XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Crazy, one hit and that guy died.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

That's nothing. I can even tank in cat form now.

http://www.wtfhost.com/files/308/cat_tank.jpg
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Wtf is that shit? So overpowered.
That was a lvl 5 naked noob!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Warriors are just pissed because their gear hasn't caught up to druids natural abilities yet. Once warriors start getting full 70 blues and purples, I'm sure they'll back to being fucking cuisinarts in PvP while still tanking Kael with only sunder and shield spam.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

masteen wrote:Warriors are just pissed because their gear hasn't caught up to druids natural abilities yet. Once warriors start getting full 70 blues and purples, I'm sure they'll back to being fucking cuisinarts in PvP while still tanking Kael with only sunder and shield spam.
Did you watch the video? :)
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

youtube is blocked from work. But warriors have been bitching about this almost since the expansion went live. The same goddamn complaints we were hearing a month after original release.

It's like deja vu all over again.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

masteen wrote:youtube is blocked from work. But warriors have been bitching about this almost since the expansion went live. The same goddamn complaints we were hearing a month after original release.

The video is a funny joke :D
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

masteen wrote:youtube is blocked from work. But warriors have been bitching about this almost since the expansion went live. The same goddamn complaints we were hearing a month after original release.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

There was a guy on the thread I saw this posted who made the same comments without watching the video. Everybody lauuuughed and lauuuuuuuughed at him. Good times.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

So it really is deja vu.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

masteen wrote:So it really is deja vu.
So it really is deja vu.
So it really is deja vu.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

haven't I read this thread before?
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

masteen wrote:Warriors are just pissed because their gear hasn't caught up to druids natural abilities yet. Once warriors start getting full 70 blues and purples, I'm sure they'll back to being fucking cuisinarts in PvP while still tanking Kael with only sunder and shield spam.
lol
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

I've been playing non-stop with a druid tank. Anyone who claims they're balanced is a fucking liar :) Not that I'm complaing - it makes my life as a healer easier. I healed a PUG against some 72 elite or other in Shadowmoon over the weekend and they had a Warrior tank. Dear God - GHeal heals like 40% of their HP!

We screwed up on Kalithresh in Steam Vault last night and let him get his 75% damage buff. We still won due to bear tanking. I doubt I could have kept a warrior up.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Tanc

How can a Druid tank so much better than a Warrior?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

He's got 15k HP and something around there in AC. This is with no raid gear or anything, just instance and quest loot from TBC and some tradeskill stuff. He has about 1300AP in tanking gear.

I dunno how Warriors are stacking up against this in similar gear. Not good from the PUG I looked at?

He's also consistently #2 on the damage chart - ahead of the Warlock and Mage but behind the Hunter. To be fair the Mage has a lot of CC duties so that crimps her DPS unless we're AOEing.

Our group is Druid, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Priest. I'm a Dwarf so Fear Ward covers the druids lack of fear-immunity abilities. We have Prayer of Mending and Misdirection so aggro is rarely a problem.

If I'm wrong and warriors are super-duper better than this feel free to educate me :)
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It's good being a druid right now. Blizzard has also stated druids are working as intended. Expect a buff to warriors at some point, but I feel we're be avoiding the nerf stick for the time being.

With group buffs, I'm usually at 18k HPs and around 18k AC. Dodge is around 25%, with a 26% crit. I have a HP gear set that puts me around 17.5k self buffed only, but I lose AC, Dodge, and crit. It gets great heals from LotP though, which is a sidegrade to pure mitigation. That skill really makes you look at gear differently.

Btw, I only top the meters when we have lots of multi pulls. Swipe is where we get our great DPS from in bear form. When it's single target, we don't get nearly the same numbers. My cat on the other hand, is out DPSing top geared rogues in 5 mans with ease. However, when looking at the rogue boards, none of them are complianing like the warriors are, so it's a non issue.

Yes, druids are better tanks than warriors for 5 mans. However, this has been true since 1.8, for all the same reasons we're better now. I would still perfer a Prot warrior for raid bosses though. I would give Prot warriors better threat, some sort of insta pull, and more group utility. However, I perfer the druid model of DMG = Threat than the warrior method of tanking.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

feral druids are great tanks now but they do have drawbacks. theyre not as good with keeping multiple mobs under control.. no sunder.. no 30 minutes.. generally less HP than a warrior... less dodge, parry, and crit resistance. despite the higher armor they cant take as large of a damage spike as warriors. As youre admiring that 15-18k armor you gotta keep in mind that warriors get 10% damage reduction from defensive stance. For the most part though these differences are minor and I'd consider either of them to be just fine for a 5-man non heroic.. it depends more on who is behind the wheel.

ferals are also respectable DPS now.. falling in somewhere inbetween Enhancement shamans and mages/warlocks from what I've seen. Mangle also allows rogues to Rupture for about 2.5-3k which is no joke.

Its a good thing. With reduced manpower you really need the flexibility of someone who can truly fill multiple roles instead of just being the butt of every joke when not specced resto. When we did karazhan this week, we brought 2 feral druids.. one of them acted as an offtank (only 1 warrior) and the other one DPS'd until we needed him to heal.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Fairweather Pure wrote: Btw, I only top the meters when we have lots of multi pulls. Swipe is where we get our great DPS from in bear form. When it's single target, we don't get nearly the same numbers. My cat on the other hand, is out DPSing top geared rogues in 5 mans with ease. However, when looking at the rogue boards, none of them are complianing like the warriors are, so it's a non issue.
Those rogues probably just suck then, or are specced for solo grinding.. rogues arent complaining because we're still untouchable on DPS if we're specced properly
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

cadalano wrote:feral druids are great tanks now but they do have drawbacks. theyre not as good with keeping multiple mobs under control.. no sunder.. no 30 minutes.. generally less HP than a warrior... less dodge, parry, and crit resistance. despite the higher armor they cant take as large of a damage spike as warriors. As youre admiring that 15-18k armor you gotta keep in mind that warriors get 10% damage reduction from defensive stance. For the most part though these differences are minor and I'd consider either of them to be just fine for a 5-man non heroic.. it depends more on who is behind the wheel.
All this is just....false. You don't know very much about druids, or tanking in general, do you?

Show me a feral druid with less HPs than a warrior and I'll show you a feral druid that dosen't have a clue how to gear themselves. That has always been true since 1.8. Wehave mre AC and HPs than warriors. Our crit resist can actually be better than a warrior's if we choose to focus on that stat. Our dodge % is so high, we more than make up for parry and blocks. Druids have higher mitigation, that is a fact. Now add in self heals that proc in the area of 5-600 every 10ish seconds, and maybe you'll start to understand why we're better. Furthermore, tanking multiple mobs is where we excel over a warrior, we're anything but inferior. Pallies are even better than druids for multiple mobs if you want to get technical.

Don't believe me? Go read the warrior boards. They're finally starting to realize, after well over a year, that druids have more than enough to equel, and even exceed what a Prot warrior can do. All the while, doing about 5x more dps.

And the "those rogues just suck then" is such a dumb generalization. I know who I play with and what they can do, not you. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

PS. Lacerate is our Sunder. Exact same threat. Stacks 5 times. It's a DoT though, not a debuff.

I don't mind it when people are a bit ignorant of druids, but when they pass off thier opinions and mis-information as fact, it does get under my skin a little bit :P
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

easy, sparky. you're getting very upset here and people are starting to stare.

Just gonna clarify one thing that I worded poorly- I know that Lacerate is sunder as far as aggro goes. I said it right after the multiple mob comment, but I didnt mean it in relation to aggro. sunder does a lot more than Lacerate for DPS.

I'm not really interested in convincing you of anything. In fact if I'd seen your post as I was writing mine I probably would have been contented to roll my eyes and get back to work. I'd sooner get political with a bag of flour than attempt to prove that 2+2=4 to a feral druid thats high on his own product.. been down that road enough.

But, to anyone else who's interested in hearing about feral druids from someone who isnt a member and president of the Die-Hard Feral Druid Fanboyclub Society... warriors are far from inferior and rogues still pwn cats.. and everything else.. in DPS. Nubs and offspecs aside.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Lacerate is also seriously hobbled by what it can and can't work on :(
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

cadalano wrote:easy, sparky. you're getting very upset here and people are starting to stare.

Just gonna clarify one thing that I worded poorly- I know that Lacerate is sunder as far as aggro goes. I said it right after the multiple mob comment, but I didnt mean it in relation to aggro. sunder does a lot more than Lacerate for DPS.

I'm not really interested in convincing you of anything. In fact if I'd seen your post as I was writing mine I probably would have been contented to roll my eyes and get back to work. I'd sooner get political with a bag of flour than attempt to prove that 2+2=4 to a feral druid thats high on his own product.. been down that road enough.

But, to anyone else who's interested in hearing about feral druids from someone who isnt a member and president of the Die-Hard Feral Druid Fanboyclub Society... warriors are far from inferior and rogues still pwn cats.. and everything else.. in DPS. Nubs and offspecs aside.
Yeah, it's best to shut your mouth when you have no idea what you're talking about.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Of course. I'm sorry for interrupting your masturbation. Please continue. I believe the subject you left off with was "FEARAL DRUIDS IS THE MOST AWESOME AND DONT YOU FORGET TI"
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I re-enabled and bought TBC this weekend. Keep in mind that I had not played since about 1-2 weeks into 1.8 and had never specced into Feral before.

Looking at re-assigning all my talent points, and the road to 70, I figured I would go heavy into Feral up until Predatory Instincts and dip into Regeneration up until Omen of Clarity(Personal favorite of mine) and I'm amazed how well we do. In my shitty, half-assed feral suit(str boosting set as opposed to raw AC) I was able to down shit at astounding speeds with cat form and in Dire Bear form, I took on at one point 4 adds consecutively without breaking a sweat.

Sure I took a bit of a hit in healing department but so what, I'm having fun with my druid and I can say that I hadn't had that in the time I was raiding MC/BWL when I played as a resto spec.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

cadalano wrote:Of course. I'm sorry for interrupting your masturbation. Please continue. I believe the subject you left off with was "FEARAL DRUIDS IS THE MOST AWESOME AND DONT YOU FORGET TI"
Hey, don't be too angry that I called you out when you spoke out of your ass. Because, you know, that's exactely what you were doing. You even fucked up the absolute basics.

Please feel free to throw some facts out there to back up your ass talkage. I would love to hear you justify how any of your comments above are correct and mine are not.

Put up or shut up.
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on February 13, 2007, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:I re-enabled and bought TBC this weekend. Keep in mind that I had not played since about 1-2 weeks into 1.8 and had never specced into Feral before.

Looking at re-assigning all my talent points, and the road to 70, I figured I would go heavy into Feral up until Predatory Instincts and dip into Regeneration up until Omen of Clarity(Personal favorite of mine) and I'm amazed how well we do. In my shitty, half-assed feral suit(str boosting set as opposed to raw AC) I was able to down shit at astounding speeds with cat form and in Dire Bear form, I took on at one point 4 adds consecutively without breaking a sweat.

Sure I took a bit of a hit in healing department but so what, I'm having fun with my druid and I can say that I hadn't had that in the time I was raiding MC/BWL when I played as a resto spec.
Well, there's rumor that other classes will definately catch up once they are itemized better. Out of the gate, Ferals got some sick upgrades for doing very little. I notice in the 70 Instances, feral loot drops off a lot, while other classes get their due in terms of loot.

Still, my perferred group will always be Druid (feral), Warrior, Mage, Pallie, Priest. That gives you 2 Tanks, 2 (or 3) healers, CC, and plenty of DPS. You have 2 rezzers, a battle rez, plenty of decursing, the best buffs in the game, and Innervate. The mage can be swapped out for a rogue/warlock/hunter. As was mentioned, versatility is king in Heroic Instances. On bosses, the warrior tanks while I cat dps. I can pop up and innervate at will, or thorw on Tranquility (once our worst spell, now arguably our best).
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Animalor wrote:I re-enabled and bought TBC this weekend. Keep in mind that I had not played since about 1-2 weeks into 1.8 and had never specced into Feral before.

I knew you'd be back! =P
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Skogen wrote:

I knew you'd be back! =P
I'm weak. What can I say. =)
Breagen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Breagen »

As a prot specced warrior I have to say I agree with Fairweather for the most part. The amount of upgrades for feral druids in BC is really amazing and any smart druid can gear up to a very high level just in quest greens and instance blues.

As prot spec with about the best gear I can get pre Karazhan I'm sitting at 12k hitpoints and 12k armor unbuffed. Druids in similar gear should be sitting around 15k hp and 20k armor if not more. One of the main areas that warriors used to have the advantage was in +def itemization that allowed them to tank boss mobs while avoiding being crit, in BC with the -3% crit talent as well as lots of +def leather itemization this is no longer the case. Furthermore crushing blows were another area warriors excelled with blocking that nullified the chance to be hit with a crushing blow. Although this is still the case it has been shown that the rediculous armor values druids can reach means that they effectively mitigate crushing blows to a level not much more significant than a regular attack.

Aggro wise warriors do still have a bit of an advantage for main bosses while druids and paladins are far better at holding multi-target aggro. The idea that druids can't MT is really outdated as most high end guilds have shown that druids can effectively tank through Karazhan and some have even used druid tanks in Gruul's Lair successfully.

Personally as a warrior my only real gripe is ironically the same that many had against warriors some months ago. Druids specced feral have the ability to switch from a very effective five, ten and even twenty-five man tank to a very effective dps class simply by swapping their gear. While this used to be the case with fury warriors it is truthfully no longer effective especially compared to druids. Not only were fury warriors nerfed in prior patches but you have to be specced at lest to defiance in the protection tree to be an effective tank, and realistically to shield slam or higher for a ten or twenty-five man raid tank. This of course means that a prot specced warrior is practically useless unless tanking as their ability to dps even with a gear swap is pathetic.

Note: I have nothing against druids and love playing with them. I don't think druids need a nerf but rather the role of protection specced warriors needs to be re-evaulated to either give them greater utility or a larger emphasis as the first choice for a maintank.
Forest Stalker - EQ Retired
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Breagen wrote:As a prot specced warrior I have to say I agree with Fairweather for the most part. The amount of upgrades for feral druids in BC is really amazing and any smart druid can gear up to a very high level just in quest greens and instance blues.

As prot spec with about the best gear I can get pre Karazhan I'm sitting at 12k hitpoints and 12k armor unbuffed. Druids in similar gear should be sitting around 15k hp and 20k armor if not more. One of the main areas that warriors used to have the advantage was in +def itemization that allowed them to tank boss mobs while avoiding being crit, in BC with the -3% crit talent as well as lots of +def leather itemization this is no longer the case. Furthermore crushing blows were another area warriors excelled with blocking that nullified the chance to be hit with a crushing blow. Although this is still the case it has been shown that the rediculous armor values druids can reach means that they effectively mitigate crushing blows to a level not much more significant than a regular attack.

Aggro wise warriors do still have a bit of an advantage for main bosses while druids and paladins are far better at holding multi-target aggro. The idea that druids can't MT is really outdated as most high end guilds have shown that druids can effectively tank through Karazhan and some have even used druid tanks in Gruul's Lair successfully.

Personally as a warrior my only real gripe is ironically the same that many had against warriors some months ago. Druids specced feral have the ability to switch from a very effective five, ten and even twenty-five man tank to a very effective dps class simply by swapping their gear. While this used to be the case with fury warriors it is truthfully no longer effective especially compared to druids. Not only were fury warriors nerfed in prior patches but you have to be specced at lest to defiance in the protection tree to be an effective tank, and realistically to shield slam or higher for a ten or twenty-five man raid tank. This of course means that a prot specced warrior is practically useless unless tanking as their ability to dps even with a gear swap is pathetic.

Note: I have nothing against druids and love playing with them. I don't think druids need a nerf but rather the role of protection specced warriors needs to be re-evaulated to either give them greater utility or a larger emphasis as the first choice for a maintank.
All of those things point out what is right about druids and what is wrong with warriors atm. I do think warriors will get a buff, I just don't know in what area or when it will come. I see so many unhappy warriors, and I really wish Blizzard would make it a prioriety.

On the flip side, I've gotten a great deal of greatful warriors that are happy to just dps. It happens a lot, so I'm not sure if a DPS warrior not being the best tank is unintentinal on Blizzard's part. Hard to say.

In your experiance, is tanking in 5 mans really that difficult? One of our old raid tanks complains non-stop about it, but all the others are pretty silent on the topic. When I group with a Prot warrior, they seem to do just fine (except when I am healing, but druid healing aggro is a bitch anyway, so no fault to the warrior!). It's hard to tell what is the truth and what is just whining.

I'm curious of your experiance and what you would suggest to fix the current state of the warrior. Personally, I think they should mimic the current druid model of dmg = aggro and give warriors more dps. Maybe throw a better threat modifer on certian attacks? I'm not a warrior, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt.
Breagen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Breagen »

Personally I haven't had much trouble doing five mans. I also was a fury warrior for the past year than specced prot at 70 so it's somewhat new for me. I refuse to pug which I am sure gives me a certain level of bias because the average pug doesn't understand the concept that tanks have to actually build aggro before they can pop AR/pyroblast/whatever. The only time I'd say I've had any trouble is in Shadow Lab and Shattered Halls purely due to the large 5-6 elite mob pulls and my groups general lack of CC, usually only a sap and a lock with succubus.

I think at this point the main things I would like to see for warriors is an improved ae threat ability, something along the lines of an improved cleave that lets it hit 3 targets and gives at lest a moderate level of threat. Also they really need to start putting hit rating on tank gear, there is nothing more frustrating than attacking a boss and having your shield slam, revenge and two sunders all dodged/blocked/parried/etc so it runs off and eats your healers.

Too a lesser extent I think it would be nice if they found a way to let prot specced warriors actually solo effectively for quests etc. While I can solo stuff easily and don't take much damage it is far far easier to just log on my friends lock or rogue and farm with them.

Honestly I think it would be nice if they just removed the cost of talent respecs or at lest dropped them to a fairly low set cost. It's ridiculous that it penalizes raid specced players and certain classes far more than others. If warriors could spec prot for raids and than fury or arms outside raids that would certainly be a nice step.
Forest Stalker - EQ Retired
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Fairweather Pure wrote:In your experiance, is tanking in 5 mans really that difficult? One of our old raid tanks complains non-stop about it, but all the others are pretty silent on the topic. When I group with a Prot warrior, they seem to do just fine (except when I am healing, but druid healing aggro is a bitch anyway, so no fault to the warrior!). It's hard to tell what is the truth and what is just whining.
I am resto spec'd on my Druid, and I accumulated enough Feral gear along the way to effectively tank many instances. My healing agro is almost nil when done right. There are almost no Prot spec'd warriors for a couple reasons that I have seen. Most spec'd out of Prot to level up to 70, and the others are waiting on gear to allow them to effectively go back to Prot and be of some use.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Boogahz wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:In your experiance, is tanking in 5 mans really that difficult? One of our old raid tanks complains non-stop about it, but all the others are pretty silent on the topic. When I group with a Prot warrior, they seem to do just fine (except when I am healing, but druid healing aggro is a bitch anyway, so no fault to the warrior!). It's hard to tell what is the truth and what is just whining.
I am resto spec'd on my Druid, and I accumulated enough Feral gear along the way to effectively tank many instances. My healing agro is almost nil when done right. There are almost no Prot spec'd warriors for a couple reasons that I have seen. Most spec'd out of Prot to level up to 70, and the others are waiting on gear to allow them to effectively go back to Prot and be of some use.
When I heal as feral, I do not have any points in subtely. That, and not having any sort of de-aggro makes things pretty rough for a feral healer in a 5 man. My healing gear is pretty nice, but when the tank is getting beat on by 5 mobs, you have to chain cast high ranking HTs over and over to keep him standing, and the mobs will eventually come sprinting my way.

I've finally started to replace my healing gear as well, but it's easily my least upgraded set. Mana per 5 on gear is going through the roof it seems. My moonkin set is looking pretty sharp right now too!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Druids just got anally violated on test server I'm told. confirm/deny?
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Confirm!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- World of Warcraft PTR Patch 2.0.10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The latest patch notes can always be found at
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnot ... notes.html

General
- Some logic was fixed in the "Natural Remedies" quest so that
Pathaleon the Calculator's Image will always spawn during the ritual.
- Goliathon and his shardlings can no longer be pulled to nearby areas
that have guards.
- More fixes implemented in the "It's a Fel Reaver, But With Heart"
quest to keep the Scrapped Fel Reaver from breaking.
- The Orb of the Blackwhelp and Hallowed Wands can no longer be used
in combat, and the transformation will be canceled if the player
receives damage.
- The Scrap Reaver in Netherstorm repairs reduced from 10,000 health
to 8,500 health over 10 seconds.
- Battle of the Crimson Watch
Illidari Mind Breaker has been weakened.
Illidari Highlords can now be CC'ed but not Charmed.

PvP
- Arenas
The cost of the "Gladiator's Slicer" has been increased to 2625 arena
points.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Quickblade" has been decreased to 1125
arena points and changed to offhand only.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Cleaver" has been increased to 2625
arena points.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Hacker" has been decreased to 1125 arena
points and changed to offhand only.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Pummeler" has been increased to 2625
arena points.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Bonecracker" has been decreased to 1125
arena points and changed to offhand only.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Right Ripper" has been increased to 2625
arena points.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Left Ripper" has been decreased to 1125
arena points.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Shanker" has been increased to 2625
arena points.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Shiv" has been decreased to 1125 arena
points and changed to offhand only.
The cost of the "Gladiator's War Edge" has been decreased to 1000
arena points and the speed changed to 1.9.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Spellblade" has been increased to 3150
arena points.
The cost of the "Touch of Defeat" has been decreased to 1000 arena
points.
The cost of the "Gladiator's Endgame" has been decreased to 1125
arena points.
The cost of the "Idol of Tenacity" has been decreased to 1000 arena
points.
The cost of the "Libram of Justice" has been decreased to 1000 arena
points.
The cost of the "totem of the Third Wind" has been decreased to 1000
arena points.

Druids
- The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage.
The typical player should see an increase of 15% to 20% in their
rage generation.
- When the duration of "Cyclone" ends, area buffs such as "Leader of
the Pack", "Tree of Life", and "Moonkin" will now be correctly
resumed.
- "Feral Charge" now removes all snaring effects.
- "Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25% increased
health.
- "Dire Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25%
increased health. In addition, the armor bonus has been reduced from
450% to 400%.
- The multiplier on base weapon damage for "Mangle (Bear)" ability has
been changed from 130% to 100%. In addition, the bonus damage has
been reduced by the same ratio.
- "Savage Fury" no longer affects "Mangle (Bear)".
- "Savage Fury" no longer applies to "Maul" or "Swipe".
- The critical damage bonus on "Predatory Instincts" reduced from
3/6/9/12/15% to 2/4/6/8/10%.
- "Improved Leader of the Pack" can no longer get critical heals.
- The armor bonus from "Moonkin Form" has been increased from 360% to
400% (to match Dire Bear Form).

Paladins
- The slowing affect from "Avenger's Shield" is now considered a snare,
so snare removal and immunity affects will now work on it.

Priests
- The base healing percent from "Vampiric Embrace" has been reduced
to 15% from 20%. In addition, this ability can no longer get critical
heals.
- "Silent Resolve" no longer reduces threat generated by Shadow spells.

Shaman
- The clearcasting effect from "Elemental Focus" now triggers on all
spell critical strikes, rather than a chance on any spell hit.
- The shaman will no longer generate additional threat when "Unleashed
Rage" triggers.
- The free Lightning spell cast from "Lightning Overload" will now
cause reduced threat.
- "Stoneclaw Totem" now has a 50% chance to stun attackers for 3 sec.
when struck.

Warlock
- "Demonic Tactics" now grants increased critical strike chance to you
and your demon pet, instead of increased damage.
- Fixed a bug where the stealthy bonus was not getting applied to the
"Eye of Kilrogg."

Warriors
- The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage.
The typical player should see an increase of 15% to 20% in their
rage generation.
- All warriors had their critical strike chance adjusted upward
slightly (about 1%).
- "Thunder Clap" is now useable in Defensive Stance. In addition, the
tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it causes additional threat.
- The cooldown on "Victory Rush" has been removed, and it can now be
used up to 20 seconds after killing an enemy.
- "Charge", "Intercept", and "Intervene" now remove all snaring
effects.
- "Unbridled Wrath" has been modified so that rather than a fixed
chance to grant rage, it has an increased chance when using slower
weapons.

Items
- The threat generated from the spell effect on "Thunderfury" has been
substantially reduced.
- The bonus to "Swipe" from the "Idol of Brutality" has been reduced
from 50 to 10.
- "Alchemist's Stone" will no longer increase healing and mana gained
from items which are not potions.
- The cost of sockets in high end items has been adjusted slightly,
the result is that most high end epic items should see an increase
in stats.
- Corrected many items that had incorrect stat values assigned to them.
- The rewards from the "Fel Embers" quest are now superior items as
intended.
- Reduced the damage dealt by "The Lightning Capacitor".
- Corrected the level requirement of the "Fist of Reckoning".
- "Necklace of Trophies" has been corrected to increase Hit Rating
instead of Hit Avoidance.
- "Burnoose of Shifting Ages" can now be disenchanted.
- "Nethershrike" now has the proper sell value and can be disenchanted.
- Corrected the level of "Marksman's Bow" to be in line with other
epic reputation rewards.
- The "Marksman's Bow" now has the proper damage range.
- "Hourglass of the Unraveller" will now properly increase ranged
attack power.
- Corrected the socket bonus for "Soul-Collar of the Incarnate".
- Corrected a typo in the set bonus of "Warbringer Armor".
- "Ruby Slippers" now properly have a cast time.
- Corrected the min use level of "Terokk's Shadowstaff".
- "Warpscale Leggings" have had their Crit Rating updated to the
intended Dodge Rating.
- "Warmaul Slayer's Band" no longer has critical strike rating.
However, its agility and attack power have been increased.
- "Ancient Draenei War Talisman" now shares a cooldown with all
trinkets that temporarily increase damage done.
- "Ancient Draenei Arcane Relic" shares a cooldown with all trinkets
that temporarily increase damage done.
- "Aldor Guardian Rifle" now has a range correctly set on it.
- The effect on "Void Star Talisman" was incorrectly set to On Use.
It is now set to On Equip.
- The critical strike rating on "Cilice of Suffering" has been changed
to spell critical strike rating.
- The cooldown for "Glimmering Mithril Insignia" has been increased
from 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
- The slowing affect from the "Mug 'O Hurt" is now considered a snare,
so snare removal and immunity affects will now work on it.

Raids and Dungeons
- Creatures in Tempest Keep:Botanica, Tempest Keep: Mechanar, and
Tempest Keep:Arcatraz no longer respawn as rapidly.
- Shadow Labyrinth
Reduced the chance of a Cabal Assassin ambush.
- Shattered Halls
Removed a problematic chest.
The "Resist Shadow" spell cast by Shadowmoon Acolyte's in Shattered
Halls will now be removed if a player leaves the zone.
- Serpentshrine Cavern
Boss creatures have received additional tuning and polish.
- Arcatraz
Warder and Defender Corpses are now immune to spell effects that
could cause the Protean Spawn to not spawn.
Protean Spawn now deal less damage.
- Tempest Keep Mechanar
Mechanar Drillers, Wreckers, and Crushers in Tempest Keep: The
Mechanar may no longer be enslaved when in Heroic mode.
- Caverns of Time
Captain Skarloc in Caverns of Time: Escape from Durnholde is no
longer susceptible to disarm, and does not slow down when wounded.
A defeat in the Caverns of Time: Opening of the Dark Portal
instance will no longer despawn unlooted bosses with loot.
Occasionally after players are defeated in the Caverns of Time:
Opening of the Dark Portal encounter on Heroic difficulty, the
placeholder versions of the bosses that appear in future attempts
that day would not spawn. The proper placeholders will now spawn
instead of Rift Lords and Rift Keepers.
Boss creatures in Caverns of Time: Opening of the Dark Portal will
now dispel all nearby Time Keepers instead of one at a time.

- Karazhan
Maiden of Virtue's "Holy Wrath" has been slightly retuned to try and
allow additional melee attackers to be used against her.
Maiden of Virtue's "Holy Fire" has been adjusted to prevent a
possible range exploit.
Maiden of Virtue will no longer "Holy Fire" players under the effect
of "Repentance".
Midnight is no longer susceptible to Bleed effects, since he's a
skeletal horse.
Nightbane's Restless Skeletons are now immune to non-holy magical
damage.
Restless Skeletons no longer have immolation.
Nightbane's Bone Shard Spray can no longer be interrupted by using an
immunity effect.
Some minor issues with the Library Tomes have been corrected.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed the credits to display properly.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Wouldn't call that anal raping.. Tone down for sure.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

It was priests that got violated. They nerfed the one decent new spell we got into uselessness. I guess priests weren't meant to live more than 5 seconds in PVP.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Animalor wrote:Wouldn't call that anal raping.. Tone down for sure.
It was a hard core reaming that will leave all Bears bleeding for months. I imagine this will cause most of the population to shift back to Resto or quit outright and go back to being whatever they were before. Teddy Tanks won't even be able to off tank all that well now. Forget about even thinking of trying it in Heroic mode. Have fun trying to talk all the "DPS" warriors into switching to Prot and sticking with it.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I can tank Heroics on Test. I was able to do 1 last night.

Yes, it was a huge nerf. Perhaps the largest I have ever seen. Blizzard hit way too many things at once instead of fine tuning like they should have. They need to do something about bleed immune mobs if Blizzard expects Lacerate to be a major role in our tanking. Other than that, I'm not crying like every other feral in WoW.

Aggro really isn't that much worse off on Test than it is on Live, but everyone better stay on the focus fire mob that's for sure. I'm fine with doing less dps, but if aggro had been altered, or I suddenly became a burden on my healers, then I would be upset. That's simply not the case. Sure, all the weekend druids will reroll or drop the specc, but I sure won't miss them. I was a bit dissappointed when my spec, previously one of the least played in the game, became the flavor of the week anyway.

Since I've had my daughter, I've respecced Moonkin on live for a change of pace. I'm feral to the core, but Balance has been a lot of fun so far. I fully intend on respeccing Feral, but I'll wait until I can play more and then jump back in full swing.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Morgrym wrote:Teddy Tanks won't even be able to off tank all that well now. Forget about even thinking of trying it in Heroic mode.
I just wanted to state that this is a knee jerk reaction and completely false. This just shows how out of control our aggro generation was prior to this nerf. It was easy. I guess too easy.

We still MT instances fine. Don't listen to the theorycrafters. Listen to the people that do it.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Perhaps I should have re worded that to the effects of non uber geared end game druids that are so far over the cap with everything it won't matter. It would not change my mind one bit though, Druids are a blast, esp Feral and have been since day one to someone that enjoys the class.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I am using only items I have recieved from Instances. I am far and away from uber. I think I may have about 5 enchants total on my current gear, if that.

I'm not giving you shit, just giving you perspective. Druid tanks are still completely viable. If you could do it before, you can do it now. A group won't be able to tell the difference between a Druid, Warrior, or Pallie tank. As long as that person is geared and specced for tanking and understands the game mechanics of tanking, the group can play and function as normal.

As it stands on Live right now, druids are obviously heads and shoulders superior to warriors for Instance tanking. It shouldn't be that way. Blizzard should keep us all in the same, equal capacity.

Of course, I would rather have had them buff warriors to our level instead of bringing us down to thiers, but oh well. Pallies still remain untouched, and thier threat is the same, if not better, as a current druid's on live. There just aren't enough Pallie tanks for everyone to cry nerf at I guess. They've done a great job of staying under the radar.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Stun on Stoneclaw Totem was nice
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Carpet Bear Bombing

As a 70 priest and warrior, I still love druids, even if I thought they were the slightly overpowered class of the month. Never stopped me from taking one. This video just cracks me up.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)