delete this forum

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

William, from player run tools that monitor the number of active players level 2-50 per day, the population of Vanguard has dropped nearly 80% since launch.

According to Brad McQuaid, the game sold between 200k-250k boxes. According to the reports there aren't even 50k active CHARACTERS logging in anymore. It is assumed, on average, that one character is played per account. However, we all know there are people playing several characters. So, that is less than 50k people still playing.
On my server, I frequently do /who all for level ranges and the results are usually in the 2k range.

Chunks like Southwatch, Trengal Keep, CIS, River Valley frequently have 100+ players.
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Your numbers are full of shit. I can find zero current DDO subscription numbers. Last numbers on their charts were middle of 2006 with 90k active subscriptions. Don't blame the messenger for the shortcomings of this game......but I told you so.
I also found that figure...
I'm curious as to why you quoted 90k... the estimate at that time was 40-90k. At that time, the servers had around 800 population at primtime.
I found a more recent population scan which shwed server populations between 250-350. So even the most biased optimistic estimate would put DDO at less than 30k current subs. I believe a more accurate estimate would be around 20k.

I'd post the link to those current population scans but turbines forums are currently down.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the retard wrote:DDO has double the active subscriptions
Kilmoll the retard wrote:I can find zero current DDO subscription numbers.
So you can't find any accurate information so you make up some imaginary numbers. :lol:

Typical Kilmool tactic. :razz:
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

the numbers for 2006 are on mmogchart.com....and they show an active subscription rate of 90k. Your guestimates based off of server activity for a night are pretty much shit for that game. It is NOT a hardcore player's game. People don't log into that every night for the most part like you see in WoW or EQ. I guess one big reason is you would exhaust content....because it also was released before it should have been. And based off last known data.....DDO does have almost double the subs.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:the numbers for 2006 are on mmogchart.com....and they show an active subscription rate of 90k. Your guestimates based off of server activity for a night are pretty much shit for that game. It is NOT a hardcore player's game. People don't log into that every night for the most part like you see in WoW or EQ. I guess one big reason is you would exhaust content....because it also was released before it should have been. And based off last known data.....DDO does have almost double the subs.
That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Vanguard and DDO have roughly the same number of servers.
DDO primetime server populations are around 300.
Vanguard primetime server populations are around 2000.

These figures indicate that DDO has about 15% of the players as Vanguard.

Nice try.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Horizons has more content than VGSoH.

Delete this forum as requested PLEASE, it Serves NO purpose.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

miir wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:the numbers for 2006 are on mmogchart.com....and they show an active subscription rate of 90k. Your guestimates based off of server activity for a night are pretty much shit for that game. It is NOT a hardcore player's game. People don't log into that every night for the most part like you see in WoW or EQ. I guess one big reason is you would exhaust content....because it also was released before it should have been. And based off last known data.....DDO does have almost double the subs.
That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Vanguard and DDO have roughly the same number of servers.
DDO primetime server populations are around 300.
Vanguard primetime server populations are around 2000.

These figures indicate that DDO has about 15% of the players as Vanguard.

Nice try.
I am not debating nightly population count you dense fucking retard. SUBSCRIPTIONS . Do you understand that or do we need a fucking translator to put it into Canadiese for you?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Why are people so gay about whether a forum exists or not?

If you don't like it, don't read it. If nobody posts in it for a while, we'll lock it and archive it at the bottom.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ok, whatever you say, kilmoll.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Sylvus wrote:Why are people so gay about whether a forum exists or not?
Sylvus wrote:Okay, I told you not to edit anyone's posts. We don't need a moderator for that forum, we don't really even need that forum.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

and? How do the 2 relate?

One instance he says that people make a big stink if a forum exists or not while the other one he says he doesn't think there is a need for it. He's just stating an opinion, not going all "gay"
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Yeah, in a PM no less. That certainly detracts from people who are trying to read the posts in that forum. :roll:
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I am not debating nightly population count you dense fucking retard. SUBSCRIPTIONS . Do you understand that or do we need a fucking translator to put it into Canadiese for you?
It seems that you're the one with comprehension issues.
Subscriptions and server populations are intrinsically related.
It's not a stretch for someone to conclude that a game with average primetime server populations of 2000 has a larger subscription base than a game with average primetime server populations of 300.

If 12 month old subscription estimations and random guesstimates are all you can provide to backup your statement you can't really expect to be taken seriously.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Xanupox wrote:Delete this forum as requested PLEASE, it Serves NO purpose.
And yet you can't resist coming in here and posting..
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Me I'm just addicted to the Image

Can't leave unread threads lying around!

(I don't play Vanguard and never had the desire to do so (thanks Brad!). Most everyone seemed to think it was going to be a niche product anyway so maintaining 200k+ ACTIVE subscriptions seems on the high side to me.)
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:(I don't play Vanguard and never had the desire to do so (thanks Brad!). Most everyone seemed to think it was going to be a niche product anyway so maintaining 200k+ ACTIVE subscriptions seems on the high side to me.)
I doubt that it's close to 200k.
There's a lot of jilted Vanguard fanboys who bought it and quit in disgust that it wasn't everything they had built it up in thier minds to be.

My best guess would be around 100-120k.
Not great, but not all that bad... I guess.
If they continue to improve the game like they have been, the buzz on it should improve and it will pick up more subs.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

miir wrote:
Aslanna wrote:(I don't play Vanguard and never had the desire to do so (thanks Brad!). Most everyone seemed to think it was going to be a niche product anyway so maintaining 200k+ ACTIVE subscriptions seems on the high side to me.)
There's a lot of jilted Vanguard fanboys who bought it and quit in disgust that it wasn't everything they had built it up in thier minds to be.

If they continue to improve the game like they have been, the buzz on it should improve and it will pick up more subs.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

miir wrote:

Perhaps my wording was wrong. Maybe I should have said achieving and maintaining. I wasn't suggesting that the currently had 200k+. I was using that number based on the quote :
Further, McQuaid, specified that Vanguard needs 250K+ active subscribers to get close to breaking even. They need a lot more to turn a profit.
Guess I was 50k off anyway. I never really saw this game as growing to have huge numbers. The market is a lot different now than it was when EQ was launched.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Nali
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Nali »

I enjoy Vanguard, a lot. Why delete the forum? If you don't want to look at it... don't.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Nali wrote:I enjoy Vanguard, a lot. Why delete the forum? If you don't want to look at it... don't.
I question if you've actually read this forum. It's essentially Retards 2.0, with every valid attempt at meaningful discussion flamed by lotretards.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:Why are people so gay about whether a forum exists or not?

If you don't like it, don't read it. If nobody posts in it for a while, we'll lock it and archive it at the bottom.
Sounds fair, but for the record - Miir, midnyte, etc making posts in this and the lotr forums about how the other one is a whiney pussy shouldn't count as valid posts. Follow that and it should be locked down inside of a week.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

why would a mmorpg need a revnue stream of over 3 million dollars a month to make a profit?
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

kyoukan wrote:why would a mmorpg need a revnue stream of over 3 million dollars a month to make a profit?
Because Brad collects Ferraris like some people collect Pokemon?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Arundel Pajo
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: concreteeye

Post by Arundel Pajo »

kyoukan wrote:Tell Arundel that I love him and I always will.
<3
Hawking - 80 Necromancer, AOC Mannannan server, TELoE
Also currently enjoying Left 4 Dead on XBL. :)