Omaha Steaks

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Omaha Steaks

Post by Sylvus »

I've heard good things about that place, never ordered from them before. Saw this deal today on http://www.gotapex.com and figured I'd give it a shot. They usually charge $212 for the package and it's only $59.99 + S/H with this code.

You get:
4 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons
4 (5 oz.) Top Sirloins
4 (4 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops
2 (4.5 oz.) Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crab
8 (3 oz.) Gourmet Franks
4 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers
10 portions Potatoes au Gratin
and a bonus of
6 (4 oz.) OS Burgers, Cutlery, & Cutting Board
got apex wrote:
  • First start by clicking on the special link here to go to OmahaSteaks. OMAHA STEAKS AMERICAN CELEBRATION BUNDLE DEAL
  • Then click on ORDER FROM A MAILING option on the red bar on the top of the page, right under their logo. Should be the 5th one from the left, right in the middle.
  • Leave the box empty and click on Continue under Enter Priority Code.
  • Now enter in 7819K under Enter an Item # and click on Add to Cart.
  • The American Celebration bundle should appear in your cart now. Then continue to check out. Make sure you select FREE gift of 6 Burgers, Cutlery & Cutting Board.
  • Total should come out to be $59.99 plus shipping. Enjoy!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

We had good luck ordering from them, and I think I can remember only one time when we had a shipping problem. I have been pretty set on a local market lately that my family uses though. We basically get a side of beef cut that we divide amongst ourselves for who needs what each trip :)
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

I don't think the deal is bad but if you have a butcher close by, you can get the same cuts of beef for about the same money and get them fresh instead of frozen and having to refreeze. If you're having a bbq and would be cooking it all right away, there's no point in not trying it out. If you'd be freezing them, my suggestion would be to fuck it.
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

My wife's office split a set from Omaha, but I happen to like the local butcher better. Not to mention they have fresh Ahi tuna for $7~ lb.

*drools*
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Omaha is good - and usually you don't have to "refreeze" - it is delivered frozen so you just move it from the package to your freezer (assuming you don't let it sit on your porch for 3 days before opening it!).

As other posters said the steaks aren't bad - I find the portions small, but the quality of meat is usually pretty good, but I prefer my local butcher if you have one that you like and trust.

And don't fall for all of the gimmicks - just take a step back and look at what you are ordering. Althought it says omaha sells normally for $212, that's their "list" price, they are ALWAYS running 50,60 and 75% off sales off of most of their products. It just changes week to week what you get with it (free shipping, a set of crappy knives, etc...).

Anyway - they are decent, and sometimes you can get a deal, but I think just keeping an eye on any specials your local butcher may be running is probably better in terms of freshness and probably about the same price.