LotRO VoIP

For those of you with a little Tom Bombadil in you. No bursting into song, please.
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

LotRO VoIP

Post by Fenna »

I recall reading somewhere that LotRO has built-in VoIP. Some of my friends and I picked it up this weekend to give it a try, and we usually use Teamspeak. Has anyone used this "built in" VoIP system in LotR? I need to research it (just to figure out how to find and use it) and I'm also curious about how well it works.
Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kryshade »

It's amazingly simple. Basically you have to go into your sound options, make sure you enable VOIP (You'll know you, and others have it enabled when you see a small green icon over your character portrait.) After that tweak the gain and the sensitivity. You may have to actually do the mic test that's under the same screen before it will let you proceed. After that just make sure your mic is plugged in. I was up and running VOIP in about 2 minutes. (I did have to turn up the mic volume in my sound control panel, I was coming across as choppy to others before I did that.)

So in a nutshell, since I made that all complicated. Go into the options, turn on VOIP and then talk... viola!

Oops, yeah what Boog said... VOIP only works in your fellowship.
Last edited by Kryshade on April 30, 2007, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Oh, and get in a Fellowship (group) together. You will be able to see who is speaking and who has the VOIP system turned on by icons on their character portraits.
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

Wow, thanks for the information! You're right--that sounds much easier than I imagined. I haven't been in a fellowship yet, and my buddies and I are in different starting areas. But I guess as long as we're grouped (uh, fellowshipped?), we can use their VoIP.

I'm looking forward to trying it tonight!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, you can group up no matter which area you're in and use the VOIP.