Do these pics look familiar?

Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

What Title? I've done all the Mara island quests that weren't heroic, is there some title you can get from those monks? Clue me in :)

Marb
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

If you want an absolute maddening quest that then gives you the absolute biggest shocker at the end that ALMOST makes all of the previous hell worthwhile, then do the Mith Marr diety quest.

Granted when I did it there was no start to finish walk-through on it.....so it is probably MUCH easier now. The only thing I will say is that you should not read the spoilers for the last quest. Do it on your own and figure that part out for yourself. You may die a few times and have to zone out and come back in several times to restart it, but it is worth it in the end.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Done the first 2 parts, need to do the Sol Eye part to get my lion... now I have to make it a priority!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Marbus wrote:What Title? I've done all the Mara island quests that weren't heroic, is there some title you can get from those monks? Clue me in :)

Marb
Scrolls for the trials are scattered throughout the Tower of the Four Winds.
1 on the first and 2 on the second/third/fourth.

Reward for the tirals are Monk Pebbles.
Buy titles with Monk Pebbles.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Sweet! May head back there instead of SoS tonight!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

The trials are timed @ 30 minutes.
I can whip through the 1st floor one in about 15 minutes.
The 2nd floor collect 50 shards is quite easy.
The 2nd floor kill 75 is a pretty good challenge although it's considerably easier now with Fusion.

I haven't completed the quests to give me access to the 3rd floor yet on my wizard but they were pretty freakin hard on my illusionist.

Unless you're a med-high DPS class the trials are gonna be rough.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Not sure why Kilmoll seems to be so down on EoF content. I've got a 70 Conjurer and 70 SK and am having a ball with EoF. I tend to mentor folks a lot as well. I've really enjoyed Klak'anon and the Court of Innovation (group heroic instance inside). Experience is good and it's a cool design.

I like Loping Plains but hate running through it since everything there stuns. Greater Faydark can kiss my ass (stupid terrain model makes it impossible to get from one point to the other in a straight line).

Mistmoore Castle is amazing. It's a bitch of a zone (mobs up to 76^^^ heroic...in groups of 3) but with a good group that plays together regularly, it's awesome. Watch out for the Cloaked Dhampre.

Mistmoore Catacombs are cool. It's much larger than I initially thought (if you're playing in the cave area only, you're missing A LOT). Only down side is that the nameds are pretty well camped regularly. The zone can't really support 30+ players at once.

Steamfont is nifty. I plan on mentoring and hitting Mines of Meldrath at some point. Supposed to be a cool encounter design in there.

Acadachism (sp?) is a quick heroic instance off of GFay on top of Crushbone. It's green at 70. A few decent drops in there.

New Tunaria is a bit of a disappointment. The zone is HUGE but it seems to lack content. It's almost like the designers really got geared up for building quests and events in there but ran out of time. I'm hoping to see it tweaked and finished at some point. The graphics are mind blowing as is the architecture. I love how it looks, just wish it had more content.

For both my SK and Conjurer, I love the class AA lines that EoF introduced. It provides a great way of tweaking and further customizing your play style. Obviously, nothing really changed with the base class AA lines.

The heritage quests released with EoF are excellent. While the Cloak of Flames quest is a bitch to start, the reward is worth it. But if you plan on pursuing it, plan on investing 40+ hours if you're really unlucky. Once you've got it started, it's quick to finish. The collection quest to start sucks though. Raincaller gives me wood and is ridiculously easy to finish (less than 1 day). There are a handful of other HQs that I haven't had the chance to do yet, but certainly revive those nostalgic feelings.

I'm really looking foward to Unrest. I expect it will be massively populated on release, but it will taper off shortly after.

----------------------

As for Desert of Flames, there is a significant amount of content in this expansion that is overlooked. One of my favorite zones in the game is the Living Tombs. Silent City is also neat, but a large (and mostly unseen) part is Epic content (but it will take your breath away).

Clefts of Rujark is an awesome multi-tiered zone with at least one (if not two) instances off of it. Several other instances are scattered throughout the expansion. Loot drops in the expansion were disappointing at best. This expansion also has one of the most difficult (IMHO) and time consuming quests in the game (prismatic 2.0). While not as long as the Qeynos Claymore line introduced in Kingdom of Sky, the requirements to finish prismatic 2.0 are rough and there's not a lot to entice people to help you. This differs dramatically from the Claymore line as the rewards along the way are significant and the quests take you to zones that people actually want to visit.

Poet's Palace is a fun instance set up with puzzles and access steps along the way. The down side is that it takes two access quests just to get in. Although the access quest to Shimmering Citadel is no longer required, players are still required to finish the Poet's Palace access quest just to get in the zone.

There are myriad quests to be completed in Maj'Dul. In fact, there are quests that you can only access if you have faction with the proper courts. Should you manage to work your way through the quests in all 3 courts, there are further quests that are opened up to allow access to a quest for the Ring of Fate. I think this item is one of the most dynamic in the game.

----------------------

Kingdom of Sky is probably my second favorite expansion (behind EoF). There's way too much to talk about here. Suffice to say, the newbie quests on the main island in Tenebrious Tangle are freaking amazing cash and experience. Make sure you do the basket quests as many times as possible.

Ok, rambled on enough.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Forgot about the mines of Mildrath, done those 4 or 5 times, very fun with a low to mid 50s group, Achedism (sp) above Crushbone is a lot of fun with some very good drops for early 60s.

How far are you on CoF? I'm having a bitch with some of the collection part, perhaps I should look up where to find the rest of the letters, I have like the first 7 I think but that's all I have found in LFay and LP.

I've got 2 Quests right now for New Tunaria, both are fairly long but for decent rewards, should finish soon (both are level 65 I think). I agree on the content and the beauty. It's probably the best looking zone in any game ever but there isn't much or if there is I haven't found it. There are quest people but everyone hates you, even if you are a good high elf. My guess is that since there is a mismoor agent there they are some how corrupted (ie led by Vampires or something). In beta I spent a lot of time there running around soloing with my Necro but with the roamers it can get pretty harry. Hopefully there will be a way to gain faction there or something eventually. The little goat people like me because of all the killing I've done in Shadowed Grove so I can get past the level 65^^^ guardians on the first bridge but other than that... I think they all scowl.

Edit - Oh, in regards to HQs, anyone in the 40s or 50s can knock out the Oracle robe and Dwarven Ringmail tunic in a couple of hours. If you are doing Casualities of the War of the Fae (ie Raincaller) you will need the 10,000 faction with the Dorfs to purchase the string for the bow. YOu can also get this in Kaladim but it requires a group. You can do the other, starts with the dorf in Kelethin by the broker (Irontoe I think) and solo it plus get a nice big ornate chest for your house :)

Marb
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Four of us completed Cloak of Flames about two or three weeks ago.

Link over to SOE forums: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/ ... .id=126186

While the pages can be a body drop, it's extremely, extremely rare. They are almost always small chest drops. This, of course, means the mobs must be green.

Page 10 in Kaladim gave me fits. New Tunaria went very fast since we brought along a level 60 guildie and we AE'd 8 to 10 ^^^ heroics at a time (SK pull for the win). Some of the best fun I'd had in weeks.

I don't 100% agree with the SOE thread. We've proven that the pages can drop from any mob in the specific zones.

As a side note, when you get to the part with Jha'Dolek, don't fuck up the sequence, otherwise you'll have to buy another paste at well over a plat. The heart is temporary and no-zone, so make sure you use the heart immediately after killing him.

To clarify the post on the boards:

Harvest flamesalt.
Summon Jha'Dolek.
Use naptha paste.
Kill Jha'Dolek.
Loot heart.
Use heart.

If you have questions, I'm usually on at eq2.permafrost.Vaemas or eq2.permafrost.Nachturas.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!