TBC Opening Cinematic @ '06 VGA's

WoW Discussion
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

TBC Opening Cinematic @ '06 VGA's

Post by Sargeras »

OMFG!~! I can't wait to see this on my computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WxrEmZlvE
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Sexy
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

haha, I like that they included the mage sheeping someone.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

If only in game graphics were 1/10th as good as their cinematics.

Really, even if I did still play, I don't see what so special about this expansion.. 70.. new races... no new classes... some new land. yawn? I mean, their game has been out for over two years, their funding is seemingly endless, and that's the best they could come up with? Cookie cutter expansion.

P.S. The chick at the end who goes "oh my god, woooooooow" annoys the hell out of me.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Mr Bacon wrote:If only in game graphics were 1/10th as good as their cinematics.

Really, even if I did still play, I don't see what so special about this expansion.. 70.. new races... no new classes... some new land. yawn? I mean, their game has been out for over two years, their funding is seemingly endless, and that's the best they could come up with? Cookie cutter expansion.
I won't be coming back to WoW for the expansion. Then again, I don't really plan on hitting the MMOG scene again anytime soon either. After 6 years of EQ1, a year and change in WoW and 6 months of EQ2 and about 3-4 months of everything else, I'm sick of the genre..

Gaming is a bit more expansive now than at a flat 15$ a month but the variety is great.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I think this would make for a really great movie, if they could contain themselves to a decent story and not try and fit EVERY aspect of the game into it. (like the AD&D movie)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I think this would make for a really great movie, like the AD&D movie
Edited for hilarity.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Mr Bacon wrote: Really, even if I did still play, I don't see what so special about this expansion.. 70.. new races... no new classes... some new land. yawn? I mean, their game has been out for over two years, their funding is seemingly endless, and that's the best they could come up with? Cookie cutter expansion.
What.

There are a lot of interesting new machanics being brought in to TBC. They build on the existing game rather than re-writing it. Which seems pretty sane to me: when you've got the most successful MMO going, why change it?
If you don't like WoW the expansion is highly unlikely to draw you in. But a lot of people do like WoW and what I've seen while playing Beta TBC has me looking forward to the day it goes live.

What would you rather have if this isn't good enough for you? I mean - name something? Or at least cite a better example from MMO history?
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

How about a new class, I mean, they only have hundreds to choose from? New races in an attempt to make leveling fun *does not work*, and is the easy way out.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Mr Bacon wrote: New races in an attempt to make leveling fun *does not work*, and is the easy way out.
I disagree.
They pretty much have all the bases covered with this expansion. A little bit of something for everyone. Mind you it's probably 12-18 months too late, but Blizzard has never released expansions/addins/etc in a timely manner.. so it's not surprising.

New races, new zones to level up in, new quests.
People like rolling alts. New races just give them even more options to choose from when rolling a new alt.
It's intereting the model Blizzard seemd to have chosen to give the game artificial longevity. Make changes to X class to make them overpowered for the FOTM players... then slowly nerf them back to being almost balanced, then buff up another class to being overpowered so you have another bunch of people rolling a new character.

Makes sense, I guess. What else is there to do once you hit 60 other than raid a few times a week, grind rep, grind gold and grind BGs?
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Mr Bacon wrote:How about a new class, I mean, they only have hundreds to choose from? New races in an attempt to make leveling fun *does not work*, and is the easy way out.
Well who cares about levelling? We'll all be levelling from 60-70 in new zones with new mobs and new dungeons, then enjoying the new L70 challenges. The only people who will be levelling are those Horde who want to be a Paladin (a new class for them) and they'll be Blood Elves and so get to enjoy the new starting zones. Same is true for Alliance Shamen.

I'd ask you to explain how the choice of race/class makes levelling fun as opposed to, say, the things you do while levelling. But I won't.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Leveling a different class is a new experience. Leveling a different race is not.

Different quests for a few levels.. omg? They may have content up to 60 or 70 or whatever, but you know you'll see tons of blood elves 'in ur barrens stealin ur xps' 30 minutes after release.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Mr Bacon wrote:How about a new class, I mean, they only have hundreds to choose from? New races in an attempt to make leveling fun *does not work*, and is the easy way out.

if new races and zones are cookie cutter... then new classes are too. nothing creative there :P

besides, they need to balance the classes they have for TBC before they go adding new ones.

and for some people, being able to create a horde paladin or an alliance shaman is almost the same thing as a new class. For example, my plans since I first heard about this game was to start a Paladin but I already commited to play on horde. I play a rogue now, but I guarantee my next alt is gonna be a blood elf paladin just like the vast majority of all current horde players. I have no fucking clue how to play a paladin in any capacity, and it will be a lot of fun to learn how.

IMO, Its more like a new version of the game than an expansion. Putting all of the new content aside, so many core parts of the game have been revamped entirely. Bliz took the opportunity to do-over a lot of the shit they fucked up in the beginning. The rating system rolls back the mudflation-clock, the hunter class was almost entirely redone and many other classes were retooled drastically, the horrid PVP system was replaced with a people-friendly version, all shamanVSpaladin issues have been resolved with one sweeping cop-out. At the very least, it'll be interesting to see how well their new systems hold up to a level 70 player base as theyre designed to.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

miir wrote:
Bubba Grizz wrote:I think this would make for a really great movie, like the AD&D movie
Edited for hilarity.
:lol:
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Different quests for a few levels.. omg? They may have content up to 60 or 70 or whatever, but you know you'll see tons of blood elves 'in ur barrens stealin ur xps' 30 minutes after release.
Sure you're gonna see some l33t dudes powerleveling in the old familiar areas for the pointless bragging rights of the first bloof elf to 70 but I think a lot of players are going to want to experience the new areas.

Mind you, the new areas are for the most part gonna be unplayable for the first few weeks after release. I don't know how they are going to handle the influx of several hundred players in the newbie areas. They don't have the design or infrastructure to handle that kind of load.

EQ2 handles it by creating new instances when a zone reaches its peak. For example, at EOF release: the starting zone, GFay launches a new instance @ 100 players. On perma the week of EOF release, there was a few times, 5 instances of GFay (400+ players). That zone is fine with 100 players. It's a large zone and competition for quest mobs was minimal and lag was virtually non-existant.

What is going to happen in the Blood Elf and Dranei noob areas when BC is released? WOW servers are way more populated than EQ2 servers so 500+ players in an area is going to be a reality.
I'm going to be giving the expansion a try but I think I'm going to wait 4-6 weeks for them to sort out the inevitable problems they will have at release.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Mr Bacon wrote:How about a new class, I mean, they only have hundreds to choose from?
Blizzard answered this question when they said what's the point of making a new class for the expansion when we're still not finished balancing/testing (for 70) the ones we currently have?

I absolutely love the new PVP system they have in place now. It's much less tedious than the old one, and the Arena system makes for some very quick, very low downtime PVP with some very nice rewards.

Much of the expansion was built for casuals, for almost the entire progression is 5-10 man instances where you can get freaking epics in one night. You can't even do the big raids till your 70, and each person in the 25-man raid has to run through the 5-10 man instances to complete objectives. For the raiding guilds, this will not be a problem.

As a lore freak, it's great to see how much the story has expanded from Warcraft 2. To see what happened to Khadgar and the expedition team that stayed in Outland to shut down the portal and prevent the Horde from ever trying to destroy Azeroth again.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

To those who play only Horde or only Alliance, they ARE adding a new class. If you don't think that new class will change the way each side does things, you need to try raiding on the side you weren't on before.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

cadalano wrote:I guarantee my next alt is gonna be a blood elf paladin just like the vast majority of all current horde players.
I'm making a mage. Does this make me a special and unique snowflake?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

OKAY JACKS SMIRKING REVENGE
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Vid removed!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Tuddi2
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tuddi2 »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Or you could get it off of the WoW site!
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, I saw that you posted it. I am curious what made the other site's version of the same thing "better."
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

If there is one thing Blizzard does perfect every time its trailers. I quit WoW months ago but just watching the trailer I feel like I am being sucked back in.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

vn_Tanc wrote:We'll all be levelling from 60-70 in new zones with new mobs and new dungeons, then enjoying the new L70 challenges.
My concern is what Miir hits on: these guys are so fucking slow at doing everything. In 6 months, we'll all have our "Been there, done that" shirts and be bored to tears with the new dungeons all being mastered and farmed, and PVP will revert to the same old grind of pre-set cadres farming PUG idiots who don't know how to communicate. What then?

The one thing about EQ was AAs character development never halted. With WoW its limited to farming one useless faction reputation after another. Yeah AA farming was still reduced to farming but at least it offered an avenue to improve your char while waiting on the next expansion (which was always only a couple months away :p).
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Love the warlocks callous disregard for life, kinda makes me feel warm inside :D

STILL NO FUCKING GNOMES THO! Specist cunts.

New classes would be nice, i'd like to see a wee it of the old warcraft craziness brought into it. Like a tinkerer class (not really engineerin) or something like that.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Wulfran wrote:
vn_Tanc wrote:We'll all be levelling from 60-70 in new zones with new mobs and new dungeons, then enjoying the new L70 challenges.
My concern is what Miir hits on: these guys are so fucking slow at doing everything. In 6 months, we'll all have our "Been there, done that" shirts and be bored to tears with the new dungeons all being mastered and farmed, and PVP will revert to the same old grind of pre-set cadres farming PUG idiots who don't know how to communicate. What then?

The one thing about EQ was AAs character development never halted. With WoW its limited to farming one useless faction reputation after another. Yeah AA farming was still reduced to farming but at least it offered an avenue to improve your char while waiting on the next expansion (which was always only a couple months away :p).
What the fuck? AA's never halted? I was training in advanced swimming or some shit at some point. I know Blizzard isn't exactly quick as you're pointing out, but don't gloss over nice memories of a game once played.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Tuddi2
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tuddi2 »

Boogahz wrote:
Yeah, I saw that you posted it. I am curious what made the other site's version of the same thing "better."

if you're referring to my post about calling the link i put up a "better" version

it was compared to the original link which was if i'm not mistaken a recording from the stands made by a phone or some recorder.
i didn't see the original link since it was down before i could see it, as was the link i found someplace else which contained just that, a recording from some game convention or what have you.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Cotto wrote:Love the warlocks callous disregard for life, kinda makes me feel warm inside :D

STILL NO FUCKING GNOMES THO! Specist cunts.

New classes would be nice, i'd like to see a wee it of the old warcraft craziness brought into it. Like a tinkerer class (not really engineerin) or something like that.
The Burning Crusade was an excellent opportunity to add Death Knights, a classic and fluff-filled Warcraft unit. Instead, they gave Horde Pallies. W. T. F. For the Alliance, do Dryads that have similar, yet different abilities of the shaman class.

I'll always voice my opinion that not adding new classes was 1/2 assed and a very non-Blizzard thing to do.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Yeah, they should have added Death Knights!

Oh, and what's already stated, blizzard makes VERY good trailers! :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Yeah, they should have added Death Knights!

Oh, and what's already stated, blizzard makes VERY good trailers! :)
except theres no gnomes, therefore its shit.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.