Ultimate Fighter 4 Finale

Forum for kung fu, and grappling, and dolphins, and street fights, and body building, and.....

Moderator: The Kwon

Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Ultimate Fighter 4 Finale

Post by Kryshade »

Man, I gotta say I was disappointed by the fight between Matt Serra and Chris Lytle. I thought it was going to be much more interesting than that, but they just stood basically at a deadlock for most of the fight. I'm glad Matt Serra won, I like his attitude and his history. Seems like a really cool guy, I just wish the fight had been more interesting. I'm looking forward to him taking on Hughes or St. Pierre, although I think he's gonna get his ass kicked!

I think that Lutter vs. Silva will be a better matchup, with Lutter standing somewhat of a chance in that fight if he can avoid the strikes of Silva. I'm really glad they've started broadcasting MMA on cable television. It's become one of my favorite sports.

On a side not, I've tried watching PRIDE, and I dunno what it is, maybe it's just that I don't know the fighters real well, maybe it's the god awful white ring that blinds me, or it's the old style boxing ring that I don't like. For some reason I just like the presentation of UFC more. I agree that there are some badass fighters in PRIDE, but I really don't like the way they showcase the fights. UFC has the definite edge on their productions in my opinion.
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

I missed the end of Round 3 on the Serra fight. (My DVR cut off right before the end, or maybe the fight ran over the sheduled time).

How did it end? Decision or what?
Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kryshade »

Yeah, ended with decision to Matt Serra... the whole fight was pretty much nothing but them manuevering for position against the fence while standing up. One of the more boring fights I've seen. I was pulling for Serra the whole time, and glad he won. I'm not sure why they chose him over Lytle since nothing really happened, but glad they did. If you saw Rounds 1 and 2, then you know how round 3 ended.