PS3 manufacturing has started.

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

PS3 manufacturing has started.

Post by Animalor »

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx ... 88056.html

Asustek will deliver 200k units to Sony this month, that number rising to 2 million units (i believe a month) in October.

Another mfg (Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd) will be starting to make PS3's soon as well.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

analysts have said that nintendo beat them to it.

in other news, DS sales are up 426% from a year ago and my pink ds lite ships tomorrow!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: PS3 manufacturing has started.

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx ... 88056.html

Asustek will deliver 200k units to Sony this month, that number rising to 2 million units (i believe a month) in October.

Another mfg (Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd) will be starting to make PS3's soon as well.
"will deliver" != "has delivered"

I doubt the 2 million by October with the 20% cell chip yield issues.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: PS3 manufacturing has started.

Post by Syenye »

Winnow wrote:"will deliver" != "has delivered"
the wii wiiiiiill deliver!

winnow, you're ruining my attempts to make every gaming thread about nintendo!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

it's actually really fucking annoying. you like nintendo; WE FUCKING -GET- IT.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

*any* post about the PS3 will automatically get hit with Winnow's message of hate!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fuck Sony and their bloated management that can't get their act together!

Keep it up Syenye!

DS is crushing Sony's PSP. Sony's UMD has failed completely. (Target is pulling UMD games form their stores and Sony has admitted the UMD sucks (phrased differently of course). Gotta love those slowwwww loading times!

Sony is in for another ass kicking from Nintendo in Japan. If Microsoft can't get the job done in Japan, it's nice to see Nintendo doing the damage to Sony until they can get their products back on track again and not just sell new products because of the lemming law. Voodoo cards used to rule. Who's buying them now?

PS3 = the 3DFX Voodoo 5500

Buy that! The previous generation of voodoo ruled...gotta buy this one too!
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Syenye »

the UMD was a good idea from a storage aspect, cause you can fit a lot more than on the cartridge but the load times are so freaking long.

i like nintendo, i like their business model, and i like their products. the ps3, the 360, and the wii are all much more interesting in each other's context and because of launch dates, it's quite relevant to talk about the ps3 and the wii at the same time.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

this forum is worse than gamefaq's forums.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Heh. Have you checked out Joystiq recently?

Articles there very often have an anti-Sony slant as well.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:it's actually really fucking annoying. you like nintendo; WE FUCKING -GET- IT.
it's actually really fucking annoying. you like nothing; WE FUCKING -GET- IT.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Damn Sony haters! How can this be?! Sony is the greatest company in the world! I say we boycott all who oppose the Sony giants. After all, Sony says "people will buy the PS3 even if it only makes toast. Fuck the people. We're S-O-N-Y god damn it!"
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

haha wow you really turned that one around on me
dibit_eq
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by dibit_eq »

But... Why the h8 on 3dFx? Seriously. That's just cold.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Totally non-scientific but at work at least three people I've heard have said they will be getting the Wii and not the PS3. I tried using the "But it's BLU-RAY for only $600!!" on them but they're still not buying. Haven't heard anyone saying they'd be buying a PS3 though. Which isn't to say Sony won't sell a boatload of them which I'm sure they will.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The only people I've talked to in RL that are planning on or getting a PS3 this year are teens that have no income or 20-25 yo's that have some disposable income and no significant other.

I'm not sure how many consoles games like Gears of War, Dead Rising and N3 are going to move but I think it'll take Sony about 4-6 months to reach MS's current sales numbers.(barring any factors like production shortages etc)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Blu Ray is shaping up to be the Betamax of HD formats. It may be a little better but costs more and will be getting a late start. Hello HD-DVD with your HD movie on one side and standard DVD format on the other. HD-DVD = the cheaper, more friendly PC format as well.

If that happens...

Sony:

-getting waxed in the handheld market with yet another failing medium in UMDs. (not to mention their failing proprietary memory sticks)
-will be launching the PS3 late with a whole three non cross platform games. The 360 had more than that and actually has some decent games coming out in the next 6 months, way before the PS3 to add to their lead.
-the music and movie division is in the dumpster

Blu Ray getting no love will be the biggest hit yet as Sony will keep trying to pump out Blu Ray movies trying to save the format. The PS3 will have less games as the difficulty level in creating games for the Cell Processor will make sure of that.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

you really should be writing for wall street journal or forbes with such canny insight into the industry.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

...while you should be writing on bathroom stall walls.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

OH, NICE BURN
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

fuck yeah it was!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Your hard on for slobbering on Bill's cock knows no bounds. Sadly, if the PS3 loses out, it will be to Nintendo, not Xbox. In two weeks, SF2: Turbo will be out on the Xbox 360. It will be the second game I actually buy for the system and only the third I played (Robotron and Oblivion being the other two). If you spent half the time you have on fanboi sony hate rage on pusing to get good titles for the 360, you wouldn't have to be rooting for a third company to beat sony out like you have in this thread. Instead, five months from now we will all be using the 360 as a fucking drink coaster while we argue over the Wii and the PS3, just like the last generation of consoles. I suspect Sony will win that war unless the Wii A) delivers a controller that actually doesn't mutate your hand into a crippled claw from using it B) Get some of the 3rd party developers back that they lost to Sony last time out. Both are possibilities, but the second is more likely than the first.

Incidentally, UMD sucks for action games, but its much better than cartridge for RPGs and sports games that need the extra space. Hell, Winnow, with the amount of pirating you do you should LOVE UMD as it will be easier to rip off for future PSP emulators. The truth is the PSP is suffering from what the 360 is; a lack of descent titles (Liberty City Stories, Hot Shots, and some RPGs not withstanding) and a firm resistance to the modding community. If you really want to make a valid bitch about the PSP you would have a better argument about the limited power supply. All that said, owning both, I have played more games on the PSP than the DS since release, not even counting emulators. But I have played more GBA games than both combined in that time too. Once again, lack of descent titles.

I realize you have an agenda to get the pirate Shooter Box 360 to number one, but cock fencing over ever small detail of the PS3 while ignoring the glaringly obvious issues with the 360 is entirely too much like listening to you in the Current Events Forum.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The truth is the PSP is suffering from what the 360 is; a lack of descent titles (Liberty City Stories, Hot Shots, and some RPGs not withstanding) and a firm resistance to the modding community.
As for the amount of titles, they're starting to roll in now, with 3 decently reviewed gams this month(LoTR:BFME2, Prey and Chromehounds) and 4 new arcade titles.

Look at the upcoming list of 360 games over at http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/calendar.aspx and you'll see that the drought of decent titles we've had for the last little while is slowly but surely coming to an end.

As for the claim that the prevention of modding is hurting the 360, what will happen to the PS3 comes out and is as resistant to modding as the 360?? Sony will assuredly prevent people from accessing their online service with un-updated firmware or modded PS3's.

The 360 may well end up third, but internationally, I think it will be a much closer race between the 3 contenders that it was in the current gen.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:Your hard on for slobbering on Bill's cock knows no bounds. Sadly, if the PS3 loses out, it will be to Nintendo, not Xbox.
Well...no shit? Nintendo will cause havok in Japan for the PS3 while in the U.S. the 360 will do it's job.

As for titles...dude, you suck more Sony cock than anyone in assuming Sony will have good titles on their new, hard to develop for, platform. Three games worth even looking at will be released for the PS3 at launch...the rest...wow...what do you know...will already be available on the 360. It's true that the 360 doesnt have many titles but over the next six months they will have 4-5 times the three titles that PS3 releases with....whenever that is...early 2007?...maybe before Halo 3 if they're lucky...and will keep chugging along with second gen games on an easier to develop for platform, also ported to and from PCs, with multiplayer interraction between PC/360s.

Titles for the 360, now over six omnths old, are coming in....the three titles for the PS3 are going to bore you into late 2007...and you won't even be able to use the PS3's control as an ass vibrator anymore while you wait for your gobs of PS3 next gen titles.

Meanwhile, Xbox Live and Live Arcade are doing very well and improving monthly...can't wait for that first gen PS3 online service! Bet it rocks!

Lets just wait and see if Sony is able to launch in November...HIGHLY doubtful that even if they do, it's outside of Japan...looks like more 360's and Wii's in U.S. households with all the holiday shopping money...oh. If the PS3 doesn't get in stores by November, it's introduction in early 2007 is be quite boring compared to the 360's and Wii's introductions at the right time of year....kinda like the snoozer it was at E3.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Why the fuck would anyone take sides over fucking computers?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Nick wrote:Why the fuck would anyone take sides over fucking computers?
People will take sides over anything.

Remember the whole Cake vs Pie fiasco?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

jesus

every once in awhile I have to take a step back and marvel at what a collosal fucking ignoramous winnow is. it is nearly unspeakable. I am not creative enough to even pretend to be that stupid for the purpose of satire.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Cake ftw! :razz:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What I find amazing is that you still use the word, "colossal" and constantly misspell it in all of your coup de grace flames! Find a word you can spell before you retort with such wit.

fucking snow hick
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

This isn't directed at anyone specific but:

I can move this thread to retards at any time... I'd recommend waiting until the product is actually released before condemnation, but that's just my opinion.

Animalor: The cake vs. pie thing is VERY serious.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

noel wrote:This isn't directed at anyone specific but:

I can move this thread to retards at any time... I'd recommend waiting until the product is actually released before condemnation, but that's just my opinion.

sup Noel.

The time has come to...
Push the button!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

archeiron wrote:
noel wrote:This isn't directed at anyone specific but:

sup Noel.

The time has come to...
Push the button!
Much better to wait for a few, "You're opressing us!" or "You're on a powertrip !" whine posts.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

well aren't you benevolent giving us a chance to redeem ourselves, o wise and great moderator. hey, why don't you edit all our posts to read they way you want them to? you could invent conversations where we all talk about how fucking rad you are.

someone pm me when this guy stops yanking his dick over his moderator status.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

kyoukan wrote:well aren't you benevolent giving us a chance to redeem ourselves, o wise and great moderator. hey, why don't you edit all our posts to read they way you want them to? you could invent conversations where we all talk about how fucking rad you are.

someone pm me when this guy stops yanking his dick over his moderator status.
I am rad. You have a point there.

Sadly, I've already edited all the posts in the thread I could possibly want to, and I'm frankly sick and tired of every X-box, Nintendo or PS3 thread turning into Winnow powerposting how much the 360 kicks ass and how much the Sony will blow up your house if it ever comes out. Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but since there's actual useful information being posted that people are actually interested in, him turning the signal to noise ratio to total shit isn't really conducive to the propogation of useful information. If every thread is going to be like this I'll move them all to retards. If I'm no longer allowed to mod I really don't fucking care.
Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Akanae »

Jice Virago wrote:I have played more games on the PSP than the DS since release, not even counting emulators. But I have played more GBA games than both combined in that time too. Once again, lack of descent titles.
Either you have horrible taste in games, or you haven't been purchasing the right DS titles. I can see someone who goobers all over graphics prefering the PSP to the DS... but I can't fathom anyone consistantly picking GBA over DS. I hope to god that you at least own a GBA SP.
WOW - Eewy priest of Cenarius
EQ- Akanae Tendo officer of OTB ~retired~
COH - Akanae Empathy Defender on Pinnacle ~retired~
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I post plenty of useful info on this board and I have an argument specific to the discussion in my replies. Colorful metaphors are mixed in, otherwise it'd be as boring as watching shit dry in the sunlight on this forum.

And the fun is speculating about what's going to happen, not stating the facts afterwards...gee, that takes balls.

The 360/PS3/Wii dialogues going on in this forum are it's only saving grace atm.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:I post plenty of useful info on this board
omfg, what? you haven't posted anything useful EVER.
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

As a lurker, I will say the PS3/360/Wii banter on this forum has been some of the most entertaining reading I've seen in a long time on VV. I'd hate to see future threads be squashed in favor of "useful content" or whatever. I'll have to check out the retard forum; it sounds good.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Syenye »

Akanae wrote:Either you have horrible taste in games, or you haven't been purchasing the right DS titles. I can see someone who goobers all over graphics prefering the PSP to the DS... but I can't fathom anyone consistantly picking GBA over DS. I hope to god that you at least own a GBA SP.

there really haven't been any decent RPGs for the DS. i don't think that's horrible taste in games, it's just that a lot of the DS games don't have the appeal of a good RPG... i leave one of the fire emblem carts in my DS for when i get bored, they have a lot more (re)-playability than a lot of the DS games.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:
Winnow wrote:I post plenty of useful info on this board
omfg, what? you haven't posted anything useful EVER.
Can your flames get any more generic?

Your last decent flame was in the early years of this decade. It's been all downhill since then. You're posts are the definition of trite.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

that was more of a statement of fact than a flame :p
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:Can your flames get any more generic?

Your last decent flame was in the early years of this decade. It's been all downhill since then. You're posts are the definition of trite.
OH FUCK YOU SPELLED IT 'YOU'RE' INSTEAD OF 'YOUR' I AM GOING TO POINT IT OUT BECAUSE I'M SUCH A CLUELESS TARD THAT I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY.

PS: Snow hick? What the jesus?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Quit using CAPS you collololosall idiot!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

IBTR?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow wrote:Blu Ray is shaping up to be the Betamax of HD formats
Betamax failed because it could only hold an hour of footage, right? It was also more popular than VHS at first, right?

Comparing that to the "hasn't even come out yet but I'm going to peg it as 'will have failed'" mentality you have with Blu Ray's future is yet another example of your snowballing 360 > Sony bias. MICROCOSM!@!!!!

Just breathe a nice, refreshingly unbiased breath, and let Sony sell as many PS3 copies as they want to. You can have your 360 as much as you want, Punkin. Those of the sane people here who are waiting to see what happens have long since chosen to ignore whatever your stance is when making their console purchasing decisions.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Betamax failed because Sony didn't liscense it out to other manufacturers and charmed a premium for the players. The tapes were also more expensive. A lot of people credit the pornography industry with driving sales of VHS players because they were too cheap to make beta version of their flicks cause theycost like an extra 50 cents.

Betamax is still industry standard for television studios due to it's superior quality though. Sony's DAT tapes had a similar fate because although they are higher quality sound than cassettes or CD's, Sony well overcharged for the players and the medium and it tanked.

The parallels between blu-ray and betamax (and DAT, and UMD) are alarmingly similar. the problem is Sony is always trying to corner the market and eliminate competition with their mediums, but consumers won't cooperate with them and pay their prices. it is a gamble because if they do finally land on a format that only they produce that the public decides they have to have, they will make enormous amounts of dough.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:
Winnow wrote:Blu Ray is shaping up to be the Betamax of HD formats
Betamax failed because it could only hold an hour of footage, right? It was also more popular than VHS at first, right?

Comparing that to the "hasn't even come out yet but I'm going to peg it as 'will have failed'" mentality you have with Blu Ray's future is yet another example of your snowballing 360 > Sony bias. MICROCOSM!@!!!!

Just breathe a nice, refreshingly unbiased breath, and let Sony sell as many PS3 copies as they want to. You can have your 360 as much as you want, Punkin. Those of the sane people here who are waiting to see what happens have long since chosen to ignore whatever your stance is when making their console purchasing decisions.
Aren't you the guy that posted the two out of like 10 ATi performance charts that showed ATi nudging nVidia in performance and then blow a load in your pants even though the other 8 charts showed nVidia ahead?

Anyway, take a look at this article I posted on another thread before you start wearing around your Blu-Ray is Best T-Shirt.

While the Betamax format had a clear advantage over VHS, the same isn't true for Blu-Ray over HD-DVD. There are tradeoffs in benefits but the lead in support from Hollywood belongs to HD-DVD as well as for PCs.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/blu-ray_2.htm

..but your mind is already made up!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Siji wrote:*Image Removed*
Dumbass
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Mmmmm, 10 million 360's, a cheap HD-DVD add-on, and 160 HD games before PS3 announces their next delay in a month or two.
Liddell, the company's CFO, commented during the earnings call that the company is aiming for 13 million to 15 million Xbox 360 consoles sold by the end of the next financial year, which is June 20th, 2007 under Microsoft's current financial reporting schedule - a figure backed up by subsequent financial filings.

In a separate filing, the company revealed: "This brings our installed base through June to 5 million consoles with 3.3 million in North America, 1.3 million in Europe and 400,000 in the rest of the world."

It was also cited by the Microsoft Home & Entertainment team's Entertainment & Devices division: "By holiday 2006, we believe we will have shipped more than 10 million Xbox 360 consoles worldwide and have an expected catalog of 160 high-definition games."

Also mentioned was confirmation of the HD-DVD add-on shipping later this year for the console: "Accessory momentum is expected to continue at a record setting pace given forthcoming wireless accessories including the new Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel and Xbox 360 Wireless Headset, not to mention the Xbox 360 HD DVD player coming this holiday."
Lets see...this holiday season...I want to watch some HD movies. I can buy a 150.00 HD-DVD player for my 360 and have access to more HD movies than Blu Ray or buy a 600.00 PS3 (like you have a shot in hell of getting the few that dribble into the stores...if they actually make it) and have access to a couple hollywood company's movies and three original games.