high enough and any prerequisite skill requirements are met.

Rupees: money to buy stuff from other people or stores

Also, your pets have their own skill sets and levels and get their own experience (10% of what you get) and their own job points which you can use to upgrade their skills or buy new ones.

It seems hard to get rupees or job points in the beginning but I'm getting over 5K+ job points an hour at level 30...that's using quick potions, hidden valley/tent for stamina boost, and using well upgraded equipment. If you chose not to get the Hidden Valley pass, you would just progress a little slower.

YOu may also enhance your armor, weapons and skills with skill cards that increase various stats...this is beyond the increase stats you get from raising the rank of the skill, armor, weapons, etc.

On top of all this, everything may be traded just about....so if you make a shit-ton of rupees selling your level 40 evo 2 pet, you can uber twink a new character...only restrictions are level items...so level 1-19, 20-49, 50-79 (rank 1, 2 , 3) you must use the rank you're in. While you can get to level 20 pretty quick, you're going to be 20-50 for a very long time so you can twink that to the maximus and then just sell it all and get rank3 stuff after you get to 50...you don't lose your investment...and always save your twinked level 1 weapons and armor so you can whip through the low levels in an hour or two to get to 20.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

I believe I saw a "respec potion" in the cash shop today when I was seeing what was available.

It gives back all JPs from skills, but not from Jlevels.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sabek wrote:I believe I saw a "respec potion" in the cash shop today when I was seeing what was available.

It gives back all JPs from skills, but not from Jlevels.
Think it also costs $30.00 U.S.

If you really wanted to do something like that, I'd do it after reaching a relatively high level so you get more for your money. Need to read up more on that as someone said it doesn't do exactly what you think it does.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Got my Breeder up to level 20 last night... then I ran out of Stamina :(
I've got a level 14 panther and started leveling up a turtle for when I decide to start another character. It's quite difficult to level up a pet. Some of the breeder skills make it quicker and make your pet more powerful, but low level pets really really suck.

I'm very impressed by the depth of the game.
There's so much to absorb and learn.

I haven't bothered branching out into other weapon types yet. Breeders have sword, spear and mace skills. Now sure which one I like. I'm hoping they get some sort of ranged skill later on.
I'm still using my level 5 newbie bow. Mobs are half dead before they reach me and I only have to heal myself about every 10th mob.

Gonna see if I can find some info today.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

miir wrote:Got my Breeder up to level 20 last night... then I ran out of Stamina :(
I've got a level 14 panther and started leveling up a turtle for when I decide to start another character. It's quite difficult to level up a pet. Some of the breeder skills make it quicker and make your pet more powerful, but low level pets really really suck.

I'm very impressed by the depth of the game.
There's so much to absorb and learn.

I haven't bothered branching out into other weapon types yet. Breeders have sword, spear and mace skills. Now sure which one I like. I'm hoping they get some sort of ranged skill later on.
I'm still using my level 5 newbie bow. Mobs are half dead before they reach me and I only have to heal myself about every 10th mob.

Gonna see if I can find some info today.
I have to agree on the pet class thing. It almost seems like you need to have another class level up a pet to be useful for the pet class to have it tank. My Sorc is 20 and is fighting things that are 19-26ish. There is no way my L14 Tortus can tank that stuff.
I started just nuking the crap out of stuff and then letting it hit me while the pet tanks but that is really draining on the mana.

As far as what weapon to use it really depends on what your breeder is doing. If you are nuking/healing the pet etc a mace or staff would be best for the +magic attk. If you are fighting alongside your pet go for something with some good damage.

My Fighter is going full-on axe. This is best hit damage, but less accuracy.
My Sorc has a staff for the +magic attk on the nukes.
My Cleric has a 2h mace for a balance of +phys attack and magic attack for soloing and a staff for those times I need better nukes/heals.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I have a level 41 Pantera and there's no way it could tank for me even when I was level 26-28. You can buy basic pets leveled up relatively cheap. I got the Pantera for under 2 million.

I found the most useful pet for me was the healing Blue Pixie. It reduced my downtime quite a bit healing for ~250hps which is like having an endless supply of level 2 healing potions. The Blue Pixie is a common pet (which is a poor naming choice as common pets are rare) so unless you're buying rupees on the black market, you won't be getting one of them anytime soon though.

I would love to see some stats/charts on stamina. I'm still not sure how it works.

You have the xxxx/24000 stamina stat. The higher that stat is, the more of a JP/exp bonus you get for killing mobs.

the xxxx/24000 stat maxes out at 2400/24000 as far as I can tell with the 500 Sta potions raising it to 5000/24000.

I've never used one of the expensive SS potions. It's supposed to freeze your stamina so it doesn't drop but what I can't find out is if it freezes it at whatever it is when you take the potion. That would be a waste if you took the potion after using up all of your stamina. There is nothing at all I could find about this on oddball Rappelz forums I could find and the official forums are still down.

Using a Hidden Valley Pass/Tent combo gives you 240% recovery, but that's for your Mana/Hps. Having the Tent allows your stamina to regenrate while offline as well.

I never really paid attention to the xxxx/24000 stamina stat, and only to whether I had HPs/mana to keep on plowing through mobs, but I eventually did check my exp stats and when killing a mob you get JP pts, and then another +jp pts bonus which is the stamina bonus.

I'm not sure how the xxxx/24000 stamina bonus is used up either...does it drop whenever you are in attack mode? I need stats damnit! I want some fucking detailed charts so I know how to maximize my Xp'ing. From what it looks like, when you first log on, you should go fucking nuts killing things while your stamina is high. To this effect, use the quick potions, healing potions, whatever you have to help, during the early part of the night because that's when you're getting the most Jp/Exp.

100K rupees (seriously!) to whoever finds me a detailed breakdown of how xxxx/24000 stamina works.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

I found some good forums on rappelz.spartancommand.net.

Here is what they have to say about Stamina:
Spartancommand wrote:Stamina FAQ

Welcome to the Stamina FAQ, the what's and why's and how's with "Stamina" in Rappelz. I decided to make this out of pure boredom, and even tested it out for periods of time. ._.''

What is Stamina?

*This is NOT like the Stamina in FlyFF, therefore it won't increase your Hp.*

Like said in the beginner's guide, it's your way of getting bonus experience and job experience. (This has no affect on creature experience, Lak, or quests.) There are several levels of Stamina that you can acquire over time. For now, the ranks are:

Normal Condition: 0 - 99
Good Condition: 99 - 1299 (2x Exp and JP gained for each kill)
Top Condition: 1300 - 5000 (Almost same as good, but little bit more bonus)

Thanks to Adantes for comfirming Top Conditions as the highest possible.

*Note: If you make a kill, and that kill falls below any of the "border line" numbers, such as 100, then it would act as if the amount of stamina you have left will be that buffer.

**Note: The servers now provides and shows the bonus you get for having good/top Stamina after killing a monster.

Where is the Stamina?

It's located on the upper left corner below your job experience bar, in your character window. Hovering over your experience progress bar will tell you how much you currently have out of 5000, and what condition it's in.

*Note: The color of your experience bar represents your Stamina rate: Red for normal, Orange for Good, and White for Top.

How do you regenerate Stamina?

Rengerating Stamina takes quite a bit of time. It's almost compensating and equaling out whether you should mob everything you can in a long period of time with no stamina, or wait out in town and gain stamina to receive the bonus later on. Here are the basics:

[Inside of town] Standing around or sitting. (1 per minute)
If you have a hidden village pass or a tent.
Fast: Drinking Stamina Pots (500)
Even Faster: Drinking Stamina Pots (1000)

All regeneration of Stamina are the same with all classes and races.

When does Stamina drain?

Stamina drains whenever you kill monsters. The amount of Stamina drained depends on the amount of JP gained.

Time affected on the battle between the monster and you doesn't affect the amount of Stamina drained.

It's said that pets are NOT affecting the decrease in Stamina.

If you are partied, the rule still applies to how much JP you gain.

CREDITS: Xiayohen
http://rappelz.spartancommand.net/index ... topic&t=56
Sabek
Just Sabek
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I have a level 41 Pantera and there's no way it could tank for me even when I was level 26-28.
That's because you're not a pet class.
Pet classes have skills that increase pet offense, defense and other stats.
Pets are only useful as some extra DPS and/or healing for non-pet classes.