How many still playing?

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

How many still playing?

Post by noel »

I really don't want this to be a thread that's perceived negatively in any way.

Please post if you're still subbed/have an ongoing sub and are still actively playing.

If anyone is highly interested in the game and considering testing it out , I'd be interested to see this number too.

I'd have done a poll, but there's too much margin for error.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I have a station pass, so I added it when it was released. I think I've got about 20 hours total played on a couple different characters. The highest one is lvl 14 i think. I haven't logged on in months. It's a cool game, and has a lot of positive elements. I'm just bored with fantasy MMO's atm, and my lack of interest in the game has nothing to do with the quality of the game.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I've been thinking about picking it up and restarting my Station Pass again as well. I just can't quite bring myself to put down the full price without seeing how much it has changed since beta.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

I just restarted my station pass and reloaded EQ2 and Vanguard and cancelled LOTRO. I have problems. My MMOADD is bad. Very, very bad.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

With the station pass, do they give you the game client for free or do you ahve to buy that seperately?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Buy it...in most cases. One of the games on my Station Pass did not require that I buy anything ;)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Animalor wrote:With the station pass, do they give you the game client for free or do you ahve to buy that seperately?
Yeah, you have to purchase the retail box or direct download.
The same with every other game on the Station Access deal (SWG, MxO, EQ, EQ2, Planetside).
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:
Animalor wrote:With the station pass, do they give you the game client for free or do you ahve to buy that seperately?
Yeah, you have to purchase the retail box or direct download.
The same with every other game on the Station Access deal (SWG, MxO, EQ, EQ2, Planetside).
I didn't have to buy two of those in order to play them ;)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Which 2?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I've been playing since beta 3. I was totally into the game. I wanted to do nothing but crafting for the most part. My tailor sits at 35 and that is as far as I plan on going right now. So many problems with the balance and the lack of direction. Being a crafter with no one playing to buy your shit really serves no purpose. I have paid for a 6 month sub so I will ride it out until then. I am pretty much heart broken on this mmo. So much potential swirling around in the water going down. We shall see though.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:Which 2?
MxO and Planetside. I think that it had something to do with my beta status in each of them being somehow flagged as an active account.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Boogahz wrote:
miir wrote:Which 2?
MxO and Planetside. I think that it had something to do with my beta status in each of them being somehow flagged as an active account.
Weird...
The only game I don't have access to is Planetside... which I never purchased but I did play beta.
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

Isn't Planetside free to a certain point? So you should be able to activate the 'free' version under the station pass account and then add it to the pass and then you have a full version.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Spankes wrote:Isn't Planetside free to a certain point? So you should be able to activate the 'free' version under the station pass account and then add it to the pass and then you have a full version.
I'm pretty sure it is now, but the last time I tried (ages ago) to log in, it wouldn't let me.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Planetside is free to a certain point/lvl, which means you cannot control one o those huge mechs but can try most of the game, like heavy weapons, Max-suits, stealth and the lighter vehicles etc.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

With my Station Pass, I have access to the full version of Planetside and the expansion. It's one of the only reasons that I have activated my Station Pass every time I want to go back and play EQ2. It's still a fun game!

back on topic though, I would actually consider checking the game out with a 10-day buddy pass if anyone has one. I think I still have some 10-day passes for LOTRO for anyone wanting to check that out as well (PM).
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Account expired May 7. Lack of raiding content and personal issues.

If Sony improves performance a bit, fleshes out raiding, merges servers, and has steady fresh content available, i'd probably resub.

By no means do I regret the time I spent from launch til now - the game was a lot of fun and is definitely on the right track, just lacked, you know, any sort of completion.
miir and I are best friends. <3
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Planetside is free for everyone but only to a certain point if you don't subscribe to it. If you have a station pass then it's free to play it in it's entirety because it's included in the all access pass.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:Planetside is free for everyone but only to a certain point if you don't subscribe to it. If you have a station pass then it's free to play it in it's entirety because it's included in the all access pass.
That's news to me. Where on their site does it say this?

Here is all I was able to find:
The subscription charges are in addition to the cost of the game software. You can purchase a PlanetSide game card from participating retail stores where games are sold. Please check your local retailer, such as Best Buy and Gamestop. You can also purchase them online from our store website.
The Station Access subscription provides the subscriber with a single account that grants access to each of the SOE published titles the player owns. Players must still purchase the software individually and/or as part of The Station Access Collection game pack (excludes Vanguard: Saga of Heroes). A Station Access subscription does not include subscription services for non-SOE published titles, such as certain versions of EverQuest, EverQuest Online Adventures or PlanetSide published by SOE partners outside of North America, or SOE's wireless or handheld games. The Station Access subscription requires a valid credit card. It cannot be used in conjunction with Global Collect payment methods or with SOE Game Card.
Nali
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Nali »

I play when I can.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

They started "planetside recruits" like over a year ago. anyone can download it and play to like BR8 and if they want to go higher or get command levels they have to sub up.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:They started "planetside recruits" like over a year ago. anyone can download it and play to like BR8 and if they want to go higher or get command levels they have to sub up.
The difference is that I was referring to the full game, including the expansion. I was not talking about Planetside: Recruits which only allows you to reach...BR5?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

wow, it is like talking to my bath tub.

it's free for anyone to download and play. if you have an all access pass then the entire game is included in the sub. I am unsure if I can put it in any simpler words than that. if it helps you understand, then interject "duh" or "hurrr" into about every 5th word.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:wow, it is like talking to my bath tub.

it's free for anyone to download and play. if you have an all access pass then the entire game is included in the sub. I am unsure if I can put it in any simpler words than that. if it helps you understand, then interject "duh" or "hurrr" into about every 5th word.
I see your reading comprehension has not improved. The Expansion is not free. I had access to the full game and the expansion. Oh, and that was without the Station Access.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I started playing 2 weeks ago.

Level 15 monk. Very fun game. I dont have tons of playtime, but when I do, I enjoy it.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Boogahz wrote: I see your reading comprehension has not improved.
It's difficult to improve upon my reading comprehension. I do feel myself getting dumber when I read these fucking forums sometimes though.
Boogahz wrote:The Expansion is not free.
Yes it is, if you have an all access pass.
Boogahz wrote:I had access to the full game and the expansion. Oh, and that was without the Station Access.
Boogahz wrote:With my Station Pass, I have access to the full version of Planetside and the expansion.
Durr hurr? What were you saying about my reading comprehension when you cannot even comprehend what your own dumb ass wrote? Are you ever going to get bored of me making you look like an idiot, "Boogahz"?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:
Boogahz wrote: I see your reading comprehension has not improved.
It's difficult to improve upon my reading comprehension. I do feel myself getting dumber when I read these fucking forums sometimes though.
Boogahz wrote:The Expansion is not free.
Yes it is, if you have an all access pass.
Boogahz wrote:I had access to the full game and the expansion. Oh, and that was without the Station Access.
Boogahz wrote:With my Station Pass, I have access to the full version of Planetside and the expansion.
Durr hurr? What were you saying about my reading comprehension when you cannot even comprehend what your own dumb ass wrote? Are you ever going to get bored of me making you look like an idiot, "Boogahz"?
Timeline time!

I got access to Planetside full version
I got Station Access
I got access to Planetside expansion
I never bought any Planetside product

You still haven't come up with anywhere that it actually shows where new Station Access members get to play the full Planetside game with their membership without buying the game itself, or did you forget that question while sucking the drool back into your mouth? I copied two specific sections from the Station Access page and the Planetside Account KB article saying otherwise. If the Station Access does indeed allow access to both the base and expansion games, why would it not actually say this anywhere? If you're thinking of the Station Access Collection, that is boxed software which is purchased separately from your actually Station Access membership. By the line of "reasoning" that you have shown in this thread, Everquest, Everquest 2, and Star Wars Galaxies should also be free with a Station Access membership!

Straight from the Station Access KB article:
Station Access™

The current subscription costs 29.99 per month and includes access to the following:

EverQuest (U.S version/SOE servers only)
EverQuest Online Adventures (US NTSC version only)
EverQuest II (U.S version/SOE servers only)
Star Wars Galaxies (U.S version/SOE servers only)
PlanetSide (U.S version/SOE servers only)

The Matrix Online (U.S version/SOE servers only)

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (U.S version/SOE servers only)

StationPassGames (Infantry, Cosmic Rift, Tanarus)

All game software is sold separately and is not included in the monthly subscription fee.
To activate a Station Access Subscription go here: http://station-access.station.sony.com/
And from the Planetside billing KB article:
PlanetSide subscription rates as of April 2, 2007:

1 month - $14.99
3 months - $41.99
6 months - $77.99
12 months - $143.99

1 month SOE Station Access - $29.99

$39.99 for The PlanetSide Pre-paid Game Card (90 Day Card).

The subscription charges are in addition to the cost of the game software. You can purchase a PlanetSide game card from participating retail stores where games are sold. Please check your local retailer, such as Best Buy and Gamestop. You can also purchase them online from our store website.

All subscription plans are recurring, meaning you will continue to be billed at the appropriate interval until you cancel your subscription. Please note that purchasers of the full game may receive 30 days of gameplay at no additional cost after supplying valid billing information for a new account (offer not valid for existing PlanetSide accounts, Station Access accounts or in connection with other promotional or trial offers of game-time). If you cancel your subscription during the 30 day period of gameplay included with your purchase of the game software, 30 days after initial activation of the account it will be closed until reactivated.

Residents in the States of Colorado, Indiana, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington will be charged sales tax. In addition to the fees described above, residents of European Union countries or territories will be charged value-added tax (VAT) equal to 17.5% of the applicable subscription fees listed above.

All subscription fees will appear on your credit card statement under the heading "SOE*PlanetSide". Station Access Plan charges will appear on your credit card statement as "SOE*Station Access".

Please note:
The subscription charges are in addition to the cost of the game software. You will need to purchase a copy of the game from a retail store or online at the Station Store. The price of the game will vary depending upon the store.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Are you trying to say that the subscription charges are in addition to the cost of the game software?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I'm not sure where you are stumbling on the fact that planetside is free to download. everyone who has an all access pass has access to the entire game. I'm going to stop trying to bore it into your skull though as I'm sure you're being purposely obtuse in order to annoy me.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:I'm not sure where you are stumbling on the fact that planetside is free to download. everyone who has an all access pass has access to the entire game. I'm going to stop trying to bore it into your skull though as I'm sure you're being purposely obtuse in order to annoy me.
There is where your comprehension skills went down the toilet then.

Miir said all of the software had to be purchased separately.

I commented on having full access to two of the games (and PS expansion) without any software purchase.

You said that anyone with Station Access could play the game in it's entirety since it is a part of the Access package -- which is normally only true if you bought the software, which I did not.

I pointed out that the software has to be purchased separately, and that I did not purchase it. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming that you are just too dense to "get it."
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:Are you trying to say that the subscription charges are in addition to the cost of the game software?
I think what I was trying to say is that the subscription charges are in addition to the cost of the game software. I could be wrong though. I could have just been saying that the game software costs were in addition to the cost of the subscription.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

So who else is playing VG these days?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Bubba Grizz wrote:So who else is playing VG these days?
I am, but not until friday.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'm not.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

I played for awhile, but I'm taking a break for LotR. If Vanguard is in better shape soon, say, in the next month, I might go back. But if not, I'm going to cancel my sub before I pay for another month.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I actually started tooling around on my Cleric (10) after reading Miir's comments about the new fixes. I like it so far. We'll see if I can maintain the interest though.
Anaeran Silvermoon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Anaeran Silvermoon »

Haven't posted here in literally years, but I'm playing VG too :P
Anaeran Swiftpaw [Ranger]
http://anaeran.blogspot.com/
Targonor Server
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Anaeran Silvermoon wrote:Haven't posted here in literally years, but I'm playing VG too :P
Who the fuck are you? :lol:
Anaeran Silvermoon
Gets Around
Gets Around

miir wrote:
Anaeran Silvermoon wrote:Haven't posted here in literally years, but I'm playing VG too :P
Who the fuck are you? :lol:
I'm your daddy, I see you every day 8)

I can't believe this site is still alive :D
Targonor Server
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

I just recently read up on the classes / playstyle of the game, and I'm interested in playing it. If there was some kind of free trial or if one of my friends had an account I'd give it a shot. I'm considering buying it, but I live in Asian timezones and I've heard you NEED to group in this game, so I may hold off until I move back to the states.

My favorite part of MMOs is playing with other people, but it's tough when you're sort of on the night shift US time.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I live in Asian timezones and I've heard you NEED to group in this game, so I may hold off until I move back to the states.
That is absolutely untrue.

Even in my high 40s, if I can't get a group or if I'm going to be going afk a lot (and not able to group), there are plenty of things I can do solo.
Anaeran Silvermoon
Gets Around
Gets Around

miir wrote:
I live in Asian timezones and I've heard you NEED to group in this game, so I may hold off until I move back to the states.
That is absolutely untrue.

Even in my high 40s, if I can't get a group or if I'm going to be going afk a lot (and not able to group), there are plenty of things I can do solo.
What he said....I haven't had a group since like level 32 and I'm closing in on 40 now solo.
Targonor Server
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Anaeran Silvermoon wrote:words...
Wie geht es Ihnen, herr Himmler. Ist alles in ordnung mit Die Endlösung der Judenfrage?
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Anaeran Silvermoon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Xatrei wrote:
Wie geht es Ihnen, herr Himmler. Ist alles in ordnung mit Die Endlösung der Judenfrage?
ok.
Targonor Server
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Xatrei wrote:
:shock:

I am guessing that's an inside/running "joke." I can't think of any other reason for it to be posted here...
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I kicked Anaeran out of our guild after he went on this odd nazi / racist rant one night. He's a swell guy.
Anaeran Silvermoon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Huh? I don't even know who you are lol

edit:

I have no idea who you're referring to or what guild you think I was involved with, but I assure you, I am not even capable of a racist/nazi rant as its not in my character to offend/discriminate against anyone (except maybe the ignorant, God i hate stupid people)

And I have never been kicked out of a guild that I belonged to.
Targonor Server
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Xatrei wrote:I kicked Anaeran out of our guild after he went on this odd nazi / racist rant one night. He's a swell guy.
I think you're confused, Xag.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

miir wrote:
Xatrei wrote:I kicked Anaeran out of our guild after he went on this odd nazi / racist rant one night. He's a swell guy.
I think you're confused, Xag.
lol, murr, you just called Xatrei "Xag".
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Anaeran Silvermoon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Here's my MMO guild history to clarify:

Crimson Knights of Veeshan -- Newb guild I made with RL friends when I started playing EQ in 1999. It had a few RL friends in it and Xypher the monk (great guy, i miss playin with him). Spectrez (probably my best EQ friend throughout the years) these guys could vouch if they're still around, but its all pretty hazy now.

Firestormm -- Moderately organized guild briefly before quitting EQ for about a month. I was a lowbie in this guild of medium level players. It was such a brief stint before I left the game I don't remember who was all in it.

DLoN -- Awesome bunch of people, mostly social guild at the time. Probably the single most helpful bunch I'd ever encountered. These guys made me want to play the game the right way...with respect and honor towards my peers. I've gone out of my way to help people in MMO's ever since playing with these folks.

Rune of War -- We had a bad rep for a long time, but when Lleinen left the game I assumed leadership and would like to think I turned things around rep wise by being more diplomatic and open to compromise. We accomplished more than I thought even possible since so many people were still bitter about the way things were handled in the past, but eventually I decided I wanted to belong to a more hardcore, high end group and moved on.

The Circle of Eternity -- My high end experience. This guild was great to me and I am eternally grateful for all that I learned in their ranks. They took me in and taught me end game. I owe them a lot, as I wouldn't be half the player I am today without having joined them. Some rl stuff ended up pulling me out of the game shortly before our first Quarm encounter, which sucks cause I was looking forward to that fight.

FFXI:

CelestialKnights 1 - I led this group and we were the top NA linkshell on Quetz server. A relationship in RL pulled me away (GFs need attention apparently) so I left FF and spent time with her.

CelestialKnights 2 - Upon breaking it off with my ex, I came back to FFXI and reformed a new CK. The old group I was leading remained the top linkshell on our server under the name Kaizen. I formed up a new group with "newer gen" players and we became probably the 3rd best NA shell on the server in our prime. I recently left FF to come play Vanguard.

Vanguard:

Pravus Dei - This is where I am now. I had many friends in PD back when I played EQ and I was super excited to find that they were playing in Vanguard. Some of the best folks around if you ask me.

--------------

Nowhere in there was I ever removed from a guild forcibly, as I've led half of the guilds I belonged to at one point or another. I'm a pretty laid back guy, though I take my MMO playing seriously and strive to be the best at what I do, I would never go on a Nazi tirade or whatever else you think I did. Its just not who I am.
Targonor Server