WoW Discussion
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

WoW Exodus

Post by Winnow »

From Digg:

http://digg.com/pc_games/Why_are_people_leaving_WOW

I thought it might be interesting for WoW vets to see what people were saying specifically with regard to WoW. All MMORPGs get boring after awhile so it's not like it's a shocker.
Last edited by Winnow on June 14, 2007, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: WoW Exodus

Post by Canelek »

I left wow for well over a year and came back with the new content earlier this year--played until I got bored, and now play now and again--mainly messing around with other characters.

As far as holding interest, wow is pretty damn fun and only takes up the time you want to put into it, unless you are into raiding. I can't even fathom raiding at this point, just because I simply do not have the time for gaming anymore.
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I couldn't fathom raiding because the 5 mans were so boring. Hallways with mobs in them, big room with a boss, repeat. I know it's always been such, but the old instances just had more flavor somehow. Maybe once you see the man behind the curtain, you can't forget he's there.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

My guild is seeing a mini exodus right now. Our MT, top hunter, a resto druid, and a warrior offtank have all left the game within a week of each other. These people have been playing and in our guild since release. We're going to be in The Eye by mid July, so we're progressing at a fair rate. Our guild has never experianced turnover to any real degree. We've had the same raiding roster for almost 2 years now.

They're all simply sick of it all or want to try RL for awhile.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You can have all the content you'll ever want but it takes more than that to keep the average person playing once they realize it's the same thing over and over.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

the expansion brought in a bubble of players who came back to check it out, my guild had at least 20 people come back only to leave within 1-4 months. Its just new content but the reasons those people left are still there. Just a matter of time before they quit again

In this article, the comment is made that Illidan was already downed and how long will it be before all the content is exhausted? In actuality, most people will probably still never get that far. The realistic content limit for most people is actually much lower, and IMO that is the real problem. The skill gap after Karazhan was absolutely ludicrous before the nerfs came in (just a few weeks ago), during that period the game was just BLEEDING players because if you couldn't do Gruul then you couldn't do ANY actual raiding.. it was like that for MONTHS.. which is why blizzard made enormous nerfs to content along with greatly buffing PVE gear. Weak guilds are now able to do Karazhan, allowing it to serve as the new Zul'Gurub.. and guilds that were previously unable to do anything past Karazhan now have a lot of actually progressive content to consume.

The heroic and arena systems are also basically total failures as far as keeping the masses intrigued, but I've rambled enough
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

The last time I quit was for three basic reasons:

1) Blizzard cannot seem to handle basic billing. If they get money three times in one month, they cannot seem to fix it beyond "letting you play for the remainder of the time paid for."

2) The gold farmer spam...this is actually MUCH worse in EQ2 tells, but the emails aren't as bad.

3) Keying...holy hell. So, I have to go through this annoying ass instance 1100 times just to get to go through it again on steroids before I can go do more content? Screw that, I would rather farm 100,000 wool bandages as Horde to open more content.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

cadalano wrote:In this article, the comment is made that Illidan was already downed and how long will it be before all the content is exhausted? In actuality, most people will probably still never get that far. The realistic content limit for most people is actually much lower, and IMO that is the real problem. The skill gap after Karazhan was absolutely ludicrous before the nerfs came in (just a few weeks ago), during that period the game was just BLEEDING players because if you couldn't do Gruul then you couldn't do ANY actual raiding.. it was like that for MONTHS.. which is why blizzard made enormous nerfs to content along with greatly buffing PVE gear. Weak guilds are now able to do Karazhan, allowing it to serve as the new Zul'Gurub.. and guilds that were previously unable to do anything past Karazhan now have a lot of actually progressive content to consume.
It's like they noticed that lots of people liked ZG, but simply could not understany WHY. 20 people was only part of it. The modularity was another. It was really nice to be able to throw together whichever 20 people decide to log on Friday night and have some fun for a couple hours. If you have good balance, you could hit Mando, Jindo, and maybe the fish boss. Group comp not so hot? Do bat, spider, and snake. All without having to wade through a virtual sea of trash mobs.

The short lockout also meant that if you had a scheduled ZG sometime during the early part of the week, doing a partial on the weekend for fun didn't fuck you for the real deal Tuesday night.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Casual stuff you can do in 2-3 hours max is always the best! :)

Some peeps just have 1-2 hours so those long 6-7 hour long raids are out o the question.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Boogahz wrote:
2) The gold farmer spam...this is actually MUCH worse in EQ2 tells, but the emails aren't as bad.
I had this fixed with an addon, now it seems to have been killed in the 2.1 patch, at least I don't get any...

Keying always sucks, though I don't see that people can have enough gear if they haven't run Kara a lot before moving on /shrug
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

First of all the "myth" that getting Heroic Keys is "hard" is just that... a "myth". Its not hard to get keyed. Its just repetitive/boring.

THAT is what makes me want to scratch my eyes out. Doing the same thing over and over and over again. Sure I got an upgrade every other run, but doing that shit over and over grates on ones nerves after a while.

Yes, Im Exalted in almost all factions. I died a little inside saying that.

Getting "Keyed" for Karazhan is about as difficult as leveling. Its not. Anyone who says "Getting my Karazhan key is IMPOSSIBLE!" or "I cant get my karazhan key because of XX". These people are just stupid or play with the MMORPG Retarded. Getting a Karazhan key is a cakewalk.

Getting keyed beyond Karazhan is also not difficult either as its just linear progression. Kill XX and kill YY equals your key to ZZ.

WoW passes muster in most areas, but they fail miserably (as have ALL MMORPG's) in repetitive bullshit tasks. I look at "Factioning" as the equal of getting Alternate Advancement points in EQ1.

========

More 10 man instances please :)
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
Markulas
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Markulas »

when i played wow i never got to the obsession level i did with Eq. It's like eq was crack and wow was weed. And everyone knows weed is not a drug.

i personally would rather go back to eq and get nostalgic before i'd use the cd key i got in the mail a couple of weeks ago.
I'm going to live forever or die trying
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Some peeps just have 1-2 hours so those long 6-7 hour long raids are out o the question.
I quit once before for about a year and came back last summer, mainly because I wasn't willing to dedicate the time needed for raids, rep grinding, etc.. Right now I'm pretty well done with everything that I can realistically complete in the amount of playing time I have available.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

And that's the problem with planning a game around the hardest of the hardcore. Even if a guild knows what they're doing and has geared up, a Khazakstan clear still takes 3 hours.

I just resubbed to get my hunter some of those sweet sweet casual epics from losing in the arena with friends. 8)
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

masteen wrote:And that's the problem with planning a game around the hardest of the hardcore. Even if a guild knows what they're doing and has geared up, a Khazakstan clear still takes 3 hours.
Nice! Going to raid Uzbekistan next! 8)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

"Khazakstan "

jagshemesh?
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

masteen wrote:And that's the problem with planning a game around the hardest of the hardcore.
In the original game they seemed go have a good balance, since then they seem to be leaning away from their bread and butter customers while keeping the fanatical 1% happy. Catering to the ones who burn through content and bail doesn't seem like it makes economic sense to me.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I got my Blood Elf Pally to 70. Cancelled a few week after. I don't think I'll ever be able to do MMO raids again.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:I got my Blood Elf Pally to 70. Cancelled a few week after. I don't think I'll ever be able to do MMO raids again.
With voice communication it's SO much better. I can't believe I ever sat through 8 hour raids in EQ without actually speaking to people.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Better and worse... man, there are just some people I never wanna hear on voice again..
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Animalor wrote:I got my Blood Elf Pally to 70. Cancelled a few week after. I don't think I'll ever be able to do MMO raids again.
With voice communication it's SO much better. I can't believe I ever sat through 8 hour raids in EQ without actually speaking to people.
I'll have to agree with that. It took me a while to get used to it originally with WoW and now with the 360 however I don't think I can play a MP game without voice now. Then again, (as frequently proved in XBL public or ranked games), voice can also be a detriment as well as some people just won't shut up about meaningless shit. The people that start singing really aggravate the shit out of me too.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

One thing I like about the mic that comes with the 360 is that the switch is right by the controller so I can switch mute on and off when needed. I just wish some other people that use it would do the same. For raiding, I hated it in WoW. If you cannot control the chat channels in game, wtf do you think will be different when the same idiots are in voicechat? I actually tried to get back into using vent again in EQ2, but I have problems differentiating sounds from vent and the game. I cannot seem to focus if I turn the game sound down/off either. My "new" headset is somehow fubar'd as well...so, I just get by on what little my groups relay to me in chat :P
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Boogahz wrote:One thing I like about the mic that comes with the 360 is that the switch is right by the controller so I can switch mute on and off when needed. I just wish some other people that use it would do the same. For raiding, I hated it in WoW. If you cannot control the chat channels in game, wtf do you think will be different when the same idiots are in voicechat? I actually tried to get back into using vent again in EQ2, but I have problems differentiating sounds from vent and the game. I cannot seem to focus if I turn the game sound down/off either. My "new" headset is somehow fubar'd as well...so, I just get by on what little my groups relay to me in chat :P
It's common practice to use a press-to-talk button in vent, at least in every instance of it I've ever been involved with. I prefer in-game communication usually, unless it's with some personal friends, but a lot of the problem with vent is just finding the right group of people to have to listen to while you play, which is painfully hard.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Dregor Thule wrote:
Boogahz wrote:One thing I like about the mic that comes with the 360 is that the switch is right by the controller so I can switch mute on and off when needed. I just wish some other people that use it would do the same. For raiding, I hated it in WoW. If you cannot control the chat channels in game, wtf do you think will be different when the same idiots are in voicechat? I actually tried to get back into using vent again in EQ2, but I have problems differentiating sounds from vent and the game. I cannot seem to focus if I turn the game sound down/off either. My "new" headset is somehow fubar'd as well...so, I just get by on what little my groups relay to me in chat :P
It's common practice to use a press-to-talk button in vent, at least in every instance of it I've ever been involved with. I prefer in-game communication usually, unless it's with some personal friends, but a lot of the problem with vent is just finding the right group of people to have to listen to while you play, which is painfully hard.
I guess the part I left out was that I can also have voice only through the headset and game sounds through the speakers on the 360. Most programs I have used since that "should" do this never work for me. I think that LOTRO did once or twice.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Boogahz wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:
I guess the part I left out was that I can also have voice only through the headset and game sounds through the speakers on the 360. Most programs I have used since that "should" do this never work for me. I think that LOTRO did once or twice.
Ah, ok. Well the integrated voice chat they're working on is supposed to do the same thing, allowing you to channel the game sounds to some speakers and voice to a headset. I'm looking forward to features such as on-screen indicators of who is talking so when some guy says "need a heal!" you know who the heck he is. As long as it has all the basic functionality of vent, such as ability to control specific peoples volume, mute people, moderate chat channels, I think it'll be a welcome addition for sure.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

back on the topic of content being exhausted too quickly...

a guildmate of mine expressed the point pretty clearly to me this weekend using our guild as an example. Based on a site that determines the progress of all guilds in the game based on the equipment of it's members (to put it differently.. its a passive, involuntary guild progression ranking) my guild is in the top 1000 guilds, and if we were to kill Leotheras we would be in the top 300 (from what he told me, havent verified). The thing is... thats fuckin SSC... SSC = preschool... we are, on the grand scheme of things.. a scrub guild in PVE, even though were the top on our server. Black Temple and hyjal are VERY far away for us, if not entirely unreachable. The story is going to be the same for most of the guilds that are in the same range. The game is effectively milked of all content for most of the playerbase. Not for lack of content, but because the content is effectively unavailable to 99% of the people the play the game.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

As far as raiding, that sums it up pretty well. My guild only needs to kill Vashj, Kael and High Astromancer before we move on to BT/Hyjal, but that still seems very far away.

As for solo and 5man content, well.. other than grinding old world reps I'm pretty much done that. Have a few group quests left to do with the new factions added in last patch, but they're all exalted now. I've been levelling an alt to mine/skin for me, but other than that I'm only really playing during raid times. Fortunately I'm still enjoying that, otherwise I might have been tempted to go back to EQ2 where I know there is literally 8 bajillion quests there for me to do to feed my questing frenzy.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

They really need to add some zest to the 30-55 or so grind. I totally dig Outland content for 58-70, but the old shit is just...old shit. Hard to focus and level a character up when it is so fucking boring. Either way, I managed my way through again with a hunter this time--fucking easy as piss class to play, and good fun. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I agree on the 30-55 grind. I just deleted my gnome and rerolled Horde on the same server, I'm at level 35 and just couldn't be arsed grinding to 55-58ish. I know I'll have to eventually, but I'm maybe only making a level a day at the moment because it's just too tedious.

It'll be fine once I hit Outland, but until then it's going to be boring as hell.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

For Horde leveling, try this--it is a pretty decent guide, and definately helps with lower levels. I used it 21 or so to 55 or so on the hunter. Give it a try, it is a pretty good guide when you don't care about planning quests out yourself in the early levels.

http://www.wow-pro.com/node/755

He covers in different sections lvls 21 - 60. Although it is silly to not go to Hellfire at 58...granted, his guide predates TBC.
en kærlighed småkager
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i have a guide in the same layout if anyone wants it. It goes from 1-60 Horde and was made by the Madcow guy that won the leveling tournament.. He's gone from 1-60 in 4 days 20 hours, iirc.. but i havent been able to use it much since its solo only and I'm PLing

I'm currently powerleveling a shaman and hes 47 after 2 long weekends. I've learned a lot about how and where to powerlevel, if anyone cares!

1-20 go to your favorite zone and just grind it out with a level 70. Avoid quests that you know are a waste of time, only do the ones that will take you to good grinding spots. Bring some weightstones and a blunt weapon if possible, haste rating is ridiculous at this level

For your powerleveler.. try to get one of these:
Druid for Faerie Fire & Rejuv (from 1-20, FF is like a +30 damage enchant on your weapon at all times)
Hunter for Aspect & Tanking (distracting shot + concussive means basically nonstop fighting and the hunter tanks everything)

If youre a pure mana user, get a paladin. You can drop Seal of Wisdom on a mob and have unlimited mana on your gimp. You will need to have a non-weapon in your mainhand though because its impossible to prevent an autoattack swing from judgement w/o it. (assuming your 70 PLer is autofollowing you on a 2nd machine and being controlled via macros)

Once you hit 20, find up to 3 more low levels (friends, random people, whatever.. doesnt really matter) and bring your group, along with a level 70, to SM. Why bring more gimps? The way that group bonus XP works with this method means its directly faster to powerlevel 4 alts at once than 1 alt by himself. The levels of the other gimps is important, if you are level 20 and you bring 3 level 35's.. that will work out very well for them, but not very well for you. Try to find people as low as possible, and avoid bringing anyone thats around 5 levels ahead of you. Don't kill yourself if you can't find any more gimps to come with you, because its still great XP solo, just less great! Get used to SM, because you will be there for the next 25 levels.

Now its basically a huge grind.. and you'll never want to step foot in SM again when youre done. The best class you can do this with is a paladin because they can do absolutely colossal AE pulls.. for example, I was able to clear Cathedral in 3 pulls, in about 20 minutes. Start out doing Library, Armory, and Cathedral.. ignore graveyard. MS warrior is your next best option, followed by a rogue, and then.. whatever you can get. Remember that each instance is actually the same "instance", and resetting them resets all 3 at once. By doing all of them you should never hit your instance limit, which is part of why SM is so awesome for powerleveling. Anyway, eventually you'll start getting a lot of green mobs in Library and you'll need to kinda judge when its no longer worth it to go there. Eventually it will be better to just run Armory and Cathedral, and once you get in the 43-46 range its better to just repeat Cathedral. I just finished this grind last weekend, and doing this will give you about an average of 1 level every 50 minutes all the way from 20 to 45.

Once I hit 45, i started to check out other instances. I tried AE pulls in ZF with the paladin, but healing wards limit the size of the pulls dramatically, and hex means instant death for your gimps. I tried it with the rogue instead, and it was decent XP but still pretty slow. The main problem is that blizz gave all mobs in ZF an inflated amount of health for some reason.

I tried maraudon and it was pretty much the same thing.. theres mobs that gouge.. mobs that heal.. too many non-elites.. and too many beefy type mobs that have asstons of HP but give the same amount of XP anyway.

Then the jackpot... My friend suggested I try out BRD (min level 40) and its basically the perfect follow up to SM. Leveling is still much slower than SM (1.5-2.5 hours per level) but still insanely fast compared to any other option. The downside of BRD, aside from the remote location, is that mobs hit extremely hard and some melee with fire damage, so AEing is out of the question.. MS warrior is the best option because almost every pull is 4-5 mobs (whirlwind & sweeping strikes), but in a pinch a rogue, feral druid, or enh shaman should be fine . The group bonus thing still applies here, but you should try to bring healers if possible because your powerleveler will need to be healed often to keep the pace up. As a bonus, BRD has really hot loot!

Anyway, I'm positive that BRD will carry me all the way to 58.. but I will probably check out Dire Maul also. Once i'm clear of the pestulent hell that is 40-58... Its off to Outlands for fun times to 70 :]
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

1-70 leveling guide (i forget who's, don't have it downloaded on this pc) http://www.thatllhappen.com/level.zip
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

As Canelek said, Jame's guide is the only one I use for solo questing. For those of us without twinks or other characters available for powerleveling, that guide is the best around.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Also since James guide is geared pre-BC, you can skip some parts here and there and still have enough guide to get to 58. Also, having a guide so to speak kinda lets you know where you are and makes goalsetting pretty easy...

I like your guide a bunch too, Cad, but rarely do I group with people since most of the peeps I know are no longer playing and I have no time to raid with Ixtlan. :( If I can pop on and have some fun solo-leveling, I do just that.

I wish I had written my moves down for 58+, but I just try to grab all quests, mark the coords on the map and then find the best routes for me. Having a 2nd computer up with Alla, etc helps a bunch. Another plus to my trip around this time is it is with a hunter, and that is pretty much the funnest deal for me so far since you can take on a fuckload of mobs if you work it right.
en kærlighed småkager
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I'm working the hunter too Cane, and it's hilarious how many mobs I can take at one time. I got caught in a cave with harpies, and I suddenly found myself fighting six mobs, all two levels below me. I still managed to come out of the fight with 20% health and a limping pet. I also enjoy the battlegrounds, and if I manage to take cover and hide while my tanking friends take the hits, I end up with the highest inflicted damage any map.
The downside to playing one is that my arena skills are virtually nonexistant, so I won't be making any high level rankings anytime soon.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

finally hit 70 yesterday on my new shaman.

Total Played time from 1 to 70: 7 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes

woot!

Definitely learned a shitload about powerleveling. Could probably do it in 6 days or less :}
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Now to spend another 7 days played time wondering why you chose a shaman :P
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

I play a rogue as my main but when arena started up I decided to go balance with my druid since rogues had no clear existence in 5v5 at the time and I wanted to bring a viable class to my 5v5... which ended up being a very bad decision, although it sounded fantastic on paper.

We do pretty well w/ the Moonkin, and the problem isnt really with Moonkins in general.. but our composition is basically a 2345 setup with the druid in place of a shaman.. and thats just a hard limitation when 90% of the teams we come up against are true 2345 builds. If anything, the druid should replace the Mage/Warlock, but they'd still be inferior. basically I ponied up for the 3rd time and am now re-gearing a 3rd alt for PVP so my team can hopefully keep a comfortable position in the rankings. Shaman are absolutely overpowered right now, and hopefully will continue to be for awhile so I can justify all this work :}

Meanwhile, I'm regearing my druid towards Resto for next season, and I recently started a 4dps burn with my rogue.. so I can have fun with 2 gimp 5s teams when my main one isnt playing

the grind is not over yet, though.. i'm shooting for 250k honor this AV weekend. It'll be fun :}
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Dregor Thule wrote:Now to spend another 7 days played time wondering why you chose a shaman :P
Mine gets logged on the rare occasions we need another healer, to be effective at anything you have to specialize to an such an extent you're ineffective for anything else. I play my feral dr00d most of the time anymore.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Whats a 2345 build...?
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Warrior/Ele. Shaman/holy priest/paladin/ <mage / warlock>

fuck of the month 5v5 composition

It's a joking reference to the difficult keypresses needed to be an effective shaman in 5v5s: windfury, lust, purge, ns-em-cl. You roll your face across the keyboard and everyone dies without effort.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm a feral druid on a 2v2 with another feral. It's strange, because we are very strong against many class combos except certian ones, that just blow our faces up. Of course, these are the same combos that everyone has problems with. The arenas are infested with the exact same duos in the 2v2 bracket.

Pallie/Warlock
Resto Druid/Warlock
Pallie/MS Warrior
Resto Druid/MS Warrior

We have a decent rating against virtually any other combo that gets thrown our way. Last night we had 8 losses in a row, and every single team was one of the above combos. We never played the same team twice. Our 5 wins were vs Rogue/Hunter, Warlock/Warlock, Warlock/Mage, Priest/Warrior and Rogue/Feral. All of those are non-traditional, non cookie-cutter teams. There were fun, close, and exciting games.

If a warlock or ms warrior has a healer, it's game over for most non traditional teams. I believe PvP is quite broken when a trend like that dominates the game.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

yeah its entirely too class reliant. all of the team compositions you listed as defeating are horrible matches except for Rogue/Feral. And on the other hand, the ones you listed as defeating you are standard scrub builds (except for druid/war). Your options are basically Rogue/(resto/feral) or TankLock/Resto.. could also probably swing Warrior/Resto but it wouldnt be as good as a rogue.. or just play it smart and dont take it seriously enough to care about winning!

its the same thing in every bracket though. once you get up in the ratings you see *nothing* but the exact same core compositions over and over.. because theyre just the only option if you're serious about it. its bullcrap.

i also recently formed a 5v5 4 DPS burn team for my rogue, basically copying a proven format that Xecks (high rated rogue) came up with. My team was basically last minute "who wants to just lose 10 games for the hell of it" and we ended up doing extremely well despite having virtually no PVP gear or experience whatsoever. Its just EZ mode. Class composition is at least 50% of the game right off the bat, and once you start getting up in the ranks.. where pretty much everyone is just as skilled as you are.. its more like 90%.