Post by Psyloche »

cadalano wrote:TBC official release date is now in the 2nd week of January btw
Where'd you find that?
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i have totally sexy insider infos
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Are you fucking kidding me? They need to get this shit out LAST month, not in 2007.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Xorian wrote:Holy Mojo !

My shammy would love to triple windfury crit with that one :)

Keep some pics coming Sarge please !
That thing replaced my Hand of Rag. I died a little inside when I equipped it. I'll post more screenshots after the raid tonight.
Masteen wrote:Are you fucking kidding me? They need to get this shit out LAST month, not in 2007.
Everyone was splooging over the late November release date, and I didn't believe for one second that BC was coming out that soon. The raid instances aren't open yet, the raid guild invitees are still leveling to 67, they are still constantly changing things, fixing bugs, and following suggestions. They're going over this beta with a fine-tooth comb.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Breagen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Breagen »

Lol @ paladins in the arenas:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... de+Paladin

Bugged spell damage coefficients apparently.
Forest Stalker - EQ Retired
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

I don't know why you wouldn't want your partner to be able to become untouchable for x amount of seconds while still being able to heal you. I don't care if it has a 5 minute recycle, that isn't so long when you're in queues. Also add the fact that they're giving people that much more hp, you already have to do an ungodly amount of damage to actually finish one off now. Between silence and fear I can usually take them down in 1v1's but if there's ever a second person its a hell of a lot harder.
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Wow, they really did buff SoR! :)
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Psyloche wrote:I don't know why you wouldn't want your partner to be able to become untouchable for x amount of seconds while still being able to heal you. I don't care if it has a 5 minute recycle
I don't understand what was going through their minds when they gave them the ability to become untouchable and do anything else in the first place. 5 minutes?, it ought to be once a day. Or be 100% dispellable.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

It's extra fun, because from what I understand all your cooldowns refresh whenever you enter the arena.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Aabidano wrote:Or be 100% dispellable.
Priest can dispell it now.
Masteen wrote:It's extra fun, because from what I understand all your cooldowns refresh whenever you enter the arena.
They do.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Sargeras wrote:
Aabidano wrote:Or be 100% dispellable.
Priest can dispell it now.
Masteen wrote:It's extra fun, because from what I understand all your cooldowns refresh whenever you enter the arena.
They do.
1000 mana to do it, hold on let me bend over.

Just curious, aside from the fact that you can't do it again in 5 minutes, and not being able to attack... what else does it cost a paladin to bubble? I've never played alliance and don't want to read through thottbot replies of zomgbubblehearthlolz.
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

masteen wrote:It's extra fun, because from what I understand all your cooldowns refresh whenever you enter the arena.
After hitting a bunch of paladin premade groups in WSG I pretty much stopped playing there. Well that and some oft used exproits. I guess you could win against them but you'd have to have another premade group set up to counter it, and I just don't care all that much :)

Arena doesn't sound like it'll be much different. Fugedaboutit.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Psyloche wrote:Just curious, aside from the fact that you can't do it again in 5 minutes, and not being able to attack... what else does it cost a paladin to bubble? I've never played alliance and don't want to read through thottbot replies of zomgbubblehearthlolz.
We can still attack, but melee attack power is dropped in half for the duration of the bubble. Every single priest I have asked said they would be more than willing to spend 1k mana to dispell my bubble. But I want to test the mechanic of just what on the buff list does it dispell. Meaning, can I bubble, then cast another buff on myself... so does that buff get dispelled since it's after bubble?

Before Alpha F&F, there was a spell called Blessing of Spell Warding that granted the immunity from all spell effects for the same duration, but silenced the paladin from casting spells during that duration. Silenced, but the paladin could still melee. It was the inverse function of Blessing of Protection which is in the game now. They took it out unfortunately.

One thing that has paladins concerned is since Blessing of Protection, Divine Shield, and our new offensive spell Avenging Wrath share the exact same debuff component... getting dispelled of any of those prevents us from using the other spells for the duration of that debuff. Our ability that was intended to "sacrifice some survivability for better offensiveness" then becomes a irritating hinderance because we are locked out of our class-defining abilities.

I got to test Crusader Strike last night, and I really like it. It gives me something to do during the 3.4 seconds between swings and judgement is on cooldown. The upside is that it's melee damage, so getting counterspelled and spell-locked, I can still use it. The downside is since it is melee damage, it can be missed, parried, dodged, mitigated, etc. It costs mana, and to increase the yield of the 40% holy count output you'd need more +spell damage gear.

This also made me happy in the pants, and I don't have the highest rank yet.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Psyloche wrote:
Where'd you find that?
I am also very curious where you found that. I searched for awhile, but the only release date that seemed official that I could find said Q4 2006. I found a few sites with no sources claiming it got delayed till dec 15th, but not one that said anything about 2007/2nd week of january.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

He bottoms for FOH in exchange for the leet infoz. :twisted:
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

So in otherwords, it's more of the same old WoW + sick mudflation. Got it.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Aardor wrote:
Psyloche wrote:
Where'd you find that?
I am also very curious where you found that. I searched for awhile, but the only release date that seemed official that I could find said Q4 2006. I found a few sites with no sources claiming it got delayed till dec 15th, but not one that said anything about 2007/2nd week of january.

i just have a friend that works for bliz. he calls me up when theres l33t info so I can post it on forums and feel like i'm special
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's a joke listening to someone that plays a Paladin whining about anything at all. Playing against someone I had to kill 2, sometimes 3 or 4 times in PVP took every ounce of fun out of PVP for me. If I got into a BG with a handful of high ranked Paladins I would quit immediately almost every time.

Any invulnerabillity spell in a game like that should be 100% dispellable by every class that can dispell.
Traz-KOE
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Traz-KOE »

People whining about paladins is even funnier.
Traz Blackwolfe (Retired)
--------------------
I could turn you inside out
What I choose not to do
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Funkmasterr wrote:It's a joke listening to someone that plays a Paladin whining about anything at all. Playing against someone I had to kill 2, sometimes 3 or 4 times in PVP took every ounce of fun out of PVP for me. If I got into a BG with a handful of high ranked Paladins I would quit immediately almost every time.

Any invulnerabillity spell in a game like that should be 100% dispellable by every class that can dispell.
Ummm, quote anywhere where I am whining? I'm just giving feedback and thoughts/concerns on how I'm playing my class in beta. Nothing is final yet.
Traz, stalker of Thor in TNB <3 wrote:People whining about paladins is even funnier.
I couldn't agree more Traz. I think Funk is just a little pissy he got his ass handed to him by a paladin. The same result would happen if he came up against me as well.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... d=37045328
http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com/thread. ... cId=690540 (There's another good one at the top of page 2).

I just LOVE the fact that I can chase down runners now, because I never could before. I have the fastest land mount in the game (Crusader Aura + enchants). Rank 2 of Judgement of Justice snares anyone down to 100% run speed. Non-combantant Judgements last 20 seconds now (24 if you're 5/5 Avenger's). No point in staying on your mount when you can't move any faster. With 8% run speed enchant on my boots, you're not going anywhere unless you dismount and use some form of CC on me.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

The only reason anyone would run from a Paladin is because they are bored of banging on your shield. Just let them run and move on already! :P
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sargeras wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:It's a joke listening to someone that plays a Paladin whining about anything at all. Playing against someone I had to kill 2, sometimes 3 or 4 times in PVP took every ounce of fun out of PVP for me. If I got into a BG with a handful of high ranked Paladins I would quit immediately almost every time.

Ummm, quote anywhere where I am whining? I'm just giving feedback and thoughts/concerns on how I'm playing my class in beta. Nothing is final yet.
Traz, stalker of Thor in TNB <3 wrote:People whining about paladins is even funnier.
I couldn't agree more Traz. I think Funk is just a little pissy he got his ass handed to him by a paladin. The same result would happen if he came up against me as well.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... d=37045328
http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com/thread. ... cId=690540 (There's another good one at the top of page 2).

I just LOVE the fact that I can chase down runners now, because I never could before. I have the fastest land mount in the game (Crusader Aura + enchants). Rank 2 of Judgement of Justice snares anyone down to 100% run speed. Non-combantant Judgements last 20 seconds now (24 if you're 5/5 Avenger's). No point in staying on your mount when you can't move any faster. With 8% run speed enchant on my boots, you're not going anywhere unless you dismount and use some form of CC on me.
I wasn't necessarily saying you were whining, and to clarify - as my hunter I was never once killed by a Paladin, and rarely was I as my priest. It was just an annoyance to have to get them down to no health 3 times before they ran out of bubbles and shit and actually died.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Boogahz wrote:The only reason anyone would run from a Paladin is because they are bored of banging on your shield. Just let them run and move on already! :P
I have this philosophy that "You always try to finish what you start." If someone engages me first, they either get out by successfully killing me, getting their asses handed to them (which usually happens), or successfully gets away.

That was from an AV I did a few months ago, it's a pic of my cooldown timer addon showing the cooldown of Vanish on 3 different rogues. All 3 rogues jumped me first, all 3 rogues got their asses handed to them, but in the end they all gouged and vanished like the little pussies that they are. Don't start what ya can't finish!

I don't think there's much worse in PVP than getting the feeling of "WTF did I just get myself into?" and just when you think you've gotten away... there's your opponent all over your ass. The predator becomes the prey.

"A paladin's greatest weapon is being underestimated." - Thordurin 3:16