I just got an account warning from Blizzard...

WoW Discussion
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

I just got an account warning from Blizzard...

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Greetings,

Account Name:
Realm: Thunderhorn
Character Name: Fairweather

Account Action: Warning

Offense: Harassment Policy – Inappropriate
This category includes both clear and masked language which:
-Is a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
-Is otherwise considered objectionable

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
2006/07/28 16:26:01 (GMT) - Fairweather Party "his bitch will heal him"
They must run a filter? I said fuck at least 3-4 times in that group. It was a PUG for BRD and I was explaining the encounter to a bunch of people that had never been there before. The above quote was referring to the Princess.

I'm pretty fucking annoyed right now.
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

someone in your pug must have reported you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Are there canine clerics in WoW or am I missing something?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, someone in the pug reported it. Don't expect to really see someone say Reported when they report you. I really don't think there is a filter for stuff like that, or my guild would have been banned long ago.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

That pisses me off. I took that entire group by the hand and helped them with every quest they had. I wish I could remember thier names...
Clatis
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Clatis »

yeah i just got two warnings and a 12 hour ban, but i didn't have power for half of it and no cable the rest of it, my name was Cigbock, and i was told to change it, so i changed it to cigbockus, and then back to Cigbock, and then now my name is lame.
Clatis Shizam/Fogdog Deeznutz -rocking no longer

When I leave come togetha like butt cheeks
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

That sucks, especially when the filter command is turned on by default.
Traz-KOE
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Traz-KOE »

Lynks wrote:That sucks, especially when the filter command is turned on by default.
Tired response for a tired excuse: The profanity filter is there to protect people from those who break the rules, not as a justification for breaking them in the first place.

In other words, it doesn't matter whether it's on or off by default, nor how the user has it set; the onus is on you to control your language according to the rules set forth by Blizzard.

On a side note, private channels are not moderated by Blizzard, only /w, /p, and the public channels. If you absolutely must swear, then create your own channel or do it in /g or /o.
Traz Blackwolfe (Retired)
--------------------
I could turn you inside out
What I choose not to do
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Stop turning off your filter then if it bothers you so much. People that turn in off and report are just looking to report people, aka assholes.
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

how about fuck off
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Traz-KOE wrote:
Lynks wrote:That sucks, especially when the filter command is turned on by default.
Tired response for a tired excuse: The profanity filter is there to protect people from those who break the rules, not as a justification for breaking them in the first place.

In other words, it doesn't matter whether it's on or off by default, nor how the user has it set; the onus is on you to control your language according to the rules set forth by Blizzard.

On a side note, private channels are not moderated by Blizzard, only /w, /p, and the public channels. If you absolutely must swear, then create your own channel or do it in /g or /o.
If you absolutely must exist without swearing, why turn the filter off to begin with? Keep in mind, this question has absolutely nothing to do with Blizzard's ruling. I (along with most others I'm sure) am well aware of what the rules are. But for what fucking reason would you turn the filter off if not to (as Lynks just said) intentionally report others and be a complete dick in general?
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Traz-KOE
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Traz-KOE »

Now, I don't give a shit either way myself. I turned the filter off because I don't need my chat filtered. However, I would have turned it off anyway after seeing random things (like grape, bong, and stuffage, for example) filtered because the profanity filter doesn't distinguish between parts of words and whole words, or is just overly rabid in some cases.

Regardless, it doesn't change the root of the problem. If you break a rule, they are within their right to report you for *whatever* reason. Sure they might be an asshole for doing so, but does not make their action any less valid.

You break a rule, you get reported, you get actioned. That's how it goes. Don't break the rules and you won't get actioned.
--------------------
What I choose not to do
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Fuck that pussy ass shit Traz. The only thing to to is stop coddling these fucking babies through gimp ass zones. Seriously, if people don't know how to do something as UTTERLY TRIVIAL as fucking BRD, kick them the fuck out and do it with 4. Even 3 decently geared people (tank with some FR) can clear that fucking place.

Don't explain shit to people. See someone lagging behind on the heal+DPS meter? They are fucking history, no warning, no nagging, just swift kick in the ass.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Because nobody does anything for the first time :roll:
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Morgrym wrote:Because nobody does anything for the first time :roll:
Then they can bumblefuck their way through it with other noobs. I'm not turning what should be an hour long clear (tops) into a 3 hour assfuck because little Timmy just picked up teh wows last month.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

A similar thing happened to me when I played WoW.

I was in AQ minding my own business and the conversation went something like this:

Random_moron: Irnfrorge protal n0w
Me: ....what?
Random_moron: Gimme portal now to IF
Me: I'm busy
Random_moron: Ashole, gime a protal, I ned to gat to IF
Me: /who random_moron = random moron is in SW
Me: Take the tram, I'm busy
Random_moron: Thats y I h8 pratentious lvl 60's, you tihnk your all so amasing and cnat halp a noobie
Me: Just fuck off and leave me alone
Random_moron: Reported
Me: /ignore

Next day I log in and have been given a written warning, at which point I contact a GM who tells me I broke the rules and the other guy didn't break any. Load of fucking balls if you ask me.

Fuck Blizzards stupid GM's.
Traz-KOE
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Traz-KOE »

masteen wrote:Fuck that pussy ass shit Traz. The only thing to to is stop coddling these fucking babies through gimp ass zones. Seriously, if people don't know how to do something as UTTERLY TRIVIAL as fucking BRD, kick them the fuck out and do it with 4. Even 3 decently geared people (tank with some FR) can clear that fucking place.

Don't explain shit to people. See someone lagging behind on the heal+DPS meter? They are fucking history, no warning, no nagging, just swift kick in the ass.
Yeah, but what the fuck does that have to do with getting reported by an asshole for breaking the rules of the game set forth by the company that owns it?
--------------------
What I choose not to do
Traz-KOE
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Traz-KOE »

Nick wrote:Fuck Blizzards stupid GM's.
Yeah, how dare they enforce their own rules?
--------------------
What I choose not to do
Fesuni Chopsui
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fesuni Chopsui »

masteen wrote:Fuck that pussy ass shit Traz. The only thing to to is stop coddling these fucking babies through gimp ass zones. Seriously, if people don't know how to do something as UTTERLY TRIVIAL as fucking BRD, kick them the fuck out and do it with 4. Even 3 decently geared people (tank with some FR) can clear that fucking place.

When did you become so heartless Masteen? :cry:

ps: *wave*
Quietly Retired From EQ In Greater Faydark
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Traz, shut up. The context of the situation clearly shows who's the one being verbally harassed.

BUT OMG I SAID A WORD THEY DONT LIKE.

Blah blah blah, however you cut it, it was bullshit.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

It really comes down to what they say in football. It's not the person who throws the first punch that gets the penalty.

If you know someone is up to jackassery, why would you give them ammunition to use against you?
Sabek
Just Sabek
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Because the thousand other times it's happened (as a mage) it never degenerated into "warning" related farce and not really many people on my server give too much of a shit if you say a "rude" word - not that I do it unless the moron deserves it.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

A fun way to stir up shit and get people warnings on thier account is by saying 'Allah is great!' and 'Praise be to Allah' in public channels.

:lol:
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

There's a language filter. You should never be in any trouble using adult language.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

miir wrote:A fun way to stir up shit and get people warnings on thier account is by saying 'Allah is great!' and 'Praise be to Allah' in public channels.

:lol:
haha
Traz-KOE
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Traz-KOE »

Fine, douchebags. Heed the warning or not, but that's how the fucking system works. Getting on your goddamn soapboxes about it isn't going to change anything, and rallying about how it *should* be isn't going to change anything.

If you swear in "public" channels, odds are you are *going* to get reported at some point. When you do, Blizzard will *not* be sympathetic. They aren't going to say "Oh, well, maybe he was justified THIS time". They don't get paid enough to act as an advocate on your behalf- if someone reports you for breaking the rules, and they can corroborate that report with logs, then you *will* get actioned for it.

That's the bottom line. There are no value judgements involved here, and I'm not claiming that anyone is deserving of anything, but f'realz, yo; If you don't want to get warned/suspended/etc, then keep that shit out of public channels or you *are* going to get screwed by someone.
--------------------
What I choose not to do
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

My alts "Likesmenz", "Poonanny", and "Butts" were savagely murdered by the evil GM monster.

and this is just my main account.. i can only pray that these nazi babysnatchers never find Buttloaf on my girlfriend's acct. HES GOT A WIFE AND KIDS
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

I tried to report my own name once stating that it was offensive in another language...they got a good chuckle but did not let me change it.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Taraos
No Stars!

Post by Taraos »

Eh. I agree, fuck Blizzard GMs.

I had a cat named Whitey when I was little, so I tamed a frostsaber stalker and named him Whitey. Lame, I know. But not the point. So after an AV I had some person complained to me calling me a racist and stuff, so I asked Blizzard to change my pets name to Blitz as I had no intent of offending people and really didn't think of the name along those lines.

I get a letter back thanking me for coming forward about it and saying they get to pick my pets new name. I was like.. ugh. I log in and summon my pet and was quite pissed.

My pure white cat was renamed Spot. Yes.. Spot. Had I been rude, I could understand them doing that, but they could of just as easily given him the name I wanted. I looked at it as.. "Thanks.. FUCK YOU".
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Like the name of a pet has anything to do with how good it is. lol.

You cursed, you broke the rules that you agreed upon before playing the game. Broke a rule. Just the same as anything else, you break a rule you get a warning.

The great thing with Blizzard... they keep a tally of all your infractions, once you reach a certain point you get a "FINAL WARNING", dont really matter what it is... hacking, cheating, exploiting, cursing, harassing... just once you reach that point to get FINAL WARNING... anything...ANYTHING you do wrong from that point onward will get you perma account closed.

I was on Final Warning on my mule account a year or so ago, was using it to talk to alliance while I was playing Horde on a PvP server.... plus use it to see who else was in the zone that could possibly kill me.. yeah a little cheat.

Anyway, I would often delete and remake the alliance character because people would catch onto what I was doing. To my misfortune, I created a character named "Iamnotkrakhoe" Or, I am not crack ho for those who cannot read it so easy. This account, was on final warning, and due to a Naming Violation, it was PERMA BANNED.

Yeah, I guess I broke the rules... however, the horde account I was playing at the exact same time... what was the characters name? Krakhoe!

Never received even a warning and her name was blatant.

I never understood how that happened.

Anyway, if you play online games you must understand if a pissed off GM crosses your path at the wrong time you can lose everything. You increase you own odds of losing everything by the way you act in game, but even innocent behaviour can sometimes get you banned.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I guess that's what it breaks down to for me: clueless gimptards who don't know how to do the easiest shit in-game are more likely to report you for stupid shit like calling them a dumbass when their pet wipes you.

I avoid that situation by having no congress with that type of player. Not that my guild on WW doesn't have noobies, but they're F&F of other guildies, and they at least know better than to bite the hand that drags their lowbie ass through WC, SFK, ect.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:There's a language filter. You should never be in any trouble using adult language.
They've repeatedly said that the filter isn't a license to be offensive, it's just there to protect those from others who break their rules. Trying to argue that point is like trying to reason with Midn--oh wait.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

*BUMP*
I got a warning from a GM over a month ago because I said "STFU" to someone spamming the general chat. I got reported BY the spammer too. Lame.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Yes, I realize I am responding to rather old posts.
Dregor Thule wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:There's a language filter. You should never be in any trouble using adult language.
They've repeatedly said that the filter isn't a license to be offensive, it's just there to protect those from others who break their rules. Trying to argue that point is like trying to reason with Midn--oh wait.
No, it isn't a license to be offensive, we understand that. But I've yet to see a valid reason for anyone who would be offended by 'bad words' to turn the filter off other than to be a complete fucking piece of shit and report people.

Oh yeah, for all those important instances where you'll need to see the would 'grape' instead of 'g!@#$'. Yeah. Wait, no.

Anyone that gets offended by the word 'bitch' shouldn't be allowed within 10' radius of an internet-connected computer anyways. Granted, I don't play WoW anymore, but whiney cocksuckers that reported people pissed me off to no fucking end. Your guildchat isn't even safe - a guildmember received a permanent ban over this shit. The dickhead responsible was promptly kicked out, but Christ, we couldn't even talk freely in our own guildchat for fear of being reported by some faggot that might have infiltrated our ranks.
Traz-KOE wrote:
Nick wrote:Fuck Blizzards stupid GM's.
Yeah, how dare they enforce their own rules?
Yeah, how dare they. Did you even read his post? First of all, if any sort of verbal harassment exists in his quotation, 'random_moron' is committing it. Secondly, random_moron calls Nick an 'Ashole' clearly before Nick told him to fuck off. Now, through my mysterious and extrasensory ability to interpret the context of this word, I can conclude he was calling Nick an asshole. The GM told Nick this dickless piece of shit broke no rules, but that Nick did. Yeah, they sure do enforce their own rules. Or not. Fuck Blizzard's stupid GMs. In fact, fuck them with the business end of a crowbar.
Lynks wrote:*BUMP*
I got a warning from a GM over a month ago because I said "STFU" to someone spamming the general chat. I got reported BY the spammer too. Lame.
That is definitely lame. What's really twisted is the fact that you could have your account permanently banned for telling someone to 'STFU' if you were on your 'Final Warning' that Xanupox was talking about.
Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Akanae »

little off topic, but mangina is blocked by their word filter. I found that amusing.
WOW - Eewy priest of Cenarius
EQ- Akanae Tendo officer of OTB ~retired~
COH - Akanae Empathy Defender on Pinnacle ~retired~
Traz-KOE
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Traz-KOE »

For Drinsic.
Traz-KOE wrote:Fine, douchebags. Heed the warning or not, but that's how the fucking system works. Getting on your goddamn soapboxes about it isn't going to change anything, and rallying about how it *should* be isn't going to change anything.

If you swear in "public" channels, odds are you are *going* to get reported at some point. When you do, Blizzard will *not* be sympathetic. They aren't going to say "Oh, well, maybe he was justified THIS time". They don't get paid enough to act as an advocate on your behalf- if someone reports you for breaking the rules, and they can corroborate that report with logs, then you *will* get actioned for it.

That's the bottom line. There are no value judgements involved here, and I'm not claiming that anyone is deserving of anything, but f'realz, yo; If you don't want to get warned/suspended/etc, then keep that shit out of public channels or you *are* going to get screwed by someone.
--------------------
What I choose not to do
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I am pleased to see you can successfully use the quote feature. High five?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Drinsic Darkwood wrote:I am pleased to see you can successfully use the quote feature. High five?
Maybe he was pointing out that you need a little work using that feature yourself. The quote you used and responded to left a lot out.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

If quoting an entire post without removing any of its contents is somehow considered leaving a lot out, then yeah, maybe that's what he's getting at.