The Official PS3 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS3 thread!

Post by Aslanna »

Cool PS3 "commercial" (used quotes because it's a bit long for a commercial!) I hadn't seen before. I think I get most of the character references. I almost didn't see Ratchet hiding there.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

whoa, I just had to sit through an unskippable PS3 ad to watch that PS3 ad on you tube.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Cool PS3 "commercial" (used quotes because it's a bit long for a commercial!) I hadn't seen before. I think I get most of the character references. I almost didn't see Ratchet hiding there.

Didn't care for the new PS4 ad but this ad was one of the best, if not the best for a console.

Sony has always been pretty good with their marketing. I thought the Kevin butler line of commercials were outstanding before they canned him.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

We can unpin this one now right? Surely there's newer, more relevant horses we can beat to death?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

This is a hall of fame thread, though!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PS3 keeps going with the exclusives! Some of them aren't on there like Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus so I wouldn't call if a complete list. If someone can find something a bit more complete pass it along.

The 360 is looking pretty sad though. Since Jan 2013 they've had Gears of War: Judgement and State of Decay. Oh and Fable Anniversary if you count HD remakes of Xbox games. 2012 was pretty dismal as well other than mostly Kinect Games. If you want exclusives PlayStation is the place to be. PS4 won't be any different!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I hooked up the ole PS3 to play through Spec Ops The Line and yeah... It's hard going back to the past. Even for a game installed on the HDD the load times are lengthy. And, from what I understand, as they used a SATA 2 interface there's no real benefit to adding an SSD from the few videos I've watched so I probably wont bother doing that.

After using the PS4 and PS5 controllers for years the PS3 controller does feel too small and light. I had no issues with it at the time though so I won't say Winnow was right. I mean he claimed Windows 8 was good. Who can trust someone who makes that sort of claim?

Luckily you can use PS4 and PS5 controllers on the PS3 if you plug them in via usb however not all the functionality is there so you do need to have a PS3 controller as well for certain operations such as pressing the PS button which does nothing on a PS4/5 controller. I really don't know why they couldn't have resolved issues like that since it's hard finding DS3 controllers these days. Unless you want a crappy used one. Or you want to pay $100+ for a new one.

Trophy syncing on the PS3 literally takes at least 2 minutes.

Trying to find a digital item you own in the list involves scrolling through everything as I couldn't find a way to search that or sort it in a reasonable fashion.

I forgot that PS+ was introduced almost 14 years ago. That's so long ago!

--