Install Issue

Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Install Issue

Post by Sylvus »

So I got the digital download, keep getting an unspecified catastrophic failure when I attempt to use it. Looked through the station/sony KB, and it gave me a way to grab the patcher and download the game through that. Sucks, going to take a year to download, but whatever.

Anyone know how to specify which drive to install it to when doing a clean install through the patch? It keeps trying to force it to c: and that partition is not for vanguard. I don't see any registry keys that look relevant to edit, and if I try editing lp_vanguardenv.xml in the launchpad directory, it just patches that back to c: instead of d:. Help!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Am pretty sure you -need- to install it to C drive. That's probably why you're getting a catastrophic failure. Or maybe they are just referring to Brad Mcquaid's theory on game design.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Their fucking knowledgebase article isn't even right. I did find a way to get it from the patcher, and install to D. I think. If I have to install it to C, I'm returning this piece of shit!

I'm glad that Sony is already making me happy that I'm back with them.

Go Blue!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Mine's always been on D, and in a subfolder of my choosing on that drive as well.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

The kb article suggested downloading the station LaunchPad.exe and running it with some switches to have it pull the vanguard patcher and install from there. That method appears entirely locked to the c: drive, no matter what I did to try and change it.

I ended up finding another link which worked for getting the patcher which allows you to choose which drive to install to. That link can be found at http://vanguard.station.sony.com/install/.

Go Blue!