Damn GnR

Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Damn GnR

Post by Mak »

My wife bought us tickets to see the Guns-n-Roses show in Phoenix later this month. She was pretty excited, and even though she doesn't care for that kind of music, was pretty proud of herself for getting me something she thought I'd like as an early Christmas present.

And of course, just a few days ago, the tour gets cancelled. Nobody knows exaclty why, but everything I've read says that it has something to do with Axl. Of course it does. I'd been hearing some pretty good things about most of the tour up to that point, too.

Fuck you, Axl.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

We had tickets to the show in Dallas. The problem with the whole situation is that it's not really G'n'R, it's just Axl and a bunch of nobody's. The other four original members of G'n'R have their own band and are currently looking for a lead singer.

Axl is such an ass.

his voice is incredible though.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Xyun wrote:We had tickets to the show in Dallas. The problem with the whole situation is that it's not really G'n'R, it's just Axl and a bunch of nobody's. The other four original members of G'n'R have their own band and are currently looking for a lead singer.

Axl is such an ass.

his voice is incredible though.
They had them at the end of either the VH1 or MTV Music awards, and Axl's voice ain't what it used to be, to put it bluntly he sounded like shit. I cannot sing at all and can do better.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I went to go see them in Vancouver a few months ago just for something to do (I'm not really a fan), and the concert wasn't officially cancelled but Axl just decided to not show up at literally the last minute. There was a minor riot at the arena etc as all of the GNR fans got pissed and started shit up.

The guy is a total fucking asshole. I feel badly for encouraging the dumb ass by purchasing a ticket to go see him whine like a fucking idiot songs that haven't been popular in 10-12 years. It's bad enough being a has-been, but to be one and a total arrogant, high-toned jackass is even worse. The guy should be waking up every morning and thanking god that he can sell tickets to his stupid concerts, much less blowing them off like a chump.