official spells & talents previews

WoW Discussion
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

official spells & talents previews

Post by cadalano »

I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Sinzar
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Sinzar »

Kind of dissapointed in rogue stuff. All this expansion really gives me is 10 more talent points to add onto my secondary talent tree. The new stuff for PvE rogues is pretty sad. I'll probably go something like THIS in the expansion. Hopefully the PvE rogue tree (combat) gets redone to add actual PvE talents after 31.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

find weakness would be pretty interesting but you have to give up some good shit in combat to get it. Shadow Strikes was definitely overpowered, but our new 41 point actually lowers your DPS in PVE... pretty idoitic
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Our druid cat skills look like they're getting a big boost overall. Mark of the Claw is a sick, sick buff.

(25 STR & 25 AGI & +5% DMG for 30 minutes)

http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ntswb1.jpg

Viciousness is looking great. (2 pts would be 50%)

Survival of the Fittest is lame.

Thick Hide being changed to 2 points just saved me 3 points to put elsewhere.

Animal Reflexes is a .5 sec heal for me. No need to spec to Nature's Swiftnes anymore for the ferals out there that want a second life :P

Feral Recovery (2 pts would be 20% and 100% chance to drop a neg effect) and Scent of the Pack easily secures our spot as the #1 offtank with the ability to main tank as needed. Ignorant fucks that thought otherwise before will have to dig pretty deep in the bullshit bin to deny us now.

SPELLS:

Cyclone (Balance): Throws your target into the air, disorienting the target and causing Nature damage over 3 seconds but making the target immune to other damage during that time. --- How much Nature Dmg? I guess it will be a decent interrupt and a way to take someone out of the fight, if even for a couple seconds. Overall, I'm not overly impressed. The dmg may change that though.

Mangle (Cat Form): Stuns the enemy and deals damage per combo point. --- We've needed a cat interrupt. I'm curious of refresh and amount of time the target will be stunned.

Feral Strike (Bear Form): An attack that deals damage and converts each extra point of rage into damage and causes a high amount of threat. --- Bad as hell. It's a Bear Finishing Move. I'm sick of sitting there with a full rage bar all the time. This is uber to me.

Enervate (Restoration): Drains mana, energy, or rage every second for 20 seconds. --- Interesting. How much though? Also, it better stack.

Control Beast (Balance): Controls a beast up to level 77 but increases the time between attacks by 25%. Lasts up to 1 min. --- Situational at best.

Overall, I'll be very happy if these actually go live.
Sinzar
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Sinzar »

cadalano wrote:find weakness would be pretty interesting but you have to give up some good shit in combat to get it.
I'm somewhat confused on the actual functionality of this talent. The wording isn't as clear as I would like.
Find Weakness wrote:Your finishing moves increase the damage of all offensive abilities by 2/4/6/8/10% for 10 sec.
Now, is this a self buff or a debuff that can help everyone in the raid? It's not crystal clear to me which by the wording. I'm assuming it's self only though.

Now for the next part I'm unclear on. "offensive abilities by" - When it says "abilities" I take that to mean special moves such as Sinister Strike, and not include things like Auto Attack. This means, at 20 energy / 2 sec, on average I get +10% to my next 2 Sinister Strikes, or for other rogues, +10% to 1 - 2 backstabs. If it only applies to special attacks, I find the talent to be very lacking. If it does in fact work on all offensive attacks and not just abilities, it's better.

If it's a raidwide buff to +10% damage to a target for 10 seconds from all sources after a finishing move, then that's an entirely different story and starts moving into the realm of required talent for every raid group.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Its a self buff that only increases yellow damage
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

Until Combat changes, I can't think of anything that would beat this spec.

Surprise Attacks and Mutilate are both pretty crap (just trust me on the Mutilate thing).

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=fhefox0owZGcVb0yz0bZV

Alternatively, take 1/2 weap ex and get 5/5 seal fate.
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

cant even train mutilate on alpha right now. but yeah its shit anyway.. and you cant even offhand a non-dagger. but both that and shadow strikes are supposedly going to be changed. not holding my breath cause all the 41 pointers have been pretty lame

quick recovery is delicious. also lets you bandage for 300 and cannibalize for a shitload if you have it.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Hey Adela, I'm in Alpha too. You playing alliance or horde?
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

horde yo. i'm the bald zombie thats probably trying to kill you if you're flagged
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Look for the dorf paladin with a Hand of Rag standing over your corpse then! :P
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

nice i get a water pet!
sounds like EQ all over again, as long as those fuckers dont give mages mod rods in the expansion il be happy
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer